Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Variety: Corday Prod. starting online soaps biz
Topic Started: Apr 4 2014, 01:58 PM (2,954 Views)
OliveAnn

T-Love74
Apr 5 2014, 03:33 PM
OliveAnn
Apr 5 2014, 08:34 AM
talbab1994
Apr 5 2014, 08:16 AM
Kaha
Apr 5 2014, 07:35 AM

Quoting limited to 4 levels deep
Did anyone associated with the show say anything about that? I remember NLG from GH and the guy that plays Kevin on Y&R speaking out. I don't think that would matter especially since this is with Corday and Chappell.
Nobody on the show ever commented about Missy's tweet. CC wrote a blog post where she talked a lot, but didn't say much. She did say that she had talked to Missy, but didn't go any futher into what Missy had to say in her defense.

I read that lengthy post on the first page in CC's defense and I'd like to say several things about it. CC was not a newcomer to Days, so it's not correct to compare her to a new worker in a corporate company. She'd worked there 20 years earlier and knew how things stood. She therefore should have been aware that Bope was one of the staples of the show. Carbo was never going to be more than an obstacle and she should have expected that from the start.

Also, I have a hard time believing CC's theory about people taking sides, because all actors openly communicated with both her and KA all the time.

I definitely will acknowledge that CC's alcohol issues affected her poor judgement on that sad day. But, after having read the excerpt from biography on Kristian, I couldn't shake off the feeling that there was one more factor affecting her behavior: bruised ego. When CC was on GL, she was the lead and the most popular character on that show, thanks to Otalia. But, on Days, she was a supporting player. That was a might fall and it must have hurt. To make matters worse for her, her co-stars didn't give her an Emmy prenomination for her work. Only a year before that, CC had been nominated for GL and all peeps at GL supported her. But, such support was not to be found at Days. That must've sucked.

And, finally, Crystal can't blame Carly 2.0's failure on KA. It wasn't KA's idea to have Carly be involved with Daniel and Melanie in the same storyline. Anyone who had to be in a storyline with them suffered because those characters were and still are unpopular and their unpopularity affected everyone in their proximity. Crystal couldn't control that and turn that into a good storyline no matter how much she tried.
But, she was nominated for her work in 2012.
When the system changed and everyone in the industry voted in the prenomination round. But, the year before, when the shows prenominated two actors from the cast for each category, she didn't get a prenomination. Days chose Kristian Alfonso and Alison Sweeney over her.
Edited by OliveAnn, Apr 5 2014, 04:36 PM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

MissFancyFace
Member Avatar
Feel the HAIDEN Heat!!

It's CC's own fault that she has been besmirched. Not the alcohol, not KA and not anybody who doesn't bow at her feet. Having said that, I do hope this venture works out well for her and Corday. If it keeps her preoccupied enough, and Carly Manning far, far away from Salem, then best of luck to her.

Graceland
Member Avatar

Corday mentioned turning Days into a telenovela.
Edited by Graceland, Apr 6 2014, 06:14 AM.

talbab1994
Member Avatar

Graceland
Apr 6 2014, 06:14 AM
I think it would be interesting for them to take some of the Days characters that aren't used very much on the show and see how they would do in this style of storytelling.

thepadange

Graceland
Apr 6 2014, 06:14 AM
The more I read about this Days as telenovela idea the more clear is the impression that it means nothing more than bringing back some characters for their 50th but only short-term. They did this with NB last year and Chloe's s/l was terrible. They are doing it with ED's return this summer for a story arc. I think, there will be some more returns in the future as well. I don't expect anything more radical.

IMHO, it's good for the show to have some alternatives besides NBC in the future.

thepadange

Not sure it's about the topic we're discussing but it well might be:

Kassie DePaiva ‏@KassieDePaiva Apr 4
@crystalchappell go rock it beautiful!!! Congrats!!!!! #smartwoman
https://twitter.com/KassieDePaiva/status/452183006677983232

Crystal Chappell ‏@crystalchappell Apr 4
@KassieDePaiva thanks Sweet Woman! Can't wait to hang!
https://twitter.com/crystalchappell/status/452224740896157696

six
Member Avatar

It's too bad that Corday only owns Days; it could have been cool to see characters from past NBC soaps passing through this new show.

KateDiMera
Member Avatar

DAYSisHOT
Apr 5 2014, 11:25 AM
I wonder if this is sometime of survival plan for Days once it is cancelled on NBC. if they can get this website going strong once NBC finally pulls the plug, Days may survive in some format on the web.
This was my thinking as well. It provides for an easy transition from one medium to the next should(/when) the show is axed. It also provides NBC with a means to cushion the PR blow of cancelling its longest-running serial. "It will live on - online!"

JDeveraux_91
Member Avatar

DAYSisHOT
Apr 5 2014, 11:25 AM
I wonder if this is sometime of survival plan for Days once it is cancelled on NBC. if they can get this website going strong once NBC finally pulls the plug, Days may survive in some format on the web.
I'm thinking the same thing. Then again, is that much of a survival plan since other web soaps have been cancelled? I know that The Bay is still on (I think) but it doesn't seem like the others have been very successful online. Or maybe they have and I haven't noticed?
Edited by JDeveraux_91, Apr 6 2014, 08:58 AM.

granolagirl
Member Avatar

^There are a ton of webseries still, but I think the idea that there would be a lot of continuity in talent and interest of the audience for conventional soaps and websoaps hasn't necessarily proven to be the case. The material has been more divergent as well.

The Independent Soap Awards were last week and you can see how many series were honored -- http://www.indieseriesawards.com/2014/02/5th-annual-indie-series-awards-nominees.html
Edited by granolagirl, Apr 6 2014, 08:40 PM.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

ShaneDOOLFan

I could see DOOL living in through this platform if it is successful, but I think it is more of a business venture for Corday.

As far as the telenova aspect, I think DOOL is just going to start telling story arcs in general which could have people coming and going a lot more. I think Eve's return is only for a story arc as well. I do hope the show brings in people for the 50th anniversary.

Phoenix Fyre

MissLola
Apr 4 2014, 04:33 PM
Phoenix Fyre
Apr 4 2014, 04:12 PM
God, I hope Corday takes Chester Cheeto and Mumbles McGee off Days and puts them on whatever this crap is going to be.
Who's Mumbles McGee?
Josh Taylor

JDeveraux_91
Member Avatar

granolagirl
Apr 6 2014, 08:37 PM
^There are a ton of webseries still, but I think the idea that there would be a lot of continuity in talent and interest of the audience for conventional soaps and websoaps hasn't necessarily proven to be the case. The material has been more divergent as well.

The Independent Soap Awards were last week and you can see how many series were honored -- http://www.indieseriesawards.com/2014/02/5th-annual-indie-series-awards-nominees.html
Oh wow, I didn't realize how many webseries were out there. Thanks for passing that on. I still have doubts about Days success if they do go to the web for the reasons you said, the continuity in talent and interest of the audience. I can't help but think of the disastrous attempts made by AMC and OLTL to move to the web. At least in the case of OLTL, I can say that it was like a completely different show and it failed to hold my interest. I don't have much confidence that Days would fare much better.

River Song

I'm dizzy from all the spin. :stars:

I remember things much differently with CC. It wasn't pretty at all.

Yoryla
Member Avatar

LOL - didn't I just know when I opened this thread now for the first time, that it would be filled with KA vs. CC conversation.

I have absolutely no stake in that game, I think they're both great talents at what they do.

I don't think this venture has or will have anything to do with Days, and the only reason it involves CC is because she has actually done this a few times and probably knows what she's doing.

Charmbracelet
Member Avatar

I hope it's not like CC's paid subscription also. Letting fans decide casting and story is very nice and I hope they run at least 25-30 mins and not 5-10 mins like indie soaps.

jam6242
Member Avatar

This is an interview with Net Soaps/Net Novelas "founder" Peter Heumiller. Looks as though the fan involvement does not include storyline. He says there might be two or three new episodes a week, at 10-15 minutes each. He's also considering the subscription model similar to that used by Crystal Chappell and notes that her fans "oversubscribe" to her shows.

I'm really getting less and less interested in this venture.

http://streamdaily.tv/2014/04/09/back-from-the-dead-introducing-soap-operas-sexy-digital-twin/
Edited by jam6242, Apr 12 2014, 12:59 PM.

granolagirl
Member Avatar

Sounds like a lot of the reason they want CC is her fan loyalty... which is not a bad reason. But I don't think it will transfer to some new corporate entity. Fans aren't loyal to corporations and won't be oversubscribing to support them.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply