Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Ratings Report for the Week of March 31 – April 4, 2014
Topic Started: Apr 11 2014, 01:22 PM (1,921 Views)
T-Love74
Member Avatar

Total Viewers
1. Y&R 4,544,000 (-275,000/-125,000)
2. B&B 3,529,000 (-158,000/+221,000)
3. GH 2,875,000 (-183,000/+83,000)
4. DAYS 2,423,000 (-22,000/+113,000)

Households
1. Y&R 3.4/11 (-.1/same)
2. B&B 2.6/9 (-.1/+.2)
3. GH 2.2/7 (-.1/+.1)
4. DAYS 1.8/6 (-.1/same)

Women 18-49 Viewers
1. Y&R 795,000 (-6,000/-95,000)
2. GH 680,000 (-93,000/+20,000)
3. B&B 617,000 (-39,000/-152,000)
4. DAYS 573,000 (-24,000/-92,000)

Women 18-49 Rating
1. Y&R 1.2/9 (-.1/-.2)
2. GH 1.1/7 (-.1/+.1)
3. B&B 1.0/7 (same/-.1)
4. DAYS 0.9/6 (same/+.1)

Women 18-34 Viewers
1. GH 238,000 (+5,000/+51,000)
2. Y&R 215,000 (-15,000/-21,000)
3. DAYS 163,000 (-7,000/+26,000)
4. B&B 153,000 (-36,000/-14,000)

Women 18-34 Rating
1. GH 0.7 (same/+.1)
2. Y&R 0.6 (-.1/-.1)
3. DAYS 0.5 (same/+.1)
4. B&B 0.5 (-.1/same)

Women 25-54 Viewers
1. Y&R 1,126,000 (-6,000/-67,000)
2. GH 917,000 (-100,000/-1,000)
3. B&B 891,000 (-24,000/-11,000)
4. DAYS 690,000 (-5,000/+47,000)

Women 25-54 Rating
1. Y&R 1.9 (same/-.1)
2. B&B 1.5 (same/same)
2. GH 1.5 (-.2/same)
4. DAYS 1.1 (same/same)

Day-To-Day Ratings ń HH/Total Viewers

B&B
Monday: 2.7/3,577,000
Tuesday: 2.5/3,267,000
Wednesday: 2.5/3,583,000
Thursday: 2.9/3,738,000
Friday: 2.6/3,478,000

DAYS
Monday: 1.8/2,493,000
Tuesday: 1.9/2,437,000
Wednesday: 1.9/2,491,000
Thursday: 1.7/2,314,000
Friday: 1.7/2,378,000

GH
Monday: 2.3/2,985,000
Tuesday: 2.1/2,920,000
Wednesday: 2.1/2,952,000
Thursday: 2.1/2,700,000
Friday: 2.1/2,834,000

Y&R
Monday: 3.5/4,839,000
Tuesday: 3.3/4,391,000
Wednesday: 3.1/4,232,000
Thursday: 3.6/4,680,000
Friday: 3.3/4,577,000

http://www.soapoperanetwork.com/2014/04/ratings-all-soaps-down-2#ixzz2ybTBylFN
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Kevc1980
Member Avatar

So Days didn't get a bump from the Wilson wedding. OUCH. Hopefully, Kristen gets here soon to rescue the ratings!

lysie
Member Avatar

This almost exactly what days ratings looked like a year ago. They were down from the precious week but significantly up over the previous year. That means they're really significantly up from two years ago. We're never going to get new writers.

lysie
Member Avatar

Kevc1980
Apr 11 2014, 01:35 PM
So Days didn't get a bump from the Wilson wedding. OUCH. Hopefully, Kristen gets here soon to rescue the ratings!
I don't think it would have been better if they'd advertised it more but considering the lack of promotion, I can't imagine they were expecting great ratings. That's probably why they put it on that week anyway.

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

The Wilson wedding was incredibly boring and overhyped by the actors...I am not surprised in the least it had no impact on the ratings.

DAYS is very boring right now.....the show has shifted the focus back to Daniel & Jennifer, which imo is very detrimental. Not only that but DAYS has totally snuffed out any excitement over the Abby/EJ affair, has backburned the Nick thing, deflated the Ericole ballon ten fold and have literally not gone ANYWHERE exciting with the Rafe/Jordan pairing that has been on the frontburner....on top of all that John has returned and is pretty much already backburned.

The only small bright spots on this show are Haiden (and that is really stretching it), Lucas/Sheryl/Kate (which is basically done with JH being fired before she even began, so I assume back to the backburner Lucas/BD will go) and Theresa (who has been reduced to Brady's play toy).

DAYS is a boring mess right now and I can barely get through an episode. Things need to change or the days of good ratings will be FIRMLY behind this show.

It is amazing how quickly things have literally imploded with this show.....Jan/Feb were fabulous and March was like a bomb of destruction, which is even worse so far into April.
Edited by Mitchapalooza, Apr 11 2014, 02:03 PM.

SunAngel
Member Avatar

Kevc1980
Not only that, they even fell a bit to 1.7 (wedding was Thursday, if I remember correctly)

T-Love74
Member Avatar

Is it mean 4 me 2 say that I'm thrilled over Y&Rs ratings slippage? LoL

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
♥ Jax Teller♥

The show has been a bit on the boring side since March....and April hasn't been much better...clearly the only bright spot for me personally was Lucas/Sheryl this week but the Wilson wedding was very nice, anti climactic and boring....sorry but when they don't give me reason to be excited over a wedding of a couple I actually like then what the hell can I do...I watched but was I excited to watch after day 1? Not really, as I knew nothing would happen at the wedding.....maybe the rest of the viewers felt the same way and tuned out as the week went by. That being said, the show could have lost more viewers...and they are still doing better this year at this time than last year....so that is also good.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

bygnedys

No, it is well deserved, they seem to be dragging out stories for their return of their precious Phyllis and Adam. :soapbox:

They need to stop putting their eggs in the boring Avery and Lily baskets. :sleep:

I want to watch for Jill and Colin, but they won't show them except every 2 or 3 weeks and won't advance the story. :toetap:

As much as I wanted to watch Tristan, who will always be Scorpio to me, I am going to stop watching too. These current writers can't write interesting stories.

3WishGenie
Member Avatar

Mitchapalooza
Apr 11 2014, 01:55 PM
The Wilson wedding was incredibly boring and overhyped by the actors...I am not surprised in the least it had no impact on the ratings.

DAYS is very boring right now.....the show has shifted the focus back to Daniel & Jennifer, which imo is very detrimental. Not only that but DAYS has totally snuffed out any excitement over the Abby/EJ affair, has backburned the Nick thing, deflated the Ericole ballon ten fold and have literally not gone ANYWHERE exciting with the Rafe/Jordan pairing that has been on the frontburner....on top of all that John has returned and is pretty much already backburned.

The only small bright spots on this show are Haiden (and that is really stretching it), Lucas/Sheryl/Kate (which is basically done with JH being fired before she even began, so I assume back to the backburner Lucas/BD will go) and Theresa (who has been reduced to Brady's play toy).

DAYS is a boring mess right now and I can barely get through an episode. Things need to change or the days of good ratings will be FIRMLY behind this show.

It is amazing how quickly things have literally imploded with this show.....Jan/Feb were fabulous and March was like a bomb of destruction, which is even worse so far into April.
THIS!!! Maybe they have toned down March and April in order to ramp things up for May sweeps.

Kirk
Member Avatar
Captain Kirk

Mitchapalooza

I agree with the entire post. Nothing is really happening and the show just plain sucks. Hopefully May is more of what January and February were.

trojangal
Member Avatar

Mitchapalooza

Agree x 1000

Days has been soooo boring the past 2 months, really nothing to look forward
hopefully May sweeps rock

trojangal
Member Avatar

lysie
This almost exactly what days ratings looked like a year ago. They were down from the precious week but significantly up over the previous year. That means they're really significantly up from two years ago. We're never going to get new writers.
I for one hated Days 2 years ago lol

lovinsafe
Member Avatar

There is room on my screen for more then raping priests and women, drugging priests, doctors, and businessmen! I have a wild idea how about some “good old-fashion love” Daytime soaps have always been about true love, families, with a few bumps in the road and a good old murder mystery added for good measure, something DAYS has forgotten! The other 3 daytime soaps still use this formula and it’s working for them.

trojangal
Member Avatar

lovinsafe
Apr 11 2014, 04:02 PM
There is room on my screen for more then raping priests and women, drugging priests, doctors, and businessmen! I have a wild idea how about some “good old-fashion love” Daytime soaps have always been about true love, families, with a few bumps in the road and a good old murder mystery added for good measure, something DAYS has forgotten! The other 3 daytime soaps still use this formula and it’s working for them.
In my opinion TPTB at Days are taking the easy way out & going for shock value to get ratings. They are not
giving us engaging story-lines &
some good drama. Shocking stuff might get some to to tune in but it is killing the show.

lovinsafe
Member Avatar

trojangal
Apr 11 2014, 04:10 PM
lovinsafe
In my opinion TPTB at Days are taking the easy way out & going for shock value to get ratings. They are not
some good drama. Shocking stuff might get some to to tune in but it is killing the show.
I don’t see anything shocking about the show….these SL have been done over and over again. The only thing that changed is the characters and day!

michr544125

lysie
Apr 11 2014, 01:37 PM
Kevc1980
I don't think it would have been better if they'd advertised it more but considering the lack of promotion, I can't imagine they were expecting great ratings. That's probably why they put it on that week anyway.
I think the reason it wasn't promoted was because they were scared they'd lose more ratings from certain viewers. I think the promo was shown all of twice and they waited till a few days before to do any more promotion for it. I thought Wednesday was extremely boring and a terrible build up to the wedding and feared people would tune out. I do think more promotion further ahead of time would have helped a bit but maybe I'm wrong. Days obviously isn't invested in Wilson anymore.

The show is one hot mess right now. It's so boring that I'm barely watching the show. It's overload of Theresa, Jen, Dan, JJ, Paige. No thanks. Not interested. I liked Theresa at first but to be the center of the show isn't working. Her story is so stale just like every other story. You miss two months you haven't missed a thing on Days. There is nothing going on. They have to have events at least every few weeks to keep it interesting. GH at least has a mix of stories going on and they always have big events going on.

trojangal
Member Avatar

lovinsafe
Apr 11 2014, 05:00 PM
trojangal
Apr 11 2014, 04:10 PM
lovinsafe
I don’t see anything shocking about the show….these SL have been done over and over again. The only thing that changed is the characters and day!
Shocking to us No
but the tptb seem to think their little twists & mini cliffhangers
are ohh so shocking! And that their twist will get us to tune in for more.
Most of the spoilers released each week are exaggerated & when you actually sit down to watch the show you
are underwhelmed.
even without following spoilers Who didn't figure out Nick was going to re-appear at the christening or
that Stephano knew about EJabby .

trojangal
Member Avatar

michr544125
Apr 11 2014, 05:18 PM
lysie
Apr 11 2014, 01:37 PM
Kevc1980
I think the reason it wasn't promoted was because they were scared they'd lose more ratings from certain viewers. I think the promo was shown all of twice and they waited till a few days before to do any more promotion for it. I thought Wednesday was extremely boring and a terrible build up to the wedding and feared people would tune out. I do think more promotion further ahead of time would have helped a bit but maybe I'm wrong. Days obviously isn't invested in Wilson anymore.

The show is one hot mess right now. It's so boring that I'm barely watching the show. It's overload of Theresa, Jen, Dan, JJ, Paige. No thanks. Not interested. I liked Theresa at first but to be the center of the show isn't working. Her story is so stale just like every other story. You miss two months you haven't missed a thing on Days. There is nothing going on. They have to have events at least every few weeks to keep it interesting. GH at least has a mix of stories going on and they always have big events going on.
I am sure you are right about the Wilson wedding promos.

ShaneDOOLFan

They really didnt promote the wedding and the loss of viewership from the previous week isn't that much to write about to be honest when you compare the other three soaps who lost HUNDREDS of thousands of viewers from the previous week. Though DOOL is boring, it is still quite stable with it's audience.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · General Daytime News · Next Topic »
Add Reply