Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
State Of The Daytime Emmys 2014 Chat; Branco, Fairman, O'Neil chat about the current voting process, the nominees etc
Topic Started: Apr 17 2014, 10:55 AM (1,288 Views)
thepadange

http://michaelfairmansoaps.com/news/state-of-the-daytime-emmys-2014-chat-michael-fairman-nelson-branco-gold-derbys-tom-oneil-weigh-in/2014/04/16/?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

lysie
Member Avatar

The toughest competition ever? There are only four soaps!

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

lysie
Apr 17 2014, 10:57 AM

The online versions AMC and OLTL are also competing this year.

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

Can someone give a gist of what was said? Who do the 3 think have the biggest shot at winning?

What is the buzz from this video?

lysie
Member Avatar

Mitchapalooza
Apr 17 2014, 11:07 AM
lysie

They only got one acting nomination between them, didn't they? And their inclusion makes the whole thing even less credible than it already was.

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

lysie
Apr 17 2014, 11:25 AM
Mitchapalooza
Apr 17 2014, 11:07 AM
lysie

They only got one acting nomination between them, didn't they? And their inclusion makes the whole thing even less credible than it already was.
I think they got 4 all together, 2 each in the Younger Categories.

And I agree totally on their inclusion...it lowers the credibility.

talbab1994
Member Avatar

Mitchapalooza
Apr 17 2014, 11:08 AM
Can someone give a gist of what was said? Who do the 3 think have the biggest shot at winning?

There's no venue for the awards....they are hoping for either a webcast for the awards or a channel like TVGN since CBS owns them. Their thought was that CBS has been the number one daytime station for years.

Lots of talk about who would be nominated and who should be nominated.

Total side note...not a fan of that NB......just can't get over his whole better than everyone else attitude and that he knows everything..... :drunk:

They do think that AS will be the dark horse in the leading actress competition since she's leaving DOOL. JS didn't submit a reel, the show did.

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

talbab1994
Apr 17 2014, 11:43 AM
Mitchapalooza

There's no venue for the awards....they are hoping for either a webcast for the awards or a channel like TVGN since CBS owns them. Their thought was that CBS has been the number one daytime station for years.

Total side note...not a fan of that NB......just can't get over his whole better than everyone else attitude and that he knows everything..... :drunk:

They do think that AS will be the dark horse in the leading actress competition since she's leaving DOOL. JS didn't submit a reel, the show did.
Anything about Eileen Davidson?

talbab1994
Member Avatar

Mitchapalooza
Apr 17 2014, 11:44 AM
talbab1994
Apr 17 2014, 11:43 AM
Mitchapalooza

Anything about Eileen Davidson?
They are hopeful that she'll be nominated for lead Actress....NB thought that she may have been too campy though....even though that's her character. He also talked about Maura West being too campy too.

They also think that for best show it will either be Days or B & B. Said that Y & R was "totally unwatchable" this year. MF is hoping that all 6 will be nominated.

All are wanting the lifetime achievement award to a soap person and not a game show or talk show host. Paul Rauch was mentioned....

They also talked about the importance of the "industry" voting for you and NOT just the show too.
Edited by talbab1994, Apr 17 2014, 11:52 AM.

james0479
Member Avatar

Don't throw stones but for once I actually agreed with 98% of everything Nelson said in this video. I loved his take on how soap actors seem to be the only actors who "cheat" the system when Meryl Streep knows when she's a supporting actress and submits accordingly. Great point! Also he said Days has SO much to choose from for their Best Show reel....they really do if you think of last year. I enjoyed watching this. There's no way Eileen won't get nominated. I'm actually gonna call a win for her and a second year in a row win for Days. I had to lol at Y&R getting a nomination for best show only "because". No chance in hell they will win...I tried and couldn't sit thru two episodes. Interesting take from these guys. Thanks for posting

blueskies
Member Avatar

i would totally love it on TVGuide with Kathy Griffin as the host. Well, IF they fix the mess of a production it was on HLN and previously on network.

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

The two CBS shows were absolute bottom barrel garbage...HLN was a joke as well, but at least it wasn't a promotional variety show for Las Vegas (of all places!).

I would rather see the awards unaired then EVER on CBS again!
Edited by Mitchapalooza, Apr 17 2014, 12:35 PM.

talbab1994
Member Avatar

Mitchapalooza
Apr 17 2014, 12:34 PM
The two CBS shows were absolute bottom barrel garbage...HLN was a joke as well, but at least it wasn't a promotional variety show for Las Vegas (of all places!).

I would rather see the awards unaired then EVER on CBS again!
I don't think we'll ever see a daytime award show on network television. (JMHO) When they talked about TVGN, for me, that kind of made sense. It is owned by CBS and since they are the network where their daytime schedule works and they have the ratings to show that, I could almost see that fit. Personally, I would much rather see an online ceremony and get a clip of all of the nominations and more daytime stuff...not just talk and game shows.

darraholic
Member Avatar

So help me god if Sweeney wins over Davidson.

talbab1994
Member Avatar

darraholic
Apr 17 2014, 01:56 PM
Stranger things have happened. Since she's leaving Days that could put her in as a sentimental favorite for leading actress. That's a shame too... ED had a stellar year and needs to be rewarded for that.

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

darraholic
Posted Image

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

talbab1994
Apr 17 2014, 03:05 PM
darraholic
Stranger things have happened. Since she's leaving Days that could put her in as a sentimental favorite for leading actress. That's a shame too... ED had a stellar year and needs to be rewarded for that.
Sweeney will be available for next years awards though, she pretty much is airing the entire 2014 year..so her gift can be next year if the industry wants to reward her career with a Lead Actress win.

2013's belongs to Davidson.

Dreamy
Member Avatar

I really hope ED gets nominated and then wins it. She truly deserves it!

Yoryla
Member Avatar

I don't even know if I should listen to this since I saw Nelson Branco is involved. I cannot believe I actually at some point followed him on Twitter and followed what he had to say. What a stupid, biased, ignorant idiot that person can be.

He does not care about any soap or soap actor except about five certain (to his thinking) "glorious" women who he ships for even if they spin sugar to shit. And the men he likes because of how they look, not how they act.

I couldn't care less who NB predicts will win, because it won't come true anyway. His opinions mean nothing.
Edited by Yoryla, Apr 18 2014, 02:42 PM.

Yoryla
Member Avatar

darraholic
Ain't gonna happen.

Dark horse, schmark horse. I don't believe for one second Sweeney will even get a nomination, let alone a win.

If anything, Sweeney will get a nom next year, in SUPPORTING, if she's smart enough to put herself up in that category (like KKL from B&B did...)
Edited by Yoryla, Apr 18 2014, 02:50 PM.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · General Daytime News · Next Topic »
Add Reply