Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
SOD: Eric tells Nicole he can't marry her
Topic Started: Mar 28 2014, 01:10 AM (6,562 Views)
outrageous
Member Avatar

magicsteacher
Mar 28 2014, 07:33 AM
I truly believe that Tomsell want No Happy Couples on this show. This is ridiculous.
Or viewers. No happy couples or viewers.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Kaha
Member Avatar

I think the reason that Eric and Nicole cannot have a church wedding is because Nicole committed bigamy twice (she married Victor and Lucas while still legally married to someone else), and her marriage to EJ cannot be annulled.

pagraves
Member Avatar

Why couldn't her marriages to EJ be annulled? The first one, she pretended to be pregnant half the time, then stole Sami's baby and passed her off as her own. Plenty of grounds for that one to be annulled. The second one, EJ cheated with Sami, and probably Taylor, though I'm a little foggy on that part. And at some point, did EJ threaten to have her killed? Or was that the first marriage? Either way...

I think a marriage to EJ almost always has grounds for annulment baked into the cake..

throughthehourglass
Member Avatar

If Nicole could marry EJ in a Catholic church (Father Matt even performed the ceremony), I don't see why she can't marry Eric. And the Victor/Lucas marriages didn't seem to stand in the way back then.

Gotta love these contrived rewrites.

nananana7

pagraves
Apr 6 2014, 05:47 AM
I think a marriage to EJ almost always has grounds for annulment baked into the cake..

Agreed!

Edited by nananana7, Apr 6 2014, 09:28 AM.

six
Member Avatar

throughthehourglass
Apr 6 2014, 07:10 AM
If Nicole could marry EJ in a Catholic church (Father Matt even performed the ceremony), I don't see why she can't marry Eric. And the Victor/Lucas marriages didn't seem to stand in the way back then.

Actually, this one might not be that contrived. Since Nicole never got divorced from Trent, she was never actually married to Victor or Lucas. Then, Trent died, so she was free to marry EJ.

pagraves
Member Avatar

So that means the EJ marriages are the only stumbling block.

Kill him off when Sami leaves and they can marry! Problem solved.

throughthehourglass
Member Avatar

six
Apr 6 2014, 11:10 AM
throughthehourglass

Actually, this one might not be that contrived. Since Nicole never got divorced from Trent, she was never actually married to Victor or Lucas. Then, Trent died, so she was free to marry EJ.
Hmm. I didn't realize that. My knowledge about Catholicism is pretty limited.

Shouldn't that affect Sami and EJ too, then? I'm guessing their wedding will be at St. Luke's, unless Days digs out another church set.

Partnersincrime
Member Avatar

throughthehourglass
Apr 6 2014, 01:00 PM
six
throughthehourglass

Shouldn't that affect Sami and EJ too, then? I'm guessing their wedding will be at St. Luke's, unless Days digs out another church set.
it they go Catholic church sami is still married to lucas despite stefano had the marrige annulment so he can force sami to marry ej in Catholic church.the annulment of lucas and sami marrige should invalid becuase the reason for it.
and there talk the wedding of ej and sami will be in garden[just like safe]so no Catholic church wedding

throughthehourglass
Member Avatar

Partnersincrime
Apr 6 2014, 01:08 PM
throughthehourglass
six
throughthehourglass

and there talk the wedding of ej and sami will be in garden[just like safe]so no Catholic church wedding
I usually FF the Ejami scenes, so I completely missed this. Thanks.

Partnersincrime
Member Avatar

throughthehourglass
Apr 6 2014, 01:29 PM
Partnersincrime
Apr 6 2014, 01:08 PM
throughthehourglass
six

Quoting limited to 4 levels deep

I usually FF the Ejami scenes, so I completely missed this. Thanks.
that what recaps for

concerned
Member Avatar

pagraves
Apr 6 2014, 11:19 AM
So that means the EJ marriages are the only stumbling block.

Kill him off when Sami leaves and they can marry! Problem solved.
I can't wait for Sami to leave to get some Eric and Nicole action.

Kill him now.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

concerned
Member Avatar

But the guy who did the Safe wedding had the little scarf thing over his back. He looked like a priest.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JgR4uxYR89c

The officiant/priest mentions "we are gathered here in the presence of god to marry this couple .... and although we are not in the traditional church we are still in the presence of god".

concerned
Member Avatar

six
throughthehourglass

Although it's quite odd the only one they're not talking about is the only one that is an actual impediment.

six
Member Avatar

concerned
Apr 6 2014, 05:06 PM
But the guy who did the Safe wedding had the little scarf thing over his back. He looked like a priest.

The officiant/priest mentions "we are gathered here in the presence of god to marry this couple .... and although we are not in the traditional church we are still in the presence of god".
Sami's always had her marriages annulled (the lumi marriage might not be annulled in the eyes of Salem-Catholic God, but he's not talking, so the priests don't know that). She might not have had the safe marriage annulled, though... Anyone remember?
Edited by six, Apr 6 2014, 05:54 PM.

concerned
Member Avatar

six
Apr 6 2014, 05:53 PM
concerned
Apr 6 2014, 05:06 PM

Sami's always had her marriages annulled (the lumi marriage might not be annulled in the eyes of Salem-Catholic God, but he's not talking, so the priests don't know that). She might not have had the safe marriage annulled, though... Anyone remember?
What possible reason could she have used to get the Safe marriage annulled other than based on the Churches current position on people getting married it should never have happened in the first place?

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply