Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
GH: April Discussion
Topic Started: Mar 31 2014, 03:04 AM (11,265 Views)
Charmbracelet
Member Avatar

About Robin's exit, in my opinion, I think TPTB are playing off GH history between Anna and Robin and I like it. Here's why.

Anna and Robert abandoned Robin when she was Emma's age to fight crime around the world. Now, Robin, hoped not to follow in parents footsteps, is following in her mother footsteps to save her friend, because she feels dedicated to save him, which I DO NOT fault her for.

Robin was also upset that her parents didn't fulfill their role as parents in her life growing up. This could be future storyline potential for Emma when she's a rebellious teenager or an upset young adult, because Robin wasn't there for Emma in her life, the same way Anna wasn't there for Robin. It also provides problems for Robin's marriage to Patrick (divorce. I love Scrubs, so I hope that doesn't happen.) and their happiness as a family.

I'm pretty sure Robin wants to come home to her family, but it's not an option for her at the moment. I'm heart broken for Robin for being stuck between a rock and a hard place.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

natdot99
Member Avatar

Heart
May 2 2014, 09:53 PM
About Robin's exit, in my opinion, I think TPTB are playing off GH history between Anna and Robin and I like it. Here's why.

Anna and Robert abandoned Robin when she was Emma's age to fight crime around the world. Now, Robin, hoped not to follow in parents footsteps, is following in her mother footsteps to save her friend, because she feels dedicated to save him, which I DO NOT fault her for.

Robin was also upset that her parents didn't fulfill their role as parents in her life growing up. This could be future storyline potential for Emma when she's a rebellious teenager or an upset young adult, because Robin wasn't there for Emma in her life, the same way Anna wasn't there for Robin. It also provides problems for Robin's marriage to Patrick (divorce. I love Scrubs, so I hope that doesn't happen.) and their happiness as a family.

I'm pretty sure Robin wants to come home to her family, but it's not an option for her at the moment. I'm heart broken for Robin for being stuck between a rock and a hard place.

Sorry Robin's excuse to leave her family was just lame/ She spent two years of her life taken by the same people who were parents fought their whole life against to save the Cassadines who are nothing but sociopaths. I would never leave my husband/child to go save a friend who family has mourned and accepted his or her death. Any thing that happens with both Helena/Starvos is all on Robin. I hope she doesn't save Jason just that she come back and tell his family. Sam is Jason wife and she should have made the decision for Jason, not Robin.
Patrick was mad because he lost Robin when she was trying to save Jason and now he in the same position two years ago. Robin is acting like she doesn't care what Patrick/Emma is going through with the baby, all she cares about is Jason.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Snowing Fan
Member Avatar

Like there gonna let Robin leave where she is,unless they recast.
Edited by Snowing Fan, May 3 2014, 06:06 AM.

granolagirl
Member Avatar

natdot99
May 3 2014, 04:08 AM

Patrick was mad because he lost Robin when she was trying to save Jason and now he in the same position two years ago. Robin is acting like she doesn't care what Patrick/Emma is going through with the baby, all she cares about is Jason.
I'm all for the angsty thing, but I hate how the show wants to make it all about Patrick's feelings. He was hurt and missed her, but she was locked up for two years and tortured! The lack of decent POV for Robin is a black mark on the writers.
Edited by granolagirl, May 3 2014, 02:58 PM.

Snowing Fan
Member Avatar

Robin was locked up for two years,you would think she would wanna stay with her family,not run off,Patrick has every right to be angry.
Edited by Snowing Fan, May 3 2014, 04:21 PM.

granolagirl
Member Avatar

Maybe so, but I think it's kind of a controlling attitude to experience from someone who is supposed to love you, after two years of being a prisoner.

And I think Patrick is full of shit after taking a month to choose between her and Sabrina, anyway.

Anon

granolagirl
May 3 2014, 04:51 PM
Maybe so, but I think it's kind of a controlling attitude to experience from someone who is supposed to love you, after two years of being a prisoner.

And I think Patrick is full of shit after taking a month to choose between her and Sabrina, anyway.
I'm with you to a certain extent. According to the writers, Robin is just supposed to completely understand that Patrick replaced her? I get that the mature thing to do is accept the fact that she outright told Patrick to move on if something happened to her and he did, but to come back and see it has got to hurt. And then add a baby on top of it? Robin had no time to deal with her feelings about any of this, and having some resentment would be completely normal. What I don't understand is taking it out on Emma, she should have worked out some sort of visitation with her child.

daysfan2
Member Avatar
Go Away Daniel

so ... I'm confused now - Obrecht is Nathan's and Britt's mother - is Nina Madeline's child? thus making Nina and Nathan cousins and not sister-brother? Did I miss an episode or has this not been explained yet?

Grandpa Hughes
Member Avatar
WANDERING Minstrel!

No you got it right. Madeline is Nina's mother and she raised Nathan buy he is Nina's cousin and not her brother as he believed all of his life.

maconrich
Member Avatar

On the Robin subject wasn't there an article (somewhere) on here (?) where KM said she'd offered to stay a little longer, but was told she wasn't needed? If that was true it's not KM or "Robin's" fault that they didn't tape scenes ahead of time that would have fit with her coming home to be with Patrick and Emma for a little while. Putting that aside though the impressions I got from Friday's episode were that they're paving the road (again) for Patrick and Sabrina; and also that they showed why Sam and Patrick can't be a couple. Patrick was never able to deal with Robin's friendship with Jason or Sonny - as in not from day one; and he'd never accept Sam's past with Jason or Sonny (thus he wouldn't accept her for who she is). He's been written as a loving man, but one who expects everyone to accept his flaws (including screwing around while married). But he's been unwilling to accept what others want or need or even who they are - and that's applied to Robin more than anyone. The show absolutely should have written Robin off in a different way, but I think we'll continue to see the Robin won't come home because of Jason garbage until he's back with Sabrina (or whoever) and very possibly until they recast "Jason."

There are certain characters on soaps where recasting doesn't work and shouldn't be attempted. KM is one example and SB is another. Even though he wasn't around long it was so good to see SK back since he was "AJ" and although he wasn't a major star, the role really was his. KM grew up on the show and Jason pretty much did too. IMHO it would be much better to bring new characters in, or work with who they have, instead of trying to recast either. I've seen a lot of people who identify as Jasam fans demanding their couple - but that couple will never exist again unless SB returns to GH, and he seems happy where he is so I don't see that happening.

The rest of the show: I'm actually liking Ava better and the crypt sex was out there but acceptable - and I think Ava and Sonny could make a decent couple. Dr O is batshit crazy - I like her and wonder if the Cassadine connection will become a reality (as in Victor being Nathan's father). Still love almost any scenes with Alexis and/or Dianne. Totally adore Sam and Silas and have been watching Port Charles, and it's pretty clear now why these two actors caught my attention enough to keep me watching (mega chemistry). Donna Mills... I really wish I could focus on anything but her dysfunctional mouth, but I can't. So sad that such a beautiful woman felt the need to go to such extremes.
Edited by Miss Rhi, May 4 2014, 05:07 PM.

Kevin_Buchanan
Member Avatar

DrewHamilton
Apr 22 2014, 09:41 AM
Sonny_BrendaFan
Apr 21 2014, 10:58 PM
How did AJ die? I haven't watched since December
Sonny shot him right before AJ could reveal it was Ava who killed Connie. Having an aneurism while recovering from the gunshot, AJ required surgery afterwards, but it was life threatening surgery. Michael chose to go along with the surgery anyway. The surgery was unsuccessful and AJ died.
You left out that AJ was strangling Ava at the time. This caused Sonny to flashback when AJ almost strangled Connie.

Kevin_Buchanan
Member Avatar

CJ127
Apr 23 2014, 10:13 PM
Sonny_BrendaFan
How did AJ die? I haven't watched since December Lol. Don't seem like I missed anything good. So over Liz and her lame ass love life.
Sonny shot him in cold blood.
No he didn't, he shot him in defending Ava. Did you forget that AJ was strangling her to death!?

natdot99
Member Avatar

Kevin_Buchanan
May 4 2014, 02:08 PM
CJ127
Apr 23 2014, 10:13 PM
Sonny_BrendaFan
How did AJ die? I haven't watched since December Lol. Don't seem like I missed anything good. So over Liz and her lame ass love life.
Sonny shot him in cold blood.
No he didn't, he shot him in defending Ava. Did you forget that AJ was strangling her to death!?

No, AJ was shot by Sonny after he told him to get away from Ava. All Sonny could have done was tell AJ to leave the apartment, instead he shot AJ in cold blood. Then Ava/Sonny refused to 911 and left her apartment.

Grandpa Hughes
Member Avatar
WANDERING Minstrel!

Sonny himself said that he didn't shoot AJ to defend Ava. He had already turned Ava loose and was facing Sonny when he was, indeed, shot in cold blood.

Tammy
Member Avatar

Sonny told AJ to let Ava go, he released her, and THEN Sonny shot him!

2 users reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · GH: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply