Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
The Amazing Race 24 - All Stars
Topic Started: Apr 10 2014, 11:57 AM (727 Views)
Manny
Member Avatar

Well this sucked.

I guess I'll hate the winner, because I don't believe Brenchel can take it. Also, Rachel started to annoy me with her crying about being hit. Bitch, please! This is a game and they are hitting everyone equally. Shut up and do it!

I can't believe Dave and Connor might win TAR. Or country singers! Ew!
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

King
Member Avatar

I really hate when people (as in the teams) act like U Turns are illegal or cheating. It's part of the game. Shut up!

The cowboys were one of my preferred choices to win, but Brenchel is my #1. I do not like the dad/son anymore. And I am sick of the blondes. I don't think either deserve to win.

Brenchel or the Afghanimals please!

KMan101
Member Avatar

I actually liked the Cowboy's finally this year but yeah, they're homophobic so they automatically go down in my book.

Dave was STILL whining about that fucking u-turn. Good lord. SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP! Same for the Country Girls! Ugh SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP! They're such horrible racers! They clearly need men to carry them along. I feel like they did better in their season because it seemed like they carried the Hockey boys but now it's clear they suck. And what luck to be saved TWICE by non-eliminations!

I can't believe I'm rooting for Brenchel (although Rachel was hella annoying in that bull running task. My god woman SHUT UP), but I am. And I'm slooooooooowly growing to like the Afghanimals. I was so happy they U-Turned the Cowturds.
Edited by KMan101, May 8 2014, 06:24 AM.

King
Member Avatar

I don't know if this is public knowledge yet, but TAR is moving to Friday's in the fall.

Manny
Member Avatar

I just read that too. I am kinda sad, because it's kinda like they have sentenced TAR to death.. I also heard that it's possible that we'll only get one season per year, as TAR will have to switch with Undercover Boss in that Friday timeslot..

King
Member Avatar

I feel like it is a good thing though. I definitely think they should scale back on TAR.

Manny
Member Avatar

Well lets hope it survives, even though TAR is my least favorite reality competition show.. :)

KMan101
Member Avatar

Friday nights really aren't this death slot anymore. At least in my eyes. Friday nights are more for shows that have a solid audience but just don't do as well during the week. I mean, Hawaii Five-0 gets like 8 to 9 million viewers and Blue Bloods has gotten up to 11+ (and even around 14 million back in their earlier days). It's not the strongest boost of confidence to be on Friday's but it makes sense to me they want a stable leader and Undercover Boss isn't as strong as it used to be (and the Amazing Race gets a lot more buzz, even still), and I'm sure that will bridge the gap between seasons. I still expect two seasons a year unless it's been said there's only going to be one now. I'm just glad it won't be delayed for sports anymore! That annoyed me so much. And it could always move back to Sunday's if Madam Secretary bombs. That's what's good about CBS, they have solid shows that can be moved around if needed. Hawaii Five-0 could have better demo numbers but the audience pretty much followed it from Monday's to Friday's and look how much original flavor CSI gets moved around and it still has a solid 10 million people tuning in.
Edited by KMan101, May 16 2014, 05:41 AM.

Manny
Member Avatar

I hope you're right, Shawn. TAR is my least favorite reality comp show, but I would still miss it if it was canceled.

KMan101
Member Avatar

So Dave and Connor won. Shocking, I know.

Ready for newbies.

Manny
Member Avatar

I didn't even watch till the end. I turned it off once I realized that Dave and Connor are winning it.. yawn..

darraholic
Member Avatar
Ikagoddess <3

I had known since the race ended that they had won. I never cared for them are their sob story being pushed down the viewers throats.

Manny
Member Avatar

Knowing the results, I wish someone did tell me who wins so I can not watch.. lol

darraholic
Member Avatar
Ikagoddess <3

To me it all came down to the casting. There was really no need for 3peats when there were much better teams available for 2nd chance. Still pissed Satan (Marie) declined.

KMan101
Member Avatar

Manny
May 20 2014, 12:26 PM
Knowing the results, I wish someone did tell me who wins so I can not watch.. lol
I did post the boot list earlier in this thread :P

KMan101
Member Avatar

darraholic
May 20 2014, 01:47 PM
To me it all came down to the casting. There was really no need for 3peats when there were much better teams available for 2nd chance. Still pissed Satan (Marie) declined.
SO much this!

I agree totally. I still don't consider Meghan/Joey or John/Jessica All-Star worthy. I can see why they were asked, I don't absolutely hate they were cast again, but even on top of them and others, AND the three-peaters, there were SOOOO many other teams I could have come up with to see back.

I only really thought Dave/Connor (somewhat begrudgingly), Twinnies, Brenchel and Afghanimals (even if I don't totally hate Rachel anymore, and I don't like the Afghanimals, though I warmed to them after they U-Turned the Cowboys) were great choices. Caroline and Jennifer sucked. I had no desire to see Margie and Luke finish in the exact same spot for their second return (which makes them having played three times). Same goes for the Globetrotters and the Cowboys. So many others could have been asked. I was looking forward to Mark and Bopper again, although I didn't mind Mallory playing a third time.

Again though, I think they have their places (not Caroline and Jennifer), there was no need for three-peats.

Where were the Chippendales? Where where Brooke/Claire (wasn't one pregnant? Wasn't one of them supposed to race with Mallory but backed out?)? Hell, Toni/Dallas? What about the Roller moms? So many others that may not even still be the best choices over the cast they chose this year. Unfinished Business or Redemption, I could get behind with that cast, not All-Stars. It was just a mish-mash. I don't know. I have very mixed feelings on the season. I actually didn't hate it but it wasn't that exciting either.

Manny
Member Avatar

OMG!! All those teams that you mentioned... Wow! I forgot about them, but yes yes yes!! I loved all those you mentioned!!

But I did love Joey and Meghan and I was happy they were back :) Them with Twinnies were my favorites.. one of the reasons why my excitement for this season dropped so quickly.. lol

King
Member Avatar

Ugh, hated the winners!!

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
ZetaBoards gives you all the tools to create a successful discussion community.
Learn More · Register Now
« Previous Topic · CBS Primetime · Next Topic »
Add Reply