Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Locked Topic
SOD: Brady dumps Theresa
Topic Started: Apr 11 2014, 01:25 PM (3,421 Views)
lysie
Member Avatar

The latest SOD has an article in it about Brady and Theresa.

Theresa tries to keep Brady close, but backfires when he breaks up with her. Jen Lilley says that though they're both addicts, Brady is deeper into his addiction than Theresa is. When she tries to tempt him with cocaine, he knows he can't do that.

Lilley reports that the break up brings back painful memories for Theresa because no one has been consistent in her life. Her father was absent because he was a spy and her mother was a child psychologist and that made the lines blurred between her role as a mother and her role in her career. Theresa believes people will always let her down.

Right now, Eric is the only person in her corner. He thinks Brady is trouble and wants him to stay away from Theresa. Eric understands that despite her tough girl act, she's very fragile.

Theresa hopes things aren't really over with Brady because she doesn't want to lose him.

Pick up the latest SOD for the full article.
Offline Profile Goto Top

freedom

Bye, bitch!
Offline Profile Goto Top

fundays13
Member Avatar

freedom
Apr 11 2014, 01:31 PM
Bye, bitch!
:applause: out of salem,preferably
Offline Profile Goto Top

trojangal
Member Avatar

Teresa isn't going anywhere, the show is bringing her half-sister Eve on shortly.
I love Jen L as Teresa, I just wish she wasn't involved in Fetch. Her story with Brady is entertaining
at least & I can't wait to see what happens when Kristin comes back to salem.
Offline Profile Goto Top

waterlilly
Member Avatar

Eric? Hasn't he learned to stay out of Brady's business? Especially female business.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Renaissance Girl

Ha! I KNEW IT! I KNEW IT! I knew that when Brady told Maggie the reason why he's really with Theresa that this was going to happen. I knew this spoiler couldn't possibly be fake! Deductive reasoning rules!
Online Profile Goto Top

Sariah
Member Avatar

It's probably because I only watch characters/scenes sporadically, but I like Theresa. I don't even mind her with Brady. I don't like her Daniel obsession, but I'm hopeful Brady will help her get over that. Anyone out to get Jennifer is okay by me (see also: Liam).

Offline Profile Goto Top

Yoryla
Member Avatar

fundays13
Apr 11 2014, 02:38 PM
freedom
Apr 11 2014, 01:31 PM
Bye, bitch!
:applause: out of salem,preferably
Bwahhahahahaa!

LIKE!
Offline Profile Goto Top

Yoryla
Member Avatar

lysie
Apr 11 2014, 01:25 PM
The latest SOD has an article in it about Brady and Theresa.

Theresa tries to keep Brady close, but backfires when he breaks up with her. Jen Lilley says that though they're both addicts, Brady is deeper into his addiction than Theresa is. When she tries to tempt him with cocaine, he knows he can't do that.

Lilley reports that the break up brings back painful memories for Theresa because no one has been consistent in her life. Her father was absent because he was a spy and her mother was a child psychologist and that made the lines blurred between her role as a mother and her role in her career. Theresa believes people will always let her down.

Right now, Eric is the only person in her corner. He thinks Brady is trouble and wants him to stay away from Theresa. Eric understands that despite her tough girl act, she's very fragile.

Theresa hopes things aren't really over with Brady because she doesn't want to lose him.

Um, what?

Yeah, Kim & Shane have had their problems as everyone else, but I do not believe for one fleeting moment they were bad parents.

Especially not after seeing them visit Salem last November. They truly seemed at a *total* loss as to why their daughter would be acting like this, when realistically she should have all things that the world has to offer, going for her.

If Sami Brady can bring up four children as well as she has (we have yet to see the adult results of Allie, Johnny & Sydney, of course, but still), I'm pretty sure Kim & Shane can.

This is why this character has never made any sense in the first place. She should be more in the direction of what Abigail is and what Belle was. There is no real reason or motivation for her actions and behaving this way, none that we have ever seen happening. At least with Sami, we could see everything that was happening with her, on screen. There is no special place for the audience for Theresa, because there's no history. As she is now, she could be any random troublemaker off the street.
Edited by Yoryla, Apr 11 2014, 05:32 PM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

freedom

Poor Theresa. Everything is Kim and Shane's fault. Whatever!

You're a bitchy, money-grubbing druggie, and it's your own responsibility. Not your parents. YOURS. Own it.

JL is fanwanking in the same vein as AZ was a few weeks back, and KM. Whitewashing Theresa'a motivations and tying to give her an out. Just own it. Quit actor-wanking.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Rosebud
Member Avatar

Well, so the reason for changing John's past AGAIN is already over? Whatever. I wonder who's next in line to be Brady's new disaster relationship?
Offline Profile Goto Top

lysie
Member Avatar

My biggest issue with this whole thing is the paradox that Brady is further into his addiction despite him being able to turn down cocaine.
Offline Profile Goto Top

phloe3

I doubt they will be broken up for long
Offline Profile Goto Top

Rosebud
Member Avatar

lysie

So this is the back story they've given Jen Lilley? Nothing like perpetuating bad history, TomSell. Sounds like a whole lot of woe-is-me rubbish. And she hopes things aren't over with Brady because she doesn't want to lose him? Doesn't she mean she doesn't want to lose his money? Hang on to that purse, Thereanie!
Offline Profile Goto Top

freedom

Rosebud
Apr 11 2014, 05:45 PM
lysie

So this is the back story they've given Jen Lilley? Nothing like perpetuating bad history, TomSell. Sounds like a whole lot of woe-is-me rubbish. And she hopes things aren't over with Brady because she doesn't want to lose him? Doesn't she mean she doesn't want to lose his money? Hang on to that purse, Thereanie!
Exactly. She doesn't want to lose his money. The "woe is me" tale is hilarious.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Renaissance Girl

This might sound stupid and all of you here are free to disagree with me because I honestly don't care either way but I might have a theory to explain Theresa's behavior. If I recall correctly, I think Kimberly(?) was the one whose Uncle Eric abused her in her youth. Maybe Theresa's behavior might not entirely be Shane and Kimberly's fault. Sure, Shane should have tried to make more time for Theresa if possible and Kimberly should have done a better job raising Theresa. But I don't think they're bad people and more than likely they have tried to raise their daughter right. And excuse my long winding rant and just let me cut to the chase because I'm seriously digressing here.

I think history might have repeated itself here and perhaps somewhere in her childhood/teens Theresa may have been sexually abused. Maybe by any of her family members, (I don't know if her Uncle Eric was still alive during her childhood, but I doubt it), or maybe a babysitter or nanny Shane or Kimberly MAY HAVE hired possibly could have harmed her. Or maybe some pedophile teacher at whatever school she could have attended could have been molesting her.

I mean, it's possible that any of those scenarios could have happened. It probably doesn't even manner when it happened; this type of event could have had long lasting effects on her for a while and I think it may have manifested itself when she started getting into trouble.

Frankly it doesn't really EXCUSE her behavior in any shape or form but at least it might provide an explanation for why she acts the way she does. Again you can disagree with me and say I am talking out of my ass and I'm just coming up with lame ass excuses for her but this is just speculation on my part. I mean, supposedly the late Corey Haim was molested in his teens and he ended up deep in drug addiction. I think it might actually be possible. But again I digress.
Edited by Renaissance Girl, Apr 11 2014, 06:28 PM.
Online Profile Goto Top

blueskies
Member Avatar

i so don't even care anymore. Wow this show has lost me in the last month....so boring...
Offline Profile Goto Top

Will&Sonny

lysie
Apr 11 2014, 05:42 PM
My biggest issue with this whole thing is the paradox that Brady is further into his addiction despite him being able to turn down cocaine.
That just goes back to the issue I've talked about a few times before -- misconceptions about addiction. Jen Lilley apparently thinks that Theresa is an addict, and some of the characters on the show do, too, and perhaps at least some, if not all, of the writers think of her that way, depending on their own misconceptions about the matter, but from what we've seen on-screen, I don't think she's an addict at all -- she's just a girl who likes cocaine. We all know that it is possible to like alcohol without being an alcoholic, but because drugs carry their own stigma, most people seem to automatically label all drug users addicts, despite the fact that use doesn't always equal abuse. That goes for all forms of addiction, of course; it is completely possible for a person to smoke cigarettes every day or drink coffee every day and never actually develop an addiction to either vice.

We have seen no indication that Theresa's fondness for drugs consumes her, but we do know that Brady is not able to use cocaine without letting it consume him (and he's working his way to the point where he will no longer be able to use alcohol without letting it consume him, either, although I'm not sure that he's quite there yet -- he still seems to be able to pick and choose when he will or will not drink a bit too easily to be addicted to alcohol). Some people can use potentially addictive substances without letting those substances consume them, and some people can't -- that's just how it is. It doesn't really make Theresa stronger than Brady or anything -- it's just a fact of life. She can handle it, he can't. Until we are shown that Theresa is an addict instead of just being told that she is, I can't really believe that it's anything more than just a case of people throwing around the word without being fully aware of what it means.
Offline Profile Goto Top

rknudson78
Member Avatar

Thank god, I was hoping that Brady would come to his senses.
Offline Profile Goto Top

phloe3

no offense to JL, but I notice some of her articles don't correlate with what is on screen. She had one a few weeks ago where she made it sound like Teresa and Brady would declare their feelings. I didn't see that onscreen. JMO
Offline Profile Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Locked Topic