Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Ratings for the Week of April 7-11, 2014; GH Ties Y&R For #1 in Women 18-49 Demo
Topic Started: Apr 18 2014, 04:05 PM (2,143 Views)
Yoryla
Member Avatar

OliveAnn
Apr 20 2014, 06:36 AM
bygnedys
Apr 19 2014, 05:52 PM
At first I was thinking that they should be worried because there are only 4 soaps left, then I realized they know there are only 4 soaps left and they don't have to compete against 10 other soaps. They just think, TPTB, that people should just be glad to watch what is left of daytime dramas on network tv, and they don't care whether their shows are any good.
Funny you should say, because I read an interview with Cady McClain the other day and she claims that the opposite is true. According to her, the knowledge that soaps aren't forever anymore and that any of the last four standing could be gone any moment has made everyone work harder and care more. It's not always visible onscreen, but the mindset is there.
Yes, I would think that aswell. It's a constant battle, and the fewer soaps there are, the higher the stakes.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Yoryla
Member Avatar

lysie
Apr 20 2014, 03:08 PM
Oh it's just too much to hope that may sweeps bombs and we get new writers....
If the start of May Weeps is any indication, it might very well bomb... But there's still not gonna be new writers, lol.

concerned
Member Avatar

lysie
Are new writers enough ?

It's not much good getting new writers if they are getting the same set of instructions.

Although even an improvement within the same structure would be welcomed.

lysie
Member Avatar

concerned
Apr 21 2014, 02:17 AM
lysie
Are new writers enough ?

It's not much good getting new writers if they are getting the same set of instructions.

Although even an improvement within the same structure would be welcomed.
Probably not, but at least I'd have hope for a little while, lol.

Marlene

Wow, Wow and Wow. How awful. As much as I'm not an EJami, I had high hopes for today. But then they put out a promo for Jennifer/Liam. So if you're not on line and don't read SOD, you have no idea that today is supposed to be a huge EJami episode.

With Ali leaving soon and CB already with one foot out the door, I'd much rather see what's happening with them than with MR.

JarlenaLante
Member Avatar

lysie
I'm right there with you. I am so apathetic towards Days I haven't even had the interest to read the weekly DR Days tweet threads.

TomSell seem to want to write more reality-based stories, and have been taking the show away from the action/adventure days of the '80's and the out-there campiness of the Reilly era. And that's fine. GH certainly did this when that soap transitioned from the Gloria Monty Ice Princess/Luke and Laura/Scorpio-WSB 80's to the Stone-AIDS/AJ-alcoholism/Monica-cancer stories of the Wendy Riche-Claire Labine era in the 90's. BUT while Riche-Labine shifted this focus, there was still loads of conflict. My God, just the inner dynamics and conflicts of the Quartermaine family alone generated years of story. And this needs to happen on Days. Instead of reuniting Dannifer, keep them apart and have the guilt of breaking them up be a part of JJ's character and his relationship with his mother. Or have a prominent member of Will's family (perhaps either Roman or Caroline) be at the very least uncomfortable with his sexual status. Of course all of this is predicated on our getting character-based stories instead of plot-based and I've got a bad feeling that the plot-based stuff is here to stay. I don't know if it was always like this and I didn't notice but Cartini's GH has even become one giant plot-action point after another. I'm at the point with GH now that I'm worn-out from all the action and lack of meaningful character interactions and development and I'm not sure how much longer until that show is on my hiatus-list.

And now back to our regularly scheduled topic of ratings.....
Edited by JarlenaLante, Apr 21 2014, 08:04 AM.

No1_ILoveLucyFan
Member Avatar

Watching Days anymore is like watching the demise of AMC when Disney & the executive bossholes at ABC decided to sink it. Daniel is the new Ryan. Jennifer the new Greenlee... John & Marlena are comparable to Jack & Erica except Marlena isn't a flighty dipshit like Erica was & John isn't willing to tell Marlena "Frankly my dear, I don't give a damn." as he walks out of her life.

At this point, Days doesn't just need new writers, they need to clean house - starting with SC, MR and some other non-needed cast members (Roman LEAPS to mind along with Paige or Bev (keep one, ditch the other), Rory, Theresa, Maxine, Anne, etc), bringing back some other characters (Steve, Jack and Chloe for starters) and they need an infusion of money to change up the sets along with more air-time so the show is easier to follow.

They're doomed to shit ratings until they find out they've been a picture-perfect example of the definition of insanity...doing the same thing over & over and expecting different results.

avasman

Day's needs Eileen and soon they tape way too far in advance and can't change some really bad storylines and boring actors need to be cut!!

3WishGenie
Member Avatar

Days needs to go back and look at when their ratings went up....during the EJabby affair when interest in the show was at a peak! The cooling down of the affair and bringing forward the boring Fetch and sorry to say, Ericole has been the downfall. Not to mention John has gone missing again! They are probably pinning all their hopes on the EJami wedding.

Y&R is just as horrible. A complete snoozefest and terrible plot driven writing. I manage to sit through about 2 episodes a week.

If they have to rely on the weather to boost ratings then they are doomed.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · General Daytime News · Next Topic »
Add Reply