Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Jade Harlow exits as Sheryl
Topic Started: Apr 3 2014, 11:52 AM (5,339 Views)
Hugo
Member Avatar

I think it's possible that when Ali Sweeney told Ken Corday she was leaving back in November, he and the writers decided they needed to revisit Lumi one last time and that Sheryl was in the way. Now I hope that Sami doesn't leave with Lucas or if she does, I hope he comes back alone shortly after. I don't want to lose Bryan Dattilo. Maybe then, there's hope that they bring Sheryl back. They might even have told Jade Harlow that her character could come back eventually, if the fans like her. That would explain why she has been trying to rally fans on twitter.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Partnersincrime
Member Avatar

Hugo
Apr 4 2014, 05:09 AM
I think it's possible that when Ali Sweeney told Ken Corday she was leaving back in November, he and the writers decided they needed to revisit Lumi one last time and that Sheryl was in the way. Now I hope that Sami doesn't leave with Lucas or if she does, I hope he comes back alone shortly after. I don't want to lose Bryan Dattilo. Maybe then, there's hope that they bring Sheryl back. They might even have told Jade Harlow that her character could come back eventually, if the fans like her. That would explain why she has been trying to rally fans on twitter.
With the recent spoilers what seem Sheryl last episodes of her having sex with lucas and have problems with Kate lead opening to get back.if they reunite lucas and sami before Sami leave I think Sheryl will come back later.here opitions of lucas and Sam reunited only to lucas lose Sami again and later Sheryl comes back carrying lucas child with Kate hating her while lucas heart broken over Sami.opition 2 lucas and sami reunited only for Sheryl show up carrying lucas child that would lead to lucas and sami break up and heart broken Sami to leave.
The other 4 opitions I see the writers write for lucas without Sheryl
Lucas and Sami reunited and leave together
Lucas and Sami reunited and Lucas lose Sami again and Lucas story will be life after losing Sami
Lucas and Sami do no reunited lucas only show up to talk with Kate or will once month
Lucas and Sami do not reunited and few months later after Sami disappeared lucas disappeared from the screen without mention where
I think what ever reasons of why the got rid of Sheryl important
If they did that to reunite lumi it mean they might have plan to write to lucas and might bring Sheryl later.If they do not plan to reunited lumi I do not see any reasons why got rid of Sheryl and only prove the writers will not write for lucas

Kaha
Member Avatar

Hugo
I think Sheryl's exsit might have more to do with the change in Jordan's s/l than AS leaving. Initially, she was connected to Jordan's big secret then they changed the s/l so her role changed.

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
♥ LUMI ♥

Kaha
Apr 4 2014, 07:44 AM
Hugo
I think Sheryl's exsit might have more to do with the change in Jordan's s/l than AS leaving. Initially, she was connected to Jordan's big secret then they changed the s/l so her role changed.
I think that she is STILL connected to her secret.....she still came to Salem brought by Kate for scoop on Jordan...that hasn't changed and likely won't...and I bet that when Sheryl finds out that why Kate brought her to Salem to begin with and now that it seems that Lucas and her will become intimate she will feel used and she'll feel that Lucas only bedded her to use her for info. We know that isn't the case, but Sheryl doesn't know that.....I think the timing is all AS leaving....this all was filmed in November/early Dec...around the time that AS confirmed to the show she would be leaving.

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
♥ LUMI ♥

Partnersincrime
Apr 4 2014, 07:10 AM
Hugo
With the recent spoilers what seem Sheryl last episodes of her having sex with lucas and have problems with Kate lead opening to get back.if they reunite lucas and sami before Sami leave I think Sheryl will come back later.here opitions of lucas and Sam reunited only to lucas lose Sami again and later Sheryl comes back carrying lucas child with Kate hating her while lucas heart broken over Sami.opition 2 lucas and sami reunited only for Sheryl show up carrying lucas child that would lead to lucas and sami break up and heart broken Sami to leave.
Lucas and Sami reunited and Lucas lose Sami again and Lucas story will be life after losing Sami
Lucas and Sami do no reunited lucas only show up to talk with Kate or will once month
Lucas and Sami do not reunited and few months later after Sami disappeared lucas disappeared from the screen without mention where
If they did that to reunite lumi it mean they might have plan to write to lucas and might bring Sheryl later.If they do not plan to reunited lumi I do not see any reasons why got rid of Sheryl and only prove the writers will not write for lucas
I've gotten the vibe that Sami will leave by herself....and I wouldn't put it past this show to work from May/June to November in reuniting Lumi and at their November 'wedding' Sheryl shows up very pregnant and stops him from marrying Sami....Lucas stays and Sami leaves Salem....at least that is what I would do

TreasureCove
Member Avatar

I wish they'd shown Lucas and Sheryl going on dates and growing closer to reach this point.
Edited by TreasureCove, Apr 4 2014, 08:50 AM.

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
♥ LUMI ♥

TreasureCove
Apr 4 2014, 08:49 AM
I wish they'd shown Lucas and Sheryl going on dates and growing closer to reach this point.
Yeah, at least give them a few kisses or something, one or two solo (not double) dates that don't have to do with business...in soaps I don't mind ONS that much, but this one really does seem to be coming out of nowhere...sure they have shown them to have an attraction but she is still technically employed by him.........hey I'm not complaining but I just wish that at the very least they would have shown them on a date or two before they boink. As in anything TomSell come up with this just seems like a potential plot point for down the road...for Lucas' sake I hope that she does return when she's seven months pregnant...if not...oh well....it was there for nothing....

MissFancyFace
Member Avatar
Someone's been a good girl this year. ;-)

I'd rather have Sheryl on the show over Jordan.

jam6242
Member Avatar

MissFancyFace
Apr 4 2014, 09:27 AM
Yeah, I've tried to like Jordan but she is so boring. I like Sheryl much better even though she's had less air time.

Partnersincrime
Member Avatar

Kaha
Hugo
I hope not.the last thing need they got rid her for only shift in jafe story .it pretty much show there nothing to look forward as lucas fan only see him less.way to go crash my hopes

MissFancyFace
Member Avatar
Someone's been a good girl this year. ;-)

jam6242
Apr 4 2014, 09:38 AM
MissFancyFace
Yeah, I've tried to like Jordan but she is so boring. I like Sheryl much better even though she's had less air time.
We should have just gotten Jordan in even smaller doses, and her romance with Rafe was way too forced and rushed. Jordan/Jafe = younger versions of Jennibore/Dullifer.

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
♥ LUMI ♥

MissFancyFace
Me too....and it's not just that the story with Jafe has been soooo slow, it's just damn right boring....and Chrishell seems like a great person, with spunk but somehow Jordan is just sooo blah.

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

Agreed on the Jordan/Chrishell....she is a MASSIVE bore....why is the show keeping her around?

Shit or get off the pot DAYS for the love of GOD!

jam6242
Member Avatar

LuvingLumi
Apr 4 2014, 10:36 AM
MissFancyFace
Me too....and it's not just that the story with Jafe has been soooo slow, it's just damn right boring....and Chrishell seems like a great person, with spunk but somehow Jordan is just sooo blah.
Jordan reminds me of Natalia Livingston's Taylor. She seems to be grimacing all the time even when she's supposed to be smiling.

Yoryla
Member Avatar

So people thought she would be staying? To me, it was clear as day she was someone brought in to mix up Jordan's life and when that job was done she was to leave again. And in doing so / in the meantime, she was to have a fling with Lucas. They were not bringing on someone to say for him, I mean the actor himself is on recurring which basically means he is here to support others, if needed. They're not going to bring in someone else for him, or center a storyline around him. I don't understand where some had gotten the thought that Sheryl would be staying in the first place.
Edited by Yoryla, Apr 4 2014, 05:13 PM.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

DiMeraFan67
Member Avatar

Yoryla
Apr 4 2014, 05:06 PM
Renaissance Girl
Apr 3 2014, 05:45 PM
Sheryl should have never EXISTED in the first place, much less having her actor being hired into the show. Seriously, if they were barely even going to use her just for a couple of scenes, then why even have her on? No, I seriously think Sheryl is just going to jet back to Alabama and never return to Salem EVER again. I don't even think Sheryl is ever going to get pregnant. I don't even think the writers have much use for her.

Speaking of Jordan, if they are going to treat her secret as so inconsequential, why even have a secret in the first place? Or better yet, just let it come out after an appropriate amount of development and build up. So basically, without her secret, unless there is any other purpose to Jordan, she and Ben are useless.
I don't understand what was so unclear about this. Did people not realize she wasn't staying? To me, it was clear as day she was someone brought in to mix up Jordan's life and when that job was done she was to leave again. And in doing so / in the meantime, she was to have a fling with Lucas. They were not bringing on someone to say for him, I mean the actor himself is on recurring which basically means he is here to support others, if needed. They're not going to bring in someone else for him, or center a storyline around him. I don't understand where some had gotten the thought that Sheryl would be staying in the first place.
Even if this were the case...she didn't serve her purpose in the Jordan storyline so there was clearly a shift that made Sheryl less relevant than originally intended. I agree that they never brought her in to be a real love story for Lucas or anything like that.

Will&Sonny

LuvingLumi
Apr 4 2014, 08:36 AM
Kaha
Hugo
I think that she is STILL connected to her secret.....she still came to Salem brought by Kate for scoop on Jordan...that hasn't changed and likely won't
Kate brought Sheryl to Salem because she learned that Sheryl had known Jordan in Birmingham, and Kate just hoped and assumed, based on that, that bringing Sheryl to town might cause Jordan's secret to unravel. There was never really any confirmation that Sheryl knew Jordan's secret or had anything to do with it. There was one scene where Sheryl started to say something to Kate and Lucas about Jordan's past before deciding that it wasn't her place to do so, but that could have been anything -- and it might not have even been true, in any case. It might have just been a lie Jordan told Sheryl to hide the truth about her past.

Ben, on the other hand -- he clearly knows more about Jordan's past, and he has from the start, but in retrospect, unless I missed an interview where one of the actors specifically stated that Sheryl had originally been connected to Jordan's secret (which is possible, since I don't read all interviews), I'm not sure that I agree that the writers ever planned to go in that direction in the first place, based on what played out on-screen. That might have just been an assumption people made and ran with when Sheryl was introduced, when, in fact, the opposite might be true -- Sheryl might have been a stalling tactic that the writers decided to utilize after they decided to take Jordan's story in a different direction, to buy themselves some time to lay the groundwork for the new storyline.

trojangal
Member Avatar

Yoryla
Apr 4 2014, 05:06 PM
So people thought she would be staying? To me, it was clear as day she was someone brought in to mix up Jordan's life and when that job was done she was to leave again. And in doing so / in the meantime, she was to have a fling with Lucas. They were not bringing on someone to say for him, I mean the actor himself is on recurring which basically means he is here to support others, if needed. They're not going to bring in someone else for him, or center a storyline around him. I don't understand where some had gotten the thought that Sheryl would be staying in the first place.
I never got the impression Sheryl was anything but a short-term
character, part of Kate's plot against Jordan & once their connection
was revealed Sheryl would be gone.
On the other hand, I remember Chrishelle in a past interview saying she was disappointed
at the change in her story-line. Could Jordan's story line changes
played a part in Sheryl's quick exit? :shrug:

Anyway I did like her scenes with BD, too bad she is gone

crookedhalo
Member Avatar

Jason47
Apr 3 2014, 11:52 AM
A JASON47.COM EXCLUSIVE: JADE HARLOW SET TO DEPART...

Jade Harlow's stint as Sheryl Connors comes to a close in the next few weeks. Look for Sheryl to last air later this month. Will Kate's meddling be responsible for her departure?

http://www.jason47.com
that's one...one that everybody called!

crookedhalo
Member Avatar

LuvingLumi
Apr 4 2014, 08:46 AM
Partnersincrime
Apr 4 2014, 07:10 AM
Hugo
I've gotten the vibe that Sami will leave by herself....and I wouldn't put it past this show to work from May/June to November in reuniting Lumi and at their November 'wedding' Sheryl shows up very pregnant and stops him from marrying Sami....Lucas stays and Sami leaves Salem....at least that is what I would do
I think it will be more like...

The friendship of Lumi revamping when she finds out her fiance is a cheat. Lucas stands beside her, and eventually sparks began to fly and ignite. But right as their ready to catch fire Sami goes postal and goes after Abigal, only to have a stand off between these two ladies that doesn't end well. I think by AS's comments that is the way she would want Sami to go out, with a bang.

2 users reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply