Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member suffering succotash in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
'American Horror Story: Freak Show' Adds Michael Chiklis; Emma Roberts and Gabourey Sidibe returning
Topic Started: Mar 30 2014, 12:30 AM (1,085 Views)
Rick
Member Avatar
Dreamlander

'American Horror Story: Freak Show' adds Michael Chiklis; Emma Roberts and Gabourey Sidibe returning

Exciting news from the "American Horror Story: Freak Show" panel at Paleyfest 2014. "The Shield" Emmy winner Michael Chiklis is joining the cast for the fourth season of the show.

Creator Ryan Murphy says, "[Michael Chiklis] is playing Evan [Peter's] father and he will be Kathy Bates' ex-husband," which is exciting indeed. Murphy does not specify if Bates is Peters' mother, however.

Chiklis says of his reaction when Murphy pitched the piece to him, "I'm terrified and I'm going to do it."

Murphy also confirms that every person on the panel is coming back in some capacity, which means in addition to the previously-announced Jessica Lange, Angela Basset, Kathy Bates, Evan Peters, Frances Conroy and Sarah Paulson, Season 4 will also feature Denis O'Hare, Gabourey Sidibe, Emma Roberts, Jamie Brewer and Chiklis. Murphy further says that there will be a few faces from Seasons 1 and 2 appearing in Season 4, but he does not reveal who they might be.

Murphy also offers this small tease, "The thing we're working on now is the opposite of what we did last year. It's so incredibly refreshing to reboot it every year."

"American Horror Story: Freak Show" will premiere in fall 2014.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

King
Member Avatar

I am excited for him to join the show. I still think they need to trim the number of episodes. Each season has really gone off the rails about episode 9/10. Do 8 like True Detective!

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
^ My face watching DAYS

NOOOOOOOOOO I can't stand Michael Chiklis...for fuck sakes.
Edited by Mitchapalooza, Mar 31 2014, 12:27 PM.

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
^ My face watching DAYS

So looks like Lily Rabe and Taissa Farmiga will not be back for Season 4....bummer.

lysie

Mitch, have you seen something that explicitly said they wouldn't be there? I think most of the casting news came from PaleyFest. I was there, and they didn't comment on any cast member being involved that wasn't present other than Jessica Lange who was already confirmed. So it's possible that there are more returns that just haven't been announced.

Rick
Member Avatar
Dreamlander

Here's some tidbits...

Rabe has been cast in a leading role on ABC's new show "The Visitors" from Steven Spielberg.

Farmiga starts filming her new movie in April, so she most likely will not be returning unless it's just a couple episodes.

Gabby Sidibe is also in the new FOX pilot "Empire" co-starring alongside Terence Howard.

Chloe Sevigny could also return. "I'm not sure," she tells FearNet. "['American Horror Story' creator] Ryan Murphy teased me, 'Oh, now you're doing this show, you can't do ours.' I guess it depends if we get a second season of ['Those Who Kill'], and what happens with that. I love 'American Horror Story,' and I love this show, so I hope I can do both."

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
^ My face watching DAYS

Rick
Apr 1 2014, 03:24 AM
Here's some tidbits...

Rabe has been cast in a leading role on ABC's new show "The Visitors" from Steven Spielberg.

Farmiga starts filming her new movie in April, so she most likely will not be returning unless it's just a couple episodes.

Gabby Sidibe is also in the new FOX pilot "Empire" co-starring alongside Terence Howard.

Chloe Sevigny could also return. "I'm not sure," she tells FearNet. "['American Horror Story' creator] Ryan Murphy teased me, 'Oh, now you're doing this show, you can't do ours.' I guess it depends if we get a second season of ['Those Who Kill'], and what happens with that. I love 'American Horror Story,' and I love this show, so I hope I can do both."
That really sucks about Lily Rabe...it is highly unlikely she will be coming back due to the other show....its too bad Murphy did not sign her immediately for Season 4.

I can really take it or leave it as far as Taissa Farmiga is concerned....I liked her a lot in Season 1, but Season 3 not as much...that is more to do with the writing than her acting or anything like that.

I would love to see Chloe Sevigny return...she was amazing in Season 2 and its too bad she was cut out of that season so soon.
Edited by Mitchapalooza, Apr 1 2014, 10:19 AM.

King
Member Avatar

I liked Lily Rabe the MOST in Coven than I did for Asylum or Hell House, BUT I really could use a break from her.

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
^ My face watching DAYS

King
Apr 1 2014, 07:05 PM
I liked Lily Rabe the MOST in Coven than I did for Asylum or Hell House, BUT I really could use a break from her.

I liked her the least in Hell House...she was amazing in Asylum!

am103
Member Avatar

I'm interested to see what Michael Chiklis will bring to the show. I haven't really ever seen him in anything other than Fantastic Four, lol. How will he stack up to Kathy Bates?

I'll be incredibly sad if Lily Rabe does not return for Freak Show. She was absolutely amazing in Asylum, and I enjoyed her character in Coven. I will also be bummed if Taissa Farmiga doesn't return. She fits in so well on the show!

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · Primetime News & Spoilers · Next Topic »
Add Reply