Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Ratings for the week of March 24-28
Topic Started: Apr 5 2014, 10:37 PM (1,578 Views)
lysie
Member Avatar

Total Viewers
1. Y&R 4,808,000 (-134,000/+53,000)
2. B&B 3,687,000 (-198,000/+294,000)
3. GH 3,058,000 (+417,000/+304,000)
4. DAYS 2,445,000 (-31,000/+12,000)

Households
1. Y&R 3.5/11 (-.1/same)
2. B&B 2.7/8 (-.1/+.2)
3. GH 2.3/7 (+.3/+.3)
4. DAYS 1.9/6 (same/+.1)

Women 18-49 Viewers
1. Y&R 801,000 (-25,000/-86,000)
2. GH 773,000 (+185,000/+151,000)
3. B&B 656,000 (-39,000/-22,000)
4. DAYS 597,000 (+21,000/+47,000)

Women 18-49 Rating
1. Y&R 1.3/8 (same/-.1)
2. GH 1.2/8 (+.3/+.2)
3. B&B 1.0/7 (-.1/-.1)
4. DAYS 0.9/6 (same/same)

Women 18-34 Viewers
1. GH 233,000 (+47,000/+25,000)
2. Y&R 230,000 (+8,000/-18,000)
3. B&B 189,000 (-23,000/+30,000)
4. DAYS 170,000 (+12,000/+2,000)

Women 18-34 Rating
1. Y&R 0.7 (same/same)
1. GH 0.7 (+.1/+.1)
3. B&B 0.6 (same/+.1)
4. DAYS 0.5 (same/same)

Women 25-54 Viewers
1. Y&R 1,132,000 (-40,000/-86,000)
2. GH 1,017,000 (+204,000/+182,000)
3. B&B 915,000 (-39,000/+5,000)
4. DAYS 695,000 (+29,000/-10,000)

Women 25-54 Rating
1. Y&R 1.9 (same/-.1)
2. GH 1.7 (+.4/+.3)
3. B&B 1.5 (-.1/same)
4. DAYS 1.1 (same/-.1)

Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

lysie
Member Avatar

DAYS
Monday: 1.9/2,406,000
Tuesday: 1.9/2,499,000
Wednesday: 1.9/2,596,000
Thursday: 1.8/2,368,000
Friday: 1.8/2,357,000

lysie
Member Avatar

Definitely not great for Days, but not particularly bad either...and probably pretty typical for March. Next week will be interesting.

titan1978
Member Avatar

WTH was on GH? Was that the party? I guess people really wanted to see Britt's life explode and Lulu to get her baby.

outrageous
Member Avatar

Here we go with the under 2.0 ratings.

SunAngel
Member Avatar

Not surprised. This show has been very boring to watch in the last few weeks. Tedious actually. Dannifer front and center again, you can't run away from them. This Liam stalker angle is a disaster. It's not compelling, the only 'entertaining' aspect about it is that it's so bad, it can actually be funny. Ericole are ruined, the EJami/EJabby story lost steam. There is literally nothing. It's a shame because the show was so good just a few months back, it was the best soap on TV, and now it's looking like the worst soap out there.

Hugo
Member Avatar

Creatively, January and February were great months for DAYS. March was pretty boring.
I'm afraid the new viewers gained at the beginning of the year might be all gone soon if April is not better.
The WilSon Wedding was a good way to start the month, but other storylines need to progress too, they can't hold everything exciting for May sweeps and expect the ratings to stay high.

magicsteacher
Member Avatar

SunAngel
Apr 6 2014, 04:41 AM
Not surprised. This show has been very boring to watch in the last few weeks. Tedious actually. Dannifer front and center again, you can't run away from them. This Liam stalker angle is a disaster. It's not compelling, the only 'entertaining' aspect about it is that it's so bad, it can actually be funny. Ericole are ruined, the EJami/EJabby story lost steam. There is literally nothing. It's a shame because the show was so good just a few months back, it was the best soap on TV, and now it's looking like the worst soap out there.
Like this post!

lovinsafe
Member Avatar

WOW what an awesome week for GH!

DiMeraFan67
Member Avatar

Not really good or bad for Days. The show has been boring as hell so I didn't have any expectations. They're in the ratings zone that I don't like at all right now and with GH jumping up so much it makes it look even worse. Hopefully the Wilson wedding pops the ratings.

I'm way behind on GH so I can't give the show an honest assessment but 90% of my Twitter timeline is ripping the show to shreds, including the people who are always overly positive and full of praise. So it must be pretty bad. People always go for the big reveals though so it shouldn't be that surprising, but its still an impressive week for them.

blueskies
Member Avatar

strange from those numbers the other three soaps have way more people aged 50-55 watching their shows than they do 18-24 (okay that's not the surprising part). The surprising part is the other 3 have 250-350K more while Days doesn't even break 100K more.
Edited by blueskies, Apr 6 2014, 11:06 AM.

daysmemories
Member Avatar

outrageous
Apr 6 2014, 12:29 AM
Here we go with the under 2.0 ratings.
Expected since Days has gone back to the same dynamics from last year.

magicsteacher
Member Avatar

Yep, Days is back to the 1.8s and 1.9s. Sure, no doubt, the ratings will pop for the Wilson wedding, but that's only a one week thing. The stories are back to being plodding and slow moving with the same few characters front and center week after week. Add to that the fact that Days couldn't write a romantic love story if their lives depended on it.

GH, on the other hand, moves their stories along and writes good drama and romance, not to mention that their sets and wardrobe are far better than Days'.

lysie
Member Avatar

magicsteacher
Apr 6 2014, 03:01 PM
Yep, Days is back to the 1.8s and 1.9s. Sure, no doubt, the ratings will pop for the Wilson wedding, but that's only a one week thing. The stories are back to being plodding and slow moving with the same few characters front and center week after week. Add to that the fact that Days couldn't write a romantic love story if their lives depended on it.

GH, on the other hand, moves their stories along and writes good drama and romance, not to mention that their sets and wardrobe are far better than Days'.
I'm not so sure they'll be much better for the wedding...the one they chose to have during a non sweeps month.

magicsteacher
Member Avatar

lysie
Apr 6 2014, 03:05 PM
magicsteacher

I'm not so sure they'll be much better for the wedding...the one they chose to have during a non sweeps month.
I was trying to give them the benefit of the doubt...LOL..but you are probably right.

thepadange

magicsteacher

I agree on wardrobe but GH's sets are quite awful, IMO.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Yoryla
Member Avatar

Glad to see that DAYS didn't lose any.

I do not know what is going on with GH. How they were able to get those kinds of ratings is a total mystery to me, considering what kind of show it is now. However, I suppose the engagement party scenes were a bit of a big deal. I just was not invested in Lulu having any sort of a child. But that's another story. I can understand the viewers wanting to see that particular party. However, after that, and last week, will be very interesting to see. The show was awful, and I'm not going to watch anything other except possibly the Lucas scenes, if there are any.

DiMeraFan67
Member Avatar

thepadange
Apr 6 2014, 03:32 PM
magicsteacher

The Metro Court rooms are infinitely better than any hotel/bedroom set on Days. Anna's office alone is bigger than most of the Days sets. I haven't watched GH in a couple of weeks but I don't recall any of their sets not looking good, especially compared to the shit that Days produces.

lovinsafe
Member Avatar

DiMeraFan67
Apr 7 2014, 09:57 AM
thepadange
Apr 6 2014, 03:32 PM
magicsteacher

The Metro Court rooms are infinitely better than any hotel/bedroom set on Days. Anna's office alone is bigger than most of the Days sets. I haven't watched GH in a couple of weeks but I don't recall any of their sets not looking good, especially compared to the shit that Days produces.
I agreeÖ.GH they have actual offices, and donít have to sit at a table in a town square to conduct business! They have homes and apartment that are bigger then a closet! I assume Salem is close to Chicago and all winter long the trees and bushes are green NO snow, they ran around in sleeveless tops, leather jackets, and 8 inch heels, The clothes on GH are what normal viewers would wear; they arenít so tight that the women have to constantly tug and pull on them so their vajayjay and boobs arenít showing! The wardrobe and sets on these two soaps are as different as night and day!

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

GH's gain make DAYS look like utter shit here.

The show has sucked HARD in March (and so far in April as well)...I expect more declines as the show once again has decided to throw their cart behind the Fetch horse.
Edited by Mitchapalooza, Apr 7 2014, 01:34 PM.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · General Daytime News · Next Topic »
Add Reply