Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Monday, April 7th Daily Discussion
Topic Started: Apr 7 2014, 02:51 AM (9,575 Views)
gailwinters
Member Avatar

Aimikins
Apr 8 2014, 12:05 PM
JM was hitting the cur cards pretty hard on this episode. Never saw it prior to today.
Someone else mentioned that to me. I need to watch again because I didn't notice.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Yoryla
Member Avatar

Rosebud
Apr 8 2014, 07:42 AM
lysie
Apr 8 2014, 12:09 AM
I dont' even know what to do with Stefano saying, "banging"
I thought that was so OOC. Funny maybe, but Stefano would never say that. Just so bad.
Pinch yourself, cause I'm about to agree.

Stefano would NOT say that in a million years.

Victor, maybe. Stefano, no.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

concerned
Member Avatar

Supergirlx2
Apr 8 2014, 07:45 AM
concerned
Apr 8 2014, 01:37 AM
KAM
Apr 7 2014, 12:39 PM
Oh. looks as if Aiden may become Marlena's patient. Something of potential future interest to watch, maybe. Grasping for a lifeline here.
I think it will be for Chase rather than Aiden.
But why would Aiden be seeking psychiatric help for Chase at this point?
You have a small child whose lost his mother, been moved to another town, is having issues with bullies I'm thinking some sort of counseling might be warranted.

concerned
Member Avatar

nananana7
Apr 8 2014, 10:25 AM
In my opinion, Nick does NOT have caring, loving, compassionate feelings about Gabi.
He just wants to own her or possess her ... as he did with prior women on the show.
He may *think* this is love, but it is not.

He isn't trying to reform so as to give Gabi a life filled with goodness.

He's maintaining a facade in front of Gabi, so that he can reel her in.

When an abuse victim tries to assert her own rights by leaving or limiting contact in a dysfunctional relationship, she gets “sucked back in” when the perpetrator temporarily exhibits improved or desirable behavior.

Once he has Gabi alone, and in his possession -- perhaps in another city -- he will control her and abuse her more blatantly.
So many interchangeable names.

concerned
Member Avatar

Grandpa Hughes
Apr 8 2014, 10:41 AM
Yoryla
Apr 8 2014, 06:40 AM
I could not *believe* Nicole would talk that way to Marlena and cause such a scene in a public place. Calling her a bitch, really? Omg.

I know Marlena's not her favorite person, but she is her senior and should not be talked to in that way.

She has really sunk to the lowest of the lows.
And for some reason Marlena seemed vulnerable during that attack, at least to me. DH looks great for her age and it doesn't often come into play but it was unpleasant seeing her yelled over while she tried to say 'Could you keep your voice down ' or something. It bothered me and I usually enjoy characters crossing swords.
OK I am going to have to watch those scenes again because I really didn't notice the yelling. It was more of an insistent voice than yelling.

The one who was yelling was Eric.

concerned
Member Avatar

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gm88rcE44Bs&list=UUu_N5jPS5NdU3fknvi8mo_Q

Yeah have looked it over again I really don't see how that is yelling.

And I'd add to that that Nicole was in mid rant so if anyone was interjecting and talking over anyone it was Marlena.

Just because Marlena is 100% in the right and the goddess of Days doesn't mean every character (particularly Nicole) needs to bow down and worship at her feet.
Edited by concerned, Apr 8 2014, 04:52 PM.

concerned
Member Avatar

This is Nicole yelling.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xcQdStPFgtE

concerned
Member Avatar

And this story would have so much been enough . The shredded evidence is just so unnecessary other than to erode any support for Nicole.

concerned
Member Avatar

Oh and I'm not sure Gabi is as clueless as everyone thinks she is.

First person to both lock the door and remember that someone else has a key during couch sex.

concerned
Member Avatar

and this is Nicole yelling ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KauzD2qgBq0&list=PLuhzm5AhN2a5BaL3T2UPbvBrSsL-ksm6F&index=64

nananana7

nananana7
In my opinion, Nick does NOT have caring, loving, compassionate feelings about Gabi.
He just wants to own her or possess her ... as he did with prior women on the show.

When an abuse victim tries to assert her own rights by leaving or limiting contact in a dysfunctional relationship, she gets “sucked back in” when the perpetrator temporarily exhibits improved or desirable behavior.

Once he has Gabi alone, and in his possession -- perhaps in another city -- he will control her and abuse her more blatantly.
concerned
Apr 8 2014, 04:44 PM
So many interchangeable names.
Yup.
Sami treated Austin the same way that Nick treats Gabi.
And EJ has been that way towards Sami.
And Kristen towards Brady.
Etc
etc
etc

lysie
Member Avatar

concerned
Apr 8 2014, 04:49 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gm88rcE44Bs&list=UUu_N5jPS5NdU3fknvi8mo_Q

Yeah have looked it over again I really don't see how that is yelling.

And I'd add to that that Nicole was in mid rant so if anyone was interjecting and talking over anyone it was Marlena.

Just because Marlena is 100% in the right and the goddess of Days doesn't mean every character (particularly Nicole) needs to bow down and worship at her feet.
I feel like you chose really odd people to say this to.

concerned
Member Avatar

/\ Sorry my response wasn't really based on the posters ( or choosing people to say that to) it was more a difference of opinion / different interpretation of the scene.

I just didn't get from the scene that Nicole was yelling at Marlena (as the majority of posters did) I've seen Nicole yell on the show and that to me is not her yelling. Maybe she was supposed to yell at Marlena and AZ lowered it down a notch. Eric talks about in the next scene how she was "screaming" and causing a scene but my interpretation of the scene based on what was shown is at worst it was a slightly raised voice. If anyone caused a scene it was Eric yelling (and I consider that he yelled) across the corridor.

Nicole was definitely stupid to open with the phrase "you bitch" really any argument she had was going to fall down from then on in but they seem to throw that term around so loosely these days that it wouldn't surprise me if people in Salem now believe that is a perfectly good substitute for a general greeting.

I think if Nicole had had this interaction with anyone other than Marlena ( although probably Caroline and Kayla and Hope wouldn't have been good either) it wouldn't have been considered yelling.

But I like the dynamic that Marlena is not on board with Eric and Nicole . She should be wary and suspicious. He should be put in the difficult position of trying to reconcile a relationship between a girlfriend and his mother who don't necessarily have the same values or approached to life.

What I don't like is the reasons they have given for Marlena not being on board. The whole we don't like her because she broke your heart when she married Lucas thing is total rubbish. There are a ton more viable reasons for Marlena to intensely dislike and distrust Nicole.

I also believe Nicole has a history of being judged and condemned by Marlena and other people she sees to be like her so the character has a reason to feel threatened by her.
Edited by concerned, Apr 8 2014, 06:50 PM.

BeeBee
Member Avatar

nananana7

I understand that others are speculating concerning Nick's true motives regarding Gabi and his future behavior but it is just that,speculation.We don't have to speculate with EJ we have seen what he has actually done to Sami and her family and we have seen that Sami knows what EJ has done to her and her family but she is lauded for
"standing by her man" and "fighting for her true love" and giving him another chance( I was going to say a second chance which would clearly be absurd based on their past relationship.) because he has changed despite his continuing illegal behavior,his concealment of evidence that his sister raped her brother,his affair with Abby,and continuning to lie and conceal things from her despite his protestations that they have no secrets.Is EJ exhibiting caring ,loving ,compassinate feeling about Sami? Is EJ trying to reform: Is EJ showing his true colors to Sami?Are Sami and EJ in a well functioning relationship or EJ temporarily exhibiting improved desirable behavior?

I am only saying based on their past relationship,what we have seen occur between them, and the harm Nick has intentionally done to Gabi (aside from the assault in the park),her daughter,and her brother,Gabi has more justification her belief that Nich has changed and for giving Nick another chance than Sami has to believe EJ has changed and to give EJ another chance. I don't understand why Gabi is a selfish manipulative evil baby stealing bitch who is too stupid to live because she does not despise and repudiate Nick but Sami is the intelligent feisty gritty heroine standing up to her family and fighting for the man she loves and who has every right to get in Gabi's face and call her stupid for even speaking to Nick.

blueskies
Member Avatar

finally watching Monday's eppi. This hasn't been a great few weeks/months for them (minus the wedding of course but even that lacked build up).

The good,

-Gabi calling out EJ on his past involving Fafe; I may have hated the Fafe storyline, but it bothers me even more when they ignore history.
-Scenes with Hope; not much happening, but enertaining enough
-Marlena's hair looked nice
-Theresa the snow queen was, like the scenes with Hope, entertaining enough

the bad,
-pretty much everything else including the creepy priest who i expect to try and feel up Nicole at some point in the future.

BeeBee
Member Avatar

SoapGal1
Apr 8 2014, 12:08 PM
lysie
Apr 8 2014, 12:13 AM
Idk which is worse in these Stefano/EJ scenes - the dialogue or the acting.
Those were some of the worst acted scenes Ive seen JS do.

His "Zoiks" face when he tries to deny his affair was downright laughable.
I know you mean laughably bad but I genuinely laughed during the Stefano/EJ scenes.The shock value of the "banging Abigail Deveraux" which was out of character for Stefano made be laugh and EJ's face when Stefano said this.It was the same look he had on his face when Sami said,"Abigail is pregnant.".I also genuinely laughed when he got indignant and began to bluster all that nonsense about loving Sami and Abigail being a wonderful girl.I half expected him to said,"How dare you suggest......"He looked like a weasel or cornered rat until Stefano mentioned Dr.Garcia at which time he knew the jig was up and he could cut the sh-t.I also liked how qucikly he dropped the act and got down to business trying to find out what Stefano intended to do with the information,what he wanted in exchange for keeping quiet.Really very funny to me although I know its in the eye of the beholder.
I didn't have a problem with Nicole eavesdropping and telling Marlena not to try to interfere with her and Eric.I had a problem with Nicole calling Eric's mother a bitch.
Especially since she knows she was wrong to destroy the evidence that could have cleared Eric's name in in effort to hold onto him which is clearly manipulative.
Edited by BeeBee, Apr 8 2014, 08:22 PM.

Kaha
Member Avatar

concerned
Apr 8 2014, 06:50 PM
/\ Sorry my response wasn't really based on the posters ( or choosing people to say that to) it was more a difference of opinion / different interpretation of the scene.

I just didn't get from the scene that Nicole was yelling at Marlena (as the majority of posters did) I've seen Nicole yell on the show and that to me is not her yelling. Maybe she was supposed to yell at Marlena and AZ lowered it down a notch. Eric talks about in the next scene how she was "screaming" and causing a scene but my interpretation of the scene based on what was shown is at worst it was a slightly raised voice. If anyone caused a scene it was Eric yelling (and I consider that he yelled) across the corridor.

Nicole was definitely stupid to open with the phrase "you bitch" really any argument she had was going to fall down from then on in but they seem to throw that term around so loosely these days that it wouldn't surprise me if people in Salem now believe that is a perfectly good substitute for a general greeting.

I think if Nicole had had this interaction with anyone other than Marlena ( although probably Caroline and Kayla and Hope wouldn't have been good either) it wouldn't have been considered yelling.

But I like the dynamic that Marlena is not on board with Eric and Nicole . She should be wary and suspicious. He should be put in the difficult position of trying to reconcile a relationship between a girlfriend and his mother who don't necessarily have the same values or approached to life.

What I don't like is the reasons they have given for Marlena not being on board. The whole we don't like her because she broke your heart when she married Lucas thing is total rubbish. There are a ton more viable reasons for Marlena to intensely dislike and distrust Nicole.

I also believe Nicole has a history of being judged and condemned by Marlena and other people she sees to be like her so the character has a reason to feel threatened by her.
I think she was yelling at Marlena and was attacking her without any justification. Calling the mother of your boyfriend a bitch is a big no-no. What Marlena talks to her son about is between mother and son. Nicole has her beef with her man, not his mother. And calling her names and yelling at her at her workplace is just wrong. I am actually disappointed in Eric for not standing up for his mom.

nananana7

(delete)
Edited by nananana7, Apr 8 2014, 09:18 PM.

concerned
Member Avatar

/\ I feel she was justified in being upset with Marlena. Marlena's been playing games with her and Nicole knows she wants her out of her son's life. Marlena doesn't seem to be respecting Eric's choices in life. Nicole wouldn't be the first character to jump to the wrong conclusion. She admitted she was wrong later on in the waiting room and said she was sorry.

Eric and Nicole just don't use the same love language. He was very distant and completely un-reassuring. He isn't giving her the affirmation she needs with the delivery method that she needs at the moment and I'm glad she's finally waking up and appearing to stand up for herself and stand up for some of the things she needs rather than let it continue on as a one way taking street. All in all I'm kind of glad she's kicking him to the kerb.
(although I'm hoping he will rise to the challenge and prove himself).

The evidence is just stupid. She's just lived this exact storyline from the other side.
One person has secret that they lie about to the other and the other person can't get past the betrayal when they inevitably find out. It is beyond ridiculous that she hasn't been able to connect the dots. I'll put that whole part of the storyline in the same box as the John decides to sleep with Kristen to save Brady story.
I'll

nananana7

BeeBee
Apr 8 2014, 08:03 PM
I understand that others are speculating concerning Nick's true motives regarding Gabi and his future behavior but it is just that,speculation.We don't have to speculate with EJ we have seen what he has actually done to Sami and her family and we have seen that Sami knows what EJ has done to her and her family but she is lauded for
"standing by her man" and "fighting for her true love" and giving him another chance( I was going to say a second chance which would clearly be absurd based on their past relationship.) because he has changed despite his continuing illegal behavior,his concealment of evidence that his sister raped her brother,his affair with Abby,and continuning to lie and conceal things from her despite his protestations that they have no secrets.Is EJ exhibiting caring ,loving ,compassinate feeling about Sami? Is EJ trying to reform: Is EJ showing his true colors to Sami?Are Sami and EJ in a well functioning relationship or EJ temporarily exhibiting improved desirable behavior?

I am only saying based on their past relationship,what we have seen occur between them, and the harm Nick has intentionally done to Gabi (aside from the assault in the park),her daughter,and her brother,Gabi has more justification her belief that Nich has changed and for giving Nick another chance than Sami has to believe EJ has changed and to give EJ another chance. I don't understand why Gabi is a selfish manipulative evil baby stealing bitch who is too stupid to live because she does not despise and repudiate Nick but Sami is the intelligent feisty gritty heroine standing up to her family and fighting for the man she loves and who has every right to get in Gabi's face and call her stupid for even speaking to Nick.

In my opinion:
Sami is wrong to to believe EJ has changed on anything more than a surface level.

I think Sami should repudiate EJ's prior treatment of her and her loved ones.
Sami is wrong to forgive EJ and his cirmes and rapes
and she is wrong to allow her children to live with EJ.

Sami hasn't been a feisty heroine since before 2006 when she met EJ.

I think Nick hasn't done as many evil things as EJ -- only because Nick is younger.
Nick is an "attempted rapist". EJ is a multiple rapist.
Who knows where Nick will be in several years?

I think Gabi hasn't done as many twisted things as Sami -- only because Gabi is younger.
(By "twisted", in this context, I mean "distorted due to life experience").

I would *not* say that Gabi is too stupid to live.

I want Gabi to see *objectively* how crazy Sami is for adoring EJ.
I don't want Gabi to try to model her life after horribly dysfunctional Sami's life.

I agree that some Salem residents seem to have accepted the Sami-EJ relationship,
and I agree that such recognition/acceptance of Ejami makes no sense!

I would like Gabi to *reject* any acceptance of Ejami.
I don't want Gabi to think that "EJ has changed" or "EJ's crimes are forgivable".

I want Gabi to recognize what's WRONG with Sami and EJ.
I want Gabi to figure out that "standing by your man" isn't always the best option.
I want Gabi to figure out that it's inappropriate for Sami to believe in EJ.
(I don't think Gabi will learn this -- but I *want* her to).

-- and then ... after Gabi figures out that Sami's blind adoration of EJ is wrong,
and that Sami shouldn't want her kids around EJ's influence.
I want Gabi to *reflect* and think: "hmmmm maybe my blind adoration of Nick is wrong,
and Arianna shouldn't be around Nick's influence"
Edited by nananana7, Apr 8 2014, 09:20 PM.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums with no limits on posts or members.
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply