Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Wednesday, April 9th Daily Discussion
Topic Started: Apr 9 2014, 12:43 AM (10,249 Views)
Kaha
Member Avatar

Kimba73
Apr 10 2014, 10:16 AM
Will&Sonny
Apr 10 2014, 03:40 AM
missmeka1987_
Apr 9 2014, 11:31 PM
Lol you guys really be feening for a sex scene don't you. What's so interesting about will and sonny having sex what do you want to see them hump each other..I haven't seen one great sex scene since Nicole & Brady did it in the K-mansion last summer talk about doing the do :applause: :sex4:
I don't want to see E.J. and Sami "hump each other", but I have been subjected to such scenes more times than I care to count. I don't want to see Jennifer and Daniel "hump each other", but I have been subjected to a few of those scenes, too. I certainly don't want to ever see Nick and Gabi "hump each other", but I have been subjected to several such scenes and just had to watch an almost-but-not-quite scene of that type last Friday, and I'm sure that we're eventually going to see at least one more scene of that nature before Gabi is ushered off of the canvas.

I have seen a lot of Brady and Theresa in bed together lately, and I just saw Lucas and Sheryl having sex, and I had to watch a few fairly explicit scenes of E.J. and Abby "hump[ing] each other", and those three "couples" aren't even in love with each other.

What's so interesting about Will and Sonny having sex is that there's nothing interesting about Will and Sonny having sex -- they are simply another sexually active couple on a show where we get to see sexually active couples having sex with each other, a show where we get to see sexually active couples "hump[ing] each other" and writhing around in bed together or in a shower together...at least when they're straight couples. When the couple happens to be gay, though, it's apparently only acceptable to show the prelude and afterglow, but never the actual act itself, and when that couple is on their fucking [mini-]honeymoon, it's apparently only acceptable to show them completely covered up in bathrobes, talking about something that should be very far from their minds at that particular time.

Whether we want to see Will and Sonny "hump each other" or not (and make no mistake about it -- many of us do), we should be subjected to those scenes anyway, just like we have been and will continue to be subjected to countless love and sex scenes for practically every straight couple who has been or ever will be featured on the show. Anything less sends a very clear message, and it isn't a good one.
:applause:

I honestly don't need to see anybody humping, but if it is okay for the rest of the "couples" on the show to have love scenes, it should be ok for Will and Sonny too. At least on their honeymoon!
Totally agree. I don't care for sex scenes. I prefer slow seduction and sexual tension. But, as you said, they should be treated like any other couple.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

missmeka1987_
Member Avatar

I like Will & sonny but I honestly don't care for sex scenes they are cute and believable without it especially when Chandler was playing Will.. I'm not an Ejami fan at all Btw this show need a Lisa Obrecht I would love that :thumbsup:

sunnyways
Member Avatar

I don't know what the word feening means?

There are a lot of good posts mostly already stating how I feel on this matter. Never the less, here my opinion of Will and Sonny and sex scenes: I want to see the romance and love between the two, I want the neck kissing too :$ , I want to see one partner leading the way over another :wub: hell I want to know if they still use condoms! I don't really need to see 'humping' as it was put, but I'd like to see Will and Sonny move with each other, even if it's just from the neck up, so we get the idea of what they are doing.
I've seen Kristin DiMera, a woman in her mid fifties dressed up in black stockings and a negligee` filming herself raping a man. That was a full on rape scene we saw on our t.v's yet two young men in their early twenties who are in love and now married do not even merit more than a kiss, fully robed on their wedding bed? Am I the only thinking there is something wrong with this picture? And while I'm here, judging by todays tweets, it is the next day in Salem, and WilSon is not on, so we've had all the honeymoon we're going get me thinks.

I know I sound bitter...I blame the writers, I hate them!

Will&Sonny

nananana7
Apr 10 2014, 10:46 AM
I watched again this episode's hotel scenes for Will and Sonny

I think that they are portraying this as if the "evening" hasn't yet happened.
That occurred to me, as well, and that may turn out to be the case, but either way, the fact remains that the writers completely killed the momentum by waiting until nearly one week after the wedding to show Will and Sonny again, deprived us of seeing at least some aspects of the mini-honeymoon that we should have seen, and spent an entire episode of the mini-honeymoon -- perhaps the only episode of the mini-honeymoon, perhaps not -- devoted to a discussion about a topic that should have been far from Will and Sonny's minds at that particular time and certainly could have waited until another episode. I would have rather heard them talk about bad gas than a homophobic creep who tried to steal Arianna away from Will and has repeatedly harassed them for being who they are.

Will&Sonny

sunnyways
Apr 10 2014, 11:44 AM
Slang for "fiending", I'm assuming.

missmeka1987_
Member Avatar

Will&Sonny
Apr 10 2014, 11:53 AM
sunnyways
yup yup that's what it means but I hope everybody knows that my comment had nothing to do with a gay couple I could care less I do however feel like some love for the couple is because of that.. not I, I Love them for different reasons :shrug:

nananana7
Member Avatar

missmeka1987_
Lol you guys really be feening for a sex scene don't you. What's so interesting about will and sonny having sex what do you want to see them hump each other..I haven't seen one great sex scene since Nicole & Brady did it in the K-mansion last summer talk about doing the do :applause: :sex4:
sunnyways
Will&Sonny

definition from wikianswers

"Feening" is an informal, modern variant of the word "fiending". To "fiend" after something is to strongly desire it, like a fiend (a type of evil spirit) might desire your soul.

"Fiending" was first applied in a metaphorical manner to drug addicts, as in: "he's a dope fiend"

The actual word, if you should want to use it in a paper, is in fact, "fiending".

"Feening" is not yet in the dictionary, though it may be in the future, as the popularity of this variation grows.

source: http://wiki.answers.com/Q/What_does_%27feening%27_mean

I hadn't heard of "feening" or "fiending". But this strikes me:
RE: "Fiending" was first applied in a metaphorical manner to drug addicts, as in: "he's a dope fiend"

I see, so it means "jonesing".

Therefore, the original poster was asking if we are jonesing for a fix of watching a WilSon sex scene.

missmeka1987_
Apr 10 2014, 11:59 AM
yup yup that's what it means but I hope everybody knows that my comment had nothing to do with a gay couple I could care less I do however feel like some love for the couple is because of that.. not I, I Love them for different reasons :shrug:

Dear missmeka1987, thanks for clarifying that you are not opposed to viewing a gay love scene -- if done like any other soap love scene.

But I'm not exactly sure what you do mean? You like WilSon but what?

(edited because we posted at the same time)
Edited by nananana7, Apr 10 2014, 12:11 PM.

sunnyways
Member Avatar

snipped from nananana7:
Quote:

Therefore, the original poster was asking if we are jonesing for a fix of watching a WilSon sex scene.

okay, the lightbulb just went off! lol and yes I am. :)

La_Laa I'd like to hear a little more about your spoiler too, if there is some. Or just the event in general if you feel like posting it. :)

nananana7
Member Avatar

sunnyways
Apr 10 2014, 12:24 PM
La_Laa I'd like to hear a little more about your spoiler too, if there is some. Or just the event in general if you feel like posting it. :)

LaLaa's post seems to have been moved to the spoilerish/tweets thread. Because it was a spoiler.

missmeka1987_
Member Avatar

nananana7
Apr 10 2014, 12:05 PM
missmeka1987_
sunnyways
Will&Sonny

definition from wikianswers

"Feening" is an informal, modern variant of the word "fiending". To "fiend" after something is to strongly desire it, like a fiend (a type of evil spirit) might desire your soul.

"Fiending" was first applied in a metaphorical manner to drug addicts, as in: "he's a dope fiend"

The actual word, if you should want to use it in a paper, is in fact, "fiending".

"Feening" is not yet in the dictionary, though it may be in the future, as the popularity of this variation grows.

source: http://wiki.answers.com/Q/What_does_%27feening%27_mean

I hadn't heard of "feening" or "fiending". But this strikes me:
RE: "Fiending" was first applied in a metaphorical manner to drug addicts, as in: "he's a dope fiend"

missmeka1987_
Apr 10 2014, 11:59 AM

Dear missmeka1987, thanks for clarifying that you are not opposed to viewing a gay love scene -- if done like any other soap love scene.

But I'm not exactly sure what you do mean? You like WilSon but what?

(edited because we posted at the same time)

oh but nothing sorry if I confused you..

Yoryla
Member Avatar

lysie
Apr 10 2014, 10:51 AM
Yoryla
Apr 10 2014, 06:38 AM
lysie
Apr 9 2014, 05:52 PM
Yoryla
Apr 9 2014, 05:46 PM
I rewatched the Kate/Sheryl scenes and they were actually VERY good, imo. Kate as a diabolical bitch is always good, and the background music was on *point*.

At one point they used the same slow-beating music that they used when Kristen and Nicole had the little face off in the rectory last August.
I can't take Kate seriously in this particular context.
See, for me it's the opposite, to me, this is the real Kate, who she is and who she should be. For me, it's harder to believe that she would be cowering to others as she now sometimes has.
Yeah I don't think being completely obsessed with her sex buddy is anything at all like the real Kate. I do think this story is very reminiscent of the last time I found her absolutely ridiculous though. So while there's precedence for it, I still don't think it's the real Kate. The last time was that ridiculous Snow White story. My issue isn't her being cold and calculating. My issue is her motivation and her lack of success with these nobodies.
Yeah, okay. In that case I can agree. Kate was in her element but it's not right that it's because of Rafe. Because that shouldn't be the case. And in many ways, I actually don't think it really even is. I think it's more about the fact that another woman came along and "took" Rafe from her - which of course isn't what happened, but Kate would see it that way. That's a part of her. She's not stupid, but it's just easier to take a new target than to tell herself that someone just wasn't interested. But yes, in any case, I was really talking about her behaviour with Sheryl today, not really the big picture motivations in Rafe.

BeeBee
Member Avatar

Ghani
Apr 9 2014, 01:00 PM
badaddiction
Apr 9 2014, 12:22 PM
jam6242
Apr 9 2014, 12:15 PM
So Sonny acknowledges that Gabi, Sami, and Kate dumped Nick in the river to die but Nick is the "creep." :ermm:
Well, you know, it's like Gabi said, if Sonny ain't sleeping with you, then he judges you and your actions. I think that's how Will became such an innocent lamb that needs to be protected. :rolleyes:

Not saying Nick is some innocent here, but he's no worse than the Coven and their enablers who were willing to look over his murder.
I love this post so much! :smile:
Me too!!!

BeeBee
Member Avatar

CJ127
Apr 9 2014, 01:14 PM
marybee50
Apr 9 2014, 12:57 PM
Ok this is just my opinion,but,Days has ruined every couple that is not Dannifer with insipid storylines.WilSon,Ericole,Bope,Lucas and Sheryl,JJ and Bev,EJabby(if you like them),and EJami(if you like them).I now root for the villians.

I'm watching with this show as background noise in most cases.Waiting for sweeps and the inevitable Ejami explosion. :peek:
The possibility of more EJABBY and the EJAMI implosion is why I am watching. It is hard to get into any other couples. I was starting to get interested in Ericole but that sl has become plain stupid. Eric should go back to the priesthood.
EJ/Abby scenes and E?Sami implosion are the main reasons I am watching but not the sole reason.I like creepy Liam,I like dysfunctional Brady/Theresa,and I am kind of looking forward to JJ/Paige/MaryBeth/Bev although I must admit am liking Nicole/Eric less and less mainly because of Nicole.

BeeBee
Member Avatar

Tripp
Apr 9 2014, 01:23 PM
Paige and Rafe talk in the moonlight on the park bench. I don't know what they are saying because my dog keeps bringing me this toy because obviously he is hearing Fetch and misunderstanding.
Tripp,you really do have a way with words.My first LOL today!!!!

BeeBee
Member Avatar

KateDiMera
Apr 9 2014, 03:50 PM
Based on viewer assessment, it sounds like this is an episode to see. I love when Kate is calmly evil toward normal people in an emotional state.
I loved Kate Tuesday with EJ and today with Sheryl.Yesterday I thought she was going to refer to EJ as a "matchmaker".When she saidm"Pimp",I was very pleasantly surprised.She held her own with EJ while she looked at him as if she was humoring him.Kate looked smart and tough in her scenes with Sheryl and Shery knew she met her match.I think Lucas did too.I mean when you think about it,what power does Lucas have to stop what Kate did to Sheryl.Kate is his boss and Sheryl's boss.Even if Sheryl told Jordan what Kate was up to and Lucas confirmed what she said,what could Rafe,Jordan,Sherylor Lucas do about it except say negative things about Kate.I guess Lucas and Sheryl could quit their jobs but I don't see Kate losing sleep over that.

BeeBee
Member Avatar

uclan
Apr 10 2014, 01:09 AM
nananana7
Apr 9 2014, 11:52 PM
This is not in reply to any particular post, and certainly not directed at any particular members.

This is just in reply to the general conversation.

I like some parts of Gabi's character, but not other parts. I feel conflicted.

I have seen lots of posts from various members expressing frustration with Gabi. I can understand that.

I would guess that other members do like Gabi, but I'd like to hear why. This is a sincere question. I'm not trying to provoke a debate. I don't what to hear who is right and who is wrong. I just want to hear if anyone likes Gabi, would you say why. This is sincere. I'm wanting to understand.

Or if you half like and half dislike her, I'd like to hear that too.

Like I said, I know all the arguments about her falling for her abuser, and how that endangers the baby, and I *get* that, so I don't think it needs to be overstated. I know I posted that viewpoint myself a ton of times yesterday or the day before -- I exhausted myself, and now realize I probably annoyed the readers.

This isn't about Nick, although he affects her -- but we've all debated Nick. I want to hear about Gabi.

Now I'd like to hear other points of view. Respectfully, I will listen. I'm asking about Gabi specifically. I may not agree with you, but I will give you space to speak, and I'll try not to jump in with a counter viewpoint. I'll just listen.
I actually like Gabi flaws and all. I think she operates from a good heart. She sees the good in everyone to the point that she comes across as clueless. In spite of all of that I like her. I don't excuse the choices she has made. I see her as someone who had a somewhat sheltered upbringing and is very unsophisticated.
I understand her anger right now since everyone thinks she's clueless about Nick. Do some of her actions make me eye roll? Yes, but I still think it all stems from her seeing the good and placing her trust in others. I don't think she will try to keep Ari from Will. Their frienship is special. I also don't see her as disrespectful or oblivious to Will and Soony's feelings. In my opinion, she has every right to be upset with how the coven are treating her. This behavior is pushing her closer to Nick
I like Gabi for the reasons you have stated.She is basically a good person who is easily led and uses poor judgment by giving in to what others suggest to her rather than relying on her own judgment.She loves her daughter,she loves Will,and cares for Sonny,she has honestly been supportive of Will since he came to terms with being gay and of Sonny and Will when their relationship developed.Gabi never agreed with/to Nick's attempt to exclude Will from Arianna's life.Gabi would never intentionally harm any of them.Sonny's knows this based on the conversation he had with her when they shared a hug on his wedding day and Will understands this based on something he said today.I don't remember the exact words but it was something to the effect that Gabi would not allow Nick to cut him and/or Sonny out of little Ari's life.I agree that Gabi has done nothing to warrant that her parental/custodial right to Arianna be terminated.Will has engaged in quite a bit of illegal behavior as shown by his attempt to kill EJ,attempt to steal the tape from the purse of Arianna of Sami confessing to shooting EJ while Arianna was in the hospital after the accident,attempting to blackmail EJ,stealing information from Abe's laptop during the mayoral campaign,and helping EJ escape lawful custody by tampering with his electronic monitor.

stormymac
Member Avatar

BeeBee
Apr 10 2014, 07:39 PM
uclan
nananana7
This is not in reply to any particular post, and certainly not directed at any particular members.

I have seen lots of posts from various members expressing frustration with Gabi. I can understand that.

I would guess that other members do like Gabi, but I'd like to hear why. This is a sincere question. I'm not trying to provoke a debate. I don't what to hear who is right and who is wrong. I just want to hear if anyone likes Gabi, would you say why. This is sincere. I'm wanting to understand.

Like I said, I know all the arguments about her falling for her abuser, and how that endangers the baby, and I *get* that, so I don't think it needs to be overstated. I know I posted that viewpoint myself a ton of times yesterday or the day before -- I exhausted myself, and now realize I probably annoyed the readers.

This isn't about Nick, although he affects her -- but we've all debated Nick. I want to hear about Gabi.

Now I'd like to hear other points of view. Respectfully, I will listen. I'm asking about Gabi specifically. I may not agree with you, but I will give you space to speak, and I'll try not to jump in with a counter viewpoint. I'll just listen.
I actually like Gabi flaws and all. I think she operates from a good heart. She sees the good in everyone to the point that she comes across as clueless. In spite of all of that I like her. I don't excuse the choices she has made. I see her as someone who had a somewhat sheltered upbringing and is very unsophisticated.
I understand her anger right now since everyone thinks she's clueless about Nick. Do some of her actions make me eye roll? Yes, but I still think it all stems from her seeing the good and placing her trust in others. I don't think she will try to keep Ari from Will. Their frienship is special. I also don't see her as disrespectful or oblivious to Will and Soony's feelings. In my opinion, she has every right to be upset with how the coven are treating her. This behavior is pushing her closer to Nick
I like Gabi for the reasons you have stated.She is basically a good person who is easily led and uses poor judgment by giving in to what others suggest to her rather than relying on her own judgment.She loves her daughter,she loves Will,and cares for Sonny,she has honestly been supportive of Will since he came to terms with being gay and of Sonny and Will when their relationship developed.Gabi never agreed with/to Nick's attempt to exclude Will from Arianna's life.Gabi would never intentionally harm any of them.Sonny's knows this based on the conversation he had with her when they shared a hug on his wedding day and Will understands this based on something he said today.I don't remember the exact words but it was something to the effect that Gabi would not allow Nick to cut him and/or Sonny out of little Ari's life.I agree that Gabi has done nothing to warrant that her parental/custodial right to Arianna be terminated.Will has engaged in quite a bit of illegal behavior as shown by his attempt to kill EJ,attempt to steal the tape from the purse of Arianna of Sami confessing to shooting EJ while Arianna was in the hospital after the accident,attempting to blackmail EJ,stealing information from Abe's laptop during the mayoral campaign,and helping EJ escape lawful custody by tampering with his electronic monitor.
Like that time she gave in to Will's suggestion that she give up on her obsession with Chad and not try to break up him and Melanie. The way she didn't rely on her own judgment in that instance turned out so well for everybody involved. Hell, even for those not involved. Yeah, she's a good person with a good heart and everyone else is to blame for every decision she's made. She's doesn't have a manipulative bone in her body. :rolleyes:

Supergirlx2
Member Avatar
"Right now what I like most about Aiden is Hope" ~ DC

Posted Image

Posted Image

Kaha
Member Avatar

stormymac
Apr 10 2014, 08:46 PM
BeeBee
uclan
nananana7

Like that time she gave in to Will's suggestion that she give up on her obsession with Chad and not try to break up him and Melanie. The way she didn't rely on her own judgment in that instance turned out so well for everybody involved. Hell, even for those not involved. Yeah, she's a good person with a good heart and everyone else is to blame for every decision she's made. She's doesn't have a manipulative bone in her body. :rolleyes:

BeeBee
Member Avatar

stormymac
Apr 10 2014, 08:46 PM
BeeBee
uclan
nananana7

I gave my opinion on the character as requested by nananana7and as I believe I am permitted to do whether others disagree with it or not and I know there are many posters who do disagree with it.Are only the Gabi haters allowed to respond?Gabi clearly uses poor judgment but choosing not to follow a piece of advice given by Will does not negate the fact that she allowed Nick and Rafe to convince her not to go to the police and turn herself in for what happened with Andrew and allowed Kate and Sami to tallk her into dumping Nick into the river and talk her out of going to the police and confessing what happened with Nick.She also went along with Nick blackmailing Sami into giving her a job that pays well.I see Gabi as one of the few persons in Salem who had to be convinced not to turn herself in to police for her crimes.I haven't seen Gabi engage in any manipulative behavior since she sent herself the doll and note to convince Chad she had a stalker and hired Andrew to stalk her.
Edited by BeeBee, Apr 10 2014, 11:19 PM.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
ZetaBoards gives you all the tools to create a successful discussion community.
Learn More · Sign-up for Free
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply