Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Huffpost Canada interview with Hall, Hogestyn & Mansi
Topic Started: Apr 8 2014, 01:18 PM (1,515 Views)
Rosebud
Member Avatar

Huffpost Canada Interview With Hall, Hogestyn & Mansi
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Dorothy595
Member Avatar

Just get Marlena and John back together again!!!

Yoryla
Member Avatar

LOL @ Deidre almost going in to the voting matter. She side-stepped it though.

thepadange

I'm wondering now what's better - working 80-90 hours a week or shooting the same amount of episodes in 25-30 hours. Well, I won't speak about the quality, but both can be very exhausting. Couldn't they find some more balanced ways to do this?
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Tammy
Member Avatar

Bahah I would have bought Deidre's book for the title alone if she had called it "Does This Mascara Make My Ass Look Big? LMAO!

No1_ILoveLucyFan
Member Avatar

Good interview!

Panda Panda
Member Avatar

Quote:

Hogestyn: It was like you were on the bench, you were in the hole, you were on deck, you were up to bat and you had four run-throughs so when you got to the show, you were tight.

What the hell?

The Room Stops
Member Avatar

Panda Panda
Apr 8 2014, 04:28 PM
Quote:

Hogestyn: It was like you were on the bench, you were in the hole, you were on deck, you were up to bat and you had four run-throughs so when you got to the show, you were tight.

What the hell?
I've stopped trying to understand all his... baseball talk. I'm Norwegian, so I just play that card.

Yoryla, if you do want to see her at least talk a little about, search for Nelson Branco interviews with her, she talked about it a little more in an interview after she left. Sad thing is, she's absolutely right, the system is effed up and needs to be changed completely. Not just tweaks. But she and several other of the soap superstars have been talking about that for years (Deidre began to mention it in the early 90s), and nothing has been done, so I don't think it's likely they will.

lysie
Member Avatar

I'm glad that she mentioned there being fewer shows and how that affects their chances now. This is absolutely true, and I guess I don't necessarily expect them to be like "what's the big deal? We have no competition" but it's one of my main frustrations with the current process. Especially since no one seems to even acknowledge it.

King
Member Avatar

It was interesting hearing about them talk about how they used to shoot scene by scene.

Yoryla
Member Avatar

Panda Panda
Quote:

What the hell?
Drake and the ever-lasting world of baseball that he lives in every day. lol

Yoryla
Member Avatar

The Room Stops
Apr 8 2014, 06:46 PM
Panda Panda
Quote:

What the hell?
I've stopped trying to understand all his... baseball talk. I'm Norwegian, so I just play that card.

Yoryla, if you do want to see her at least talk a little about, search for Nelson Branco interviews with her, she talked about it a little more in an interview after she left. Sad thing is, she's absolutely right, the system is effed up and needs to be changed completely. Not just tweaks. But she and several other of the soap superstars have been talking about that for years (Deidre began to mention it in the early 90s), and nothing has been done, so I don't think it's likely they will.
Thanks, Room. I'll check it.

daysjahvu
Member Avatar

Panda Panda
Quote:

What the hell?
He's talking about all the preparation to getting up to bat...first you're on the bench in the dugout, next you're in the hole, then you're on deck & finally you step up to the plate. It sounds like they used to rehearse over & over before shooting. Now they block it & shoot it. For some that's good because it's not stale & for less experienced actors(Kate) she thought it would be better to have more rehearsal.

Grew up in OH is the 70's...love the Reds and learned all my baseball lingo watching them as a kid.
Edited by daysjahvu, Apr 9 2014, 10:04 AM.

granolagirl
Member Avatar

It might have felt "tight" to the actors and been excessive to tape, but I do miss that theatrical quality that the show had sometimes in the 80's, wherever it came from.

Rosebud
Member Avatar

lysie
Apr 8 2014, 06:52 PM
I'm glad that she mentioned there being fewer shows and how that affects their chances now. This is absolutely true, and I guess I don't necessarily expect them to be like "what's the big deal? We have no competition" but it's one of my main frustrations with the current process. Especially since no one seems to even acknowledge it.
It's the reason why I wasn't as excited about their win FINALLY, because it felt more like a win by default.

Rosebud
Member Avatar

granolagirl
Apr 9 2014, 11:45 AM
It might have felt "tight" to the actors and been excessive to tape, but I do miss that theatrical quality that the show had sometimes in the 80's, wherever it came from.
I agree. It was more like watching film back then. Scenes were long and luxurious. You could really get into it. Now everything is choppy and the editing is so bad. And the sets and lighting just don't seem as thoughtful and realistic as they did back then.
Edited by Rosebud, Apr 9 2014, 07:27 PM.

Josephinejms
Member Avatar

I love this response of Deidre's:

"...and we had John and Marlena -- and there's comfort in that. And I think it's about forgiveness and understanding and something deeper. It's a deep, deep, deep thing. He's home to me. And the audience gets that."

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply