Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Variety: Corday Prod. starting online soaps biz
Topic Started: Apr 4 2014, 01:58 PM (2,957 Views)
MysteryPoster

Again, Supergirl, please don't take anything I posted offensive. I thoroughly enjoy your posts! Have a good night.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Foreverdaysfan

I'm not going to quote the lengthy pro-CC post either only because of it's length. I've had to come out of lurking to post because whilst I think it's great you're a fan of Crystal Chappell's you really need to move on. Carbo was never going to last regardless of what Kristian may or may not have done. It's true Kristian wanted Bo and Hope, but I'm not sure why she gets singled out for what she wanted and said in the media, but you neglect to mention that Crystal made it clear at every single opportunity on twitter, in articles and at fan events and to the writers that Carbo was better and also Peter made it clear that Hope was Bo's soulmate. The actors all made their feelings known. If you're going off Crystal's book for fact, I suggest you look a little further before you claim that people like Bill Hayes supported Crystal. Bill made his feelings known on twitter when asked about Crystal's book. He adores Kristian.

Whilst you claim cast and crew could attest to Kristian wanting Crystal off the show, there were many rumors that Tomlin and Crystal wanted Kristian off the show and we can sit here and play tit for tat all day.

At the end of the day Crystal herself claimed that Kristian did not get her fired. It strikes me as odd that whilst others were let go at the same time or did not have their contracts renewed that that was put down to the producers and Ken, however Crystal's non-renewal is solely the fault of Kristian's.

My feelings on Crystal's return was that she thought (probably because Tomlin had told her) that she would be the number one actress on the show and I also think that she thought by showing up with lines learned (now that's a quote from CC herself) that she would be considered professional, however I have no doubt that the rest of the actors on Days have been doing that for years, I think that's called being an actor.

Crystal admitted to drinking heavily during her Days stint so I'm not sure her account of events can be taken as 100% accurate.

But basically you should be happy that Crystal is working with Corday Productions, you don't need to go on a Kristian bashing spree or come out of hiding to do so. I'm sure though that when this pairing fails, somehow, some way, it will be Kristian's fault. Maybe she'll roll her eyes in the dressing room and it will be reported back to Crystal who will then become so upset she'll be unable to work.

MysteryPoster

Well, I have moved on, definitely, and I'm glad Crystal is back with Corday Productions. I've got to ask, if Crystal was as bad as everyone makes her out to be, I doubt Corday would have ever spoken with her again. In fact, this isn't the first time. He asked her back a few months after her terminated.

I'm not bashing Kristian. After re-reading my post, I can see why you would take it that way. Please don't take it as such. I'm stating my opinions of when I met her and those of my friends. In fact, if you re-read my posts I included many positive comments about Kristian as well.

In regards to Crystal drinking during her latest DAYS stint, I think you're definitely on to something. Maybe she secretly wanted to be with a woman and not her husband which caused her to drink so heavily. Maybe. I often wonder if she was ever truly happy returning to DAYS. Sometimes I think she wasn't. I'm definitely more of a Carly fan than a Crystal fan. I just feel bad that she gets bashed so heavily for something she didn't really do. But hey, when you're in show biz, that's the nature of the business.

Have a good night.

DiMeraFan67
Member Avatar

I don't think for one second that Kristian Alfonso is some innocent victim and didn't play a role in the issues between CC and herself, but it kinda became irrelevant once shit really hit the fan. CC handled it like trash and KA handled it with class.

Foreverdaysfan

MysteryPoster
Apr 5 2014, 12:20 AM
Well, I have moved on, definitely, and I'm glad Crystal is back with Corday Productions. I've got to ask, if Crystal was as bad as everyone makes her out to be, I doubt Corday would have ever spoken with her again. In fact, this isn't the first time. He asked her back a few months after her terminated.

I'm not bashing Kristian. After re-reading my post, I can see why you would take it that way. Please don't take it as such. I'm stating my opinions of when I met her and those of my friends. In fact, if you re-read my posts I included many positive comments about Kristian as well.

In regards to Crystal drinking during her latest DAYS stint, I think you're definitely on to something. Maybe she secretly wanted to be with a woman and not her husband which caused her to drink so heavily. Maybe. I often wonder if she was ever truly happy returning to DAYS. Sometimes I think she wasn't. I'm definitely more of a Carly fan than a Crystal fan. I just feel bad that she gets bashed so heavily for something she didn't really do. But hey, when you're in show biz, that's the nature of the business.

Have a good night.
No he did not ask her back a few months after she was terminated. Tomlin did. I'm not saying Crystal was bad, to me your post just solely pointed the finger at Kristian. I was simply saying Crystal is no saint and her behavior is well documented and I will admit to being frustrated by the poor me act she continuously pulls.

If Corday was so bad, as Crystal had us believe by her tweets and book, why is she hooking up with him now?

The whole thing makes zero sense to me.

I suggest we just grab some popcorn and enjoy the show. I have no doubt there will be one.

MysteryPoster

Lol. I absolutely agree...Butter or Salt on the popcorn?. Now if only the drama on the show was just as good...oh well maybe it will be once Kristen returns. ..now that I'm looking forward too.

MissFancyFace
Member Avatar
Feel the HAIDEN Heat!!

:whistle:
Edited by MissFancyFace, Apr 5 2014, 02:10 AM.

karenap63

I am not sure about this, but I believe I read somewhere that Crystle never got along with Deidre Hall. Is this true?

Edited by karenap63, Apr 5 2014, 09:13 AM.

talbab1994
Member Avatar

From a business standpoint, she has made the on line shows she has produced pretty successful. She has a smart business model. If I were Corday, I would team with her too...for that reason alone.

My own take on her is that she can be problematic if she doesn't like you. When she backed "free speech" from that person, in my eyes she was saying that it was OK to call people names (he did that...big time) and to tell people that others have eating and drug problems. When did that become OK?

I hope that Corday and Chappel get what they want in this venture.
Edited by talbab1994, Apr 5 2014, 07:18 AM.

Kaha
Member Avatar

talbab1994
Apr 5 2014, 07:17 AM
From a business standpoint, she has made the on line shows she has produced pretty successful. She has a smart business model. If I were Corday, I would team with her too...for that reason alone.

My own take on her is that she can be problematic if she doesn't like you. When she backed "free speech" from that person, in my eyes she was saying that it was OK to call people names (he did that...big time) and to tell people that others have eating and drug problems. When did that become OK?

I am not familiar with this particular behind the scenes feud but didn't CC also back MR's "free speech"? Maybe that's her thing. Apparently, she's close friends with MR. I wonder it that affects KA's relationship with MR.

talbab1994
Member Avatar

Kaha
Apr 5 2014, 07:35 AM
talbab1994

I am not familiar with this particular behind the scenes feud but didn't CC also back MR's "free speech"? Maybe that's her thing. Apparently, she's close friends with MR. I wonder it that affects KA's relationship with MR.
Did anyone associated with the show say anything about that? I remember NLG from GH and the guy that plays Kevin on Y&R speaking out. I don't think that would matter especially since this is with Corday and Chappell.
Edited by talbab1994, Apr 5 2014, 08:17 AM.

OliveAnn

talbab1994
Apr 5 2014, 08:16 AM
Kaha
talbab1994

Did anyone associated with the show say anything about that? I remember NLG from GH and the guy that plays Kevin on Y&R speaking out. I don't think that would matter especially since this is with Corday and Chappell.
Nobody on the show ever commented about Missy's tweet. CC wrote a blog post where she talked a lot, but didn't say much. She did say that she had talked to Missy, but didn't go any futher into what Missy had to say in her defense.

I read that lengthy post on the first page in CC's defense and I'd like to say several things about it. CC was not a newcomer to Days, so it's not correct to compare her to a new worker in a corporate company. She'd worked there 20 years earlier and knew how things stood. She therefore should have been aware that Bope was one of the staples of the show. Carbo was never going to be more than an obstacle and she should have expected that from the start.

Also, I have a hard time believing CC's theory about people taking sides, because all actors openly communicated with both her and KA all the time.

I definitely will acknowledge that CC's alcohol issues affected her poor judgement on that sad day. But, after having read the excerpt from biography on Kristian, I couldn't shake off the feeling that there was one more factor affecting her behavior: bruised ego. When CC was on GL, she was the lead and the most popular character on that show, thanks to Otalia. But, on Days, she was a supporting player. That was a might fall and it must have hurt. To make matters worse for her, her co-stars didn't give her an Emmy prenomination for her work. Only a year before that, CC had been nominated for GL and all peeps at GL supported her. But, such support was not to be found at Days. That must've sucked.

And, finally, Crystal can't blame Carly 2.0's failure on KA. It wasn't KA's idea to have Carly be involved with Daniel and Melanie in the same storyline. Anyone who had to be in a storyline with them suffered because those characters were and still are unpopular and their unpopularity affected everyone in their proximity. Crystal couldn't control that and turn that into a good storyline no matter how much she tried.

Kaha
Member Avatar

talbab1994
Kaha
talbab1994

Honestly, I don't know anything about any of this backroom intrigue. I only remember reading something about CC defending MR and saying that she was not homophobic.

james0479
Member Avatar

Well I'm enjoying the hell out of this thread! I was a huge Carly and CC fan during her first run and her second run but I felt the writing wasn't there during 2.0 but CC did what she could with the "material". It obviously didn't turn out the way it should've and because I find Dena Higley to be hacktastic, ill blame her. Kristian Alfonso and Crystal Chappell are soap actresses ...not nuns. There's egos, there's a brutal schedule, opinions, etc.....like any work place but to a more grand scale. Hell, I'm the manager of a restaurant and some days feel like Passions and Sunset Beach combined! There were obviously tensions but I don't think either is at a fault. Bottom line...both love the genre, both are terrific at their work and have a solid legendary legacy within it. I'm happy Crystal is partnering with Corday Productions and I'm excited to see what they come up with.
Edited by james0479, Apr 5 2014, 09:38 AM.

DAYSisHOT
Member Avatar

I wonder if this is sometime of survival plan for Days once it is cancelled on NBC. if they can get this website going strong once NBC finally pulls the plug, Days may survive in some format on the web.

DiMeraFan67
Member Avatar

james0479
Apr 5 2014, 09:37 AM
Well I'm enjoying the hell out of this thread! I was a huge Carly and CC fan during her first run and her second run but I felt the writing wasn't there during 2.0 but CC did what she could with the "material". It obviously didn't turn out the way it should've and because I find Dena Higley to be hacktastic, ill blame her. Kristian Alfonso and Crystal Chappell are soap actresses ...not nuns. There's egos, there's a brutal schedule, opinions, etc.....like any work place but to a more grand scale. Hell, I'm the manager of a restaurant and some days feel like Passions and Sunset Beach combined! There were obviously tensions but I don't think either is at a fault. Bottom line...both love the genre, both are terrific at their work and have a solid legendary legacy within it. I'm happy Crystal is partnering with Corday Productions and I'm excited to see what they come up with.
See this is when the "Like" button serves a great purpose. I totally agree with every single line of this post and have nothing to add, but it deserves to be acknowledged.

lysie
Member Avatar

Kaha
Apr 5 2014, 08:52 AM
talbab1994
Kaha
talbab1994

Honestly, I don't know anything about any of this backroom intrigue. I only remember reading something about CC defending MR and saying that she was not homophobic.
Her responses to MR were kind of in the middle. She basically said that what she had seen (Missy's tweet) was not indicative of the friend she knew and that she was confused and disappointed. She neither condemned her nor supported her. But I suppose she did sort of back up the people (for example, MR's hair person at days who is gay) that said she wasn't a homophobe.

No1_ILoveLucyFan
Member Avatar

MissLola
Apr 4 2014, 04:33 PM
Phoenix Fyre
Apr 4 2014, 04:12 PM
God, I hope Corday takes Chester Cheeto and Mumbles McGee off Days and puts them on whatever this crap is going to be.
Who's Mumbles McGee?
My guess would be Chris Kositchek Fauxman Roman.

T-Love74
Member Avatar

OliveAnn
Apr 5 2014, 08:34 AM
talbab1994
Kaha
talbab1994

Nobody on the show ever commented about Missy's tweet. CC wrote a blog post where she talked a lot, but didn't say much. She did say that she had talked to Missy, but didn't go any futher into what Missy had to say in her defense.

I read that lengthy post on the first page in CC's defense and I'd like to say several things about it. CC was not a newcomer to Days, so it's not correct to compare her to a new worker in a corporate company. She'd worked there 20 years earlier and knew how things stood. She therefore should have been aware that Bope was one of the staples of the show. Carbo was never going to be more than an obstacle and she should have expected that from the start.

Also, I have a hard time believing CC's theory about people taking sides, because all actors openly communicated with both her and KA all the time.

I definitely will acknowledge that CC's alcohol issues affected her poor judgement on that sad day. But, after having read the excerpt from biography on Kristian, I couldn't shake off the feeling that there was one more factor affecting her behavior: bruised ego. When CC was on GL, she was the lead and the most popular character on that show, thanks to Otalia. But, on Days, she was a supporting player. That was a might fall and it must have hurt. To make matters worse for her, her co-stars didn't give her an Emmy prenomination for her work. Only a year before that, CC had been nominated for GL and all peeps at GL supported her. But, such support was not to be found at Days. That must've sucked.

And, finally, Crystal can't blame Carly 2.0's failure on KA. It wasn't KA's idea to have Carly be involved with Daniel and Melanie in the same storyline. Anyone who had to be in a storyline with them suffered because those characters were and still are unpopular and their unpopularity affected everyone in their proximity. Crystal couldn't control that and turn that into a good storyline no matter how much she tried.
But, she was nominated for her work in 2012.

Kriss4

Crystal Chappell wanted to come in and be the star. She wanted to be put with the show's older leading man, period.

She was all for that, regardless of what it might mean for Kristian, who'd done her time on this show.

Crystal did not deserve that. Her position on GL notwithstanding. To many Days fans,Carly wasjust a Johnny come lately who was going to usurp Hopes place. But there is a lot of affection for Hope out here, so people were resistant.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply