Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Ratings for the week of March 24-28
Topic Started: Apr 5 2014, 10:37 PM (1,553 Views)
Grandpa Hughes
Member Avatar
"Dedicated to the brotherhood of healing. "

GH has much better production values overall than Days, no question IMO. The script writing is more consistent than Days also. Some episodes of Days have scripts that knock it out of the park and others have complete duds. The pacing of GH episodes seems better too. As far as using old favorites /veterans, GH gives them more subplots but they tend to trail off not to be followed up on for weeks and while flashier about it, GH is not much different than DAYS as far as screen time for these characters. I think GH is about to experience an audience backlash due to plotting weaknesses and the treatment of some characters. I would love to see DAYS tweak a few things and use Hope as their central romantic heroine instead of the brittle and not very likeable Jennifer. I hope DAYS bounces back in the ratings.
Edited by Grandpa Hughes, Apr 7 2014, 07:11 PM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Kirk
Member Avatar
Captain Kirk

May Sweeps should be good for DAYS but if April is as bad as March viewers just aren't going to care. John is back and barely does anything. Where is Hope's big story? Why not kill Bo off and actually give her more than high school talks with Aiden. DAYS has a capable teen set and they are so goody goody it's just pathetic. DAYS imo need Belle and Shawn on canvas. Right now the show just plain sucks.

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

Kirk
Apr 7 2014, 07:35 PM
May Sweeps should be good for DAYS but if April is as bad as March viewers just aren't going to care. John is back and barely does anything. Where is Hope's big story? Why not kill Bo off and actually give her more than high school talks with Aiden. DAYS has a capable teen set and they are so goody goody it's just pathetic. DAYS imo need Belle and Shawn on canvas. Right now the show just plain sucks.
I agree fully with all of this.

Marlene

Trying to look on the bright side. The ratings are pretty consistent throughout the week and although they're below 2.0, they're not in the 1.7 or lower range. :) :) :)

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · General Daytime News · Next Topic »
Add Reply