Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Weekly Preview (4/14/14)
Topic Started: Apr 12 2014, 07:56 AM (10,624 Views)
KAM

S loves EJ
Apr 12 2014, 09:05 AM
I think the way they are doing the reveal is a bit disappointing, but maybe it will play out better on screen and make for a good Ejami fight, but it seems a bit lame that Sami will just finds pictures of Ejabby kissing instead of a videotape of them doing the deed like they did in Sunset Beach with Gabi and Antonioīs affair.

DOOL just used the videotape reveal in the Bristen wedding fiasco. That whole story line was Tomsell's adaptation and advancement of the 'priest sex on video' story of Antonio-Gabi-Ricardo, taken from their tenure on Sunset Beach.

An EJabby video reveal to Sami would seem stale to me after the elaborate lead up to Kristen's downfall via video. I rather like the idea of the B&W photos slipped under the door for anyone to find. It's seems very 'old school' and soapy. So I hope it plays out well. Surely something will these Days.
Edited by KAM, Apr 12 2014, 09:39 AM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

KAM

S loves EJ
Apr 12 2014, 09:52 AM
I suppose you are right maybe a videotape would have been to repeative of
Bristen's wedding but I still think Sami could find out in a more dramatic
way like Abby fainting in the church.
Well, that could still happen for you. Sami didn't actually get those photos out of the envelope after all. There may be a soap interruption just after that last promo scene...

or Sami sees the photos, EJ gives her the spiel: about it happening at the Horton Cabin when he went to stop Abby from going to Hope about the Gabi mess, he did it for Sami, they were on a break, yada yada. And no, of course, Abigail is not pregnant. Sami herself just put that idea in the silly girl's head. He made her take a pregnancy test by a doctor just to make sure. They're in love and meant to be together, Abigail understands that, and this meaningless episode should not stand in the way of their married life together...

and then, after Sami decides to put this behind them forever, Abby faints at the wedding.

IDK

KAM

DiMeraFan67
Apr 15 2014, 10:59 AM
LuvingLumi
Apr 15 2014, 10:26 AM
DiMeraFan67
Apr 15 2014, 10:22 AM
Alison Sweeney just said that the scenes she was talking about are airing on April 21st so the reveal will air then. Damn...I don't think I'm ready. I really hope they hit a homerun with this and don't blow it since the whole story turned into a drag.
I still think they should have continued with the affair a bit and had Sami CATCH EJ in the act or something....that hasn't happened on Days in forever....not pics or a video, have her walk in on him....IMHO it should have gone down that way.....I really am looking forward to Monday..I think it'll be good
They really blew it. They thought giving us "happy" EJami would have packed more of a punch than having her catch EJ in the act. I could never buy into the lovey EJami so it all rings hallow for me. I just hope the actors make this work. Its such a huge moment.
I can understand why so many posters would prefer Sami to catch EJ in the act for the big EJami reveal. So very soapy, true...

and if EJ had been with someone other than Abigail Horton, then it probably would have played out that way, to max it out for Sami. However, I don't see the DOOL writers doing that to a character as young and previously inexperienced as Abby. It is Sami's story, but Sami will not be the only woman humiliated by this reveal, and she will be gone soon. I think rather tame photos of Abigail were as far as Days cared to go for now with her character, who presumably remains in Salem for the foreseeable future.

KAM

S loves EJ
Apr 16 2014, 12:47 PM
LuvingLumi
Apr 16 2014, 11:55 AM
S loves EJ
Apr 16 2014, 11:22 AM
JS said in an interview that there was an answer as to who EJ loves Sami or Nicole, and since then I gotten that vibe I did liked Ejole before then even if wasnīt as crazy about them as I have been about Ejami. Still itīs possible that I can shake off this vibe and get into Ejole if they were to get back to them, and I have liked Ejabby to and wouldnīt mind to see them continue either so itīs not that I canīt see EJ with an other woman than Sami.
Frankly he can say whatever he wants...he can say that he thinks that Sami is the love of Ej's life and then tomorrow, the show tries to write that Abby, or Nicole, or Taylor, or Arianna, or Chloe becomes the love of Ej's life.....look what they did with Lumi....Sami said IN DIALOGUE, ON SCREEN multiple times that Lucas was the love of her life and her soul mate and if you were just tuning into Days a year ago you wouldn't even know that those two were connected in story for a good 15 years unless Allie or Will referenced them as their parents.....so IMHO it matter not what the actors think of who the character's love of their life is now...because in a soap the love of your life staple ended many moons ago when hey officially wrote off the supercouples.....for example if 5 years from now Days is still around and Haiden are blissfully in love and Bo never, ever returns, and Hope proclaims that what she has now with Haiden is far superior that what she ever had with Bo will anyone who saw Bope's story unfold believe her? NO right? But will new viewers believe her? Maybe....and will the show care what anyone thinks? Hell no....

While I do think that Sami has been written to be the love of EJīs life so far I do think itīs possible that some other would woman can be written to be the love of Ejīs Life in the future.

Anyway itīs not just what JS said that is the problem, but it also makes me doubt whether or not Ejole was really working and the fact that the writers has cut all ties between Ejole doesnīt help. Still it can be other reasons for that and I doubt they would go back to Ejole unless the actors would be committed to it.
The answer to this apparent conundrum seems simple to me:

EJ is the love of EJ's life.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply