Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
MF: Short Interview with Eric Martsolf; EM teases the upcoming return of Eileen Davidson
Topic Started: Apr 6 2014, 01:27 PM (2,562 Views)
freedom

Yoryla
Apr 6 2014, 05:13 PM
I especially loved how Eric said that people (including cast members) are just sitting in the make up room in awe of her performances.

I hope her character is currently bitch-slapping Theresa from here to kingdom-come.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

missmeka1987_
Member Avatar

The only reason why people love Kristen's character is because she plays crazy well. I like her character actually love but to me she over acts. Her, Alison(who's over-acting is rubbing off on James Scott a little) and Shawn Christian are always over the top over acting. Kate Mansi is terrible she shows no emotion I don't believe her acting. Deidre always looking in a daze. In my opinion Arianne Zucker is the best actress on the show hands down. When she cries I cry, when she laughs I laugh, when she's angry I'm angry that's the kind of actress I love.

Kaha
Member Avatar

Tara
Apr 6 2014, 03:02 PM
I must be the only one that don't care for ED.
I don't like the character. And I don't like the whole dynamic with Brady, the rape and the fact she was discussing the rape with her twisted father. The whole thing is sick. Kristen is also such an over the top character it's hard for me to like.

nananana7
Member Avatar

Kaha
Apr 6 2014, 06:46 PM
I don't like the character. And I don't like the whole dynamic with Brady, the rape and the fact she was discussing the rape with her twisted father. The whole thing is sick. Kristen is also such an over the top character it's hard for me to like.

I agree with this.

phloe3

I wonder if Kristin coming back will be the end of Teresa and Brady. I doubt it

freedom

phloe3
Apr 6 2014, 08:49 PM
I hope so. Theresa makes me want to punch someone in the face

Dreamy
Member Avatar

Cannot wait for ED's return!

ShaneDOOLFan

I just wish I knew she was sharing scenes with Deidre Hall. I need to see that rivalry again!

rknudson78
Member Avatar

I can't stand Kristen either. Hope she's isn't back very long.

lysie
Member Avatar

Yoryla
I especially loved how Eric said that people (including cast members) are just sitting in the make up room in awe of her performances.

I also loved how he said she is now looking better than ever! I didn't know that was possible!
The same people weeping over the lame ass Wilson wedding, lol. She's so over hyped at this point. I wish they'd chill. Days overhyping her then last time was a major thing that turned me off of the show, and I was excited for her return.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

daysjahvu
Member Avatar

I think the hard part about the hype is the lag time between when they are on set and the character makes it on screen. KDP has been there for months & we have yet to see Eve. I'm not sure I'm going to care by the time she & ED make it to my TV.

TreasureCove
Member Avatar

I was unaware of the months ahead filming schedual for Days when I saw somewhere online that BD was shooting scenes for Lucas return. I mentioned to some people that Lucas was coming back and they were excited about it.

two or three months later: :-/ Where is he? You said he was coming back.

four months later: What'd you lie for? :glare:

Me: I didn't lie! I just told you what I read, they lied!

lysie
Member Avatar

daysjahvu
Apr 6 2014, 11:42 PM
I think the hard part about the hype is the lag time between when they are on set and the character makes it on screen. KDP has been there for months & we have yet to see Eve. I'm not sure I'm going to care by the time she & ED make it to my TV.
I agree. I also think that in Eileen's case it's just not needed. I'm basically programmed to side eye this kind of pimping, and I find it all the more frustrating when it's for someone that I probably would have enjoyed for the most part if they hadn't overdone it.

BeeBee
Member Avatar

TreasureCove
Apr 7 2014, 12:15 AM
I was unaware of the months ahead filming schedual for Days when I saw somewhere online that BD was shooting scenes for Lucas return. I mentioned to some people that Lucas was coming back and they were excited about it.

two or three months later: :-/ Where is he? You said he was coming back.

four months later: What'd you lie for? :glare:

Me: I didn't lie! I just told you what I read, they lied!
My coworkers watch Days and one gets SOD so they provide paper,I print copies of spoilers and interesting stories to give to them and I get the SOD after they are done reading it.It only takes a couple of days so they read what I read then we discuss it although not in depth like here.Although I must admit we don't disagree as much about the characters in our discussions at work.

DeeDee Barone
Member Avatar

So excited for ED's return :) Her last stint was genius. This woman she was born to star in soaps - a true star and a one-of-a-kind talent. They need to pay her whatever it costs to keep her long-term. Money should be no object.

Yoryla
Member Avatar

freedom
Apr 6 2014, 09:05 PM
phloe3
Apr 6 2014, 08:49 PM
I hope so. Theresa makes me want to punch someone in the face
Ditto!!!

Yoryla
Member Avatar

ShaneDOOLFan
Apr 6 2014, 09:12 PM
I just wish I knew she was sharing scenes with Deidre Hall. I need to see that rivalry again!
I think that they cannot have her not have scenes with DH.

Yoryla
Member Avatar

lysie
Apr 6 2014, 11:30 PM
Yoryla

I also loved how he said she is now looking better than ever! I didn't know that was possible!
The same people weeping over the lame ass Wilson wedding, lol. She's so over hyped at this point. I wish they'd chill. Days overhyping her then last time was a major thing that turned me off of the show, and I was excited for her return.
:coldg:

But I want you to like this. :D
Edited by Yoryla, Apr 7 2014, 06:06 AM.

thepadange

I, actually, don't care, are they silent or are they "pimping" something/somebody, when or where they release their casting news, is somebody over-hyped or under-hyped. Nothing of that PR stuff makes any difference to me. I only care about the s/ls I watch, I either like them or not. I, really, loved ED's last stint as Kristen and that's why I'm happy she's back. I don't expect too much this time because it's only a story arc. I'm not sure the writing team can write well a short-term s/l.

BTW, in this particular case I don't think Martsolf is "pimping" her return. It sounds like he really loves working with Eileen and is genuinely elated that she's back for now.

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

Can someone give a summary of what he said? My speakers at work are broken :(

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
ZetaBoards gives you all the tools to create a successful discussion community.
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply