Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Spoilers for the Week April 7th; *updated 3/31*
Topic Started: Mar 26 2014, 10:39 AM (29,450 Views)
BeeBee
Member Avatar

Ghani
Apr 8 2014, 01:34 PM
sillibella
Apr 8 2014, 02:34 AM
Ghani
Apr 8 2014, 01:40 AM
sillibella
Apr 7 2014, 11:50 PM
Julie possibly boycotting the wedding over Nick's absence would be ludicrous but it wouldn't surprise me at all. Julie really has become a tool for Nick. Ugh. Even Maggie showed up and she adores Nick. Granted it was held at her house but she never even mentioned Nick's name, thankfully. Knowing the writers Julie will be conveniently absent whenever Nick's plans eventually blow up in his face so she won't have to deal with how wrong she was. -_-
Caring about a family member is not wrong. Trying to find him when he disappears from the face of the Earth is not wrong either.

I don't even fault Julie for being persistent at the Christening because when you know something is wrong and someone you love might be in danger, every minute/second could count.

Julie probably knows nothing about what really went down between Nick and Will (nobody convinced me otherwise so far), so it is really unfair to blame her for not being on Will's side, IMO (she probably doesn't even know that there are any sides to be on).
Caring about a family member, of course, is not wrong. Making Ari's christening a way to get info about Nick (all the while knowingly making numerous people uncomfortable as hell) and making a dramatic scene directly afterwards was classless as hell, especially when her sister, a cop, told her a few times to cool it because she was going to take care of it. Julie was just determined to be dramatic about it all and she got her way. It has become a tired way with her.

Now she is all upset because Nick didn't get an invite to a wedding she didn't bother showing up to either. Whatever. I might start caring about her crazy opinions when her blind devotion to Nick comes to an end. Til then she might as well stay gone. :yawnz:
Re the bolded: She might have said that, but she wasn't really doing anything substantial at the time. She was totally OK with having a good time at the Christening without any care for what can be happening to Nick right at that moment she is enjoying herself so nicely whatsoever. So again, I don't fault Julie for being insistent and trying to get things moving. Moreover I think it made Hope look bad that she wasn't more concerned. It's not like Ariana wouldn't have gotten christened if Hope wasn't there.

I, on the other hand, am glad that at least someone in that family cares about Nick. It's not like Will needs even more people in his corner ... Still, nobody (not even Julie) seems to truly put the time in and really try to help Nick at all.

Edit: I want to add that I don't care one iota if Julie "made numerous people uncomfortable as hell" with her inquiries. Those were all people who either almost killed Nick by drowning him (plus the "almost" part doesn't go to their credit) and/or were perfectly OK with killing him, so fuck them.
One thumbs up for the original post.Two thumbs up for the Edit comment.Three thumbs up for the last three words of the edit.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Kaha
Member Avatar

Nick destroyed MW's entire spring line, losing the company tons of money. So, no, he hasn't made Kate's company lots of money. She paid him for those formula's yet he infected her company with virus as a parting gift. He threatened Gabi with prison if she doesn't agree to his plan. He then tried to rape her.

He has no right to get a job by extortion. Good people don't blackmail people to get a job or for their potential partner. Good people don't threaten people with prison rape.

I watch online without the menacing music (I think they remove it for copyright reasons), and I can see his intentions are not noble or innocent. If you love someone, you don't pump your fist each time you feel you scored with her. Not a sign of love. He doesn't look sentimental or like someone in love, but someone who's calculating every move.

Nick is obsessive. He wants Gabi and Arianna and that's not love. He feels like they belong to him and he lost them. He needs to get them back by any means. He's more subtle than Liam but as obsessive.

BeeBee
Member Avatar

Angelsmile
Apr 8 2014, 03:55 PM
Ghani
Apr 8 2014, 03:29 PM
jam6242
Apr 8 2014, 01:57 PM
I'm glad that someone is showing some concern for Nick too. I'd just rather see Julie having a heart-to-heart with Nick instead of talking to Sami about the wedding.
I totally agree with this. It sucks that nobody in that family cares enough to talk thoroughly to Nick and make sure he gets the help he needs. :shame:
Unfortunately, Nick does not want help. After the shooting all we had were scenes of Maggie trying to talk thoroughly to him and make sure he got help. He is the one that did not listen and would not see anyone. He forestalled all of that this time by telling them he was seeing someone and all the truths he had realized and come to through his therapy. Of course, he is lying. I am not sure if it is purposely or if he is truly deluded enough to consider conversations with a bird watcher as therapy. In any case, Nick has been shown much concern. The fact that he refuses to listen to it or be moved by it is all on him.
Nick had serious problems in prison and after getting out of prison.Hope,Julie,and Maggie were aware of this but the only concern you actually saw was a conversation or two between Maggie and Nick and Hope and Nick,and Julie and Nick but no one following up on seeing him get help.
Brady has a broken engagement and turns to drink and we have John,Victor,Maggie,Marlena,Roman,and Daniel crawling all over him on a daily basis to get help.The writing makes no sense.BB is as good an actor as EM.Instead of wasting time on Fetch and getting Abe with Maxine,they could have given screen time to Julie,Hope,and Maggie seeing Nick had a problem and attempting to get help.How many people who need psychological counseling realize they need help? I believe Nick's prison experience being held an an abusive enviroment with violent dysfunctional people concentrated in a small space has warped his perspective.Nick probably thinks his behavior is reasonable and likely does not think he needs help,he is just doing what it takes to have his happy life with Gabi.

BeeBee
Member Avatar

Ghani
Apr 8 2014, 04:51 PM
Angelsmile
Ghani
jam6242
I'm glad that someone is showing some concern for Nick too. I'd just rather see Julie having a heart-to-heart with Nick instead of talking to Sami about the wedding.
I totally agree with this. It sucks that nobody in that family cares enough to talk thoroughly to Nick and make sure he gets the help he needs. :shame:
Unfortunately, Nick does not want help. After the shooting all we had were scenes of Maggie trying to talk thoroughly to him and make sure he got help. He is the one that did not listen and would not see anyone. He forestalled all of that this time by telling them he was seeing someone and all the truths he had realized and come to through his therapy. Of course, he is lying. I am not sure if it is purposely or if he is truly deluded enough to consider conversations with a bird watcher as therapy. In any case, Nick has been shown much concern. The fact that he refuses to listen to it or be moved by it is all on him.
Many abuse and rape victims don't want help because they think they can deal with what happened to them alone. They almost never can. So should we just let them be and say that it's all on them when they refuse to listen? Really? Or is this stance reserved just for Nick? He is clearly lying that he is getting therapy bacause he would rather forget what happened to him than open that wound again and deal with the horrors. That is also common behaviour among abuse and rape victims. But when it's Nick it's all on him? Nobody should care enough to make sure he really is getting the therapy he says he is getting? Nobody should care enough to be persistent and make him see that he is not OK and that he needs to deal with what happened to him? :shame:
Quote:

In any case, Nick has been shown much concern.
I totally disagree. He has been shown some concern, but not much and not nearly enough.
Great post Ghani.While Days has a tendency to have rape storylines with no lasting after effects,I cannot believe that is the case in real life.All rapes are horrible but those that involve minors or brutality and go on for an extended period of time are the most heartrending in my opinion.I don't feel comfortable juding the victims for whatever coping mechanism they use to get through each day of their life.That is part of the reason I am reluctant to judge Nick harshly.I don't condone his behavior or claim that it is right,I just can't hate the character or write him off as a lost cause.

nananana7

^ yet nobody is addressing that Nick tried to rape Gabi.

Do Will and Sonny even know that happened?
Edited by nananana7, Apr 8 2014, 09:10 PM.

Kaha
Member Avatar

nananana7
Apr 8 2014, 09:09 PM

They do. It was what convinced both Will and Sonny to not say anything about Nick's "death". Sonny brought it up when he had his famous blow up with Gabi...when she slapped him. I think he brought it up again when he was arguing with Gabi about Nick.

Kaha
Member Avatar

BeeBee
Apr 8 2014, 08:48 PM
Angelsmile
Ghani
jam6242
Nick had serious problems in prison and after getting out of prison.Hope,Julie,and Maggie were aware of this but the only concern you actually saw was a conversation or two between Maggie and Nick and Hope and Nick,and Julie and Nick but no one following up on seeing him get help.
Brady has a broken engagement and turns to drink and we have John,Victor,Maggie,Marlena,Roman,and Daniel crawling all over him on a daily basis to get help.The writing makes no sense.BB is as good an actor as EM.Instead of wasting time on Fetch and getting Abe with Maxine,they could have given screen time to Julie,Hope,and Maggie seeing Nick had a problem and attempting to get help.How many people who need psychological counseling realize they need help? I believe Nick's prison experience being held an an abusive enviroment with violent dysfunctional people concentrated in a small space has warped his perspective.Nick probably thinks his behavior is reasonable and likely does not think he needs help,he is just doing what it takes to have his happy life with Gabi.
Nick had obsessive tendencies prior to his prison. That's why he held Melanie against her will. He was obsessed with her the same way he's obsessed with Gabi.

I agree with you that the show did a terrible job at handling the rape issue. They used it as a plot point then immediately went to Nick the smarmy asshole. I think they would've served the show better if they had Nick go through therapy with Marlena and process the rape issue. They could've separated his obsession with Gabi from his experience with rape. Or they could've showed scenes of Nick struggling with it. An experience like that doesn't just go away. We saw Nick for weeks having flashbacks and then he all of a sudden forgot about it as soon as he disclosed it to his family.

sunnyways
Member Avatar

nananana7

both Will and Sonny know what Nick attempted to do to Gabi. Sonny even reminded Gabi of this when she fought with Sonny about her and Nick seeing each other. Gabi seems to have forgotten how frightened she was of Nick in those moments.

eta: oops late to answer....
Edited by sunnyways, Apr 8 2014, 09:40 PM.

WilSonJAb33
Member Avatar

sunnyways
Apr 8 2014, 09:39 PM
nananana7

both Will and Sonny know what Nick attempted to do to Gabi. Sonny even reminded Gabi of this when she fought with Sonny about her and Nick seeing each other. Gabi seems to have forgotten how frightened she was of Nick in those moments.

eta: oops late to answer....
Gabi conveniently forgets I think that gets in her way ... right now for Gabi it about staying out of jail and Nick is pretending as through he forgave her so Gabi is going right along with it because Gabi thinks it benefits her...

Gabi's problem is that Nick is playing her so really she just digger her self into more trouble... and she is letting go of something that should matter in favor of something that could instead potential land her in danger if Nick doesn't like something she does in the future.

But you are right that Will & Sonny do know... Kate told Sonny the full story...Sonny eventually told Will everything including Nick attempt at raping Gabi and how it was prevented.
Edited by WilSonJAb33, Apr 8 2014, 10:01 PM.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply