Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member suffering succotash in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Locked Topic
GH: April Discussion
Topic Started: Mar 31 2014, 03:04 AM (16,272 Views)
DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

I really enjoyed today's anniversary episode. I thought the writers did a fine job showcasing history. Of course it's not going to be like the 50th anniversary. We're passed that milestone and climbing towards the next. The fact that they honored the anniversary at all makes me appreciate the writers.

Loved the beginning with all of the doctors and nurses being paged over the hospital's loud speaker.

Like them or not, Sonny and Carly are an important part of GH's 51 years. I had no idea Brown and Braun were coming back for this "Carly-palooza," so that was a nice surprise to see them show up for Sonny and Carly's trip down memory lane. Even though Wright and Bernard have zero romantic chemistry, I do think they have good chemistry and play the current Sonny/Carly dynamic very well. Two people forever bonded over their kids.

It does suck that we're losing AJ (another Quartermaine). It was such a special decision to bring the character back with Kanan in the role a year and a half ago. It really felt like the Quartermaines were being focused on again. Losing AJ is going a step in the wrong direction. Sure, as Emily and AJ pointed out, the Quartermaines are growing with Michael and Danny leading the next generation. And I hope their Quartermaine genes are showcased moving foward, especially once Michael finds out Sonny was responsible for AJ's death.

I definitely got teary-eyed when AJ came face to face with Lila, Edward and Alan and they, along with Emily, led him up the hospital stairs to heaven.

I have never understood the Natalia Livingston hate and I don't think I ever will. There are a ton of worst actresses in daytime. I don't think she's the worst, as most seem to.

I wonder if that little blurb about Felicia running for mayor will turn into something later on. I hope so. More Mac and Felicia please!

It was also great seeing Lucy, Kevin, Scott and Bobbie showcased today as well. I'm quite surprised Luke and Tracy weren't involved in the anniversary episode. I think including them would have made it complete on which characters should've been present for the anniversary episode.
Offline Profile Goto Top

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

Aw, I love Spencer! You can tell the writers and the actor are having such fun with the character.
Offline Profile Goto Top

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

jmnmf
Apr 20 2014, 03:39 AM
Can someone explain to me why Spencer keeps calling him "uncle" Luke?
I kind of questioned that as well. I guess Luke wouldn't really be "Grandpa" either. I guess it's just one of those instances where the parent has the child refer to a man close to the family as "uncle."
Edited by DrewHamilton, Apr 20 2014, 01:33 PM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

Sonny_BrendaFan
Apr 21 2014, 10:58 PM
How did AJ die? I haven't watched since December
Sonny shot him right before AJ could reveal it was Ava who killed Connie. Having an aneurism while recovering from the gunshot, AJ required surgery afterwards, but it was life threatening surgery. Michael chose to go along with the surgery anyway. The surgery was unsuccessful and AJ died.
Offline Profile Goto Top

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

Tammy
Apr 27 2014, 02:51 PM
I wonder if they will try pairing Morgan and Britt since they are a real life couple? lol
I did hear they were going to go there with them. This was a rumor I heard a couple months back though.

As for the show, overall, I'm enjoying it, LOL. The sex scenes at the Q crypt were a bit over the top, but it was one of those instances where I wasn't exactly angry they did it. I was shocked as hell, and quite entertained that they had the balls to do that. LOL!
Offline Profile Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · GH: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Locked Topic