Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Friday, April 4th Daily Discussion
Topic Started: Apr 4 2014, 01:24 AM (9,023 Views)
lysie
Member Avatar

Posted Image

Discuss!
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Will&Sonny

I'm hoping for a real, extended love scene (or multiple ones) today, just like any other couple would have on their honeymoon, instead of the usual prelude and afterglow stuff. There's no better time to finally break that double-standard than now.

I really wish the writers would have waited until next week to show this Nick-and-Gabi bullshit, though. :flipoff:

iheartwilson
Member Avatar

lysie
Apr 4 2014, 01:24 AM
Posted Image

Discuss!
Almost every pic that has been shown for months have been too old for me to comment. Makes me feel left out and kinda dumb.

No1_ILoveLucyFan
Member Avatar

iheartwilson
Apr 4 2014, 05:15 AM
lysie
Posted Image

Discuss!
Almost every pic that has been shown for months have been too old for me to comment. Makes me feel left out and kinda dumb.
:cheers: I'll drink to that iheartwilson - I recognize Calliope in the background...other than that, :shrug: . It's all good though - I like learning about the vets, past characters & storylines - Days has a HUGE tapestry of history & the more viewers know about the past, the more they can appreciate the show in it's entirety.

Oak Alley
Member Avatar

He was the maitre'd at Blondies/Wings, right? And Doug's Place? :)

jam6242
Member Avatar

Yes, that's Robert LeClair (Robert Clary) at the wedding of Calliope Jones' dog (the white one is hers). He performed the ceremony and also sang La Vie en Rose to the dogs. Such a romantic wedding! :blulaugh: I've read Robert Clary's autobiography and he doesn't mention this. Guess it wasn't a highlight of his career!

Edited by jam6242, Apr 4 2014, 08:56 AM.

Kimba73
Member Avatar

I loved Calliope! Could you imagine Days doing something like this now?!

Renee Dimera
Member Avatar

Back then, Days could pull off this kind of stupidity because the show had better balance. Of course, even back then I was rolling my eyes at this. By the same token, a dog wedding was in perfect keeping with Calliope's character. So disappointed she was ruined in her brief return.

daysjahvu
Member Avatar

jam6242
Apr 4 2014, 08:47 AM
Yes, that's Robert LeClair (Robert Clary) at the wedding of Calliope Jones' dog (the white one is hers). He performed the ceremony and also sang La Vie en Rose to the dogs. Such a romantic wedding! :blulaugh: I've read Robert Clary's autobiography and he doesn't mention this. Guess it wasn't a highlight of his career!

His story is so interesting..from.survivor of Buchenwald concentration camp during WWII to one of the stars of "Hogan's Heroes." I loved the rapport between Robert(French pronunciation "Robair") & Doug.

jam6242
Member Avatar

daysjahvu
Apr 4 2014, 09:13 AM
jam6242

His story is so interesting..from.survivor of Buchenwald concentration camp during WWII to one of the stars of "Hogan's Heroes." I loved the rapport between Robert(French pronunciation "Robair") & Doug.
He's another one I would like to see pop in for the 50th. It would be nice if NBC would splurge for the anniversary. They could have a variety show and benefit for the hospital. That would be a good reason to bring a lot of old favorites back.

marybee50
Member Avatar

jam6242
Apr 4 2014, 09:24 AM
daysjahvu
jam6242

He's another one I would like to see pop in for the 50th. It would be nice if NBC would splurge for the anniversary. They could have a variety show and benefit for the hospital. That would be a good reason to bring a lot of old favorites back.
Is Robert still alive?So many Hogan's Heroes have passed away.

I had a French teacher who was so similar to Robert,and,needless to say I had a huge crush on him.Really am showing my age,aren't I :blulaugh:
Edited by marybee50, Apr 4 2014, 09:39 AM.

jam6242
Member Avatar

marybee50
Apr 4 2014, 09:37 AM
jam6242
daysjahvu
jam6242

I had a French teacher who was so similar to Robert,and,needless to say I had a huge crush on him.Really am showing my age,aren't I :blulaugh:
Yes, he's still alive. One of the actresses from Hogan's Heroes passed away recently and it was mentioned that he is the last surviving cast member. He and Bill Hayes are still quite close in real life. He even produced a CD for Bill a few years ago.

daysjahvu
Member Avatar

marybee50
Apr 4 2014, 09:37 AM
jam6242
daysjahvu
jam6242

He is still alive...there was an LA Times article on him about a year ago. He speaks about his experiences & enjoys doing pencil paintings. It did mention he no longer works as an entertainer, but I agree that it would be incredible to see he & Bill sing a duet again.

daysfan2
Member Avatar
Go Away Daniel

Jennifer and Daniel still talking about finances and her checkbook .... :ermm:

daysfan2
Member Avatar
Go Away Daniel

Theresa/Brady/Roman, Gaby/Nick/Arianna, John/Marlena, Jennifer/Daniel/Liam, Eric/Nicole - on today's show so far.

opps forgot Sami and EJ lol

and Maxine arrived half way talking to Jennifer at work.
Edited by daysfan2, Apr 4 2014, 11:32 AM.

lysie
Member Avatar

iheartwilson
Apr 4 2014, 05:15 AM
lysie
Posted Image

Discuss!
When did you start watching?

sunnyways
Member Avatar

Awww no WilSon today, I was hoping to go five for five this week.

daysfan2
Member Avatar
Go Away Daniel

today is a very boring episode to me :sleep:

magicsteacher
Member Avatar

Oh Gawd.. a day that starts with Fetch and Theresa and Brady plus Ejami never bodes well.

sunnyways
Member Avatar

I had been hoping for a little honeymoon action today...but I guess I have to wait. I am here for the Nabi scenes but that's it.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply