Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member suffering succotash in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Weekly Preview (4/14/14)
Topic Started: Apr 12 2014, 07:56 AM (10,844 Views)
spartan
Member Avatar

Halloween Family
Apr 15 2014, 11:41 AM
S loves EJ
Apr 15 2014, 11:31 AM
Hamilton
Apr 15 2014, 10:57 AM
They missed a spectacular explosion by not having the affair continue and having Sami walk in on them going at it. That is soap gold! It also would have payed clever tribute to Sami eye witnessing her mothers affair long ago and how that huge betrayal influenced her going forward. Finding pictures seems rather bland. I don't doubt the writers gave Ej and Sami quite the writing for their emotional brawl, but the reveal should have packed more of a punch.

I think it would have been out of character for EJ to have the affair continue once Ejami were back together. I think it would have been soapy for Sami to have pulled the curtain in the shower though.
Literally.

Then have Abby slip and crack her head. Now there's a body to contend with.
No. Don't have Abby slip and crack her head. I want Sami to crack it open....ala 'Unfaithful' with Richard Gere, Diane Lane and Olivier Martinez. Ha! STFU Abby would be dead. Two birds. One stone.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

spartan
Member Avatar

daysjahvu
Apr 15 2014, 12:04 PM
Halloween Family
S loves EJ
Hamilton
Apr 15 2014, 10:57 AM
They missed a spectacular explosion by not having the affair continue and having Sami walk in on them going at it. That is soap gold! It also would have payed clever tribute to Sami eye witnessing her mothers affair long ago and how that huge betrayal influenced her going forward. Finding pictures seems rather bland. I don't doubt the writers gave Ej and Sami quite the writing for their emotional brawl, but the reveal should have packed more of a punch.

I think it would have been out of character for EJ to have the affair continue once Ejami were back together. I think it would have been soapy for Sami to have pulled the curtain in the shower though.
Literally.

Have you been watching Reign? That was close to a great, recent scenario there. And it's a show I actually look forward to and watch.

They have managed to suck all life out of this story line. Heck the day of the pregnancy test reveal was the lowest rated day of that week. Nobody cared a month ago, hard to believe people will care now unless there is some twist that has gone un-shown up to now. I do appreciate that JS & AS are excited about Monday but it's sad that it may be too little too late.
It's too little too late for me, almost guaranteed.

This story has sucked from the beginning. It can't end fast enough.

I'll watch to see the performances of my favs. I have no doubt JS and AS will give it their all and that's usually good stuff to me. Who knows, maybe the way it plays out will surprise me. I'd like the writing to surprise me for a change. I won't hold my breath until Monday though.

spartan
Member Avatar

Tripp
Apr 15 2014, 01:42 PM
spartan
Apr 15 2014, 01:31 PM
Halloween Family
S loves EJ

Quoting limited to 4 levels deep
Literally.

No. Don't have Abby slip and crack her head. I want Sami to crack it open....ala 'Unfaithful' with Richard Gere, Diane Lane and Olivier Martinez. Ha! STFU Abby would be dead. Two birds. One stone.
I think EJ should be the one to watch out. Sami can be angry at Abigail, she has a right to. But considering Sami's history of chasing taken men, tricking them into sleeping with her, she really has no reason to have violence against Abigail.

Violence against EJ is another matter. It's EJ who is the big hypocrite in all of this. And the more he can proclaim how much he "loves" Sami, the worse he looks. He has no excuse for his blatant cheating.
You're expecting Sami to act rationally and logically in this situation? :blulaugh:

Yes, EJ has no excuse as has been said by me included but *I* like EJ.

I don't like Abigail and haven't since before this horror of a story so anything that gets her out of Salem is fine by me. Like I said, two birds, one stone.

I have zero doubt EJ will get his punishment and EJ will "watch out". He's well aware of Sami's wrath and what it can do #bullettohead

I have serious doubt Abby will get her's. After all, according to the latest from her it's all entirely EJ's fault she acted the way she did.
Poor thing.

Yeah, rock to head for Abigail causing death works for me.

spartan
Member Avatar

Tripp
Apr 15 2014, 02:02 PM
S loves EJ
Apr 15 2014, 01:56 PM
TreasureCove
Apr 15 2014, 01:48 PM
S loves EJ
Apr 15 2014, 12:23 PM

The writers ruined and disrespected real love stories like Jarlena, J&J, and Stayla. Why should djami be respected?

One wrong doesn´t make two right.
The point being is proven and established couples have been shit on by the show, Ejami's own history is a violent and even saddistic one. Having them end by a soap opera standard formula of a revealed affair is hardly going to disrespect them.

As for JS saying he was disappointed, keep in mind he said "at first". Which can cover a lot of areas. It sounds to me like he came to enjoy the Ejabby story on it's own but I know we take different things from the interviews when using our shipper glasses. But if JS actually disliked Ejabby, I'm pretty sure he would have made it known by now.
I will always contend JS doesn't dislike EJabby as a storyline concept, but he didn't want EJabby in this way by EJ cheating on Sami. Nor did he want them while finally doing an EJami together and in love storyline.

I would bet my house on it. Again.

spartan
Member Avatar

Tripp
Apr 15 2014, 02:09 PM
spartan
Apr 15 2014, 02:03 PM
Tripp
Apr 15 2014, 01:42 PM
spartan
Apr 15 2014, 01:31 PM

I think EJ should be the one to watch out. Sami can be angry at Abigail, she has a right to. But considering Sami's history of chasing taken men, tricking them into sleeping with her, she really has no reason to have violence against Abigail.

Violence against EJ is another matter. It's EJ who is the big hypocrite in all of this. And the more he can proclaim how much he "loves" Sami, the worse he looks. He has no excuse for his blatant cheating.
You're expecting Sami to act rationally and logically in this situation? :blulaugh:

Yes, EJ has no excuse as has been said by me included but *I* like EJ.

I don't like Abigail and haven't since before this horror of a story so anything that gets her out of Salem is fine by me. Like I said, two birds, one stone.

I have zero doubt EJ will get his punishment and EJ will "watch out". He's well aware of Sami's wrath and what it can do #bullettohead

I have serious doubt Abby will get her's. After all, according to the latest from her it's all entirely EJ's fault she acted the way she did.
Poor thing.

Yeah, rock to head for Abigail causing death works for me.
Abby didn't say it was all Ej's fault for the affair. She just made it clear that if he was a better man, the affair wouldn't have happened. Which is 100% true.

Sami going after Abigail is probably gong to happen, but should she get written off the show for committing murder, I think it should be EJs. And I can't think of a more perfect ending to this couple than Sami killing him. (But that's only if JS were to leave).
Yes, Abby did say that. She placed ALL the blame on EJ. If he would have been a better man it wouldn't have happened. True. 100% true but if Abby was a better woman then it wouldn't have happened either. Where is her accountability? Where does she take responsibility for any of it in that? She doesn't. It's all EJ's fault according to her mindset right now.

spartan
Member Avatar

Tripp
Apr 15 2014, 02:16 PM
spartan
Apr 15 2014, 02:11 PM
Tripp
Apr 15 2014, 02:02 PM
S loves EJ
Apr 15 2014, 01:56 PM

The point being is proven and established couples have been shit on by the show, Ejami's own history is a violent and even saddistic one. Having them end by a soap opera standard formula of a revealed affair is hardly going to disrespect them.

As for JS saying he was disappointed, keep in mind he said "at first". Which can cover a lot of areas. It sounds to me like he came to enjoy the Ejabby story on it's own but I know we take different things from the interviews when using our shipper glasses. But if JS actually disliked Ejabby, I'm pretty sure he would have made it known by now.
I will always contend JS doesn't dislike EJabby as a storyline concept, but he didn't want EJabby in this way by EJ cheating on Sami. Nor did he want them while finally doing an EJami together and in love storyline.

I would bet my house on it. Again.

He's an actor so I'd bet my house on he wants an interesting story where he can be challenged and creative. I bet he probably would get just as bored with a happy Ejami storyline as many viewers would.

Of course we'll never know because he won't actually ever say. Just as AS never really says who she prefers working with as a love interest or who she thinks Sami's great love is.

But I can judge things on JS's performance. And his performance opposite KM is much better than I've seen in years.

I agree a happy EJami storyline would be boring for him, AS or any actor probably. By saying what I said previously about the timing of the EJ/Abby affair I in no way implied that EJami should be happy and lovey dovey for an extended period. There are other ways of creating couple angst that are tried and true formulas. So I'm not sure what one has to do with the other in your inference that I want EJami boring and happy.

As for his performance? I've seen tons better opposite ED, LK, AZ and AS but that's me.

spartan
Member Avatar

Tripp
Apr 15 2014, 02:27 PM
spartan
Apr 15 2014, 02:21 PM
Tripp
Apr 15 2014, 02:09 PM
spartan
Apr 15 2014, 02:03 PM

Abby didn't say it was all Ej's fault for the affair. She just made it clear that if he was a better man, the affair wouldn't have happened. Which is 100% true.

Sami going after Abigail is probably gong to happen, but should she get written off the show for committing murder, I think it should be EJs. And I can't think of a more perfect ending to this couple than Sami killing him. (But that's only if JS were to leave).
Yes, Abby did say that. She placed ALL the blame on EJ. If he would have been a better man it wouldn't have happened. True. 100% true but if Abby was a better woman then it wouldn't have happened either. Where is her accountability? Where does she take responsibility for any of it in that? She doesn't. It's all EJ's fault according to her mindset right now.
I think Abigail's issues with EJ is that he doesnt seem to be affected of outright cheating on Sami so blatantly (and disrespectifully). Abby can barely look at Sami without the guilt washing all over her face. Yet EJ's treatment of Sami hasn't wavered. In other words it looks like he doesn't have a conscious.

Abigail has said over and over again her responsibility in the affair. But that last meeting was the first time she made it clear he had his own part to play in the affair, and given his supposedly emotional attachment to Sami, it's worse on him than her.

But it doesn't matter. Next week I'm sure Sami isn't going to let EJ off the hook. Sami has been cheated on before and cheated herself, she knows who is the more liable of the couple.
Well, that's what you are reading into why she said what she said but the original point was based on EJ and Abby's last convo, she put all the blame on EJ for the affair. Regardless of why she did is all speculation at this point and as far as we know now, that is her mindset. Which given her history of also blaming Chad and Cameron for her lot in life after she was the one that played them against each other for so long, doesn't surprise me a bit.

I'm sure EJ isn't getting off the hook. Not by a longshot. That wasn't the issue.
Edited by spartan, Apr 15 2014, 02:36 PM.

spartan
Member Avatar

Tripp
Apr 15 2014, 02:39 PM
spartan
Apr 15 2014, 02:35 PM
Tripp
Apr 15 2014, 02:27 PM
spartan
Apr 15 2014, 02:21 PM

I think Abigail's issues with EJ is that he doesnt seem to be affected of outright cheating on Sami so blatantly (and disrespectifully). Abby can barely look at Sami without the guilt washing all over her face. Yet EJ's treatment of Sami hasn't wavered. In other words it looks like he doesn't have a conscious.

Abigail has said over and over again her responsibility in the affair. But that last meeting was the first time she made it clear he had his own part to play in the affair, and given his supposedly emotional attachment to Sami, it's worse on him than her.

But it doesn't matter. Next week I'm sure Sami isn't going to let EJ off the hook. Sami has been cheated on before and cheated herself, she knows who is the more liable of the couple.
Well, that's what you are reading into why she said what she said but the original point was based on EJ and Abby's last convo, she put all the blame on EJ for the affair. Regardless of why she did is all speculation at this point and as far as we know now, that is her mindset. Which given her history of also blaming Chad and Cameron for her lot in life after she was the one that played them against each other for so long, doesn't surprise me a bit.

I'm sure EJ isn't getting off the hook. Not by a longshot. That wasn't the issue.
She didn't put all the blame on the affair on him. She said "You would have had some restraint and left me the hell alone." There were times when he sought her out. And there isn't anything untrue about that.
I don't know how else I'm supposed to interpret that statement but as putting the blame on EJ, for whatever her reasons.

spartan
Member Avatar

SocRMum1
Apr 17 2014, 11:42 AM
Mouse Mom
Apr 17 2014, 09:47 AM
Let us just remember the GREEN envelope could do something. I have this picture in my mind of all sorts of colored envelopes popping thru under the door. I personally would love to see them fight so big that they tear that ugly living room apart and some new furniture has to come in for the set.
I'd be down for seeing Sami burn the DiMansion down...so we'd get to start over with a new set.
And if EJ's hair just happens to get singed off in the process.....oh well. #bonus

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply