Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Y&R: April Discussion
Topic Started: Mar 31 2014, 03:22 AM (7,868 Views)
BlissfulLily
Member Avatar

Bet they did too, had a hard time filming that without busting up
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

shark
Member Avatar

Bet those slug fests between the women are a hoot to film too.

nananana7

Question:

The recaps persons at soaps.sheknows -- all say directly that Adam is ordering the lackey to tell Victor about the dental records. The recappers say that Adam is learning about his supposed death. Etc Etc.

But I haven't seen Adam on my screen. But then again, I watch only sporadically, so maybe I missed something?

I know they only show the back of the person or the arm of the person, but never his face.

Has this mystery person ever actually said anything that the writers clearly want us viewers to hear -- indicating that he really is Adam?

I didn't see anything like that. All I saw was someone orchestrating events so that everyone would think Adam is dead. But that "someone" could be anyone who has the money to pay for it.

Did he say anything that shows he really is Adam? Or could it be someone else?

I'm wondering if Billy is paying for all this. Billy wants everyone to think that Adam died, so that they'll stop looking for Adam.

Not a spoiler, so I'm posting this in the non-spoiler discussion area. Just asking for what you've seen, and what you speculate.
Edited by nananana7, Apr 10 2014, 06:06 PM.

shark
Member Avatar

Wish that man would put that paper down and have camera pan up !!!!! I can't stand it ! LOL

3WishGenie
Member Avatar

The man who paid off Victor's lackey is Adam. They showed him (his hand with the wedding ring) reading the paper with Chelsea's photo and he is sitting in what looks like the same room where he paid off the PI. They won't show his face since they haven't hired the actor yet but if he's hiding in a dark bedroom, he's possibly had plastic surgery post explosion and is recovering to reappear in GC once his face has fully healed.
Edited by 3WishGenie, Apr 11 2014, 03:29 PM.

nananana7

3WishGenie
Apr 11 2014, 03:27 PM
The man who paid off Victor's lackey is Adam. They showed him (his hand with the wedding ring) reading the paper with Chelsea's photo and he is sitting in what looks like the same room where he paid off the PI. They won't show his face since they haven't hired the actor yet but if he's hiding in a dark bedroom, he's possibly had plastic surgery post explosion and is recovering to reappear in GC once his face has fully healed.

Thank you for replying!

Yes of course I knew ... that if it was Adam, they wouldn't show a face, due to there being no actor for the role yet!

But I wanted to know if there were sounds or perhaps specific visual clues -- that would make it CLEAR that it's Adam who is orchestrating this.

I saw the wedding ring -- but all that told me was that the man in the chair is married, but could be *anyone* who is married.

Unless it was already established that Adam had a unique, unusual, easily recognizable wedding ring -- it proves nothing to me.

So he was "reading the paper with Chelsea's photo". But again that could be anyone interested in Adam's case -- reading about it in the newspaper, making sure that his plan is succeeding.

*** Speculation: ***
I was thinking that the show is trying to get us to *assume* the man in the chair is Adam -- but then eventually we find out that it's some character who wants everyone to think Adam is dead. And then it would be eventually revealed whoever that is, so then we conclude that Adam is really DEAD after all.

And later on, after we're convinced he's really dead ... perhaps many months later ... we finally learn that Adam really is ALIVE but has been in hiding while healing from his burns and plastic surgery and that he is amnesiac.
*** End Speculation. ***

Maybe my speculation is too complicated, but that is what I was guessing. This scenario would give the show more time to find the right actor for Adam.

Sammie Jo
Member Avatar

nananana7
Apr 10 2014, 06:05 PM
Question:

The recaps persons at soaps.sheknows -- all say directly that Adam is ordering the lackey to tell Victor about the dental records. The recappers say that Adam is learning about his supposed death. Etc Etc.

But I haven't seen Adam on my screen. But then again, I watch only sporadically, so maybe I missed something?

I know they only show the back of the person or the arm of the person, but never his face.

Has this mystery person ever actually said anything that the writers clearly want us viewers to hear -- indicating that he really is Adam?

I didn't see anything like that. All I saw was someone orchestrating events so that everyone would think Adam is dead. But that "someone" could be anyone who has the money to pay for it.

Did he say anything that shows he really is Adam? Or could it be someone else?

I'm wondering if Billy is paying for all this. Billy wants everyone to think that Adam died, so that they'll stop looking for Adam.

Not a spoiler, so I'm posting this in the non-spoiler discussion area. Just asking for what you've seen, and what you speculate.
They keep showing the wedding ring Adam had.
I don't think billy has anything to do with it, it's supposed to be adam and the only reason they're only showing his back or his hand is because they haven't recast him yet.

Code:

Unless it was already established that Adam had a unique, unusual, easily recognizable wedding ring -- it proves nothing to me.

If I remember correctly Adam does have a ring with something different on it.
Edited by Sammie Jo, Apr 11 2014, 05:41 PM.

3WishGenie
Member Avatar

Adam's ring has a bunch of lines striped along it.

nananana7

nananana7
Apr 10 2014, 06:05 PM

Sammie Jo
Apr 11 2014, 05:39 PM
If I remember correctly Adam does have a ring with something different on it.
3WishGenie
Apr 11 2014, 05:47 PM
Adam's ring has a bunch of lines striped along it.

Thanks 3Wish and Sammie! I had never noticed his ring. The feed of the show that I watch is usually rather fuzzy, so it's hard for me to see details. I was hoping someone out there knew about his ring, and you both knew! Thank you. So now we know it's really Adam.

BlissfulLily
Member Avatar

Yup and they have to make damn sure it's someone that's going to pass muster with 3/4 of the audience. Some will never accept a NuAdam, but if they aren't watching like they said they weren't going to do, they won't know ;) :mutley:

Sammie Jo
Member Avatar

BlissfulLily
Apr 11 2014, 06:35 PM
Yup and they have to make damn sure it's someone that's going to pass muster with 3/4 of the audience. Some will never accept a NuAdam, but if they aren't watching like they said they weren't going to do, they won't know ;) :mutley:
Good point, although, as rabid as some of them are, they will watch just so they can go all over the net wailing about how horrible the new guy is, even if he's a 3 time Oscar winner. lol

shark
Member Avatar

This is a good reminder:

"The DR was started as a board with the philosophy that everyone could have their own opinion, disagree and still get along when it came to furthering discussion. Snark about shows, characters and actors will always be fine while hurtful snark or just plain nastiness towards another member will never be."

daysfan2
Member Avatar
Go Away Daniel

Fake Cassie is such a stupid storyline. She needs to leave town and take a few others with her like new Billy, Leslie, Devon, Tyler and Abby.

shark
Member Avatar

Thank God somebody is getting ready to spot her I've said all along she couldn't hang around the town going to Newman, go to the hospital, etc and not be seen. Bunch of crap. Where is she living? is she shopping for food? on and on like that. Being she's young and has a criminal history she's probably not content to sit home every night and watch History channel.

daysfan2
Member Avatar
Go Away Daniel

shark
Apr 13 2014, 07:53 AM
Thank God somebody is getting ready to spot her I've said all along she couldn't hang around the town going to Newman, go to the hospital, etc and not be seen.
I know and I hope after she is seen and it is discovered she is "fake Cassie" she leaves town and they don't try to integrate her into Genoa City and give her a storyline. That would be weird.

Sammie Jo
Member Avatar

daysfan2
Apr 12 2014, 10:48 PM
Fake Cassie is such a stupid storyline. She needs to leave town and take a few others with her like new Billy, Leslie, Devon, Tyler and Abby.
That works for me!

shark
Member Avatar

I'm hunkering down for the Thurs. show when Ian & Victor lock horns. Pulling the plug on phone that day if your calling me to tell me your dying hold off for an hr. LOL
Edited by shark, Apr 15 2014, 09:08 AM.

BlissfulLily
Member Avatar

So many "thank Gods!!"
First off... thank you for the like and dislike button's back!

Sammie Jo
Member Avatar

BlissfulLily
Apr 13 2014, 06:48 PM
So many "thank Gods!!"
First off... thank you for the like and dislike button's back!
absolutely thank you for the buttons back! :hail:

3WishGenie
Member Avatar

So they are hiring 2 new doctors to GC/GH. Meanwhile, where is the business intrigue? You've got a bunch of moguls/billionaires with nothing to do professionally! :soapbox:

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Y&R & B&B: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply