Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Jason47's Weekly Thread: Week of 3/31-4/4; 4/2 UPDATE: Peggy McCay's career milestone in July!
Topic Started: Mar 31 2014, 02:26 PM (3,658 Views)
Jason47
Member Avatar

"DAYS" LEGEND PEGGY McCAY SET TO REACH MAJOR MILESTONE...THIS JULY WILL BE HER 65TH ANNIVERSARY AS A PROFESSIONAL ACTRESS!

Posted Image

Peggy McCay (Caroline) graduated from college in June 1949 and immediately booked her first professional role: an episode of "Kraft Television Theatre" which aired on July 13, 1949. Her first soap role was on "Love of Life" in 1951. She has appeared in countless plays, movies and television shows over the past seven decades, and made her first appearance as Caroline Brady on "Days" 31 years ago, in 1983. McCay has won a primetime Emmy, and last year was nominated for lead actress at the Daytime Emmys, thanks to her portrayal of Caroline having to deal with the on-set of Alzheimer's. On tomorrow's episode of "Days", she will deliver a speech at Will and Sonny's wedding. Congrats, Peggy, on your 65th anniversary in the business!!

Here's a video Peggy and Mary Beth Evans did to help create continued awareness in the fight against Alzheimer's disease...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gPoqmG0ng2w

RECURRING CHARACTER SET TO WRAP STINT ON "DAYS"...

One of the recurring characters on "Days of Our Lives" is set to wrap their stint, and their last episode will air in the next few weeks. This is the first April exit I alluded to earlier in March. Who is the he or she that is leaving?? Find out soon...

TERI ANDREZ & JUSTIN CHU CARY REPRISE ROLES FOR BACHELOR PARTY

Posted Image

Teri Andrez (Robyn), who is also Brendan Coughlin (Tad)'s real-life girlfriend, and Justin Chu Cary (Karim) reprised their roles today at Will and Sonny's bachelor party.

Principal Guest Stars: Week of Monday 3/31/14-Friday 4/4/14

Posted Image

John Aniston - Victor Kiriakis
Mary Beth Evans - Kayla Brady
Judi Evans - Adrienne Kiriakis
Wally Kurth - Justin Kiriakis
Bryan Dattilo - Lucas Horton
Lauren Boles - Ciara Brady
Aloma Wright - Maxine Landis
Brendan Coughlin - Tad Stevens
Mark Collier - Liam Frazer
Teri Andrez - Robyn
Mindy Robinson - The Stripper (new)
Blake Adams - Carmel (new)
Tim Snay - Herbert Brandt (new)
Edited by Jason47, Apr 3 2014, 03:17 AM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Days Pretender
Member Avatar

Hey Jason... I noticed also a very blonde show everything lap dance one groom, and then try to do the same for the other groom. They did have her confused as to who was getting married did they not? Who was the very blonde, blonde.......?

Thanks Jason :x
Edited by Days Pretender, Apr 7 2014, 11:39 AM.

Jason47
Member Avatar

Days Pretender
Mar 31 2014, 04:11 PM
Hey Jason... I noticed also a very blonde show everything lap dance one groom, and then try to do the same for the other groom. They did have her confused as to who was getting married did they not? Who was the very blonde, blonde.......?
Mindy Robinson played the stripper.

Yoryla
Member Avatar

Reprised? Lol, okay. Who are these people? I don't remember them at all :D
Edited by Yoryla, Mar 31 2014, 05:21 PM.

WilSonJAb33
Member Avatar

Yoryla
Mar 31 2014, 05:21 PM
Karim the character I believe was one of Sonny's friend that Will meet quiet some time back when Sonny was working on opening Common Grounds and I believe the scenes took place even before Will came to terms with the fact he was gay because I am pretty sure that CG had not even opened at that time yet.

The family character was seen as Tad, quiet so to speak date Robyn (Hot little mime) I believe T called her at the time at the opening of Club TBD. The actress is the actors who plays "t" real life girlfriend.
Edited by WilSonJAb33, Mar 31 2014, 05:43 PM.

DiMeraFan67
Member Avatar

"Tad's" real life gf is great! I haven't seen today's air show, but I do remember her original appearance and I loved it, lol. Thought they had serious chemistry so I can see how they ended up together if they actually met on set.
Edited by DiMeraFan67, Mar 31 2014, 09:13 PM.

Will&Sonny

WilSonJAb33
Mar 31 2014, 05:42 PM
Yoryla
Karim the character I believe was one of Sonny's friend that Will meet quiet some time back when Sonny was working on opening Common Grounds and I believe the scenes took place even before Will came to terms with the fact he was gay because I am pretty sure that CG had not even opened at that time yet.
Correct. Kareem (and Dustin, who may or may not have been the other friend who was at the bachelor party -- that friend was never named on Monday's episode [neither was Kareem, for that matter], and if it was indeed intended to be Dustin, a different actor is now playing the role, but since Kareem and Dustin were introduced together [they were not actually together, though -- at that time, at least -- because Sonny had gone out with Dustin once already by the time that the character was introduced, and he was thinking of asking Dustin out again], it's reasonable to assume that the unnamed character in Monday's episode was meant to be Dustin) was introduced in the January 23rd, 2012 episode -- the one where Will memorably went back to Rafe and Sami's apartment and spat at his reflection in the mirror after Dustin and Kareem assumed that Will was gay during their initial meeting.

(EDIT: Or Karim -- I see that there are plenty of things online that reference the "-im" spelling [and regardless, I trust Jason to be right anyway], but I've just always spelled it "Kareem", so that's what I'm used to. And I could have sworn that it was spelled that way in the closed captioning during his initial stint on the show, but I could be wrong. Either way, you get the gist. [And yeah, I could just edit the above spellings, but I like the "-eem" spelling better, just like I like "Mary Beth" better than "Marybeth", so I'll leave it alone. Small victories. :lol: ])
Edited by Will&Sonny, Apr 1 2014, 01:28 AM.

WilSonJAb33
Member Avatar

Will&Sonny
Apr 1 2014, 01:21 AM
WilSonJAb33
Yoryla
Correct. Kareem (and Dustin, who may or may not have been the other friend who was at the bachelor party -- that friend was never named on Monday's episode [neither was Kareem, for that matter], and if it was indeed intended to be Dustin, a different actor is now playing the role, but since Kareem and Dustin were introduced together [they were not actually together, though -- at that time, at least -- because Sonny had gone out with Dustin once already by the time that the character was introduced, and he was thinking of asking Dustin out again], it's reasonable to assume that the unnamed character in Monday's episode was meant to be Dustin) was introduced in the January 23rd, 2012 episode -- the one where Will memorably went back to Rafe and Sami's apartment and spat at his reflection in the mirror after Dustin and Kareem assumed that Will was gay during their initial meeting.

(EDIT: Or Karim -- I've just always spelled it "Kareem", and I could have sworn that it was spelled that way in the closed captioning during his initial stint on the show, but I could be wrong. Either way, you get the gist.)
Double post look below.
Edited by WilSonJAb33, Apr 1 2014, 01:30 AM.

WilSonJAb33
Member Avatar

Will&Sonny
WilSonJAb33
Yoryla
Correct. Kareem (and Dustin, who may or may not have been the other friend who was at the bachelor party -- that friend was never named on Monday's episode [neither was Kareem, for that matter], and if it was indeed intended to be Dustin, a different actor is now playing the role, but since Kareem and Dustin were introduced together [they were not actually together, though -- at that time, at least -- because Sonny had gone out with Dustin once already by the time that the character was introduced, and he was thinking of asking Dustin out again], it's reasonable to assume that the unnamed character in Monday's episode was meant to be Dustin) was introduced in the January 23rd, 2012 episode -- the one where Will memorably went back to Rafe and Sami's apartment and spat at his reflection in the mirror after Dustin and Kareem assumed that Will was gay during their initial meeting. <br /><br />(EDIT: Or Karim -- I've just always spelled it "Kareem", and I could have sworn that it was spelled that way in the closed captioning during his initial stint on the show, but I could be wrong. Either way, you get the gist.)
I would have to think that the guy was either Dustin or a recast possible of Neil who Will went out on a couple of dates with ( that actor was originally blond) but again like Dustin.... even if Neil it would be a re-cast as well but those are the two likely people from the past as two who stood next to Karim Due to the fact both the original actors were blond. I however wasn't surprised that Brian wasn't around it actual made sense that he wasn't since no mention of his came after the basketball game day episode on 2013 where Will stood up to Brian and Sonny back up what Will said in a sense about Brain's inability to take hints.
Edited by WilSonJAb33, Apr 1 2014, 01:29 AM.

Yoryla
Member Avatar

Ok, thanks. I remembered the name "Kareem", but not what he looked like.

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

Yeah, Karim was on in 2012 during Will's coming out story. He was one of Sonny's gay friends.

Jason47
Member Avatar

Will&Sonny
(EDIT: Or Karim -- I see that there are plenty of things online that reference the "-im" spelling [and regardless, I trust Jason to be right anyway], but I've just always spelled it "Kareem", so that's what I'm used to. And I could have sworn that it was spelled that way in the closed captioning during his initial stint on the show, but I could be wrong. Either way, you get the gist. [And yeah, I could just edit the above spellings, but I like the "-eem" spelling better, just like I like "Mary Beth" better than "Marybeth", so I'll leave it alone. Small victories. :lol: ])
Karim is the way it was spelled in the credits.

Principal Guest Stars: Week of Tuesday 3/13/12-Monday 3/19/12
Mary Beth Evans - Kayla Johnson
Taylor Frey - Dustin
Justin Chu Cary - Karim
Jennifer Weston - Nurse (new)
Terry James - Stunt Coordinator

I originally spelled it Mary Beth too, as per the casting call, but the credits have it combined as Marybeth.

But. if you are happier spelling it Kareem and Mary Beth, that's fine. :)

Jason47
Member Avatar

WilSonJAb33
Apr 1 2014, 01:27 AM
I would have to think that the guy was either Dustin or a recast possible of Neil who Will went out on a couple of dates with ( that actor was originally blond) but again like Dustin.... even if Neil it would be a re-cast as well but those are the two likely people from the past as two who stood next to Karim Due to the fact both the original actors were blond. I however wasn't surprised that Brian wasn't around it actual made sense that he wasn't since no mention of his came after the basketball game day episode on 2013 where Will stood up to Brian and Sonny back up what Will said in a sense about Brain's inability to take hints.
Although the closed-captioning specifically stated it was Robyn, it did not for Karim or the other guy. Since it didn't give a name to the new guy in the captioning, I'm just keeping him as a nameless character (the actor yesterday was Ricky Underhill).

marybee50
Member Avatar

As to the spelling of Mary Beth,I guess it could reflect how your parents put it on the birth certificate.Sometimes it is one word as the first name,sometimes it is a first,Mary,and middle,Beth.

I am Mary Beth on my birth certificate,so my middle name is Beth. :)

Jason47
Member Avatar

Posted Image

Teri Andrez - Robyn

Supergirlx2
Member Avatar
"Right now what I like most about Aiden is Hope" ~ DC

Jason47
Apr 1 2014, 05:26 PM

Posted Image

Teri Andrez - Robyn
Do the rest of the kids not qualify for the Guest Stars list?!

PALMommy
Member Avatar

I'm left wondering where's the Guru's name is on the guest stars???

Jason47
Member Avatar

PALMommy
Apr 1 2014, 11:08 PM
I'm left wondering where's the Guru's name is on the guest stars???
Blake Adams is the actor. He said today when talking to EJ that his name is Carmel.

Jason47
Member Avatar

Supergirlx2
Apr 1 2014, 05:47 PM

Do the rest of the kids not qualify for the Guest Stars list?!

That's correct. They only get listed in the credits when they are principal guests (more than 5 lines in an episode). That means Ciara will be the only one talking much at the wedding. Theo, Johnny, Allie and Sydney won't say more than four lines in each episode. Same reason that Karim and Karim's Friend and Paige's Friend and the Guru's secretary aren't listed in the credits. They all spoke less than five lines in their episodes.
Edited by Jason47, Apr 1 2014, 11:32 PM.

Jason47
Member Avatar

RECURRING CHARACTER SET TO WRAP STINT ON "DAYS"...

One of the recurring characters on "Days of Our Lives" is set to wrap their stint, and their last episode will air in the next few weeks. This is the first April exit I alluded to earlier in March. Who is the he or she that is leaving?? Find out soon...

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply