Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
SOD online: Alicia Leigh Willis to Days
Topic Started: Apr 7 2014, 02:54 PM (4,204 Views)
Jason47
Member Avatar

granolagirl
Apr 7 2014, 04:23 PM
six
Apr 7 2014, 03:11 PM
Wait. Wasn't she so bad that the last time Days tried this, that the scenes had to be reshot?
That was my impression at the time, but Jason has said recently they didn't end up using her because NB came in to shoot. (?)

I always wanted to see her in a Chloe wig just for laughs.
I just added more info above, that's correct yes.

Alicia was there to do the "dry block" in the morning (when they briefly go through the scenes), but she would have stayed and played Chloe on air if Nadia was still not feeling well. Nadia, as you can see, was also already on call and ended up being able to tape the episodes that day.

Posted Image
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

lysie
Member Avatar

six
Apr 7 2014, 04:19 PM
lysie
Apr 7 2014, 03:58 PM
six
Apr 7 2014, 03:42 PM
lysie
Apr 7 2014, 03:26 PM

Quoting limited to 4 levels deep
Hopefully this is the case. That's not what the rumor was, though.
I don't think I ever heard that rumor. But I also don't care if they had brought in Meryl Streep for those scenes. It was stupid of them to do them without Nadia.
I agree that it was dumb of them to try and film those scenes without NB. I'm also surprised you never heard the rumor. It even came up again fairly recently, like earlier this month, someone mentioned NB having to go in sick, because ALW was just that bad. However, I don't remember the original source of the story, so I'm not sure if it was actually from a reputable source or a guess someone made that eventually became a rumor.
Maybe I was just so relieved that I didn't care, lol.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Hamilton
Member Avatar

Jason47
Apr 7 2014, 04:15 PM
missmeka1987_
Apr 7 2014, 03:44 PM
Word on the street is that she's Debra Liam ex wife and she's only on for 3 episodes..
That's is most likely correct, yes. Here's my post about it:

SOAP OPERA DIGEST ANNOUNCES ALICIA LEIGH WILLIS TO GUEST LATER THIS MONTH...POSSIBLY AS LIAM'S EX-WIFE, DEBRA

Additionally, Willis will most likely be playing Debra (whom Liam already said was his ex-wife). Here's the casting call from December 2013, which stated this: "A three-day principal role for Debra, a woman in her early 30s to 40s, blonde, blue-eyed, petite and fit. This character is rebuilding her life after a bad marriage."
Thanks Jason! It's great to have someone so knowledgeable to rely on for accurate information!

Jason47
Member Avatar

Hamilton
Apr 7 2014, 04:35 PM
Thanks Jason! It's great to have someone so knowledgeable to rely on for accurate information!
You're welcome! :)

Rosebud
Member Avatar

Ellie
Apr 7 2014, 02:54 PM
Oh joy. :yawnz:

Yoryla
Member Avatar

blueskies
Apr 7 2014, 04:18 PM
no clue who this is. Just curious what she could possibly do in the Liam storyline? Ex-wife who will come forward and tell everyone she divorced him b/c he's paranoid, possessive, and an all-around nutbag?
That is exactly what I think she will be doing.

Kevc1980
Member Avatar

If it's only 3 episodes, what's the big deal? Nothing to get worked up about..

DiMeraFan67
Member Avatar

I'm actually pretty happy about this. I don't care for the actress much and I obviously couldn't stand Courtney. But this means that she is only going to be around for 3 days. Every time there's a casting call for a real character I worry that she's going to get the job because of her history with the show. They kinda "owe" her for the Chloe mess.

She's going to reveal to someone that Liam is a psychopath and that Dannifer is in danger and then she will be gone. I wonder if she comes to them on her own or if they have to find her to save Daniel and/or Jennifer. That's about the only mystery involved in this obvious role.

six
Member Avatar

Jason47
Apr 7 2014, 04:16 PM
six
Apr 7 2014, 03:42 PM
lysie
Apr 7 2014, 03:26 PM
six
Wait. Wasn't she so bad that the last time Days tried this, that the scenes had to be reshot?
The scenes were reshot because Nadia was able to come back. I was never under the impression it had anything to do with her performance.
Hopefully this is the case. That's not what the rumor was, though.
I have the parking clearance for that day. Both Alicia and Nadia are listed on the call sheet. Alicia was there as a standby, in case Nadia could not tape, but Nadia was eventually able to, so they didn't need to use Alicia.

Posted Image

It specifically states Alicia was there to "dry block" only (which is what they do in the morning before they actually tape the scenes). Nadia was well enough later in the morning to actually do the episodes, but Alicia would have played Chloe if Nadia was still ill that day.
Oh, we simulposted and I didn't see this. Thanks.

NocturnalBlondie
Member Avatar
Make EJ/Abby happen, DAYS!

Nooooooooo!

I was so excited that we avoided ALW's scenes when Nadia Bjorlin got better. I hated her on GH! I hope this is just a short stint!

aimees76
Member Avatar

Well thank goodness it's only 3 days. That's the only nice thing I can say right now :D

missmeka1987_
Member Avatar

Hamilton
Jason47
Apr 7 2014, 04:15 PM
missmeka1987_
Word on the street is that she's Debra Liam ex wife and she's only on for 3 episodes..
That's is most likely correct, yes. Here's my post about it:

SOAP OPERA DIGEST ANNOUNCES ALICIA LEIGH WILLIS TO GUEST LATER THIS MONTH...POSSIBLY AS LIAM'S EX-WIFE, DEBRA

Additionally, Willis will most likely be playing Debra (whom Liam already said was his ex-wife). Here's the casting call from December 2013, which stated this: "A three-day principal role for Debra, a woman in her early 30s to 40s, blonde, blue-eyed, petite and fit. This character is rebuilding her life after a bad marriage."

Jason is great right :)
Edited by missmeka1987_, Apr 7 2014, 06:30 PM.

missmeka1987_
Member Avatar

Jason47
Apr 7 2014, 04:36 PM
Hamilton
You're welcome! :)
Jason I'm new this this how do I put up an Avi pic..I want to put one up of my fav Nicole Walker ^o)

Jason47
Member Avatar

missmeka1987_
Apr 7 2014, 06:32 PM
Jason I'm new this this how do I put up an Avi pic..I want to put one up of my fav Nicole Walker ^o)
I'm the "Days" historian and sneak peeks person, so I'll leave the AVI question to another poster. Even though I have my own website, I don't know too much about computer-tech stuff!!

Welcome to the board! Hope you have a lot of fun here.

:welcome:
Edited by Jason47, Apr 7 2014, 06:36 PM.

Jason47
Member Avatar

six
Apr 7 2014, 05:21 PM
Oh, we simulposted
Hey, I learned a new "combo" word today. Thanks for being my first "simulpost" partner!!

:bye:

T-Love74
Member Avatar

Jason47
Apr 7 2014, 04:26 PM
granolagirl
Apr 7 2014, 04:23 PM
six
That was my impression at the time, but Jason has said recently they didn't end up using her because NB came in to shoot. (?)

I always wanted to see her in a Chloe wig just for laughs.
I just added more info above, that's correct yes.

Alicia was there to do the "dry block" in the morning (when they briefly go through the scenes), but she would have stayed and played Chloe on air if Nadia was still not feeling well. Nadia, as you can see, was also already on call and ended up being able to tape the episodes that day.

Posted Image
Ummm. I've been watching DAYS for 30 years. How the hell did I miss Ed Marinaro??

missmeka1987_
Member Avatar

Jason47
Apr 7 2014, 06:35 PM
missmeka1987_
Apr 7 2014, 06:32 PM
I'm the "Days" historian and sneak peeks person, so I'll leave the AVI question to another poster. Even though I have my own website, I don't know too much about computer-tech stuff!!

Welcome to the board! Hope you have a lot of fun here.

:welcome:

Ok Thankz and I will
;)

King
Member Avatar

I actually remember liking what I saw of her on GH, albeit I was not a regular viewer.

Jason47
Member Avatar

T-Love74
Apr 7 2014, 06:49 PM
Ummm. I've been watching DAYS for 30 years. How the hell did I miss Ed Marinaro??
Ed did just a few episodes as Leo, a friend of Bo's (maybe from Merchant Marines?). He lent them his boat when they were on the run from Hope escaping from prison (where she had been sentenced for attacking all the men of Salem as Nighttime Hope). :)

BeeBee
Member Avatar

missmeka1987_
When I read the post I thought she might be Debra because of his conversation with Jennifer about her.She might provide details from the time they were married that lead the police to figuring out what he is doing to Jennifer,Daniel,and Nicole.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply