Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Monday, April 7th Daily Discussion
Topic Started: Apr 7 2014, 02:51 AM (9,699 Views)
Tripp
Member Avatar
Geekette

nananana7
Apr 8 2014, 09:14 PM
BeeBee
Apr 8 2014, 08:03 PM
I understand that others are speculating concerning Nick's true motives regarding Gabi and his future behavior but it is just that,speculation.We don't have to speculate with EJ we have seen what he has actually done to Sami and her family and we have seen that Sami knows what EJ has done to her and her family but she is lauded for
"standing by her man" and "fighting for her true love" and giving him another chance( I was going to say a second chance which would clearly be absurd based on their past relationship.) because he has changed despite his continuing illegal behavior,his concealment of evidence that his sister raped her brother,his affair with Abby,and continuning to lie and conceal things from her despite his protestations that they have no secrets.Is EJ exhibiting caring ,loving ,compassinate feeling about Sami? Is EJ trying to reform: Is EJ showing his true colors to Sami?Are Sami and EJ in a well functioning relationship or EJ temporarily exhibiting improved desirable behavior?

I am only saying based on their past relationship,what we have seen occur between them, and the harm Nick has intentionally done to Gabi (aside from the assault in the park),her daughter,and her brother,Gabi has more justification her belief that Nich has changed and for giving Nick another chance than Sami has to believe EJ has changed and to give EJ another chance. I don't understand why Gabi is a selfish manipulative evil baby stealing bitch who is too stupid to live because she does not despise and repudiate Nick but Sami is the intelligent feisty gritty heroine standing up to her family and fighting for the man she loves and who has every right to get in Gabi's face and call her stupid for even speaking to Nick.

In my opinion:
Sami is wrong to to believe EJ has changed on anything more than a surface level.

I think Sami should repudiate EJ's prior treatment of her and her loved ones.
Sami is wrong to forgive EJ and his cirmes and rapes
and she is wrong to allow her children to live with EJ.

Sami hasn't been a feisty heroine since before 2006 when she met EJ.

I think Nick hasn't done as many evil things as EJ -- only because Nick is younger.
Nick is an "attempted rapist". EJ is a multiple rapist.
Who knows where Nick will be in several years?

I think Gabi hasn't done as many twisted things as Sami -- only because Gabi is younger.
(By "twisted", in this context, I mean "distorted due to life experience").

I would *not* say that Gabi is too stupid to live.

I want Gabi to see *objectively* how crazy Sami is for adoring EJ.
I don't want Gabi to try to model her life after horribly dysfunctional Sami's life.

I agree that some Salem residents seem to have accepted the Sami-EJ relationship,
and I agree that such recognition/acceptance of Ejami makes no sense!

I would like Gabi to *reject* any acceptance of Ejami.
I don't want Gabi to think that "EJ has changed" or "EJ's crimes are forgivable".

I want Gabi to recognize what's WRONG with Sami and EJ.
I want Gabi to figure out that "standing by your man" isn't always the best option.
I want Gabi to figure out that it's inappropriate for Sami to believe in EJ.
(I don't think Gabi will learn this -- but I *want* her to).

-- and then ... after Gabi figures out that Sami's blind adoration of EJ is wrong,
and that Sami shouldn't want her kids around EJ's influence.
I want Gabi to *reflect* and think: "hmmmm maybe my blind adoration of Nick is wrong,
and Arianna shouldn't be around Nick's influence"
You know, I hadn't thought about it but that might be a way for the story to go. I hadn't thought that Gabi using Sami/EJ as a rule to think she and Nick would work would make her rethink that once Ejami blows up and are dead and buried.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Kaha
Member Avatar

Tripp
Apr 8 2014, 09:48 PM
nananana7
BeeBee
I understand that others are speculating concerning Nick's true motives regarding Gabi and his future behavior but it is just that,speculation.We don't have to speculate with EJ we have seen what he has actually done to Sami and her family and we have seen that Sami knows what EJ has done to her and her family but she is lauded for
"standing by her man" and "fighting for her true love" and giving him another chance( I was going to say a second chance which would clearly be absurd based on their past relationship.) because he has changed despite his continuing illegal behavior,his concealment of evidence that his sister raped her brother,his affair with Abby,and continuning to lie and conceal things from her despite his protestations that they have no secrets.Is EJ exhibiting caring ,loving ,compassinate feeling about Sami? Is EJ trying to reform: Is EJ showing his true colors to Sami?Are Sami and EJ in a well functioning relationship or EJ temporarily exhibiting improved desirable behavior?

I am only saying based on their past relationship,what we have seen occur between them, and the harm Nick has intentionally done to Gabi (aside from the assault in the park),her daughter,and her brother,Gabi has more justification her belief that Nich has changed and for giving Nick another chance than Sami has to believe EJ has changed and to give EJ another chance. I don't understand why Gabi is a selfish manipulative evil baby stealing bitch who is too stupid to live because she does not despise and repudiate Nick but Sami is the intelligent feisty gritty heroine standing up to her family and fighting for the man she loves and who has every right to get in Gabi's face and call her stupid for even speaking to Nick.

In my opinion:
Sami is wrong to to believe EJ has changed on anything more than a surface level.

I think Nick hasn't done as many evil things as EJ -- only because Nick is younger.

I think Gabi hasn't done as many twisted things as Sami -- only because Gabi is younger.

I don't want Gabi to try to model her life after horribly dysfunctional Sami's life.

I agree that some Salem residents seem to have accepted the Sami-EJ relationship,

I don't want Gabi to think that "EJ has changed" or "EJ's crimes are forgivable".

I want Gabi to figure out that "standing by your man" isn't always the best option.

-- and then ... after Gabi figures out that Sami's blind adoration of EJ is wrong,
I want Gabi to *reflect* and think: "hmmmm maybe my blind adoration of Nick is wrong,
You know, I hadn't thought about it but that might be a way for the story to go. I hadn't thought that Gabi using Sami/EJ as a rule to think she and Nick would work would make her rethink that once Ejami blows up and are dead and buried.
That might not work if Gack blows up before Ejami.

Tripp
Member Avatar
Geekette

Kaha
Apr 8 2014, 09:55 PM
Tripp
Apr 8 2014, 09:48 PM
nananana7
BeeBee

In my opinion:

That might not work if Gack blows up before Ejami.
No it wouldn't but I fully expect Ejami to break up before Nick and Gabi.

Supergirlx2
Member Avatar
"Right now what I like most about Aiden is Hope" ~ DC

Posted Image

Ophelia
Member Avatar

concerned
Apr 8 2014, 06:50 PM
/\ Sorry my response wasn't really based on the posters ( or choosing people to say that to) it was more a difference of opinion / different interpretation of the scene.

I just didn't get from the scene that Nicole was yelling at Marlena (as the majority of posters did) I've seen Nicole yell on the show and that to me is not her yelling. Maybe she was supposed to yell at Marlena and AZ lowered it down a notch. Eric talks about in the next scene how she was "screaming" and causing a scene but my interpretation of the scene based on what was shown is at worst it was a slightly raised voice. If anyone caused a scene it was Eric yelling (and I consider that he yelled) across the corridor.

Nicole was definitely stupid to open with the phrase "you bitch" really any argument she had was going to fall down from then on in but they seem to throw that term around so loosely these days that it wouldn't surprise me if people in Salem now believe that is a perfectly good substitute for a general greeting.

I think if Nicole had had this interaction with anyone other than Marlena ( although probably Caroline and Kayla and Hope wouldn't have been good either) it wouldn't have been considered yelling.

But I like the dynamic that Marlena is not on board with Eric and Nicole . She should be wary and suspicious. He should be put in the difficult position of trying to reconcile a relationship between a girlfriend and his mother who don't necessarily have the same values or approached to life.

What I don't like is the reasons they have given for Marlena not being on board. The whole we don't like her because she broke your heart when she married Lucas thing is total rubbish. There are a ton more viable reasons for Marlena to intensely dislike and distrust Nicole.

I also believe Nicole has a history of being judged and condemned by Marlena and other people she sees to be like her so the character has a reason to feel threatened by her.
I agree with everything you said. I finally watched the argument and Nicole wasn't yelling, although she was speaking firmly. Also, while they were in the hospital, there wasn't anyone else hanging around so I'm not sure anyone but Eric heard the two of them talking. Marlena has plenty of reason to be suspicious of Nicole, but Nicole has plenty of reason to believe that Marlena will sabotage her relationship with Eric at any opportunity.

BeeBee
Member Avatar

nananana7
BeeBee

In my opinion:

I agree with the reasoning in your post.Perhaps Gabi does realize that she really does not want a relationship with Nick and decides to leave Salem to move on with her life ala Chloe with her and Will agreeing to shared custody.Little Arianna can always be seen with Will and Sonny during the time for Will to have custody.Perhaps Gabi will want to find a suitable place for her and Arianna and allow her to remain with Will and Sonny until she is settled.I like that better than her dying ,going to a mental health facility,or jail.They can always recast her if they need a story for her or pehaps CB will want to come back.There are others who have left soaps only to return years later.

Yoryla
Member Avatar

Supergirlx2
Apr 8 2014, 11:11 PM
Okay, I think EM's hot, but this picture is kinda disturbing. Maybe he's just right in the middle of an inhale.
Edited by Yoryla, Apr 9 2014, 06:57 AM.

Yoryla
Member Avatar

Kaha
Apr 8 2014, 08:27 PM
concerned
/\ Sorry my response wasn't really based on the posters ( or choosing people to say that to) it was more a difference of opinion / different interpretation of the scene.

I just didn't get from the scene that Nicole was yelling at Marlena (as the majority of posters did) I've seen Nicole yell on the show and that to me is not her yelling. Maybe she was supposed to yell at Marlena and AZ lowered it down a notch. Eric talks about in the next scene how she was "screaming" and causing a scene but my interpretation of the scene based on what was shown is at worst it was a slightly raised voice. If anyone caused a scene it was Eric yelling (and I consider that he yelled) across the corridor.

Nicole was definitely stupid to open with the phrase "you bitch" really any argument she had was going to fall down from then on in but they seem to throw that term around so loosely these days that it wouldn't surprise me if people in Salem now believe that is a perfectly good substitute for a general greeting.

I think if Nicole had had this interaction with anyone other than Marlena ( although probably Caroline and Kayla and Hope wouldn't have been good either) it wouldn't have been considered yelling.

But I like the dynamic that Marlena is not on board with Eric and Nicole . She should be wary and suspicious. He should be put in the difficult position of trying to reconcile a relationship between a girlfriend and his mother who don't necessarily have the same values or approached to life.

What I don't like is the reasons they have given for Marlena not being on board. The whole we don't like her because she broke your heart when she married Lucas thing is total rubbish. There are a ton more viable reasons for Marlena to intensely dislike and distrust Nicole.

I also believe Nicole has a history of being judged and condemned by Marlena and other people she sees to be like her so the character has a reason to feel threatened by her.
I think she was yelling at Marlena and was attacking her without any justification. Calling the mother of your boyfriend a bitch is a big no-no. What Marlena talks to her son about is between mother and son. Nicole has her beef with her man, not his mother. And calling her names and yelling at her at her workplace is just wrong. I am actually disappointed in Eric for not standing up for his mom.
IMO, not only was it disrespectful, it was stupid of her. I mean, if one has done something, such as Nicole has, having these insecurity-based hissy fits aren't exactly gonna help, are they.

Yoryla
Member Avatar

lysie
Apr 8 2014, 06:10 PM
concerned
Apr 8 2014, 04:49 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gm88rcE44Bs&list=UUu_N5jPS5NdU3fknvi8mo_Q

Yeah have looked it over again I really don't see how that is yelling.

And I'd add to that that Nicole was in mid rant so if anyone was interjecting and talking over anyone it was Marlena.

Just because Marlena is 100% in the right and the goddess of Days doesn't mean every character (particularly Nicole) needs to bow down and worship at her feet.
I feel like you chose really odd people to say this to.
Ha :D
Edited by Yoryla, Apr 9 2014, 07:03 AM.

concerned
Member Avatar

Yoryla
Apr 9 2014, 07:00 AM
Kaha
Apr 8 2014, 08:27 PM
concerned

I think she was yelling at Marlena and was attacking her without any justification. Calling the mother of your boyfriend a bitch is a big no-no. What Marlena talks to her son about is between mother and son. Nicole has her beef with her man, not his mother. And calling her names and yelling at her at her workplace is just wrong. I am actually disappointed in Eric for not standing up for his mom.
IMO, not only was it disrespectful, it was stupid of her. I mean, if one has done something, such as Nicole has, having these insecurity-based hissy fits aren't exactly gonna help, are they.
with Nicole it would probably be more suspicious if she wasnt.

The Room Stops
Member Avatar

Yoryla
Apr 8 2014, 06:40 AM
I could not *believe* Nicole would talk that way to Marlena and cause such a scene in a public place. Calling her a bitch, really? Omg.

I know Marlena's not her favorite person, but she is her senior and should not be talked to in that way.

She has really sunk to the lowest of the lows.
Not to mention, she is the beloved mother of the man she's planning to marry, come hell or high water. So... a little tact.

I hate that they're doing this to Nicole. Again.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply