Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Locked Topic
GH: April Discussion
Topic Started: Mar 31 2014, 03:04 AM (12,135 Views)
Grandpa Hughes
Member Avatar
"Dedicated to the brotherhood of healing. "

I'm disappointed that they killed AJ off. Again
Offline Profile Goto Top

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

I really enjoyed today's anniversary episode. I thought the writers did a fine job showcasing history. Of course it's not going to be like the 50th anniversary. We're passed that milestone and climbing towards the next. The fact that they honored the anniversary at all makes me appreciate the writers.

Loved the beginning with all of the doctors and nurses being paged over the hospital's loud speaker.

Like them or not, Sonny and Carly are an important part of GH's 51 years. I had no idea Brown and Braun were coming back for this "Carly-palooza," so that was a nice surprise to see them show up for Sonny and Carly's trip down memory lane. Even though Wright and Bernard have zero romantic chemistry, I do think they have good chemistry and play the current Sonny/Carly dynamic very well. Two people forever bonded over their kids.

It does suck that we're losing AJ (another Quartermaine). It was such a special decision to bring the character back with Kanan in the role a year and a half ago. It really felt like the Quartermaines were being focused on again. Losing AJ is going a step in the wrong direction. Sure, as Emily and AJ pointed out, the Quartermaines are growing with Michael and Danny leading the next generation. And I hope their Quartermaine genes are showcased moving foward, especially once Michael finds out Sonny was responsible for AJ's death.

I definitely got teary-eyed when AJ came face to face with Lila, Edward and Alan and they, along with Emily, led him up the hospital stairs to heaven.

I have never understood the Natalia Livingston hate and I don't think I ever will. There are a ton of worst actresses in daytime. I don't think she's the worst, as most seem to.

I wonder if that little blurb about Felicia running for mayor will turn into something later on. I hope so. More Mac and Felicia please!

It was also great seeing Lucy, Kevin, Scott and Bobbie showcased today as well. I'm quite surprised Luke and Tracy weren't involved in the anniversary episode. I think including them would have made it complete on which characters should've been present for the anniversary episode.
Offline Profile Goto Top

CJ127

JDeveraux_91
Mar 31 2014, 04:59 PM
SCREW YOU RC! :flipoff: Monica loses everyone but Sonny gets to keep everyone, including the child he stole from another man? Such bullshit. :flipoff: :flipoff: :flipoff:
ITA. That is what is wrong with this show good characters are sacrificed for RC pets like Sonny. RC actually tweeted that he need to protect Sonny. Gag me. I loved SK as AJ and they wasted the opportunity to redeem him. The AJ/Monica scenes were great today. I am soooo pissed at GH today.
Offline Profile Goto Top

CJ127

Grandpa Hughes
Apr 1 2014, 08:28 PM
I'm disappointed that they killed AJ off. Again
Me too and I will be VERY disappointed if Sonny gets away with it. I was glad Carly did not agree to keep it a secret yet. I hope she does the right thing.

That Carlypooluza was just about Sonny manipulating Carly.
Offline Profile Goto Top

CJ127

six
Apr 1 2014, 03:42 PM
Did anyone else get the feeling the episode was a goodbye to Sonny?

Even though I saw AJ going into the light, part of me is still holding out for a twist. I need someone to yell April Fool's and say GH wouldn't really celebrate an anniversary by killing off a member of its most important family, because no show would be that tacky.
OMG I hope so.
Offline Profile Goto Top

3WishGenie
Member Avatar

I wish they would bring back some of the other young Quartermaines like Dillon and Brooke Lynn. Then they would really have a new generation Quartermaine family. Michael barely considers himself a Quartermaine and Danny is still a baby who spends no time with Monica. At least we have Ned to look forward to but who knows how long he'll be around...
Offline Profile Goto Top

CJ127

Looks like Britt, Sonny and Ava will not pay for their crimes. I get you can't send them to jail but they need to pay in some form in order to redeem them. No consequences for their actions just makes my hate for the characters go through the roof.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Snowing Fan
Member Avatar

Dr.O is nuts and stealing a couples eggs and putting them into you and it NOT being considered a crime is so ridiculous.IMO the second Ben was born and she did not give him to his real parents,to me it's kidnapping.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Anon

Well I read some rumors that Sonny will eventually go to jail for killing AJ because MB wants some time off, probably about 6 months. After that (if it's true) we'll probably find out that Ava actually got into AJ's room again and slipped him something to finish him off (thereby clearing Sonny of the murder and redeeming him for Michael), and Sonny will cut a deal for information to get him out for the shooting. Got to protect St. Sonny. :rolleyes:
Edited by Anon, Apr 2 2014, 05:29 PM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Snowing Fan
Member Avatar

Is it just me or does Sam wear the white tshirt a lot?

Carly,just let Sonny fall on his ass for once.
Offline Profile Goto Top

The Room Stops
Member Avatar

lovinsafe
Apr 1 2014, 02:29 PM
I will say that GH knows how to celebrate an anniversary 51 years excellent show today. It was fun seeing some of the characters that have left the show again. Tamara Braun and Natalia Livingston there acting was so much better on GH then when they were on DAYS. Unbelievable! And the end of the show was a tear-jerker, I love the staircase into the light that GH does so well. An amazing show!
Oh TB was awful on DAYS, just awful... I didn't like her Carly at all, but with those nicely subdued scenes, I didn't hate her.
Offline Profile Goto Top

The Room Stops
Member Avatar

Have to give Maurice credit for the anniversary episode though, he was truly excellent.
Offline Profile Goto Top

EJamandBread
Member Avatar

I was a huge fan of the Carly-palooza. That was so great, and I loved that you could feel the different vibes MB has with each actress. Even looking like she's had one too many Botex injections, I still felt that pull between MB and SB and it's fun to imagine how different the Sonny/Carly story would be if she had stayed.

Still, though, LW is my favorite.

I thought it was a solid episode.

I'm bummed too that the show never utilized AJ, but since they didn't, I'm OK with his death, especially since his murder will drive a lot of soap moving forward.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Miss Rhi
Member Avatar
"If Sami can't find happiness with a Martian, then she can't find happiness with anyone."

I'm seriously wondering if I want to keep watching. I'm finally caught up and seeing AJ go made me so sad and I had started watching regularly a couple years ago because it was finally not all about Sonny and the mob but it feels like it's heading in that direction again. I feel torn.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Anon

Miss Rhi
Apr 4 2014, 01:54 AM
I'm seriously wondering if I want to keep watching. I'm finally caught up and seeing AJ go made me so sad and I had started watching regularly a couple years ago because it was finally not all about Sonny and the mob but it feels like it's heading in that direction again. I feel torn.
I feel the same, but that's what the FFW button is for IMO. I've been watching for too long to give up on it completely, but I have to say I do skim more than watch these days.
Offline Profile Goto Top

natdot99
Member Avatar

I loved it when Britt put Nik in place about his family.
Dante and Nik now belong to the biggest hypocrite in PC family.
Offline Profile Goto Top

gtj16

natdot99
Apr 4 2014, 06:47 AM
When did she put him in place at all, Britt does not have a leg to stand on when it comes to moral authority. As far as Dante and Nik being hypocrite's it is a soap opera everyone is a hypocrite.
Offline Profile Goto Top

natdot99
Member Avatar

gtj16
Apr 4 2014, 10:16 AM
natdot99
Apr 4 2014, 06:47 AM
When did she put him in place at all, Britt does not have a leg to stand on when it comes to moral authority. As far as Dante and Nik being hypocrite's it is a soap opera everyone is a hypocrite.

Yes she did because she knows all about the Cassadines and Corinthos families crimes. Their families members skated from all their crimes and they had no right to be shocked by the judge decision to let her go.
Dante let Sonny go when he found him with a gun pointed to AJ head and supported his father as being raised by Sonny. The Cassadines were terrorists who tried to destroy the world population and Nik has no right to sit in judgment.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Snowing Fan
Member Avatar

Drives me nuts how the Britches mother says "Mother".
Offline Profile Goto Top

Snowing Fan
Member Avatar

Britt,you DON'T have a son,yes you gave birth to him,but you were a surrogate,nothing more,you only kept him with the intent of never giving him to his rightful parents.I just wanna jump through the tv and choke her.
Offline Profile Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · GH: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Locked Topic