Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Locked Topic
GH: April Discussion
Topic Started: Mar 31 2014, 03:04 AM (15,918 Views)
maconrich
Member Avatar

Interesting comments and perspectives. I stopped watching both Days and GH close to 3 years ago, then a little over a month ago I watched both. Days is still a no go for me, but GH caught my attention enough to watch it daily again. It was specifically scenes with Sam and Silas that got me back to watching (plus catching up via youtube and purchased cds). I miss Jason, but his very real threat of killing Sam made me like them a lot less as a couple - plus I love the chemistry between KeMo and Michael Easton a whole lot more. Franco was one of the reasons I tuned out, but the brain tumor deal worked ok for me, and I don't mind watching him. The only part of the show that doesn't feel right is whatever's going on with Luke (has me really, really not liking him). Actually having a hard time watching Donna Mills - sad to see so much work done that she can't pronounce a lot of words anymore :facepalm:
Edited by maconrich, Apr 8 2014, 12:54 AM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

maconrich
Member Avatar

Grandpa Hughes
Apr 8 2014, 01:39 AM
I didn't notice anything drastic about Donna's face. I saw her on COLD CASE a few years ago and she looked amazing. She looks the same to me now. Im not naive enough to think that she hasn't had SOMETHING done but she doesn't look freakish to me. And I thought she was great in this role. Im only sorry that it looks like she'll be one of the very few murderers on the show to pay for her crimes and be shipped off. At least Im assuming that it's going to go in this direction.
She's stunning for sure! But the problem seems to be tied to her mouth - which is also beautiful. Never noticed her in the past keeping her lips so compressed or not being able to articulate a word correctly though. I love her in the role, but I focus on her eyes now instead of her mouth. I do hope she'll stick around. I'm sure GH is paying her a small fortune (or maybe not)
, but it's a good character played by a great actress. And I'd rather her stay on instead of Ava, but not sure it's an either or situation...
Edited by maconrich, Apr 8 2014, 04:42 AM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

maconrich
Member Avatar

totally agree on the surgery. And for sure on watching Madeline and Ava have it out. (edited due to the Duh! factor) :embarrassed:
Edited by maconrich, Apr 10 2014, 12:47 AM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

maconrich
Member Avatar

Ick to Levi and for being long lost coma baby. A little of him goes a very long way.
Dr O reminds me of Stefano DiMera (back in the day); so I do like her.
Why the ongoing statements that Jason isn't coming back? Combined with Robin confirming he was in ice, I'm really afraid GH is planning on re-casting the character. imho an actor that's been on a show that long - and often front center - can't be replaced. If GH wanted to keep Jason they should have convinced SB to stay...
Liz and Ric are clicking for me this time around. Plus they both like to screw with other peoples lives, so they could plan their schemes together.
Edited by maconrich, Apr 12 2014, 04:12 AM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

maconrich
Member Avatar

wow on levi. way too much focus on him = migraine or smash the tv time. i know a lot of people that believe like he seems to, but i sure as hell have never met anyone that goes on and on like they're having him do. glad Nathan was told the truth, and Michael going off on Anna was justified. if Dr O and Madeline get their charges dropped, they're not any better than Sonny (although I actually like Sonny). Then again a lot of people get arrested for various reasons and let go, so guess it's more of a GH / soap thing...
Edited by maconrich, Apr 15 2014, 01:45 AM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

maconrich
Member Avatar

On the Robin subject wasn't there an article (somewhere) on here (?) where KM said she'd offered to stay a little longer, but was told she wasn't needed? If that was true it's not KM or "Robin's" fault that they didn't tape scenes ahead of time that would have fit with her coming home to be with Patrick and Emma for a little while. Putting that aside though the impressions I got from Friday's episode were that they're paving the road (again) for Patrick and Sabrina; and also that they showed why Sam and Patrick can't be a couple. Patrick was never able to deal with Robin's friendship with Jason or Sonny - as in not from day one; and he'd never accept Sam's past with Jason or Sonny (thus he wouldn't accept her for who she is). He's been written as a loving man, but one who expects everyone to accept his flaws (including screwing around while married). But he's been unwilling to accept what others want or need or even who they are - and that's applied to Robin more than anyone. The show absolutely should have written Robin off in a different way, but I think we'll continue to see the Robin won't come home because of Jason garbage until he's back with Sabrina (or whoever) and very possibly until they recast "Jason."

There are certain characters on soaps where recasting doesn't work and shouldn't be attempted. KM is one example and SB is another. Even though he wasn't around long it was so good to see SK back since he was "AJ" and although he wasn't a major star, the role really was his. KM grew up on the show and Jason pretty much did too. IMHO it would be much better to bring new characters in, or work with who they have, instead of trying to recast either. I've seen a lot of people who identify as Jasam fans demanding their couple - but that couple will never exist again unless SB returns to GH, and he seems happy where he is so I don't see that happening.

The rest of the show: I'm actually liking Ava better and the crypt sex was out there but acceptable - and I think Ava and Sonny could make a decent couple. Dr O is batshit crazy - I like her and wonder if the Cassadine connection will become a reality (as in Victor being Nathan's father). Still love almost any scenes with Alexis and/or Dianne. Totally adore Sam and Silas and have been watching Port Charles, and it's pretty clear now why these two actors caught my attention enough to keep me watching (mega chemistry). Donna Mills... I really wish I could focus on anything but her dysfunctional mouth, but I can't. So sad that such a beautiful woman felt the need to go to such extremes.
Edited by Miss Rhi, May 4 2014, 05:07 PM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · GH: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Locked Topic