Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
SOC: Is Y&R recasting Adam Newman?
Topic Started: Mar 25 2014, 04:59 PM (1,077 Views)
thepadange

http://michaelfairmansoaps.com/news/yr-recasting-adam-newman-casting-breakdown-reads-like-it/2014/03/25/

http://soapcentral.com/yr/news/2014/0325-casting_aaron.php
Edited by thepadange, Mar 25 2014, 05:05 PM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Renegade_Killerbee
Member Avatar

I keep reading that Sara Gilbert is a lead candidate to be the NuAdam.

Fine by me. As long as it's not homophobic Chris Egan or (way-too-old) Trevor St. John.

darraholic
Member Avatar

Chris Egan is not homophobic.

BlissfulLily
Member Avatar

He just didn't want to play the part of a gay man. I couldn't see MCE playing a lesbian role either. Doesn't make em homophobic.

Renegade_Killerbee
Member Avatar

Riiiiiiiight.

And Melissa Reeves will be riding on a float in this years Gay Pride Parade.
Edited by Renegade_Killerbee, Mar 26 2014, 11:07 AM.

BlissfulLily
Member Avatar

So if a gay person doesn't want to play a straight part that makes them heterophobic?

Sammie Jo
Member Avatar

Renegade_Killerbee
Mar 25 2014, 06:27 PM

Fine by me. As long as it's not homophobic Chris Egan or (way-too-old) Trevor St. John.
Sara Gilbert? I don't think so.
Chris is not homophobic, he just didn't want to kiss another man. I don't want to kiss another woman, doesn't make me homophobic.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Sammie Jo
Member Avatar

Renegade_Killerbee
Mar 26 2014, 11:04 AM
Riiiiiiiight.

why has this suddenly turned into a sexuality phobia thread?

Kevin_Buchanan
Member Avatar

Renegade_Killerbee
Mar 25 2014, 06:27 PM

:shrug: :soapbox: Trevor St. John is 42! Michael Muhney is 38! Only 4 years difference! DEFINITELY NOT WAY-TOO-OLD!

3WishGenie
Member Avatar

Sammie Jo
Mar 26 2014, 04:55 PM
Renegade_Killerbee
Mar 26 2014, 11:04 AM
Riiiiiiiight.

why has this suddenly turned into a sexuality phobia thread?
Besides the casting description clearly says "Loves Women" so whoever it is won't be kissing any men lol so no need to go off topic! :P

bygnedys

I don't want T.S.J. he played Todd as bland and boring, too laid back, a character that was wild and uncontrollable became a pale, boring version of what it was suppose to be. JM0.

I think the guy who played Jonathan on G.H. would fit right in and he can act. Brandon somebody.

Grandpa Hughes
Member Avatar
"Dedicated to the brotherhood of healing. "

darraholic
Mar 25 2014, 06:42 PM
That's not what his boyfriend says!

darraholic
Member Avatar

Grandpa Hughes
Mar 26 2014, 09:51 PM
darraholic
Mar 25 2014, 06:42 PM
That's not what his boyfriend says!
LoL I could kiss your right now, but then again I'm not gay, so obviously I'm homophobic.

LPS
Member Avatar

Wasn't the issue with CE the overall direction of Adam? Didn't he object to the torture of Ashley?

LPS
Member Avatar

Oh and I found TSJ BORING as shit. I don't get the appeal of that man. He's a terrible actor, IMO.

Grandpa Hughes
Member Avatar

Yes Engen had (quite legitimate) concerns beyond Adam "faking the gay " to distract Rafe. The writers torpedoed the character who'd been very compelling up to that point. Engen was very good and I was sorry to see him go.

Miss Rhi
Member Avatar
"If Sami can't find happiness with a Martian, then she can't find happiness with anyone."

I don't blame him for leaving especially after they had his character burn what was left of Ashley's miscarried baby in the fireplace. He may also not have been comfortable with the backstage goings on at the show either if he wasn't accepted by the widely rumored cliques that exist there. I can't remember who exactly broke the Chris Egen story but if it's who I'm remembering I can see why the supposed homophobic angle was made such an issue.

Lets all try and share our opinions about this when directed at other members in a respectful manner too.

metitle
Member Avatar

LPS
Mar 26 2014, 10:13 PM
Wasn't the issue with CE the overall direction of Adam? Didn't he object to the torture of Ashley?
I believe that's what Mr. Engen said was the reason why he left the show.
Then others alluded the reason being he is a homophobe.

Grandpa Hughes
Member Avatar

I think they could cast George Clooney (yes I know he is too old. But so was the guy who was fired.)or whoever the young star of the day is and the maniacs would be complaining and crying to "bring the real Adam back ". They refuse to stop with the "It was a setup " delusions on Facebook or in the comments to stories like this one.

Grandpa Hughes
Member Avatar

Miss Rhi
Mar 27 2014, 12:17 AM
I don't blame him for leaving especially after they had his character burn what was left of Ashley's miscarried baby in the fireplace. He may also not have been comfortable with the backstage goings on at the show either if he wasn't accepted by the widely rumored cliques that exist there. I can't remember who exactly broke the Chris Egen story but if it's who I'm remembering I can see why the supposed homophobic angle was made such an issue.

Lets all try and share our opinions about this when directed at other members in a respectful manner too.
Yes it was the soap "journalist " you're thinking of who rose the "homophobia " alarm. That creep heralded the "gay storyline " with Adam and Rafe as some groundbreaking move. He was always sucking up to MABell and Hoagy back then.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
ZetaBoards gives you all the tools to create a successful discussion community.
« Previous Topic · Y&R & B&B: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply