Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Friday, April 11th Daily Discussion
Topic Started: Apr 11 2014, 01:08 AM (12,203 Views)
nananana7
Member Avatar

(in response to the various posts about custody on the prior page)
In my opinion ...
Best parental custody for the children:

For Will: Austin and Lucas.
Sami was terrible.

For Johnny, Allie, and Sydney:
Rafe and Lucas.
Sami could have supervised visitation but no custody.
EJ should have zero access, regardless of biology).

For Arianna
1) Sonny is best parent (in my opinion).
2) Will

3) Gabi could share custody but only strict orders that Nick have zero access.
If she allows Nick anywhere near Arianna, then she would lose custody but be allowed supervised visitation.

Nick should have zero access.

Those are my opinions.
Edited by nananana7, Apr 13 2014, 02:50 PM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Yoryla
Member Avatar

Kaha
Apr 13 2014, 02:06 PM
I am watching the Friday episode now. Strange that Julie knows about Theresa attended the wedding but didn't Nick was not invited.

Liam is so creepy. I can't root for a creepy stalker no matter how amazing Mark Collier is.
I think Julie said "They invited Theresa", not that she was actually there. She probably knew who had been invited from beforehand.

Kinay

WilSonJAb33
Apr 13 2014, 12:09 PM
Sami & Gabi's argument...

Sami needs to stop interfering in Will's life she always does or nearly does more damage that she does good

Gabi regardless of how angry she was at Sami should not have slapped her there was no justification for it. Gabi shouldn't have lied to Sami either however once Gabi did and once Sami learned Gabi did Sami should have waited told Will & Sonny and let the guys handle it post their mini honeymoon.

Gabi needs to STOP justifying her actions of what she does regarding Ari with actions that are not Will... Gabi doesn't have the right to hurt Will because she is angry at Sami. Will is a good father who loves his daughter who has bent over backwards to make things work with Gabi and he Sonny & Gabi all parenting Arianna.

Gabi has the right to move out however she doesn't have the right to justify her reasons the way she does, clearly things are justified by her argument with Sami and that is fair to no one but Gabi.

Basically my point is that Sami & Gabi their fight has proved why Sonny is right and why Will needs a custody agreement. Both woman act to rashly and Gabi uses others actions to justify the part in Ari's life she is willing to allow will to partake in it. Will loves his daughter and he doesn't deserve all the threats that Gabi make she gets angry of not allowing Will to be a part of his daughters life any longer. I am really hoping through may sweeps that Gabi his halted from attempting to destroy the bond that Will & Sonny have with Ari and using Nick & Sami to justify her reasons.

The sad thing is that all Gabi's jusfications are about her own best interest not that of her daughter Ari. Sami's made a lot of bad decisions but none of them have pointed to being a danger to her grand-daughter. Gabi justifies her actions either because Nick convinces her it best or Gabi protects her own best interest not caring if it hurts Will. Will doesn't deserve to get blamed for the rocky relationship that Gabi & Sami have built up.

Gabi's parenting is more reminiscent of Sami & Lucas's when Will was young that Will's is... Will is a factor and explain of someone who learned from the mistakes of his parents... meanwhile for different reasons Gabi is making similar mistakes to Sami & Lucas. Gabi loves her daughter however like Lucas and Sami at that age Gabi is very selfish is all about her. Will a better father then Lucas was at 21 years old... Lucas learns much more then Sami however over time both Lucas & Sami grew as parents ... Lucas simple did more then Sami..
Gabi has never tried to keep Arianna Grace from her father. Even when she first got pregnant, he was the first one she told. She never tried to keep it a secret from him, always said he would be part of the baby's life and to this day still supports and encourages Will and Sonny in their relationship with Ari. The problems she's having are not with Will and Sonny but just like at the very beginning, it's coming from Nick's manipulations and Sami sticking her nose where it doesn't belong and making things worse as usual. The slap was well deserved imo, Sami needs to butt out. Now if Gabi can finally come to realize that Nick is still pulling her strings , she and Will , Sonny and baby Ari could remain a happy little family, even after CB exits the show . Not ideal but Dan and Chloe's co parenting is working out just fine and it could work for all involved with baby Ari also.

WilSonJAb33
Member Avatar

Kinay
Apr 13 2014, 03:04 PM
WilSonJAb33

Sami needs to stop interfering in Will's life she always does or nearly does more damage that she does good

Gabi regardless of how angry she was at Sami should not have slapped her there was no justification for it. Gabi shouldn't have lied to Sami either however once Gabi did and once Sami learned Gabi did Sami should have waited told Will & Sonny and let the guys handle it post their mini honeymoon.

Gabi needs to STOP justifying her actions of what she does regarding Ari with actions that are not Will... Gabi doesn't have the right to hurt Will because she is angry at Sami. Will is a good father who loves his daughter who has bent over backwards to make things work with Gabi and he Sonny & Gabi all parenting Arianna.

Gabi has the right to move out however she doesn't have the right to justify her reasons the way she does, clearly things are justified by her argument with Sami and that is fair to no one but Gabi.

Basically my point is that Sami & Gabi their fight has proved why Sonny is right and why Will needs a custody agreement. Both woman act to rashly and Gabi uses others actions to justify the part in Ari's life she is willing to allow will to partake in it. Will loves his daughter and he doesn't deserve all the threats that Gabi make she gets angry of not allowing Will to be a part of his daughters life any longer. I am really hoping through may sweeps that Gabi his halted from attempting to destroy the bond that Will & Sonny have with Ari and using Nick & Sami to justify her reasons.

The sad thing is that all Gabi's jusfications are about her own best interest not that of her daughter Ari. Sami's made a lot of bad decisions but none of them have pointed to being a danger to her grand-daughter. Gabi justifies her actions either because Nick convinces her it best or Gabi protects her own best interest not caring if it hurts Will. Will doesn't deserve to get blamed for the rocky relationship that Gabi & Sami have built up.

Gabi's parenting is more reminiscent of Sami & Lucas's when Will was young that Will's is... Will is a factor and explain of someone who learned from the mistakes of his parents... meanwhile for different reasons Gabi is making similar mistakes to Sami & Lucas. Gabi loves her daughter however like Lucas and Sami at that age Gabi is very selfish is all about her. Will a better father then Lucas was at 21 years old... Lucas learns much more then Sami however over time both Lucas & Sami grew as parents ... Lucas simple did more then Sami..
Gabi has never tried to keep Arianna Grace from her father. Even when she first got pregnant, he was the first one she told. She never tried to keep it a secret from him, always said he would be part of the baby's life and to this day still supports and encourages Will and Sonny in their relationship with Ari. The problems she's having are not with Will and Sonny but just like at the very beginning, it's coming from Nick's manipulations and Sami sticking her nose where it doesn't belong and making things worse as usual. The slap was well deserved imo, Sami needs to butt out. Now if Gabi can finally come to realize that Nick is still pulling her strings , she and Will , Sonny and baby Ari could remain a happy little family, even after CB exits the show . Not ideal but Dan and Chloe's co parenting is working out just fine and it could work for all involved with baby Ari also.
Gabi told WILL for a while that all the decision about the raising of Ari would be hers and Nick that WILL wouldn't get a say but basically she was relegating Will to family friend rather then Ari father.. she blindly let Nick blackmail will out of his right with out being any wiser to his actions and buying that it was all about Sami and she basically placated Will that he still get to see the baby just not get a say in decision that effect her.

Since Ari birth ever time she has argued with Will, Sonny or Sami she has threated to remove Ari from Will's life when she doesn't like what been said it does seem to matter that it the truth. She not followed through but she continually make the threat to do it.

I am not going to address CB exit because I know something regarding that my cousin was at Freddie Smith's fan event.
Edited by WilSonJAb33, Apr 13 2014, 03:09 PM.

Kaha
Member Avatar

Yoryla
Apr 13 2014, 02:59 PM
Kaha
Apr 13 2014, 02:06 PM
I am watching the Friday episode now. Strange that Julie knows about Theresa attended the wedding but didn't Nick was not invited.

Liam is so creepy. I can't root for a creepy stalker no matter how amazing Mark Collier is.
I think Julie said "They invited Theresa", not that she was actually there. She probably knew who had been invited from beforehand.
Then she should've known Nick was not invited.

Interestingly, Theresa is to Will what Julie is to Nick. So, she shouldn't be indignant about Theresa's invite.

After watching the whole show, particularly, Gabi and EJ's scenes, I feel strongly that the slap was gratuitous. I think they're setting up Gabi to have an epic regret.

Sweet and Salty

Renaissance Girl
Apr 12 2014, 09:45 PM
Kaha
Apr 12 2014, 09:35 PM
Renaissance Girl
Apr 12 2014, 09:09 PM
Kaha
Apr 12 2014, 08:58 PM

Quoting limited to 4 levels deep
I think the only crime where the death penalty should be applicable is homicide. Rape is horrible but I think life in prison would suffice. I would like to believe that anyone is capable of remorse but as I've gotten older I realize now that there are such truly evil people in the world. Not everyone has the capacity for remorse.

Sociopaths and psychopaths are very good examples of those. Although I think it is technically true that anybody can choose to repent and make up for their misdeeds but for some people, they just don't have the capacity to do that. And even if they do, they just don't care either way.

If someone were to murder another in such a horrific way, I'd personally be advocating for that person to die. I think the justice system has been way too lenient on the criminals and too harsh on the victims. If an eye for an eye is the only way to send the message that crime will not be tolerated, so be it. I really would like for some criminals to be rehabilitated and I don't think it's wholly a bad idea but most of the time it just doesn't work. I wish things were different though.
To be clear, I don't think victims owe anyone forgiveness. They have a right to deal with their pain, anyway they see fit (as long as they're not taking justice in their own hands).

About your other points, "Sociopaths and psychopaths" are such a tiny subset of our society, we can't base our legal system on them. The Ted Bundys and Charles Mansons of the world are few and far in between. That's why they attract international headlines. Most criminals are either screwed up human beings or people who made huge mistakes.

And as someone who did an internship at a criminal courtroom, I disagree with you about our criminal justice system being lenient on anyone. Maybe the very few people with privilege who can afford a competent defense but most people who are accused of crimes, either plead guilty or have such a shoddy defense they get the max for small crimes.
I never said the victims have to forgive the perpetrators. They can curse them until the end of their days for all I care.

Well, in that case, I'm gonna have to take your word for that. Maybe the reason why there seems to be so many sickos in the world is because the media keeps on reporting on them. Ah, man... I really need to lay off reading comments off the CNN boards. They're the ones complaining on how the justice system is too lenient and on how they would be glad to be the first person to put a bullet on someone's head. They are some of the most negative, cynical and bitter people in the entire universe. Always insulting people by calling them 'stupid conservatives' and 'libtards'.

And I could have sworn our Constitution guaranteed the accused the right to have a lawyer to defend them if they cannot afford one. Oh well.
Yeah, I'd say that would be a good idea. :blulaugh:

Kinay

nananana7
Apr 13 2014, 02:49 PM
In my opinion ...

Sami was terrible.

Rafe and Lucas.

For Arianna
2) Will

If she allows Nick anywhere near Arianna, then she would lose custody but be allowed supervised visitation.

Those are my opinions.
I agree with most of your post but I don't think Sonny is the better parent for Arianna, Gabi and Will are. Gabi has not made a decision to be with Nick yet so to say that she shouldn't have custody if he's around is kind of premature. Gabi is still a good mother and so far has done nothing that would endanger her child. Until she does, I believe she is still the best candidate to raise Arianna with the baby's father and stepdad.

Kaha
Member Avatar

nananana7
In my opinion ...

Sami was terrible.

Rafe and Lucas.

For Arianna
2) Will

Those are my opinions.
I disagree with almost all of your points. There's no one better for a child than their parent, if the parent is not abusive or neglectful. Maybe EJ deserved to lose Johnny and Sidney after what he did to the kids (making Johnny believe his mother didn't love him), but right now, he seems like a good and loving parent.

magicsteacher
Member Avatar

Kaha
Apr 13 2014, 02:27 PM
Shawn Christian is a really limited actor. When he's angry he huffs and puffs. I feel like any minute, he's going to start ripping his shirt off his body and turn green.

Sami is so subdued with Julie. How so unlike her.
Why isn't Anne fired by now? She's broke so many rules, it should be easy for Jennifer or Daniel to file a complaint aganist her.

Why does Anne hate Dan so much? UGH! This s/l doesn't make any sense.
Anne was funny at first and provided some good comic relief, but now she is just plain annoying. She needs to go.

Kinay

WilSonJAb33
Apr 13 2014, 03:07 PM
Kinay
WilSonJAb33

Gabi told WILL for a while that all the decision about the raising of Ari would be hers and Nick that WILL wouldn't get a say but basically she was relegating Will to family friend rather then Ari father.. she blindly let Nick blackmail will out of his right with out being any wiser to his actions and buying that it was all about Sami and she basically placated Will that he still get to see the baby just not get a say in decision that effect her.

Since Ari birth ever time she has argued with Will, Sonny or Sami she has threated to remove Ari from Will's life when she doesn't like what been said it does seem to matter that it the truth. She not followed through but she continually make the threat to do it.

I am not going to address CB exit because I know something regarding that my cousin was at Freddie Smith's fan event.
How could she let Nick blackmail Will if she didn't know about it? All that happened when she was in a hospital bed and she only heard what she was told by Nick, who she didn't have any reason not to believe at the time.
Her threats to Sonny came out when they argued and he made threats of his own but I don't believe it was ever her intentions to keep her daughter from Will, ever. Even when she was suppose to go to New York, she had made up her mind not to go because she was torn up about separating Ari from Will.
I don't know how CM exits the show but if Sonny and Will end up with Ari, I hope it's not because they take the baby away from her mother .

WilSonJAb33
Member Avatar

Kinay
Apr 13 2014, 03:46 PM
WilSonJAb33
Kinay
WilSonJAb33

How could she let Nick blackmail Will if she didn't know about it? All that happened when she was in a hospital bed and she only heard what she was told by Nick, who she didn't have any reason not to believe at the time.
Her threats to Sonny came out when they argued and he made threats of his own but I don't believe it was ever her intentions to keep her daughter from Will, ever. Even when she was suppose to go to New York, she had made up her mind not to go because she was torn up about separating Ari from Will.
I don't know how CM exits the show but if Sonny and Will end up with Ari, I hope it's not because they take the baby away from her mother .
again I know what FS said on that front if you want to know send me a message... it not seeming simple from what my cousin told me about what came out at the fan event. The are other factor wrapped up in both the situation with Ari and Gabi's direct exit and the reason for it.

Gabi was blind to Nick actions that why I think she let Nick do his blackmailing had she been paying more attention to the why Nick treated Will... he wouldn't have had the room to blackmail will *that is my opinion on how things played out* I think Gabi had the power to prevent Nick from taking his actions make saying with him or not that WILL would be considered the baby's father... birth certificate and all I think that Gabi took to long to stand up to Nick on that point... to me it was more the opening Gabi left for Nick to blackmail then the fact she knew he was doing it.

nananana7
Member Avatar

nananana7
In my opinion ...

Sami was terrible.

Rafe and Lucas.

For Arianna
2) Will

Those are my opinions.
Kaha
Apr 13 2014, 03:27 PM
I disagree with almost all of your points. There's no one better for a child than their parent, if the parent is not abusive or neglectful. Maybe EJ deserved to lose Johnny and Sidney after what he did to the kids (making Johnny believe his mother didn't love him), but right now, he seems like a good and loving parent.

I should have clarified that I wasn't speaking from the point of view of what social services or a family court judge would decide.

I was speaking from my own point of view of who I think are the best people.

The whole legal custom of "there's no one better for a child than their parent, if the parent is not abusive or neglectful." -- might be what exists in our society -- but it's not my *personal* belief.

My *personal* belief is that the best parents are the ones who show good examples *AND* give love.

I believe the character of EJ is written to be obsessive and sometimes pleasant but NOT loving. Furthermore he's a rapist and kidneystealer and etc. EJ is the worst example of a human being, and therefore I personally would prefer he have zero access to *any* children.

Many years ago, Sami's character was written as a schemer with a real heart -- but through the years she has become -- at best self-absorbed, and at worst a villainess. She seems mostly heartless nowadays. Therefore I would have allowed her partial contact with Will but only supervised contact with Johnny, Allie, and Sydney.

Lucas used to have some moral values, but they rarely show him anymore, so who knows what the writers think he is now. They bring him out for a few scenes but they don't show much -- except for the WilSon wedding scenes. I see Lucas as a bumbling parent but someone with a genuine good heart.

Gabi is insecure and wanting lots of attention. But she hasn't (yet) gone down Sami's road. I think she could be redeemed if the story is written right. But for now I don't trust her. (Yes I know the actress is leaving, but I'm just saying what I think should happen if she were staying).

Kinay

WilSonJAb33
Apr 13 2014, 03:55 PM
Kinay
WilSonJAb33
Kinay

Quoting limited to 4 levels deep Sami & Gabi's argument...

again I know what FS said on that front if you want to know send me a message... it not seeming simple from what my cousin told me about what came out at the fan event. The are other factor wrapped up in both the situation with Ari and Gabi's direct exit and the reason for it.

Gabi was blind to Nick actions that why I think she let Nick do his blackmailing had she been paying more attention to the why Nick treated Will... he wouldn't have had the room to blackmail will *that is my opinion on how things played out* I think Gabi had the power to prevent Nick from taking his actions make saying with him or not that WILL would be considered the baby's father... birth certificate and all I think that Gabi took to long to stand up to Nick on that point... to me it was more the opening Gabi left for Nick to blackmail then the fact she knew he was doing it.
There is no denying that Gabi is very naīve and has totally been manipulated by Nick. I just don't believe that he could control her to the point of keeping Will from his own child. I just never saw that in her, she was always adamant about Will being part of Ari's life.
Thanks a lot for the offer for a peek at how it all ends, I am tempted but I think I will wait and see how it all plays out on my screen. :)

WilSonJAb33
Member Avatar

Kinay
Apr 13 2014, 04:34 PM
WilSonJAb33
Apr 13 2014, 03:55 PM
Kinay
WilSonJAb33

Quoting limited to 4 levels deep Sami & Gabi's argument...

There is no denying that Gabi is very naīve and has totally been manipulated by Nick. I just don't believe that he could control her to the point of keeping Will from his own child. I just never saw that in her, she was always adamant about Will being part of Ari's life.
Thanks a lot for the offer for a peek at how it all ends, I am tempted but I think I will wait and see how it all plays out on my screen. :)
You welcome... I figure if someone wanted to know the could ask me what I got from the texts from my cousin who was there but at the same time I wouldn't be telling those you didn't want to know.

Gabi is naīve you right but that is why I think that fact that she wasn't paying attention to what Nick did behind her back could have been so dangerous if the entire Jensen situation hadn't brought his actions to light. But that what just may take... Nick had the wool over Gabi's eyes had she not been so naīve I think that is what could have changed or prevent Nick's black mail and I think what I like least is that Gabi isn't being shown as learning from this past right now she leading toward at a steady pace letting Nick back into her life in a romantic nature and as a viewer I have issues with that on many fronts from Ari to the fact that Gabi looks dumber then the first round if she follows through.

stormymac
Member Avatar

Kinay
WilSonJAb33
Kinay
WilSonJAb33

Gabi did know about the blackmail. When Nick brought Gabi home from the hospital, he told her he knew something about Will's family and the only way he would keep quiet about it would be if Will signed away his parental rights. He kept trying to say that it wasn't blackmail, it was a deal, but Gabi said it sounded like blackmail.

jam6242
Member Avatar

Am I understanding correctly? Freddie Smith spoiled in detail Gabi's exit at his fan event?

am103
Member Avatar

Sigh. I miss Lindsay Hartley/Arianna. She was my favorite of the Hernandez's. She was feisty, especially in her rivalries with Sami and Nicole, and she had great potential with James Scott/EJ. Huge missed opportunity there!

Always great to see Julie. The show needs to continue to use her more often!

I like this Liam story, but I hate the couple at the root of it. I've also decided that Shawn Christian would make an EXCELLENT Bruce Banner.

Kaha
Member Avatar

jam6242
Apr 13 2014, 05:00 PM
Am I understanding correctly? Freddie Smith spoiled in detail Gabi's exit at his fan event?
No, he didn't.

WilSonJAb33
Member Avatar

jam6242
Apr 13 2014, 05:00 PM

Freddie Smith addressed something the show and given minor but consistent hint to regarding a character to young to make a choice for themselves.

There has been anvils about this younger characters story line that well it doesn't bash one character is supports two other remaining a major part of the character life. FS due to a questions addressed this more directly.
Edited by WilSonJAb33, Apr 13 2014, 07:00 PM.

crookedhalo
Member Avatar

not getting involved with anything....

I clapped my hands, out loud, to see Gabi bitch slap Sami!!

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
ZetaBoards gives you all the tools to create a successful discussion community.
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply