Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Local preemptions for Central time zone possible tomorrow; Moment of silence coverage around 1:48PM CT
Topic Started: Apr 14 2014, 04:09 PM (760 Views)
Jason47
Member Avatar

LOCAL PREEMPTIONS FOR "DAYS" POSSIBLE ON TUESDAY, APRIL 15...

Some NBC stations may be airing a special report on Tuesday, April 15 beginning around 2:48PM ET, covering the moment of silence at the one-year anniversary tribute event of the Boston Marathon bombing. Brian Williams will anchor, with correspondents reporting from Boston. Those viewers who receive "Days" from 1-2PM CT would be the markets most likely to receive the special report.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

fundays13
Member Avatar

Jason47
Apr 14 2014, 04:09 PM

Some NBC stations may be airing a special report on Tuesday, April 15 beginning around 2:48PM ET, covering the moment of silence at the one-year anniversary tribute event of the Boston Marathon bombing. Brian Williams will anchor, with correspondents reporting from Boston. Those viewers who receive "Days" from 1-2PM CT would be the markets most likely to receive the special report.
I' m not an insensitive person so don't take this the wrong way,but find this an unnecessar y pre emtion. :peek:

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

I was actually thinking it might be a moment of silence for the Kansas City shootings, since he had said Central Time. I don't think it's wasted at all. ONE of these days, we are going to be able to stop these evil people who do things like this.

Will&Sonny

fundays13
Apr 14 2014, 04:26 PM
Jason47
Apr 14 2014, 04:09 PM

I' m not an insensitive person so don't take this the wrong way,but find this an unnecessar y pre emtion. :peek:
All preemptions are unnecessary, IMO. We have channels and time slots devoted solely to delivering the news for a reason.

While this particular preemption shouldn't affect me personally, I'm just glad that we now have the option of catching episodes online later if they are [rudely, IMO] interrupted for whatever reason during their initial broadcasts.

Snowing Fan
Member Avatar

Nobody ever dies because a scripted shows get interupted for something that is actually more important and remembering TERRORIST attack victims is far more important.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

Snowing Fan
Apr 14 2014, 07:14 PM
Nobody ever dies because a scripted shows get interupted for something that is actually more important and remembering TERRORIST attack victims is far more important.
Thank you. Plus, not everyone gets cable, believe it or not. I personally think tragedies such as these are more important than a soap.

rknudson78
Member Avatar

Glad this won't affect me.

Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

Snowing Fan
Apr 14 2014, 07:14 PM
Why not do it later in the evening during the news though? That way the millions of people that work during the day can be around for it. I always think it's odd when they have special news reports (unless it's about something that is currently going on) in the middle of the afternoon.

nananana7
Member Avatar

This particular ceremony is timed to happen at exactly one year to the minute as the bombings.
-- They occurred at 2:49 pm EDT, April 15, 2013.

Ceremony is intentionally at the exact same time of day.

The TV coverage is live at the exact time --- because part of the *point* is to do it at the exact time. To experience oneness with people everywhere in silence.

Edited by nananana7, Apr 14 2014, 11:21 PM.

Snowing Fan
Member Avatar

So a soap opera is more important than real life?Sad. :shame:

Because they wanna pay tribute at the exact moment it happened,just like they do with 9/11 each year and if that interrupts your "precious" tv time,too bad,there are worse things that happen in life than your tv show getting interrupted,time to get priorities straight,now if they interupt for something stupid,like a car chase for example,well,that's different,but paying respect to people who died or lost body parts is WAY MORE important.
Edited by Snowing Fan, Apr 15 2014, 12:00 AM.

Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

Snowing Fan
Apr 14 2014, 11:51 PM
So a soap opera is more important than real life?Sad. :shame:

Because they wanna pay tribute at the exact moment it happened,just like they do with 9/11 each year and if that interrupts your "precious" tv time,too bad,there are worse things that happen in life than your tv show getting interrupted,time to get priorities straight,now if they interupt for something stupid,like a car chase for example,well,that's different,but paying respect to people who died or lost body parts is WAY MORE important.
I never said it wasn't important. I was making a general statement about scheduled special news reports airing in afternoon; which isn't the biggest tv watching time with work and school going on. Wouldn't more people see it later on??

I never said about anything about a car chase. What I meant about something currently going on was a school shooting, attack somewhere, etc. They should interrupt for that no matter what time it is. I am talking about scheduled reports though.

No need to be so rude.

Snowing Fan
Member Avatar

Because the time of the attack was in the middle of the afternoon,if 9/11 had happened in the afternoon instead of the morning,the memorials would be no different.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
ZetaBoards gives you all the tools to create a successful discussion community.
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply