Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Monday, April 21st Daily Discussion
Topic Started: Apr 21 2014, 12:26 AM (33,889 Views)
nananana7

Halloween Family
Apr 22 2014, 11:04 PM
nananana7
Apr 22 2014, 08:43 PM
It almost made me wonder if JER had faked his death.
He did, his new pen name is Ryan Murphy.

I googled Ryan Murphy but that didn't help because I haven't seen any of his shows. Does he do lots of camp, drama, supernatural, reflections, and fake-outs?

Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

happyphairy
Member Avatar

Halloween Family
Apr 22 2014, 10:52 PM
happyphairy
Apr 22 2014, 09:39 PM
Supergirlx2
Apr 22 2014, 09:24 PM
For a second there I thought it was Abby between Sidney and Johnny
Hysterical!

Are we sure Johnny drew it? Where's Rafe and Nicole???! lol
LOL it's from Abigails Art Collection, we all know how much she loves art :D

happyphairy
Member Avatar

Halloween Family
Apr 22 2014, 10:53 PM
happyphairy
Apr 22 2014, 09:51 PM
EJ is obviously a sensitive soul, if this is the way he sees himself. I don't even cry that hard in my nightmares

Posted Image
Poor EJ, THIS is why he never opens up. lol
I feel like he keeps a lot locked inside,such a delicate flower, this might explain why he's in love with sami "the bull" brady - he admires the way she goes around saying what she feels, doing what she wants, beating people up, shooting , threatening, annoying and bothering the whole of salem - he wishes he could express himself like her LOL

nananana7

Supergirlx2

lysie
Apr 22 2014, 09:26 PM
LMAO @ how Johnny got the heights correct in that pic.

Yes. Johnny knows exactly how much taller Allie is than himself, and can draw all heights proportionally to scale.

Allie may excel at long division. But Johnny knows how to draw to scale.

He would know that KM/Abby is exactly two inches shorter than AS/Sami.
And if he added Abby to the picture, then Abby would be just slightly shorter than Sami.
Edited by nananana7, Apr 22 2014, 11:51 PM.

happyphairy
Member Avatar

Halloween Family
Apr 22 2014, 11:20 PM
daysjahvu
Apr 22 2014, 08:58 PM
happyphairy
Apr 22 2014, 07:54 PM
Tripp
Apr 22 2014, 07:43 PM

Quoting limited to 4 levels deep
it's inferred - read the subtext :P
I still think they will continue to drive the Ejabby point home...there is no real reason why he did Abby except one reason and that is in the end he will realize that he does feel good with Abby, that he can talk to her and that she made him feel wanted. He doesn't have to clean up her messes, she is willing to do stuff on her own without his help....he doesn't become her bitch....

I think that was the quote you were looking for. I see EJ crying at the end of the telenovela because he has made a mess of a bunch of people's lives. Some people see it as being sad that his baby with Abby is gone after Sami gave her a shove. Or being sad that he has been obsessed with a crazy, baby-killing bitch. It's all about perspective, everyone will read into it what they will.
I'm not sure where people are getting EJ is secretly in love with Abby but I can see where there's hope for them later on, he thinks highly of her (pretty, thin and educated.)
LOL yep fantasy ej certainly let us know that Abby was a pretty young thing, like it was mentioned like 5 times, more times than the kids...theres a point when fantasy sami was like "She's pretty" - EJ just looked at Sami and didnt say shit, he didnt disagree or nothing - I laughed my ass off

maybe he wants Abby to pregnant with his baby and that was the whole point of that daymare/fantasy ;)

happyphairy
Member Avatar

Kaha
Halloween Family
happyphairy
EJ is obviously a sensitive soul, if this is the way he sees himself. I don't even cry that hard in my nightmares

Posted Image
Stop being mean to EJ. Isn't it enough that Fantasy Sami beat the crap out of him. Didn't he suffer enough? LEAVE EJ ALONE. Leave him alone Please…. !
Leave Elvis Dimera alone!…right now!….I mean it.!

I know... so 2007!
LOL you sound as dramatic as fantasy EJ :D :D

nananana7

Supergirlx2
nananana7
Apr 22 2014, 09:36 PM
EJ looks like a real person in Johnny's photo. By that, I mean a normal person who doesn't wear a suit and tie at home with family. I don't remember ever seeing EJ look like that!
It's weird that Johnny knew enough to put Sami in a tight hot pink dress. But he didn't think to put EJ in a suit.
Edited by nananana7, Apr 22 2014, 11:54 PM.

Kaha
Member Avatar

happyphairy
Apr 22 2014, 11:54 PM
Kaha
Halloween Family
happyphairy

Posted Image
Stop being mean to EJ. Isn't it enough that Fantasy Sami beat the crap out of him. Didn't he suffer enough? LEAVE EJ ALONE. Leave him alone Please…. !

I know... so 2007!
His drama queen persona must be rubbing on me. I want to rewatch the episode.
Edited by Kaha, Apr 23 2014, 12:07 AM.

Kaha
Member Avatar

happyphairy
Apr 22 2014, 11:51 PM
Halloween Family
daysjahvu
happyphairy
Apr 22 2014, 07:54 PM

I still think they will continue to drive the Ejabby point home...there is no real reason why he did Abby except one reason and that is in the end he will realize that he does feel good with Abby, that he can talk to her and that she made him feel wanted. He doesn't have to clean up her messes, she is willing to do stuff on her own without his help....he doesn't become her bitch....

I think that was the quote you were looking for. I see EJ crying at the end of the telenovela because he has made a mess of a bunch of people's lives. Some people see it as being sad that his baby with Abby is gone after Sami gave her a shove. Or being sad that he has been obsessed with a crazy, baby-killing bitch. It's all about perspective, everyone will read into it what they will.
I'm not sure where people are getting EJ is secretly in love with Abby but I can see where there's hope for them later on, he thinks highly of her (pretty, thin and educated.)
LOL yep fantasy ej certainly let us know that Abby was a pretty young thing, like it was mentioned like 5 times, more times than the kids...theres a point when fantasy sami was like "She's pretty" - EJ just looked at Sami and didnt say shit, he didnt disagree or nothing - I laughed my ass off

maybe he wants Abby to pregnant with his baby and that was the whole point of that daymare/fantasy ;)
Just FYI - I introduced my grandmother to Days (soaps in general), she loved that Sami was in control and she bitch slapped the crap out of EJ.

happyphairy
Member Avatar

Kaha
Apr 22 2014, 11:59 PM
happyphairy
Apr 22 2014, 11:54 PM
Kaha
Halloween Family

Quoting limited to 4 levels deepPosted Image

I know... so 2007!
He's drama queen persona must be rubbing on me. I want to rewatch the episode.
you need to rewatch that episode after a few drinks...ive watched it twice and theres always something new to laugh at :D
EJ rushing out of the Dimera mansion is up there with the best of them

happyphairy
Member Avatar

Kaha
Apr 23 2014, 12:06 AM
happyphairy
Halloween Family
daysjahvu

Quoting limited to 4 levels deepI still think they will continue to drive the Ejabby point home...there is no real reason why he did Abby except one reason and that is in the end he will realize that he does feel good with Abby, that he can talk to her and that she made him feel wanted. He doesn't have to clean up her messes, she is willing to do stuff on her own without his help....he doesn't become her bitch....

Just FYI - I introduced my grandmother to Days (soaps in general), she loved that Sami was in control and she bitch slapped the crap out of EJ.
LOL love that. The one thing i liked about Sami in that moment was the fact that she didnt spend too much time feeling sorry for herself, she had a pity party for a few minutes and then after that she was ready to handle her business = JAB, SLAP, SLAP, SLAP, SMASH, PUSH, SHOVE

sidenote: JS's acting coach needs a swift kick in the buttocks

jendays
Member Avatar

SummerAngel
Apr 22 2014, 12:17 AM
greeneyedgirl
Apr 22 2014, 12:14 AM
tomsawyer
Apr 22 2014, 12:09 AM
lysie
Apr 21 2014, 11:58 PM

Well, he's never seemed like the most fan/media/promotion savvy guy, LOL.

I will say I can understand his preferential treatment of Ejami fans to some degree. It's like giving preferential treatment to your decade-long season tickets holders that were with you when the team had a losing record. He should probably be trying harder to cultivate new fans now though since Ejami has a definite shelf-life.
after being in the chat tonight, I am about 99.9% sure James is leaving when Ali does. So I can see why he only seems invested in Ejami, it will be his final pairing before he parts with the show.
I hope he leaves too, and then they can give Bryan Datillo aka Lucas a full time contract, someone who has worked so hard and who deserves it so much more than James ever has.
SOAP GODS, yes please give BD a contract. Lucas has more personality in his pinkie than Dr Dan. I don't mind EJ, at least Lucas and EJ hate each other and this creates good drama. Dr Dan is an overused saint/hero complex that is BORING and can do no wrong (even though he sleeps around and is a cheater, but god forbid anybody say anything about that). At least Lucas is real and has flaws and can be under handed, that more interesting than the Saint.

Kaha
Member Avatar

happyphairy
Apr 23 2014, 12:14 AM
Kaha
Apr 23 2014, 12:06 AM
happyphairy
Halloween Family

Quoting limited to 4 levels deepI still think they will continue to drive the Ejabby point home...there is no real reason why he did Abby except one reason and that is in the end he will realize that he does feel good with Abby, that he can talk to her and that she made him feel wanted. He doesn't have to clean up her messes, she is willing to do stuff on her own without his help....he doesn't become her bitch....

LOL love that. The one thing i liked about Sami in that moment was the fact that she didnt spend too much time feeling sorry for herself, she had a pity party for a few minutes and then after that she was ready to handle her business = JAB, SLAP, SLAP, SLAP, SMASH, PUSH, SHOVE

sidenote: JS's acting coach needs a swift kick in the buttocks
I liked Fantasy Sami best at the Horton House. The only thing that would've made it better was if she slapped Jennifer, EJ and Abby before she laid the law for, what did she call Abby, cookie. Fantasy Sami: As much as I want to puke the sight of her, the babysitter and I need to discuss the house rules." fucking hilarious. How did I miss that.

S loves EJ

Tripp
Apr 22 2014, 03:34 PM
S loves EJ
Apr 22 2014, 03:18 PM
LuvingLumi
Apr 22 2014, 02:40 PM
gailwinters
Apr 22 2014, 02:30 PM

The affair happened in January and continued through Feb...he is NOW showing guilt for the FIRST TIME....why NOW? Because he got the pictures....and he fears getting caught....I still wonder if he would have never received incriminating pics that could explode his world if we would have ever seen Ej feeling guilty.
He has showned quilt before when he said bloody hell what have I done
and when he flashback to Ejabby when talking to Johnny. He could have
showned more quilt before monday's episode. Anyway while some could
be seen as fear of getting caught him flashbacking to Sami saying she trust
him and that she told people he has change is definietly quilt and shows he
loves Sami.
He showed guilt that first time. What about when he almost did it with her the 2nd time at the cabin? What about the time when he followed Abby into the stockroom and did it? And what about the shower? In spite of recent episodes, JS knows how to convey guilt. If he did it the first time, he can show it again later on instead of flashing to Ejabby sex with an unreadable expression.

But this all comes down to the whole problem with the Ejami love story over all. The show has to use the actors to "explain" the characters motivations because many fans (myself included) become confused at whether EJami actually love each other or just going through the emotions:

1. EJ showing no worries over Sami's reaction to finding out her brother was raped
2. Ej cheating on Sami over and over.
3. Sami declaring EJ's own father isn't invited to their wedding without the slightest care that it might hurt him.
4. Sami, after going through a dry spell of no sex with EJ, doesn't bat an eye at the sight of his naked body emerging from the shower. Just sign the damn contracts EJ.

That's just me taking 5 minutes to remember. The list could go on and on into much worse worst offenses. Yet the show will put AS and JS out there to talk of Ejami and what the episode does here and there and how they feel about each other.

There are people that buries their feelings inside for them to come out later. EJ feelings quilty on monday covers the whole affair, so I don´t think it can be said that EJ screwing Abby without quilt prooves he doesn´t love Sami anymore. I do think the writers could have done a better job with EJ showing quilt over what happend to Eric. I think they did that when EJ told Sami he was sorry what happend to Eric when they got back together but it was to little to late, and I ca agree that the writing regarding how Ejami feels for one an other has been confusing (I was feeling Ejabby more than Ejami in the shower episode) but I do think they are making it clear now. Still I don´t if it matters because those who don´t like Ejami will probably never like them no matter how they are written.

daysjahvu
Member Avatar

nananana7
Apr 22 2014, 11:36 PM
Halloween Family
nananana7
Apr 22 2014, 08:43 PM
It almost made me wonder if JER had faked his death.
He did, his new pen name is Ryan Murphy.

I googled Ryan Murphy but that didn't help because I haven't seen any of his shows. Does he do lots of camp, drama, supernatural, reflections, and fake-outs?

I loved Nip/Tuck...it got more and more out there as the series went on. Julian McMahon's character was so hot, twisted & flawed that I couldn't wait to see what he was going to do next. Murphy wrote the classic triangle with the 3 leads, Dylan Walsh, Julian McMahon & Joely Richardson and all 3 had great chemistry with one another.

Glee is a reflection of the time Murphy spent in show choirs when he was in high school & college. It's fun to watch if you love music & dance and once in a while it hits on some pretty good social themes. Definitely more fluff.

American Horror Story is super dark, twisty, demented, crazy drama. Lots of changing time periods, characters that appear one way to one character & another way to other characters, visions, ghosts, psychosis, etc. The first season features a woman pregnant with twins...one from a rape(she thought she was having sex with her husband in a latex suit, but it was actually a ghost) & one from her husband (sound familiar?) Each season features a new setting and set of characters, but many of the actors overlap season to season.

Haven't seen his other work.
Edited by daysjahvu, Apr 23 2014, 03:35 AM.

Yoryla
Member Avatar

Supergirlx2
Apr 22 2014, 09:38 PM
This is what gave the dream away. The acting, the acting....... my God :laugh:

Yoryla
Member Avatar

Lady Evol
Apr 22 2014, 09:56 PM
Yoryla
Apr 22 2014, 12:28 PM
Lady Evol
Apr 22 2014, 10:22 AM
Yoryla
Apr 22 2014, 05:08 AM

Actually, no. In real life, you can't choose who the other parent has your kids around. Not in regards to who they date, or other family members. You get no say over what the other parent does in their parenting time. It's frustrating, but the converse is true, they don't get to dictate your life either.
Well, actually, she sure as the heck can take her children away from the man who has betrayed her when she moves out, she can also file for custody and most likely win too.

And she can also say she doesn't want for Abigail or certain other people to interact with her children, she cannot be there to observe it every time though so whether it actually happens or not she doesn't have any control over. But she can certainly want it.
Yes, she can move out and file for custody.

She can't control who is around the kids when they're with their father, which will certainly happen.

Neither can Gabi or Will, since that's where the OP was going with this question.

That's real life, not days world, but I think they know this, because of the past with Lucas and EJ. Lucas didn't want his kids in the dimansion, and EJ was like "haha too bad, sucka," and Lucas was all "hey bro, then I'll take her out of the country away from you and Sami if I have to," and EJ said "zingggg, I gotcha, bitch- check out this recording I just made of you threatening to leave the country with Allie!" And Lucas got all shouty and red and sweaty, and dropped the whole subject- pretty sure he even called Sami to give Allie back earlier than planned.

And that was over EJ being around his kids. There's no way Abigail would be viewed as bad to be around the kids and keep her away from them if EJabby happened irl.
Perhaps not, but the fact that Sami would want that and strive for it to happen, would be nothing surprising or nothing uncalled for. And frankly, if I was the other woman (= Abigail), I would kind of realize that myself and have the good sense to not insinuate myself anywhere near the wife's children.

NicGil

I really hope this fakeout doesn't mean that we won't actually get a dramatic reveal. It worries me that Sami may react differently to finding out as I thought her reaction in the fantasy was pretty true to her character.

BeeBee
Member Avatar

MissLola
Apr 22 2014, 07:49 PM
Tripp
Apr 22 2014, 07:43 PM
happyphairy
Apr 22 2014, 07:40 PM
so let me get this straight ....even after yesterday and everything EJ has done and said re:Ejabby and Ejami - people still think hes secretly in love with Abby - wheres the emoticon thats expresses being delusional ?
I have not seen one person say that.
Me neither. And I read through all 40 pages.
Happyphairy is more insightful than than you might imagine.That is exactly what I was saying in my post although I did not use those words,I must admit I agree with Will&Sonny that EJ loves himself first,his children second,and everyone else has whatever is left but I believe its Abby not Sami.I am still of the opinion that Sami is an obsession ala Stefano and Marlena.EJ's remark about loving Sami as shown by his behavior in "jumping through every hoop" she has held up was telling to me because it indicates that he believes he has to pass a series of tests given by Sami before she will love him.He could have just said he loves her as shown by all of the obstacles in their way but he said he has gone through all of the hoops "she" has held up.It is as if he is passing a test Sami is giving to show he is worthy of her love.
Edited by BeeBee, Apr 23 2014, 02:33 PM.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

daysjahvu
Member Avatar

NicGil
Apr 23 2014, 10:06 AM
I really hope this fakeout doesn't mean that we won't actually get a dramatic reveal. It worries me that Sami may react differently to finding out as I thought her reaction in the fantasy was pretty true to her character.
I'm guessing that is exactly what is going to happen. Part of Ali's concept that this is a pivotal part of Sami's journey is that Sami is probably realizing that reacting as she would in the past to something like this has not made her any happier & has hurt her children. Ali mentioned that Sami is trying to rein in the physical violence. That is why she took the slap from Gabi without slapping back.

What if she had listened to EJ when he begged for mercy over the Sydnapping thing? Instead, Sami committed an awful crime and then had an awful crime perpetrated on her. Their children went back & forth and what did it prove? That they couldn't stay away from each other. Right now, in Sami's words she is the happiest she has ever been. Her family is happy and it is all thanks to EJ. So she can blow this whole happy family up or she can quietly work through her issues with EJ, so they can move forward.

James also touted the fake out as a turning point for EJ. Maybe he does come clean with her and lets the chips fall where they may.

None of this excuses EJ's behavior or means that he doesn't deserve the full wrath of Hurricane Sami. But I think we saw that wrath on Monday in EJ's mind & I think the real reveal will be very different. Keeping it quiet will also allow Abigail to keep her Horton/Devereaux sainthood in place so she can continue on the road to becoming just like her sanctimonious mother. Obviously, I would prefer the previous model Sami wreaking all kinds of havoc but I just don't think it's going to happen that way.
Edited by daysjahvu, Apr 23 2014, 10:32 AM.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply