Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Gaston out! Robert Wilson in!
Topic Started: Apr 14 2014, 10:51 AM (7,670 Views)
LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
LUMI

http://www.soapoperadigest.com/content/exclusive-days-newcomer-replaced

By SOD Posted: Apr 14, 2014

Photos: JPI

Justin Gaston, who first aired as Jordan's brother Ben on DAYS on February 27, has been replaced by Robert Scott Wilson, who played Pete Cordlandt in the online reboot of AMC. Though the show is keeping mum about the switch, Wilson was already on set in late January to celebrate DAYS's renewal. Because the soap is so far ahead in story, Wilson won't start airing until next month. Before nabbing his Pine Valley gig, Wilson was best known for becoming THE PRICE IS RIGHT's first male model in September, 2012.
Edited by LuvingLumi, Apr 14 2014, 10:52 AM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Restless84
Member Avatar

Hope he can act better than JG.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
LUMI

So it's good to know that Ben is staying in Salem apparently and whatever shift we have been hearing about Jordan's 'story' isn't that they are getting rid of Ben...

Hamilton
Member Avatar

I think this is good news. Justin wasn't hitting it so I'm glad they were prompt with the recast.

nananana7

Quote:

http://www.soapoperadigest.com/content/exclusive-days-newcomer-replaced
Robert Scott Wilson, ....Wilson was already on set in late January to celebrate DAYS's renewal.

I'm curious. Was RSW in the Days renewal photos on the Sony twitter feed?
https://twitter.com/SteveKentSony
Did they prevent him from being in the photos?
Or was he visible in the background *seemingly* as one of the crew people ... and therefore we didn't notice?

Edited by nananana7, Apr 14 2014, 11:12 AM.

OliveAnn

From little that I saw of iAMC, Wilson was visibly green, but also showed potential to improve. And, yeah, he's a living and breathing Adonis. I think he'll do fine.

But, this also sucks for Justin Gaston. I know he didn't knock anyone off their feet, but he wasn't really given a chance. I mean, as glad I am to see that Days is no longer tolerating bad acting, I am also sad that they let go off him, when they've kept some truly bad people in the recent past.

MissLola
Member Avatar

The character will probably be written off by next year. :glare:

DiMeraFan67
Member Avatar

This is a great move, IMO. JG was horrific and I already like RSW. I think he will be a much better fit in the Jordan and Abby stories.

Sparrow

Lousy acting aside, I think the biggest problem with JG was just that he looked too much like Rafe. When the two were nose to nose arguing, it was kinda sorta hilarious. I would think that they would have noticed this upon the original casting, nay?

On the other hand, is this the big news? This is starting to feel like the strangest lead up to May sweeps ever.

SunAngel
Member Avatar

Restless84
Apr 14 2014, 10:57 AM
Hope he can act.

DiMeraFan67
Member Avatar

Sparrow
Apr 14 2014, 11:38 AM
Lousy acting aside, I think the biggest problem with JG was just that he looked too much like Rafe. When the two were nose to nose arguing, it was kinda sorta hilarious. I would think that they would have noticed this upon the original casting, nay?

On the other hand, is this the big news? This is starting to feel like the strangest lead up to May sweeps ever.
I don't think it has much to do with sweeps, it just coincides with the 13 week cycle of Justin Gaston's contract. Although Rob Wilson had ins with the CBS soaps and a job as the first Male Model in TPIR history so he is probably getting a pretty good deal from Days. I do think Ben will become much more relevant once he's in the role.

nananana7

Who is standing next to Kate Mansi in this photo?
https://scontent-b-ord.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/t1/62905_10152224459419309_1158538274_n.jpg

Spoiler tag due to large size:
Spoiler: click to toggle
Edited by nananana7, Apr 14 2014, 11:47 AM.

cockymom
Member Avatar

nananana7
Apr 14 2014, 11:43 AM
Greg Vaughn

badaddiction
Member Avatar

SunAngel
Restless84
Apr 14 2014, 10:57 AM
Hope he can act.
Well, based on his AMC gig, he's what I call a surface actor. He can deliver his lines, but they lack depth or nuance.

Yoryla
Member Avatar

This is an upgrade. Though I wouldn't bet on Ben being around in a year anyway.

Sparrow

DiMeraFan67
Apr 14 2014, 11:39 AM
Sparrow

I don't think it has much to do with sweeps, it just coincides with the 13 week cycle of Justin Gaston's contract. Although Rob Wilson had ins with the CBS soaps and a job as the first Male Model in TPIR history so he is probably getting a pretty good deal from Days. I do think Ben will become much more relevant once he's in the role.
No, I don't think the recast has anything to do with sweeps at all, just that the news of a contract actor leaving in May led to a lot of speculation and excitement and this is pretty anticlimactic.

There's been several spoilers for next week leading into sweeps that have me scratching my head. This is just one more not necessarily related item that just adds to an overall off-kilter feeling for me. Maybe it will all make sense when it airs.

Yoryla
Member Avatar

Now we know, Jason :P Thanks for the mystery :$

Jason47
Member Avatar

SOAP OPERA DIGEST CONFIRMS THE JUSTIN GASTON/ROBERT SCOTT WILSON SWITCH...

Soap Opera Digest has confirmed the casting switch I've been teasing for the past several months: Justin Gaston (Ben) has been released from his contract after his first 13-week cycle ended. Robert Scott Wilson, who was the first-ever male model on "The Price Is Right" and who appeared as Pete Cortland on the brief "All My Children" online reboot last year, will replace Gaston in the role. Look for the switch to happen on-air towards the end of May sweeps.

In the past few months, I've posted a few teasing hints about the switch, saying that some fans might not be smiling (in regards to Gaston's ex, Miley Cyrus) as well as others who would "come on down" (in regards to the famous Price Is Right catchphrase). I also stated that Wilson fans would be affected by the casting news (meaning Robert Scott Wilson fans, and not Will/Sonny fans as some had expected).

Drew Carey also had the rumor mill swirling last week when he tweeted that Wilson was no longer with "The Price Is Right" and that he was now appearing on a soap. Hope everyone had fun playing along the past few months. Congratulations to those of you who began figuring out the news last week on several of the message boards.

Romancer66

While it's nice to know the answer, it's a case of Newbie In, Newbie Out, which is hard to get excited about. It's on a par with recasting Cameron. A not very compelling actor is replaced by another not very compelling actor in the role of a not very compelling character. And ultimately, the character was written out. I wouldn't be surprised if that ended up being Ben's fate. It's hard to care about Nonentity Jordan, so why should we care about her equally underdeveloped brother?

yulyndi

He looks kind of plastic to me.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply