Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Thursday, April 10th Daily Discussion
Topic Started: Apr 9 2014, 11:05 PM (6,636 Views)
throughthehourglass
Member Avatar

"Nicole, I love you so much. And there was no evidence found that could clear my name, so. I want to marry you. But, you know, only because they didn't find any evidence. Did I mention that I will never be cleared? I love you."

Does Eric hear himself speak? Dude wasn't kidding when he said he wasn't good at this man/woman stuff.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

trojangal
Member Avatar

throughthehourglass
Apr 11 2014, 04:46 PM
Kaha
Apr 10 2014, 07:24 PM
Someone needs to explain to me why does Theresa have such a low opinion of herself. Although, all the female Salemites younger than 40 seem to have low self-esteem. But Theresa is the worst. She referred to herself as trash. Hey, Theresa, you're dating Brady....no need to put yourself down.
I don't think TomSell are very fond of women. Most of the female characters put themselves (and each other) down constantly. I hate it.
This ^^
So very sad

Will&Sonny

throughthehourglass
Apr 11 2014, 04:54 PM
"Nicole, I love you so much. And there was no evidence found that could clear my name, so. I want to marry you. But, you know, only because they didn't find any evidence. Did I mention that I will never be cleared? I love you."

Does Eric hear himself speak? Dude wasn't kidding when he said he wasn't good at this man/woman stuff.
He can't because he's constantly whispering.

TreasureCove
Member Avatar

Will&Sonny
Apr 11 2014, 06:02 PM
throughthehourglass

He can't because he's constantly whispering.
:lol: well played!

TreasureCove
Member Avatar

Why the hell would the mugger go after Chase? What sense does it make for him to go after a school kid instead of snatching a purse or going after someone old enough to have actually have a checkbook or credit cards, expensive watch/jewelry if they didn't have any cash on them?

Was Chase even using an expensive looking phone/ipod/tablet/whatever to make someone think Chase would have anything except lunch money?

nananana7

TreasureCove
Apr 11 2014, 06:57 PM
Why the hell would the mugger go after Chase? What sense does it make for him to go after a school kid instead of snatching a purse or going after someone old enough to have actually have a checkbook or credit cards, expensive watch/jewelry if they didn't have any cash on them?

Was Chase even using an expensive looking phone/ipod/tablet/whatever to make someone think Chase would have anything except lunch money?
They specifically said the mugger was trying to steal Chase's phone.

Kaha
Member Avatar

TreasureCove

That scene was stupid. Really dumb. He was taking a huge chance by snatching an old phone (it looked like one of those old cell phones) in the middle of a busy square. Maybe the mugger was high.

TreasureCove
Member Avatar

^Thank-you

Kaha
Member Avatar

throughthehourglass
Kaha
Someone needs to explain to me why does Theresa have such a low opinion of herself. Although, all the female Salemites younger than 40 seem to have low self-esteem. But Theresa is the worst. She referred to herself as trash. Hey, Theresa, you're dating Brady....no need to put yourself down.
I don't think TomSell are very fond of women. Most of the female characters put themselves (and each other) down constantly. I hate it.
I think Days writers (past or present), hate women. They like to inflict pain on them. How else can you explain all the rape, prostitution and women throwing themselves at unworthy men. On top of that women are always mean to each other.

The double standard of treating Theresa like crap while babying Brady is indicative of how they see women. Theresa is a slut because she tried to seduce Dan and had sex with Brady, but Brady is a lost poor boy who needs saving.

Will&Sonny

TreasureCove

The mugger saw what he thought was an easy target -- Chase was alone (this was established when he loudly called out to his father across the town square and received no answer) and had retrieved a smart phone (it was not an "old" phone -- it had a touchscreen and no keypad, so it was clearly meant to be fairly current; now, how expensive it was is another matter entirely, but it wasn't like it had the look of a cheap, disposable flip-phone or anything like that -- it was similar to what practically every other character on the show uses except for Hope [because Kristian Alfonso always uses her own phone, from what I understand]), and the mugger likely never expected a prepubescent boy to put up much of a fight. He thought it would be an easy grab-and-go act.

TreasureCove
Member Avatar

Kaha
Apr 11 2014, 07:24 PM
throughthehourglass
Kaha
I think Days writers (past or present), hate women. They like to inflict pain on them. How else can you explain all the rape, prostitution and women throwing themselves at unworthy men. On top of that women are always mean to each other.

The double standard of treating Theresa like crap while babying Brady is indicative of how they see women. Theresa is a slut because she tried to seduce Dan and had sex with Brady, but Brady is a lost poor boy who needs saving.
Women used to be treated a lot better on this show. Yes, horrible things happened to them, but they fought back and stood up for themselves too. They also healed, learned, and grew from those experiences.

They went on adventures and they solved mysteries. They had dreams and goals outside of men, and they not only discussed their dreams, achievements and goals with family, and both male and female friends, we were actually shown scenes of women working towards them.

They also had careers, not just jobs that they got to be close to men, but careers that they took pride in, maintained, won awards for, and were good at. We actually saw the reasons they earned those awards and achievement too. Unlike now, when Jennifer wins employee of the month because they say she's the best, but all we see her do is ditch work without telling anybody, make loud scenes, and chase Daniel. We SAW her earn awards when she was a reporter.

It wasn't perfect by any means, but it was far better than this.

Supergirlx2
Member Avatar
"I don't live by a set diet. It's not about pounds. It's really about how I feel." ~ KA

LuvingLumi
Apr 11 2014, 08:38 AM
I really liked the Aiden and Hope scene...this is how you build up a couple slowly and effectively. Give them a little animosity toward one another and then let something happen that changes that perception immediately.....I hope they do continue to have Hope not truly want to have anything to do with him...as he slowly warms up to her.
I definitely want them to keep disagreeing on certain things. I think that right now, Aiden's really really really grateful to Hope and he's kinda going overboard with his change in feelings towards her. At the end of the day, they've been disagreeing and "fighting" for a reason. Hope saving Chase from a mugger isn't going to instantly change that.
I think they'll be more open to working together, but I can't see it being all sunshine & roses from now on.

Supergirlx2
Member Avatar
"I don't live by a set diet. It's not about pounds. It's really about how I feel." ~ KA

Sweet and Salty
Apr 11 2014, 11:28 AM
Finally watched it on YouTube! Good show! Diloted! Strong stuff!

Wasn't dilaudid the stuff Doug illegally prescribed and thus ultimately got him fired from County on ER? lol.

(sorry, off topic, i know. lol.)

Supergirlx2
Member Avatar

How did I miss Hope's "down boy" to the mugger? lol.

Supergirlx2
Member Avatar

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

BeeBee
Member Avatar

Supergirlx2
Apr 12 2014, 12:13 AM
I thought it was unrealistic (stupid) to have Hope tell the mugger to put his hands behind his back and while she was still several feet from him holster her gun while looking back at Chase then walk over to the mugger to cuff him.She should at least told him to get on his knees or lay face down before she took her eyes off him and hostered her gun.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Kaha
Member Avatar

BeeBee
Apr 12 2014, 04:09 AM
Supergirlx2
Apr 12 2014, 12:13 AM
I thought it was unrealistic (stupid) to have Hope tell the mugger to put his hands behind his back and while she was still several feet from him holster her gun while looking back at Chase then walk over to the mugger to cuff him.She should at least told him to get on his knees or lay face down before she took her eyes off him and hostered her gun.
Not to mention, Aiden leaving his son before he made sure he went inside the class. Obviously, dropping him off in the wrong place. That makes Aidan a really careless father.

nananana7

throughthehourglass

I know what you mean. Eric keeps saying that crap, and whenever he does, I should throttle him, but then I just fastforward instead. So sad.

Yoryla
Member Avatar

Kaha
Apr 10 2014, 07:18 PM
I don't think they pay attention to the time in this show. I just like to believe each s/l has its own time zone.
I believe this 100 %.

It's the only thing that makes sense.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Will&Sonny

Kaha
Apr 12 2014, 09:08 AM
BeeBee
Apr 12 2014, 04:09 AM
Not to mention, Aiden leaving his son before he made sure he went inside the class. Obviously, dropping him off in the wrong place. That makes Aidan a really careless father.
Aiden sent Chase to a judo class alone one other time, too, back when the classes were being held "right next door" to the pub. I thought that was a bit careless then, as well, but both times, it was basically done to serve a plot point (the first time, it was done because Aiden was somewhat upset with Chase for teasing Ciara, so he refused to honor an earlier promise to treat the boy to a cup of hot chocolate, and he stayed behind to apologize to Hope while Chase was forced to walk to the judo class alone), so I don't think the writers were really trying to make Aiden look negligent -- it just came across that way.
Edited by Will&Sonny, Apr 12 2014, 07:52 PM.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Join the millions that use us for their forum communities. Create your own forum today.
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply