Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Friday, April 11th Daily Discussion
Topic Started: Apr 11 2014, 01:08 AM (12,204 Views)
sunnyways
Member Avatar

stormymac
Apr 12 2014, 02:13 PM
Kinay
Apr 12 2014, 11:23 AM
Kaha
Apr 12 2014, 11:00 AM
sunnyways
Apr 12 2014, 10:54 AM

Quoting limited to 4 levels deep
I agree. I almost bought it too. He looked soo sincere. Maybe Julie brings the best in him. Maybe he likes to believe that he's innocent when he's with Julie. Word of caution to Julie though, she better not bash Gabi or she'll be in a body bag before she knows it.
I find Nick to be acting convincingly sincere most of the time. With the exception of getting Kate to give him a job, arguing with Sonny and making that pretend call to Gabi for T's benefit, I have yet to see Nick be deceitful or threatening to anyone since he's been back from the dead. He is playing the part of the changed man very well.
So, except for the blackmailing, the manipulation and the smugness, he seems to be a sincerely changed man.

Okay

Nah....I don't think he's changed at all. But I can see why Gabi and Julie are buying that he's changed....Although I do think he has that smugsmarm thing when he's talking with Gabi. With Julie he seemed different and for a while there I was buying into it too. :) I guess my post really was more of a testament to how good an actor I think BlakeB is.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

BeeBee
Member Avatar

Goaliemom1104
Apr 12 2014, 05:19 PM
Yoryla
Apr 12 2014, 04:55 PM
AmbernOK
Apr 11 2014, 12:49 PM
I'm probably the only one who thinks this way, but I don't think this Daniel/Dannifer story is really about them! I think it's more a redeeming s/l for Nicole with Eric and Teresa with Brady. Either one of them could tell the truth and get rid of Liam. (Unfortunately, they are both trying to save their butts because of their own lies--Nicole with the shredded papers and Teresa with her lies and manipulation of Brady) Eventually, I think that is where the story is going...to make you root for Ericole and Thrady. I just choose to ignore the Dannifer story!
Interesting point of view, considering I think it's just the opposite. I think both Nicole and Thereannie are gonna go down for this one eventually, ruining the couples even further. And thank God for that really, considering to me, they're both horrible and should end immediately.
I think Nicole will end up in physical danger from Liam because she can't let evidence gate be exposed and also because she's going to figure out he drugged Indiana Jonas. Also I think Nicole's the one who ferrets out Liam's ex and finds out he's totally BSC.

I think Theresa will own up to Eric about giving Liam the key, as Eric's the only one who's cut her some slack. For the life of me I can't figure out why Liam is so obsessed with Jen- did I miss something?

Maybe Liam will nab Nicole and Jen so Indiana Jonas can be the hero again. I would like to see Brady and Eric involved in the rescue. I don't know what will happen to the couples, but I'm sure we will see Dannifer continue. :blah:
You have a better opinion of Theresa than I.If Eric was still a priest ,I could see her confessing her sin to him in giving the key to Liam knowing he was bound to keep her secret but I don't see Theresa admitting she aided and abetted a crazy person in drugging Dr.Daniel Jonas,son of Maggie,godson of Victor,best friend to Brady.They could write her that way but I would be shocked if she admits what she did to anyone.If Liam survives and tells anyone she gave him the key,I see Theresa lying though her teeth.I think it is likely Nicole does find out Liam is BSC but I am alsok eeping my fingers crossed that Hope and perhaps Rafe rescue Nicole from whatever danger Liam poses to her.
You missed nothing.Liam had two dates with Jennifer and the one kiss I believe he initiated during which Jennifer kept her mouth closed and eyes open.Liam is clearly deranged.
Welcome to the board.Hope you enjoy posting.Best time to dive in since sweeps will be starting soon.
Edited by BeeBee, Apr 13 2014, 12:36 AM.

BeeBee
Member Avatar

Yoryla
Apr 12 2014, 04:32 PM
lysie
Apr 11 2014, 01:08 AM
Posted Image

Discuss!
They look good together in this picture, but oh, there were so many things faulty in this whole thing I do not know where to start.

Um, Lindsay Hartley? Not the world's best actress. Passions? Yeah, usually when a couple has been together at another soap, don't try it again. Thanks. Arianna? Omg, what a useless character. Speaking of why doesn't anyone ever mention her? And by anyone, I mean Gabi and Rafe, you know, her siblings? They don't, because nobody wants to remember her. And she was a Hernandez, the most inane and useless family to descend on to this show, the Jonas'-nonHorton -family notwithstanding.

I mean seriously, once Gabi leaves, there's only gonna be Rafe, Thank God. How long can it be once he's gone aswell? Wouldn't miss him, really.
Gabi and Will named their first born child after Arianna.When Gabi took Arianna to see Rafe,they discussed missing her and her looking down on them.This week when Rafe was trying to get Jordan to open up,Jordan told Rafe that she feels about her past the way he feels about Arianna,he doesn't like to talk about her because it hurts too much.I thought the mention of her name was the reason the photograph was chosen.The only sibling I don't recall being mentioned a month after he left Salem was Dario.He was good looking there was just no story for him.If Rafe stays in Salem perhaps Dario can return.I really liked Arianna with Brady.I remember being pissed when Nicole got out of prison and followed them to some tropical island or something.I think it would be interesting to have her in Salem again but I don't want another back from the dead person who donated organs.I think that was the storyline surrounding her death but my memory is really hazy about that.I really like Roman as commissioner and Rafe as the good guy cop to work cases with Hope.They just need to have Abe be the mayor again so he can involve himself in cases but not actually have to do anything.
Edited by BeeBee, Apr 13 2014, 01:06 AM.

blueskies
Member Avatar

i love Julie. I just totally love her. Sure she's wrong about Nick but she's totally right in her characterization of Sami.

blueskies
Member Avatar

It's official. The Fetch storyline with Liam & decoy Theresa is the best storyline right now. I still don't care about Dannifer, but Liam is 50 shades of crazy & I'm looking forward to Theresa being blamed for something she didn't do for a change just so I can see Daniel/Jen apologizing later.

thepadange

blueskies
Apr 13 2014, 09:28 AM
It's official. The Fetch storyline with Liam & decoy Theresa is the best storyline right now. I still don't care about Dannifer, but Liam is 50 shades of crazy & I'm looking forward to Theresa being blamed for something she didn't do for a change just so I can see Daniel/Jen apologizing later.
Well, Theresa was the one who gave Liam the key to Daniel's apartment so technically she isn't innocent.

I expected far more from this "stalker" s/l than drugging Daniel. Drugging someone is too repetitive (Ian, Chloe, Kristen) to be at least somehow interesting.

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

blueskies
Do you honestly think they'll write it to have them apologize? I think Jeannie Teresa might end up being a mini-Nicole in that aspect. They'll probably have them apologize, only to have JT do something else to screw it up. I feel jaded right now.

blueskies
Member Avatar

thepadange
Apr 13 2014, 10:42 AM
blueskies
Well, Theresa was the one who gave Liam the key to Daniel's apartment so technically she isn't innocent.

I expected far more from this "stalker" s/l than drugging Daniel. Drugging someone is too repetitive (Ian, Chloe, Kristen) to be at least somehow interesting.

did she? I must have missed that (granted I've only been half watching the show the last few weeks).
Edited by blueskies, Apr 13 2014, 11:57 AM.

blueskies
Member Avatar

ladyofthelake
Apr 13 2014, 10:56 AM
blueskies
Do you honestly think they'll write it to have them apologize? I think Jeannie Teresa might end up being a mini-Nicole in that aspect. They'll probably have them apologize, only to have JT do something else to screw it up. I feel jaded right now.
i would like to think they would, but you're probably right. She'll probably get in trouble for something else...

WilSonJAb33
Member Avatar

Sami & Gabi's argument...

Sami needs to stop interfering in Will's life she always does or nearly does more damage that she does good

Gabi regardless of how angry she was at Sami should not have slapped her there was no justification for it. Gabi shouldn't have lied to Sami either however once Gabi did and once Sami learned Gabi did Sami should have waited told Will & Sonny and let the guys handle it post their mini honeymoon.

Gabi needs to STOP justifying her actions of what she does regarding Ari with actions that are not Will... Gabi doesn't have the right to hurt Will because she is angry at Sami. Will is a good father who loves his daughter who has bent over backwards to make things work with Gabi and he Sonny & Gabi all parenting Arianna.

Gabi has the right to move out however she doesn't have the right to justify her reasons the way she does, clearly things are justified by her argument with Sami and that is fair to no one but Gabi.

Basically my point is that Sami & Gabi their fight has proved why Sonny is right and why Will needs a custody agreement. Both woman act to rashly and Gabi uses others actions to justify the part in Ari's life she is willing to allow will to partake in it. Will loves his daughter and he doesn't deserve all the threats that Gabi make she gets angry of not allowing Will to be a part of his daughters life any longer. I am really hoping through may sweeps that Gabi his halted from attempting to destroy the bond that Will & Sonny have with Ari and using Nick & Sami to justify her reasons.

The sad thing is that all Gabi's jusfications are about her own best interest not that of her daughter Ari. Sami's made a lot of bad decisions but none of them have pointed to being a danger to her grand-daughter. Gabi justifies her actions either because Nick convinces her it best or Gabi protects her own best interest not caring if it hurts Will. Will doesn't deserve to get blamed for the rocky relationship that Gabi & Sami have built up.

Gabi's parenting is more reminiscent of Sami & Lucas's when Will was young that Will's is... Will is a factor and explain of someone who learned from the mistakes of his parents... meanwhile for different reasons Gabi is making similar mistakes to Sami & Lucas. Gabi loves her daughter however like Lucas and Sami at that age Gabi is very selfish is all about her. Will a better father then Lucas was at 21 years old... Lucas learns much more then Sami however over time both Lucas & Sami grew as parents ... Lucas simple did more then Sami..
Edited by WilSonJAb33, Apr 13 2014, 12:49 PM.

thepadange

blueskies
Apr 13 2014, 11:56 AM
thepadange
Apr 13 2014, 10:42 AM
blueskies

did she? I must have missed that (granted I've only been half watching the show the last few weeks).
Here's the scene:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PHPTWafh_fU
Edited by thepadange, Apr 13 2014, 12:29 PM.

WilSonJAb33
Member Avatar

As for the Fetch & Liam storyline I don't much care for any of the characters so to me that storyline just eats up far to much screen time...

what she show should focus more on is JJ, Paige, Will, Sonny , Ari (at the appropriate amount for the child's age), Hope, Aidan, Chase, Ciara... Adrienne, Justin, Lucas, Victor... Maggie and the show could really also use more to Kate's storyline that her meddling... and more to maybe Abby & Ben I've found them interesting so far.
Edited by WilSonJAb33, Apr 13 2014, 12:40 PM.

TreasureCove
Member Avatar

WilSonJAb33
Apr 13 2014, 12:09 PM
Sami's made a lot of bad decisions but none of them have pointed to being a danger to her grand-daughter.
Sami didn't care about the potential danger presented to her granddaughter when she was getting in Gabi's face upsetting her and calling her names several times when Gabi was pregnant, despite everyone including Will, telling Sami to leave Gabi alone and let Will decide himself how he wanted to handle it.

Sami is also bringing a known danger around Ari. Nick has not done anything that would put Ari in danger, while EJ has demonstrated and acted as a clear danger to all of Sami's children, which could easily extend to Will's child. From directly threatening Will's life to endangering all of the children, in particular Allie, with Arnold. EJ ordered Allie's kidnapping, and told Arnold point blank he didn't give a damn how he treated Allie. A situation which gave both Allie and Johnny nightmares.

Kaha
Member Avatar

TreasureCove
Apr 13 2014, 12:59 PM
Sami didn't care about the potential danger presented to her granddaughter when she was getting in Gabi's face upsetting her and calling her names several times when Gabi was pregnant, despite everyone including Will, telling Sami to leave Gabi alone and let Will decide himself how he wanted to handle it.

Oh, please! Gabi put herself in an stressful situation when she decided to marry a homophobic ex-con, she's only known for few seconds. Then letting the homophobic ex-con to talk her into lying to everyone about her daughter's paternity. And continuously agreeing to go with his harebrained schemes, even when they were hurting her best friend and the father of her daughter.

Gabi was strong enough to lie, conspire and hide several secrets simultaneously (including the abduction of her best friend), yet Sami calling her names put her in danger.

Here's what the doctor said: Stress and dehydration caused Gabi's almost early labor
Here's what Nick heard: Sami caused it
Edited by Kaha, Apr 13 2014, 02:02 PM.

Sweet and Salty

TreasureCove
Apr 12 2014, 08:28 PM
Renaissance Girl
Apr 12 2014, 07:43 PM
How it is that Jack actually raped Kayla when he was a villain way back when and now that he's dead people are actually moaning for him to come back? How can any viewer forgive a character for raping another character, even if it was many years ago? I don't really hate Jack, even though I don't condone what he did, but I really would like to know how people were able to move past what he did to Kayla. How can someone do that to another person and the audience is able to buy them being a good guy somewhere down the road?
Because Kayla's rape was written by writers who respect women, unlike TomSell, who treat rape as equal to a woman stubbing her toe. Something she should stfu about. Days was once groundbreaking as the first soap to honestly treat rape as the serious crime that it is, something that happens to thousands of real women around the world every year, not just a plot point.

Jack not only had had a very long redemption arc, when it finally got through his thick skull just what a horrible thing he did, he was actually sorry for what he did and he loathed himself for it as much as the audience did. He hated the fact that he could never take back what he did, and he owned the fact that he hurt Kayla. He never fully forgave himself for it.

MA and Mary Beth also have my deep respect for their handling of the storyline. I wouldn't doubt that MA personally knew and cared about a rape victim. I sincerely hope Mary Beth wasn't raped herself, but it's possible, because when those writers left and new writers came to the show they would fight those writers and go against script if those writers tried to make light of it.

When Kayla forgave Jack, the rape was never dismissed or forgotten. Both MA and Mary Beth deliberately kept the tension between the characters, even in the most lighthearted scenes, showing true respect for the victims of this crime in their audience.
We'll said.

And it's more than troublesome to me that they have allowed JJ to continue to loathe his father, and not know the redemption process he went through.

I hope this changes.

Kaha
Member Avatar

Sweet and Salty
Apr 13 2014, 01:12 PM
TreasureCove
Apr 12 2014, 08:28 PM
Renaissance Girl
Apr 12 2014, 07:43 PM
How it is that Jack actually raped Kayla when he was a villain way back when and now that he's dead people are actually moaning for him to come back? How can any viewer forgive a character for raping another character, even if it was many years ago? I don't really hate Jack, even though I don't condone what he did, but I really would like to know how people were able to move past what he did to Kayla. How can someone do that to another person and the audience is able to buy them being a good guy somewhere down the road?
Because Kayla's rape was written by writers who respect women, unlike TomSell, who treat rape as equal to a woman stubbing her toe. Something she should stfu about. Days was once groundbreaking as the first soap to honestly treat rape as the serious crime that it is, something that happens to thousands of real women around the world every year, not just a plot point.

Jack not only had had a very long redemption arc, when it finally got through his thick skull just what a horrible thing he did, he was actually sorry for what he did and he loathed himself for it as much as the audience did. He hated the fact that he could never take back what he did, and he owned the fact that he hurt Kayla. He never fully forgave himself for it.

MA and Mary Beth also have my deep respect for their handling of the storyline. I wouldn't doubt that MA personally knew and cared about a rape victim. I sincerely hope Mary Beth wasn't raped herself, but it's possible, because when those writers left and new writers came to the show they would fight those writers and go against script if those writers tried to make light of it.

When Kayla forgave Jack, the rape was never dismissed or forgotten. Both MA and Mary Beth deliberately kept the tension between the characters, even in the most lighthearted scenes, showing true respect for the victims of this crime in their audience.
We'll said.

And it's more than troublesome to me that they have allowed JJ to continue to loathe his father, and not know the redemption process he went through.

I hope this changes.
Because they didn't care about the rape issue. They only used it as a plot devise to bring JJ and doctor Dan together.

WilSonJAb33
Member Avatar

Kaha
Apr 13 2014, 01:12 PM

Oh, please! Gabi put herself in an stressful situation when she decided to marry a homophobic ex-con, she's only known for few seconds. Then letting the homophobic ex-con to talk her into lying to everyone about her daughter's paternity. And continuously agreeing to go with his harebrained schemes, that were hurting her best friend and the father of her daughter.

Gabi was strong enough to lie, conspire and hide several secrets simultaneously (including the abduction of her best friend), yet Sami calling her names put her in danger.

Here's what the doctor said: Stress and dehydration caused Gabi's almost early labor
Here's what Nick heard: Sami caused it
Thank you Kaha...
Gabi is no victim of Sami's...
Sami might not always make the right choices with her own children... Will suffered most as a child because of it however it also made him the better parent for knowing what not to do. Will's made his own mistakes but ultimately they weren't as massive in regards to Arianna as Sami's were with him... or even Lucas's.

Gabi like Sami did loved Will but Gabi is a remainder to me of why I thought at a young age that Sami was a poor mother. Gabi justifies to much by actions of others not even Will's himself. And well the issues that Gabi & Sami make questionable choices over are far different... there why of handling them is very similar.

Gabi intentionally argued with Sami in an attempt to justify keeping will out of Ari's life as an actual parent figure at the time she landed herself in the hospital. Sami should have allowed Will to handle that maybe... pushed hard for Will to speak to a lawyer but Gabi tried to justify her actions of siding with Nick and basically telling Will because of this he wasn't father material for being gay all well telling Will that he still be a part of his child's life even through said child might very well not know the truth about who is was other then mommy's friend.

Gabi's desire to make Nick happily heavily outweigh for Gabi the best interest of an unborn Ari at that time of Will's feeling about the fact that he was being denied the rights to his own child via blackmail and Gabi's own stupidity. Gabi spent a lot of time not caring about what Will was feeling or how her decisions for their child effected him. When she get pissed at Sonny or Sami or someone else... she does it still. The best interest of Ari is for Gabi not to exclude Will & Sonny ... Will is a good father to Ari... Sonny a good other support system in her daughters life but Gabi doesn't consider these factors if something benefits her and only her (ie) going back to Nick... giving Nick create for a job Kate or Sami would have given her mother ago had she accept it.
Edited by WilSonJAb33, Apr 13 2014, 01:30 PM.

Kaha
Member Avatar

I am watching the Friday episode now. Strange that Julie knows about Theresa attended the wedding but didn't Nick was not invited.

Liam is so creepy. I can't root for a creepy stalker no matter how amazing Mark Collier is.

WilSonJAb33
Member Avatar

Kaha
Apr 13 2014, 02:06 PM
I am watching the Friday episode now. Strange that Julie knows about Theresa attended the wedding but didn't Nick was not invited.

Liam is so creepy. I can't root for a creepy stalker no matter how amazing Mark Collier is.
That made no sense to be either... Abby & Gabi were talking about it in the middle of HTS *Horton Town Square*

How she knew about Theresa attending I don't know... it made no sense, after all she was out of town herself rather then being present.

Liam truly is creepy between him, Daniel & Jennifer that story line is unwatchable ... Theresa is kind of interesting.

But what I get least is why on earth Julie thought Nick would be invited even if Nick actions and mistreatment were forgivable in a short time span... forgiving and forgetting what Nick has done to them for Will & Sonny aren't the same thing. However Nick kind of made the forgiveness part impossible because of the continued threats that he (Nick) throws in Will & Sonny's faces.

Kaha
Member Avatar

Shawn Christian is a really limited actor. When he's angry he huffs and puffs. I feel like any minute, he's going to start ripping his shirt off his body and turn green.

Sami is so subdued with Julie. How so unlike her.
Why isn't Anne fired by now? She's broke so many rules, it should be easy for Jennifer or Daniel to file a complaint aganist her.

Why does Anne hate Dan so much? UGH! This s/l doesn't make any sense.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums with no limits on posts or members.
Learn More · Register for Free
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply