Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
SOD: Rafe blasts Nick
Topic Started: Apr 11 2014, 01:29 PM (1,798 Views)
lysie
Member Avatar

The most recent SOD has an article about Rafe's confrontation with Nick.

Rafe is furious when he finds out that Gabi is once again under Nick's spell. He decides to confront Nick because he realizes there's no point in talking to Gabi about it.

Nick doesn't seem bothered by the encounter, but Rafe tells him this is his last warning.

Pick up the latest SOD for all the details.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

DiMeraFan67
Member Avatar

This seems to irrelevant to me. Yeah, Rafe should find out about what happened between Gabi and Nick, but I don't see the consequences. Maybe Rafe can put some legal pressure on Nick, but he can't do so without threatening a lot of other people at the same time. Also if they're setting up a real "Who Killed Nick?" storyline then Rafe won't even be a believable suspect. Although this could explain why Rafe suddenly feels like punching everyone.
Edited by DiMeraFan67, Apr 11 2014, 02:02 PM.

nananana7
Member Avatar

I'm guessing that Rafe doesn't find out that Nick tried to rape Gabi.
I'm guessing that Rafe doesn't find out much of anything.

I'm guessing that all Rafe finds out is that Gabi is again involved with Nick.

In other words, Rafe will yell but nothing will happen.

fundays13
Member Avatar

Unless this leads to rafe being prime suspect in Nick murder,this is so pointless. I' d rather read about ericole stuff or Liam / danifer

waterlilly
Member Avatar

The person Rafe should speak to is his sister (I know he tried that). He should be quietly snooping on Nick. Get some info like a real cop would. Oh, ok I forgot not going to happen.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

trojangal
Member Avatar

Rafe vs Nick
Not getting my hopes up
sounds like a whole lot of nothing

cryin4days

It has made no sense how closed off Rafe has been from all of the drama surrounding Gabi and it's equally ridiculous how EJ and Sami have been involved in everything relating to Gabi since November while the writers busied Rafe with this going nowhere plot with Jordan. I'd much rather see Rafe playing a more active role in Gabi's life as he did prior to 2013 before the TPTB decided that everything should revolve around Sami and EJ. Rafe's baby sister was almost raped and he knows nothing about it. She thought she killed a man and Rafe knows nothing about it. Rafe's distance from this story was completely ass backwards.

waterlilly
Member Avatar

cryin4days
Apr 11 2014, 03:44 PM
It has made no sense how closed off Rafe has been from all of the drama surrounding Gabi and it's equally ridiculous how EJ and Sami have been involved in everything relating to Gabi since November while the writers busied Rafe with this going nowhere plot with Jordan. I'd much rather see Rafe playing a more active role in Gabi's life as he did prior to 2013 before the TPTB decided that everything should revolve around Sami and EJ. Rafe's baby sister was almost raped and he knows nothing about it. She thought she killed a man and Rafe knows nothing about it. Rafe's distance from this story was completely ass backwards.
Agree :shrug:

Hamilton
Member Avatar

cryin4days
Absolutely! It's an embarrassment how they've treated Rafe in this story. Not only is Rafe smart, but he's a take charge guy. To show him ranting and punching people is such a disservice to the character they've built. Let him be clever in handling Nick. Let him also be more influential with Gabi. She's always looked up to her big brother. Let Rafe give her pause to her actions. It's also time to let him in on what went down with Nick that started all this in the first place. It was ridiculous they didn't allow him to pick up on her stress at the time and look into it.

There was a scene where he mentioned taking Gabi and the baby to see his mom and I thought what a great idea. Get her away from Nick's influence for awhile. I was really hoping the sibs could reconnect and Gabi would open up to him at that point. I should have known it was just a throw away line. I hope next week this is more than an empty threat and Rafe indeed becomes more involved in Gabi's story.

Forgot to mention how sad it is that they cut Rafe completely out and put Ej in as her surrogate brother. It never sat right. Rafe and Gabi have the best sibling chemistry. I hate that we are going to be losing that on screen and even worse that Days sidelined it before Camila leaves for good.
Edited by Hamilton, Apr 11 2014, 06:14 PM.

Kaha
Member Avatar

Hamilton
Apr 11 2014, 06:08 PM
cryin4days
Absolutely! It's an embarrassment how they've treated Rafe in this story. Not only is Rafe smart, but he's a take charge guy. To show him ranting and punching people is such a disservice to the character they've built. Let him be clever in handling Nick. Let him also be more influential with Gabi. She's always looked up to her big brother. Let Rafe give her pause to her actions. It's also time to let him in on what went down with Nick that started all this in the first place. It was ridiculous they didn't allow him to pick up on her stress at the time and look into it.

There was a scene where he mentioned taking Gabi and the baby to see his mom and I thought what a great idea. Get her away from Nick's influence for awhile. I was really hoping the sibs could reconnect and Gabi would open up to him at that point. I should have known it was just a throw away line. I hope next week this is more than an empty threat and Rafe indeed becomes more involved in Gabi's story.

Forgot to mention how sad it is that they cut Rafe completely out and put Ej in as her surrogate brother. It never sat right. Rafe and Gabi have the best sibling chemistry. I hate that we are going to be losing that on screen and even worse that Days sidelined it before Camila leaves for good.
It was strange how Rafe was not even curious when Gabi decided not to move to NY after all. I don't even think he asked her. What about when she was a basket-case and everyone else could see, except her brother. I hope he uses his law enforcement background to get the goods on Nick.

BeeBee
Member Avatar

Hamilton
cryin4days

It is really weird that the writers show EJ cautioning Gabi about Nick in a calm supportive non abusive way while having her brother talk to her the same way that Sami talks to her,condescending raised voice.
Edited by BeeBee, Apr 12 2014, 03:38 AM.

Safensane

Totally agree with all the previous posts. They have written Rafe as oblivious with little curiosity re Gabi's new interest in Nick. EJ is now her new "brother" and advisor. For months they have left Rafe out of the loop, unaware of his sister's attempted rape, Nick's blackmailing, and allowing him to believe Kate incapable of going after Jordan. For Pete's sake, he's a cop and ex FBI agent...if he were that blind and stupid, he never would have survived in his job. It's ridiculous and sad how the writers have dumbed down this character in order to make a criminal the hero.

crookedhalo
Member Avatar

Kaha
Apr 11 2014, 06:39 PM
Hamilton
cryin4days

It was strange how Rafe was not even curious when Gabi decided not to move to NY after all. I don't even think he asked her. What about when she was a basket-case and everyone else could see, except her brother. I hope he uses his law enforcement background to get the goods on Nick.
his brain fell into Jordan's crotch and hasn't been seen since, I'm surprised he hasn't been dwindled down to only making caveman grunts.
But, then again, I think the ideal of Nick acting threatening to Rafe is kingly stupid... I mean this guy has been imprisioned away three times and either physically or emotionally tortured, he's been dropped into a freezing river and survived for days on drift wood, he's been drugged, has had amnesia, and has been stabbed twice...not to mention he graduated top of his class from the FBI academy. Yeah, Nick, do it, dumbass.

Lady Evol

crookedhalo
Apr 12 2014, 12:53 PM
Kaha
Hamilton
cryin4days

his brain fell into Jordan's crotch and hasn't been seen since, I'm surprised he hasn't been dwindled down to only making caveman grunts.
But, then again, I think the ideal of Nick acting threatening to Rafe is kingly stupid... I mean this guy has been imprisioned away three times and either physically or emotionally tortured, he's been dropped into a freezing river and survived for days on drift wood, he's been drugged, has had amnesia, and has been stabbed twice...not to mention he graduated top of his class from the FBI academy. Yeah, Nick, do it, dumbass.
Shit man, I wish they were still writing for THAT Rafe. THAT Rafe would actually be interesting. THIS Rafe hasn't been interesting since he met Carrie.

crookedhalo
Member Avatar

Lady Evol
Apr 12 2014, 12:59 PM
crookedhalo
Kaha
Hamilton

Quoting limited to 4 levels deep
Shit man, I wish they were still writing for THAT Rafe. THAT Rafe would actually be interesting. THIS Rafe hasn't been interesting since he met Carrie.
They need to cut out the sweet nothingcrap of Jafe and jump right in to the nitty gritty and be done with it. This shit sucks extremely large rocks.

waterlilly
Member Avatar

My name is waterlilly and I approve these messages
Edited by waterlilly, Apr 12 2014, 03:09 PM.

Hamilton
Member Avatar

Lady Evol
Apr 12 2014, 12:59 PM
crookedhalo
Kaha
Hamilton

But, then again, I think the ideal of Nick acting threatening to Rafe is kingly stupid... I mean this guy has been imprisoned away three times and either physically or emotionally tortured, he's been dropped into a freezing river and survived for days on drift wood, he's been drugged, has had amnesia, and has been stabbed twice...not to mention he graduated top of his class from the FBI academy. Yeah, Nick, do it, dumbass.
Yep. Carrie and catching cats began his demise as the smart capable FBI guy who figured out the baby switch, caught on to Ej and Anna's involvement and escaped an mental institution with no memories intact. Where did that guy go?!!! They've left him floundering. He should totally be onto Kate's phoney baloney instead of smiling like a simpleton every time she coos at him. OMG!!! SMACK HIM! And to let this Nick stuff go without any follow up?!!
It'd be one thing if they had him deeply involved in Jordan's mystery and completely engrossed in helping her fight whatever demons are coming for her, but they aren't even giving him that as an excuse! He's wandering back and forth between the club and pub drinking a hell of a lot of coffee. What a waste!

In reality, Nick should fear Rafe's involvement. I'd love to see Rafe to have some influence in what goes on between Gabi and Nick. I'm just doubtful with the writing he's had they'll play to his strengths and let that happen.
Edited by Hamilton, Apr 12 2014, 05:17 PM.

Kaha
Member Avatar

crookedhalo
Kaha
Hamilton
cryin4days

If Nick threatens Rafe and Rafe doesn't openly laugh in his face and tell him to do his worse, then this s/l officially jumped the shark. An ex-con threatening a former FBI agent and a current police officer is beyond ludicrous.
#freeRafefromJordan

Hamilton
Member Avatar

Kaha
Apr 12 2014, 05:50 PM
crookedhalo
Kaha
Hamilton

If Nick threatens Rafe and Rafe doesn't openly laugh in his face and tell him to do his worse, then this s/l officially jumped the shark. An ex-con threatening a former FBI agent and a current police officer is beyond ludicrous.
#freeRafefromJordan
Your hashtag is confusing me. Rafe can have a romance going on and still be a kick-ass cop. They've balanced both for the character in the past. Time to step it up with him.

Kaha
Member Avatar

Hamilton
Apr 12 2014, 07:20 PM
Kaha
Apr 12 2014, 05:50 PM
crookedhalo
Kaha

#freeRafefromJordan
Your hashtag is confusing me. Rafe can have a romance going on and still be a kick-ass cop. They've balanced both for the character in the past. Time to step it up with him.
Jordan has no appeal though. She's the most boring character ever. I tried to give her a chance but all she manages to do is give me a brain freeze. Also, ever since Rafe discovered Jordan he became dumb as dirt without any instincts whatsover. He's just clueless about everything.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply