Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Thursday, April 3rd Daily Discussion
Topic Started: Apr 3 2014, 12:29 AM (13,510 Views)
lysie
Member Avatar

Mitchapalooza
Apr 4 2014, 11:50 AM
lysie
Apr 4 2014, 11:45 AM
Also, Wilson have been so dramaless and boring all along, I don't think they could have written it much better, but it'd have been nice if they tried as hard as they claim.
I agree - I felt like it was a run-of-the-mill wedding...and maybe that is what they were going for? I don't know.

It is special because it was a milestone wedding as far as TV goes....but that being said...I was left feeling pretty emotionless during most of it.

Freddie Smith was the best thing about that episode IMO...he was great. I also especially loved the speeches given by Lucas and Justin...and the scene between Kate & Will in the garden was great...Lauren K was good in that scene.

The Caroline speech was just meh.
I'm not sure how we could have felt any differently. They've had pretty minor obstacles and break ups that didn't last long. We haven't really seen them in other relationships. Idk. It was a wedding that worked for the couple being featured, but the couple is boring. And I find it hard to believe people were crying in the makeup room. Neither character has even been in half of the number of total episodes this year.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

The Room Stops
Member Avatar

lysie
Apr 4 2014, 12:08 AM
Brady has gossip in his family. Who praytell is your family, Brady?
He's not sure.

Keith
Member Avatar

The Room Stops
Apr 4 2014, 12:45 PM
lysie
Apr 4 2014, 12:08 AM
Brady has gossip in his family. Who praytell is your family, Brady?
He's not sure.
Clearly Maggie.

nananana7

Keith,

I love your new avatar. Supergirl rocks.

I had been looking at her post here:
http://daytimeroyaltyonline.com/topic/9083629/2/#post9108788
and love all the gifs.

Seeing it separately as your avatar really highlighted it for my appreciation.

Posted Image
Edited by nananana7, Apr 4 2014, 01:25 PM.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Aimikins
Member Avatar

I cannot read through 15 pages at this point but does anyone know who da hell or what was in the picture on the mantle at the Kirikais mansion?

daysjahvu
Member Avatar

Aimikins
Apr 4 2014, 01:30 PM
I cannot read through 15 pages at this point but does anyone know who da hell or what was in the picture on the mantle at the Kirikais mansion?
Originally posted by jwsel Apr 3 2014, 09:05 PM:

The couple in that photo are the Phyllis Lyon and Del Martin, lesbian activists and the first LGBT couple to marry in San Francisco in 2008. Here's a wiki article about them.

Keith
Member Avatar

nananana7
Apr 4 2014, 01:21 PM
Keith,

and love all the gifs.

Posted Image
I love how it had someone people's reactions.

nananana7

daysjahvu
Apr 4 2014, 01:35 PM
Aimikins
The couple in that photo are the Phyllis Lyon and Del Martin, lesbian activists and the first LGBT couple to marry in San Francisco in 2008. Here's a wiki article about them.
Link to wiki article: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Del_Martin_and_Phyllis_Lyon

Here is a screencap from Supergirl:
Supergirlx2
Apr 3 2014, 10:45 PM

Sonny announced what was in the mystery boxes. It was photos and articles about "people who made this possible" -- and the implication was it was pictures of people who had worked on gay rights --- or people who had worked on gay marriage equality.

blueskies
Member Avatar

Finally was able to see the eppi and it was great! :)

Just more confirmation for me that they made the change to GW at the right time. He really seems to love Sonny which I never really felt with Chandler's version.

But is the Salem Inn literally the only hotel in town?

And is Austin and Carrie's baby a girl or a boy?

kay
Member Avatar
Kay

BeeBee
Apr 4 2014, 01:55 AM
specialcases
Apr 4 2014, 01:34 AM
I am sorry, but.....I have tried to give him a chance, and this is not just because I loved Chandler.....but wow....Guy Wilson is a horrible actor who completely diminished what should have been one of the most powerful moments for me in the history of Days.....Pretty bad when a 10 yr old (Ciara) eclipses you in sincerity and believability as a character....You couldn't stop with the Blue Steel or Duck lips long enough to spit your lines out in a timely fashion, leaving powerhouses like Lauren Koslow hanging, wondering if you even remembered your lines in what should have been an amazing scene.....ugh. Or reacting to the things Marlena was saying during the ceremony. It is like he is too distracted by making sure the camera is getting his best angle to have any kind of chemistry with anyone. I swear he always looks like he is posing for a selfie. Horrible.

I know I am going to get a ton of dislikes for this, which blows my mind. He is Austin Peck bad
I loved Chandler Massey as Will when he took over the role.He was great portraying Will as a confused young man coming to terms with his sexuality and accepting himself until the last year.He became too smirky always looking as if he was about to burst into laughter regardless of the type of scene.He did not appear to be "in love" with Sonny with his little close mouth kisses and his stilted behavior during love scenes with Sonny.Guy Wison's Will looks as if he is actually in love with Sonny and I am happy they chose him as the Will who marries Sonny.I honestly can't see Chandler as the Will who marries Sonny and has a honeymoon with him.Guy Wilson is great with Sami,Lucas,Marlena,Kate,Roman,Baby Ari,Gabi,and Allie as well as Caroline,Roman,and Eric.I hate to post this because I initially loved Chandler but by the time he left his portrayal of Will was so bad I was actually happy when he left.
I disagree with your post but we all like what we like and dislike what we dislike.
I agree with you BeeBee. It felt like Chandler was just counting down the days until he could leave. He did not seem prepared and did not seem to know his lines. I am sure his castmates were aware of this as well. He knew it was time for him to leave and when the chance for a recast came up the powers that be made that decision. Chandler even said in an interview after his comments at the EMMY's that he wanted the WilSon love story to continue even if that meant a recast so he was supportive of that decision. He just did not realize it would happen so quickly and within two months he was out of a job. It is sad that his stint on the show had to be cut short like that but why tape an engagement/wedding with one actor then turn around and have to recreate those scenes with a different actor after Chandler's term was up. It made sense to replace him when they did especially after he made it crystal clear that he did not intend to continue in the role beyond December.

I do not understand why people continue to complain and bad-mouth Guy Wilson simply for taking over the role of Will. He is a talented and accomplished actor and is doing a great job and does not deserve all the haTEful and rude comments that he has been getting. I wish people would just move on and accept what happened and give the guy a chance. If you simply cannot accept him then turn the channel or keep your rude comments to yourself.

Aimikins
Member Avatar

nananana7
Apr 4 2014, 01:47 PM
daysjahvu
Apr 4 2014, 01:35 PM
Aimikins
Link to wiki article: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Del_Martin_and_Phyllis_Lyon

Here is a screencap from Supergirl:
Supergirlx2
Apr 3 2014, 10:45 PM

Sonny announced what was in the mystery boxes. It was photos and articles about "people who made this possible" -- and the implication was it was pictures of people who had worked on gay rights --- or people who had worked on gay marriage equality.
Oh wow! Thank you! I thought it was Corday squeezing in a family pic lol

Supergirlx2
Member Avatar
"Right now what I like most about Aiden is Hope" ~ DC

nananana7
Keith,

and love all the gifs.

Posted Image
Since I can't simply "like" this like I usually do, I will have to reply simply with: "awww... thanks, guys". :hug:
Edited by Supergirlx2, Apr 5 2014, 12:05 AM.

Kaha
Member Avatar

lysie
Apr 4 2014, 11:55 AM
Mitchapalooza
lysie
Also, Wilson have been so dramaless and boring all along, I don't think they could have written it much better, but it'd have been nice if they tried as hard as they claim.
I agree - I felt like it was a run-of-the-mill wedding...and maybe that is what they were going for? I don't know.

It is special because it was a milestone wedding as far as TV goes....but that being said...I was left feeling pretty emotionless during most of it.

Freddie Smith was the best thing about that episode IMO...he was great. I also especially loved the speeches given by Lucas and Justin...and the scene between Kate & Will in the garden was great...Lauren K was good in that scene.

I'm not sure how we could have felt any differently. They've had pretty minor obstacles and break ups that didn't last long. We haven't really seen them in other relationships. Idk. It was a wedding that worked for the couple being featured, but the couple is boring. And I find it hard to believe people were crying in the makeup room. Neither character has even been in half of the number of total episodes this year.
Which couple and what current s/l do you find exciting?

I am genuinely interested to know.

Keith
Member Avatar

Supergirlx2
Apr 5 2014, 12:04 AM
nananana7
Keith,

and love all the gifs.

Posted Image
Since I can't simply "like" this like I usually do, I will have to reply simply with: "awww... thanks, guys". :hug:
No, Supergirl, thank you for being DAYS gif curator supreme.

Supergirlx2
Member Avatar
"Right now what I like most about Aiden is Hope" ~ DC

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

paul89

yayya :) carrie finely :) loved the wedding im gay and i was really going to cry :D

Jason47
Member Avatar

PALMommy
Apr 3 2014, 09:19 PM
I always wonder what the actors/actresses talk about in those make believe conversations they're having. I wish they were "miked" and we could hear the take outs. . . :blulaugh:
I tried finding the episode once a few years ago to no avail, but I do remember in an episode hearing John Clarke (Mickey) talking in the background (I guess he was accidentally too close to the boom mic), I think it was to Will (Chris Gerse, perhaps) at one of the weddings one time, and you could hear him telling the boy about "fake talking" that you do in the background at weddings and something to that effect.
Edited by Jason47, Apr 5 2014, 09:59 PM.

Kaha
Member Avatar

Supergirlx2
Apr 5 2014, 07:57 PM
UGH! Sami and her ugly shoes.

Why can't they dress the women on this show properly. I watched the wedding episode on HD and Abigail's look was a disaster. I think Gabi looked great despite the unfortunate hair style, if you can call it that.

Jason47
Member Avatar

lysie
Apr 4 2014, 12:04 AM
Are Johnny and Sydney there?
Yes, Allie, Johnny and Sydney were in new material on Thursday's episode (which I just watched now, so I'm late with some comments). However, Theo disappeared and was NOT in Thursday's episode! You only saw him in that first scene of Thursday (which was a replay, or rollback footage, so that doesn't count as new material). Abe had scooted over to the aisle seat during Thursday and Theo does not make an appearance in this episode.

lysie
Member Avatar

Kaha
Apr 5 2014, 04:56 AM
lysie
Apr 4 2014, 11:55 AM
Mitchapalooza
lysie

Which couple and what current s/l do you find exciting?

I am genuinely interested to know.
None. That's why I only watch occasionally.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Create your own social network with a free forum.
Learn More · Sign-up for Free
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply