Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
State Of The Daytime Emmys 2014 Chat; Branco, Fairman, O'Neil chat about the current voting process, the nominees etc
Topic Started: Apr 17 2014, 10:55 AM (1,231 Views)
Yoryla
Member Avatar

The lead actress win is gonna be between Eileen and Heather Tom, I predict.

Zucker ain't gonna get a nom, either.
Edited by Yoryla, Apr 18 2014, 02:55 PM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Yoryla
Member Avatar

talbab1994
Apr 17 2014, 11:43 AM
Mitchapalooza
Apr 17 2014, 11:08 AM
Can someone give a gist of what was said? Who do the 3 think have the biggest shot at winning?

What is the buzz from this video?
There's no venue for the awards....they are hoping for either a webcast for the awards or a channel like TVGN since CBS owns them. Their thought was that CBS has been the number one daytime station for years.

Lots of talk about who would be nominated and who should be nominated.

Total side note...not a fan of that NB......just can't get over his whole better than everyone else attitude and that he knows everything..... :drunk:

They do think that AS will be the dark horse in the leading actress competition since she's leaving DOOL. JS didn't submit a reel, the show did.
TVGN was what I was thinking.

thepadange

Yoryla
Apr 18 2014, 02:41 PM
I don't even know if I should listen to this since I saw Nelson Branco is involved. I cannot believe I actually at some point followed him on Twitter and followed what he had to say. What a stupid, biased, ignorant idiot that person can be.

He does not care about any soap or soap actor except about five certain (to his thinking) "glorious" women who he ships for even if they spin sugar to shit. And the men he likes because of how they look, not how they act.

I couldn't care less who NB predicts will win, because it won't come true anyway. His opinions mean nothing.
Well, I think you can listen to this. It's quite interesting. I know what you mean but in this particular chat NB wasn't annoying.

And I loved that they touched "crying" scenes" as a stereotype for "emmy worthy scenes".
Edited by thepadange, Apr 18 2014, 03:25 PM.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Yoryla
Member Avatar

talbab1994
Apr 17 2014, 11:48 AM
Mitchapalooza
Apr 17 2014, 11:44 AM
talbab1994
Mitchapalooza
Apr 17 2014, 11:08 AM
Can someone give a gist of what was said? Who do the 3 think have the biggest shot at winning?

What is the buzz from this video?
There's no venue for the awards....they are hoping for either a webcast for the awards or a channel like TVGN since CBS owns them. Their thought was that CBS has been the number one daytime station for years.

Lots of talk about who would be nominated and who should be nominated.

Total side note...not a fan of that NB......just can't get over his whole better than everyone else attitude and that he knows everything..... :drunk:

They do think that AS will be the dark horse in the leading actress competition since she's leaving DOOL. JS didn't submit a reel, the show did.
Anything about Eileen Davidson?
They are hopeful that she'll be nominated for lead Actress....NB thought that she may have been too campy though....even though that's her character. He also talked about Maura West being too campy too.

They also think that for best show it will either be Days or B & B. Said that Y & R was "totally unwatchable" this year. MF is hoping that all 6 will be nominated.

All are wanting the lifetime achievement award to a soap person and not a game show or talk show host. Paul Rauch was mentioned....

They also talked about the importance of the "industry" voting for you and NOT just the show too.
**** him... if he thinks that's campy, he should go watch GH.

Days is one of the most uncampiest, realistic, and family-oriented show from the four left.
Edited by Yoryla, Apr 18 2014, 05:24 PM.

thepadange

Yoryla
Apr 18 2014, 03:01 PM
talbab1994
Mitchapalooza
talbab1994

Quoting limited to 4 levels deep
Anything about Eileen Davidson?
They are hopeful that she'll be nominated for lead Actress....NB thought that she may have been too campy though....even though that's her character. He also talked about Maura West being too campy too.

They also think that for best show it will either be Days or B & B. Said that Y & R was "totally unwatchable" this year. MF is hoping that all 6 will be nominated.

All are wanting the lifetime achievement award to a soap person and not a game show or talk show host. Paul Rauch was mentioned....

They also talked about the importance of the "industry" voting for you and NOT just the show too.
Fuck him... if he thinks that's campy, he should go watch GH.

Days is one of the most uncampiest, realistic, and family-oriented show from the four left.
I don't know who mentioned this but as far as I remember they didn't mean it in a bad sense. It was more something like 'it would be sad if that campiness got in the way of winning' or so. (BTW it was said about the characters played by ED and MW, not about a show).
Edited by thepadange, Apr 18 2014, 03:33 PM.

Yoryla
Member Avatar

thepadange
Apr 18 2014, 03:07 PM
Yoryla
talbab1994
Mitchapalooza

Quoting limited to 4 levels deep

I don't know who mentioned this but as far as I remember they didn't mean it in a bad sense. It was more something like 'it would be sad if that campiness got in the way of winning' or so. (BTW it was said about the characters played by ED and MW, not about a show).
Yeah I understood that, but still. I would hardly call anyone's character or acting on this show "camp", except possibly Percy Ruggles. THAT is the only thing even near to camp.

James E. Reilly had camp in his time. Not Days these days.
Edited by Yoryla, Apr 18 2014, 05:22 PM.

Yoryla
Member Avatar

But of course thanks for the link, padange! :)

I didn't mean to be so complain-y, lol
Edited by Yoryla, Apr 18 2014, 05:24 PM.

thepadange

Yoryla
Apr 18 2014, 03:59 PM
thepadange
Yoryla
talbab1994

Quoting limited to 4 levels deepNB thought that she may have been too campy though....even though that's her character. He also talked about Maura West being too campy too.

Yeah I understood that, but still. I would hardly call anyone's character or acting on this show "camp", except possibly Percy Ruggles. THAT is the only thing even near to camp.

Did you watch/listen to it? If not, it's not annoying, trust me ;) and NB doesn't sound too arrogant for a change. (There are some nice words about Eileen and 'Days to find there, too)

Yoryla
Member Avatar

thepadange
Apr 18 2014, 05:34 PM
Yoryla
Apr 18 2014, 03:59 PM
thepadange
Yoryla

Quoting limited to 4 levels deepNB thought that she may have been too campy though....

Did you watch/listen to it? If not, it's not annoying, trust me ;) and NB doesn't sound too arrogant for a change. (There are some nice words about Eileen and 'Days to find there, too)
Yeah :D

Thanks. I started to listen to it but then had to do something else. I'm gonna listen it properly one of these days. lol But thanks :)

thepadange

Yoryla
Apr 18 2014, 05:23 PM
But of course thanks for the link, padange! :)

I didn't mean to be so complain-y, lol
Oh, I'm not offended or anything :D (And I don't see any complaints in your posts). I was just trying to encourage you to watch it in case you were afraid of "potential BS" because of NB. I just thought that some things they said were quite interesting and made some sense.
Edited by thepadange, Apr 18 2014, 06:08 PM.

Renegade_Killerbee
Member Avatar

I am starting to think that Heather Tom might not be Eileen Davidson's toughest competition for Lead Actress.

Maura West might get some serious buzz going right around the time the award show airs. They (General Hospital) have been giving her a lot of juicy material so if she doesn't win in 2014, 2015 seems a sure bet.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · General Daytime News · Next Topic »
Add Reply