Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Monday, April 21st Daily Discussion
Topic Started: Apr 21 2014, 12:26 AM (33,605 Views)
Halloween Family
Member Avatar

daysjahvu
Apr 23 2014, 03:31 AM
nananana7
Apr 22 2014, 11:36 PM
Halloween Family
Apr 22 2014, 11:04 PM
nananana7
Apr 22 2014, 08:43 PM
It almost made me wonder if JER had faked his death.
He did, his new pen name is Ryan Murphy.

I googled Ryan Murphy but that didn't help because I haven't seen any of his shows. Does he do lots of camp, drama, supernatural, reflections, and fake-outs?

I loved Nip/Tuck...it got more and more out there as the series went on. Julian McMahon's character was so hot, twisted & flawed that I couldn't wait to see what he was going to do next. Murphy wrote the classic triangle with the 3 leads, Dylan Walsh, Julian McMahon & Joely Richardson and all 3 had great chemistry with one another.

Glee is a reflection of the time Murphy spent in show choirs when he was in high school & college. It's fun to watch if you love music & dance and once in a while it hits on some pretty good social themes. Definitely more fluff.

American Horror Story is super dark, twisty, demented, crazy drama. Lots of changing time periods, characters that appear one way to one character & another way to other characters, visions, ghosts, psychosis, etc. The first season features a woman pregnant with twins...one from a rape(she thought she was having sex with her husband in a latex suit, but it was actually a ghost) & one from her husband (sound familiar?) Each season features a new setting and set of characters, but many of the actors overlap season to season.

Haven't seen his other work.
I think RM is more inspired by JER, he doesn't tend to do the fake outs. I do sometimes wonder if RM is a fan of Days.

Nip/Tuck: When I watched the first season years ago, Kimber reminded me of Nicole. Later on, they had the son run off with a transgender male to female. That character reminded me of Vincent/Passions. NT I thought had that same crazy feel like Passions did in it's later years. I loved Julian's Christian Troy, he was such a scum bag lol. I'll never forget the scene where he first meets Kimber and she said she was a 10, he said she was an 8, telling her she should have used sunscreen.lol Then he proceeded to tell her at her request all the stuff wrong with her. This beautiful woman standing with all these red plastic surgeon "correction" markings was a powerful scene.

Glee: the rubber belly pregnancy pad. Quinn was the president of her Golden Circle club when she became pregnant (Glee did it first, though). There was Quinn & Finn, we had Chad & Tad.

Edited by Halloween Family, Apr 23 2014, 12:19 PM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Halloween Family
Member Avatar

happyphairy
Apr 22 2014, 11:37 PM
Halloween Family
Apr 22 2014, 10:52 PM
happyphairy
Apr 22 2014, 09:39 PM
Supergirlx2
Apr 22 2014, 09:24 PM
For a second there I thought it was Abby between Sidney and Johnny
Hysterical!

Are we sure Johnny drew it? Where's Rafe and Nicole???! lol
LOL it's from Abigails Art Collection, we all know how much she loves art :D
LOL

At least Abby knows Sami's still in the picture and her place is with the rest of the kids, lol.
Edited by Halloween Family, Apr 23 2014, 12:24 PM.

Halloween Family
Member Avatar

happyphairy
Apr 22 2014, 11:44 PM
Halloween Family
Apr 22 2014, 10:53 PM
happyphairy
Apr 22 2014, 09:51 PM
EJ is obviously a sensitive soul, if this is the way he sees himself. I don't even cry that hard in my nightmares

Posted Image
Poor EJ, THIS is why he never opens up. lol
I feel like he keeps a lot locked inside,such a delicate flower, this might explain why he's in love with sami "the bull" brady - he admires the way she goes around saying what she feels, doing what she wants, beating people up, shooting , threatening, annoying and bothering the whole of salem - he wishes he could express himself like her LOL

LOL. Poor EJ all he wants to do is write poetry and go to Justin Beiber concerts. I felt like this was a projection type dream because EJ is more insecure and more likely to be devasted. I mean boyfriend tried to commit suicide last time Sami kicked him to the curb, lol. However, I can see him wanting to be more like Sami, lol.

happyphairy
Member Avatar

Halloween Family
Apr 23 2014, 12:24 PM
happyphairy
Apr 22 2014, 11:44 PM
Halloween Family
Apr 22 2014, 10:53 PM
happyphairy
Apr 22 2014, 09:51 PM
EJ is obviously a sensitive soul, if this is the way he sees himself. I don't even cry that hard in my nightmares

Posted Image
Poor EJ, THIS is why he never opens up. lol
I feel like he keeps a lot locked inside,such a delicate flower, this might explain why he's in love with sami "the bull" brady - he admires the way she goes around saying what she feels, doing what she wants, beating people up, shooting , threatening, annoying and bothering the whole of salem - he wishes he could express himself like her LOL

LOL. Poor EJ all he wants to do is write poetry and go to Justin Beiber concerts. I felt like this was a projection type dream because EJ is more insecure and more likely to be devasted. I mean boyfriend tried to commit suicide last time Sami kicked him to the curb, lol. However, I can see him wanting to be more like Sami, lol.
LOL i had totally forgotten about that- what a hot mess EJ is.
all the schemes and plots to try and get sami and still he screws it up royally
he needs to go sit in a corner somewhere and think about what he's done
i cant wait to see what he's going to do next :D

You know if he wasnt as attractive as he is I would totally hate him but i just cant resist JS that hot piece of ass and the accent of course ha ha

S loves EJ

S loves EJ
Apr 22 2014, 12:05 PM
mer4santo
Apr 22 2014, 10:15 AM
SummerAngel
Apr 21 2014, 11:47 PM
trojangal
Apr 21 2014, 11:42 PM

Quoting limited to 4 levels deep
I understand they promote their pairings, but he has YET to show any respect to Kate Mansi or Ari Zucker as actresses and show them any respect or good praise in regards to his relationship with Nicole or Abby. All he has ever done is talk and tweet about his relationship with Ali and his preference of Ejami. Never has any shown any praise for his other pairings, not once in seven years. That is just plain rude to Kate, Ari, Natalia, and Tamara.
That is actually not true. He has always praised his female acting partners and tried to get behind most of his pairings, EJaylor the exception, I just think that he formed this character so heavily on the premise that Sami is the one for EJ that he never gets away from that.

It's not disrespectful to other actors or storylines, I'm sure they all know the deal, hell Nicole ALWAYS called EJ on it.

Oddly I'm defending the guy in this case but he is definitely not a promotional genius.

I think it would make more sense if JS had problems getting away from the premise that Sami is the one for EJ if it werenīt for Ejamiīs bad history that has made it hard to pair them, or if he didnīt like working AZ, but it seems like he does and then I could get behind Ejole too. I have liked them in scenes too. What orginally gave me doubts about the pairing was the thought of JS or AZ not being happy about the pairing, and then I didnīt want them together, but that doesnīt seem to be the case but just me getting the wrong impression.

After rewatching some scenes from 2009 I think it make sense why JS would have problems getting away from the premise that EJ loves Sami the writers wouldnīt let him, Nicole was insecure a lot about EJīs feelings for Sami in 2009 and there are scenes where EJ still seems inlove/obssessed with Sami. There are Ejole scenes that I like but I canīt feel the love between them when Nicole gets insecure. I like Nicoleīs outburst in this scene and bad EJ in her nightmare but I get the sense that EJ isnīt over Sami. So if they were to get back to Ejole they need to get rid of Nicoleīs insecurities for me to be able to buy them.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ljzbKkPOvN4

outrageous
Member Avatar

SummerAngel
Apr 22 2014, 12:14 AM
JS knows how to use a computer, to navigate twitter, and how to do a blog for NBC. He's very technologically talented. I don't buy he doesn't know what he's doing. Another lie on his part. He also stated in chat he checks twitter every few days. He shouldn't be given a free pass about technology. He knows how to use it.

Also, I agree the actors and actresses shouldn't limit themselves to one pairing. That is just career suicide to do that. Maybe he should go join y and r.

His character on y and r would have already bedded Avery, Sharon, Lily, Victoria, Vicki, Chelsea and Chloe, at least three times each in seven years. Well, maybe not that much, but he would have been with way more women.
I don't think that James ever said that he can't use technology. I think he said that he doesn't like it. Big difference, IMO.

Jezebel
Member Avatar

happyphairy
Apr 22 2014, 07:52 PM
Tripp
Apr 22 2014, 03:34 PM
S loves EJ
Apr 22 2014, 03:18 PM
LuvingLumi
Apr 22 2014, 02:40 PM

He has showned quilt before when he said bloody hell what have I done
and when he flashback to Ejabby when talking to Johnny. He could have
showned more quilt before monday's episode. Anyway while some could
be seen as fear of getting caught him flashbacking to Sami saying she trust
him and that she told people he has change is definietly quilt and shows he
loves Sami.
He showed guilt that first time. What about when he almost did it with her the 2nd time at the cabin? What about the time when he followed Abby into the stockroom and did it? And what about the shower? In spite of recent episodes, JS knows how to convey guilt. If he did it the first time, he can show it again later on instead of flashing to Ejabby sex with an unreadable expression.

But this all comes down to the whole problem with the Ejami love story over all. The show has to use the actors to "explain" the characters motivations because many fans (myself included) become confused at whether EJami actually love each other or just going through the emotions:

1. EJ showing no worries over Sami's reaction to finding out her brother was raped
2. Ej cheating on Sami over and over.
3. Sami declaring EJ's own father isn't invited to their wedding without the slightest care that it might hurt him.
4. Sami, after going through a dry spell of no sex with EJ, doesn't bat an eye at the sight of his naked body emerging from the shower. Just sign the damn contracts EJ.

That's just me taking 5 minutes to remember. The list could go on and on into much worse worst offenses. Yet the show will put AS and JS out there to talk of Ejami and what the episode does here and there and how they feel about each other.
let's not forget that ej's idea of love is somewhat twisted. this is not the average joe were are dealing with here. this is the son of stefano born into a seriously screwed up family - basically just like everyone in salem EJ has major issues, one of them being extreme self sabotage so we can't really use our version of what we think an EJ/Sami loving relationship should look like - we can only intrepret what's on the screen and what's on the screen is that EJ believes Sami is the love of his life. He might grow older and wiser and think otherwise later on in life but right now he really believes she's the one for him.

Also he didnt show that much guilt before because he was saving all the good stuff for yersterday's telenovela :D
I am sure he does but at this point I've come to the conclusion that it's obsession.

I wasn't a fan of EJ and Sami years ago because I preferred Sami with Lucas and I attempted to give EJ and Sami a chance last year and it almost worked, but the show this year really failed once and for all to show me that he really truly loves her. He had everything he's been wanting for years, but he screwed Abby for apparently no reason other than he couldn't help himself, as he put it. That doesn't work for me. :glare:

First post, yeehaw!
Edited by Jezebel, Apr 27 2014, 10:10 AM.

phloe3

Another thing I noticed was EJ said he only slept with Abby twice. It was three times and he came close to it another two times

S loves EJ

Jezebel
Apr 27 2014, 10:10 AM
happyphairy
Tripp
S loves EJ

He showed guilt that first time. What about when he almost did it with her the 2nd time at the cabin? What about the time when he followed Abby into the stockroom and did it? And what about the shower? In spite of recent episodes, JS knows how to convey guilt. If he did it the first time, he can show it again later on instead of flashing to Ejabby sex with an unreadable expression.

But this all comes down to the whole problem with the Ejami love story over all. The show has to use the actors to "explain" the characters motivations because many fans (myself included) become confused at whether EJami actually love each other or just going through the emotions:

1. EJ showing no worries over Sami's reaction to finding out her brother was raped
3. Sami declaring EJ's own father isn't invited to their wedding without the slightest care that it might hurt him.
4. Sami, after going through a dry spell of no sex with EJ, doesn't bat an eye at the sight of his naked body emerging from the shower. Just sign the damn contracts EJ.

That's just me taking 5 minutes to remember. The list could go on and on into much worse worst offenses. Yet the show will put AS and JS out there to talk of Ejami and what the episode does here and there and how they feel about each other.
let's not forget that ej's idea of love is somewhat twisted. this is not the average joe were are dealing with here. this is the son of stefano born into a seriously screwed up family - basically just like everyone in salem EJ has major issues, one of them being extreme self sabotage so we can't really use our version of what we think an EJ/Sami loving relationship should look like - we can only intrepret what's on the screen and what's on the screen is that EJ believes Sami is the love of his life. He might grow older and wiser and think otherwise later on in life but right now he really believes she's the one for him.

Also he didnt show that much guilt before because he was saving all the good stuff for yersterday's telenovela :D
I am sure he does but at this point I've come to the conclusion that it's obsession.

I wasn't a fan of EJ and Sami years ago because I preferred Sami with Lucas and I attempted to give EJ and Sami a chance last year and it almost worked, but the show this year really failed once and for all to show me that he really truly loves her. He had everything he's been wanting for years, but he screwed Abby for apparently no reason other than he couldn't help himself, as he put it. That doesn't work for me. :glare:

First post, yeehaw!

I donīt think EJ slept with Abby only because he couldnīt help himself he and Sami were having problems they werenīt sleeping together I donīt think EJ would have cheated if he and Sami had been in a good place in their relationship.

phloe3
Apr 27 2014, 10:15 AM
Another thing I noticed was EJ said he only slept with Abby twice. It was three times and he came close to it another two times

The first two times happen at the same occasion so I guess EJ just count it as one time.

concerned
Member Avatar

Supergirlx2
Apr 22 2014, 09:17 PM
That is the best photo of those two I have seen yet.

It almost makes me like them.
Edited by concerned, Apr 27 2014, 09:27 PM.

WilSonJAb33
Member Avatar

Rosebud
Apr 21 2014, 10:19 PM
RoseVioletDaisy
Apr 21 2014, 08:43 PM
concerned
Apr 21 2014, 08:17 PM
Can I have a gif of Sami perched in the chair like a baby bird?
Is this it?

Posted Image
This would have been great if the chair had tipped over backwards! :D
EJ's nightmare mostly made sense but for this scene? I was one thing for Sami to not what EJ to touch her but this was just plan weird the back up to perch on a chair, why not just leave the room.
Edited by WilSonJAb33, Apr 27 2014, 09:46 PM.

concerned
Member Avatar

S loves EJ
Apr 24 2014, 05:01 AM
S loves EJ
mer4santo
SummerAngel
Apr 21 2014, 11:47 PM

That is actually not true. He has always praised his female acting partners and tried to get behind most of his pairings, EJaylor the exception, I just think that he formed this character so heavily on the premise that Sami is the one for EJ that he never gets away from that.

It's not disrespectful to other actors or storylines, I'm sure they all know the deal, hell Nicole ALWAYS called EJ on it.

Oddly I'm defending the guy in this case but he is definitely not a promotional genius.

I think it would make more sense if JS had problems getting away from the premise that Sami is the one for EJ if it werenīt for Ejamiīs bad history that has made it hard to pair them, or if he didnīt like working AZ, but it seems like he does and then I could get behind Ejole too. I have liked them in scenes too. What orginally gave me doubts about the pairing was the thought of JS or AZ not being happy about the pairing, and then I didnīt want them together, but that doesnīt seem to be the case but just me getting the wrong impression.

After rewatching some scenes from 2009 I think it make sense why JS would have problems getting away from the premise that EJ loves Sami the writers wouldnīt let him, Nicole was insecure a lot about EJīs feelings for Sami in 2009 and there are scenes where EJ still seems inlove/obssessed with Sami. There are Ejole scenes that I like but I canīt feel the love between them when Nicole gets insecure. I like Nicoleīs outburst in this scene and bad EJ in her nightmare but I get the sense that EJ isnīt over Sami. So if they were to get back to Ejole they need to get rid of Nicoleīs insecurities for me to be able to buy them.

In 2009 I think a lot of Nicole's insecurities were heightened by the fact that she was hiding one huge bonanza of a secret and they needed to keep the tension up between them.

I felt that they had really moved away from that in 2011 Ej and Nicole. I felt that was more about EJ's place in his kids life not being usurped by Rafe not his overwhelming desire to have Sami. It was more an introduction into how well EJ and Nicole could work as a team, how she could deliver to him the life he wanted and his petty insecurities about not being able to control her and being scared of being taken advantage of again if he let her into his life.

And I didn't feel he had any lingering love left for Sami for end of 2011 and start of 2012.
To me he was almost punishing himself by being with Sami for griefsex.

But that was just me.
Turns out Nicole was right.
All her suspicions and delusions were right on the money.

The only problem for me is I now don't believe a word EJ says to anyone.
Which means there is not really to much point me being invested in his feelings.

The problem for EJole isn't Nicole's insecurities it's the complete trashing of EJ as a character with any redeeming qualities " except for deep pockets, movie star good looks and being phenomenal in bed".
Edited by concerned, Apr 27 2014, 09:53 PM.

concerned
Member Avatar

Halloween Family
Apr 23 2014, 12:20 PM
happyphairy
Apr 22 2014, 11:37 PM
Halloween Family
Apr 22 2014, 10:52 PM
happyphairy
Apr 22 2014, 09:39 PM

Quoting limited to 4 levels deepPosted Image
Hysterical!

Are we sure Johnny drew it? Where's Rafe and Nicole???! lol
LOL it's from Abigails Art Collection, we all know how much she loves art :D
LOL

At least Abby knows Sami's still in the picture and her place is with the rest of the kids, lol.
Johnny's sense of proportion is poor.

S loves EJ

concerned
Apr 27 2014, 09:45 PM
S loves EJ
Apr 24 2014, 05:01 AM
S loves EJ
mer4santo

In 2009 I think a lot of Nicole's insecurities were heightened by the fact that she was hiding one huge bonanza of a secret and they needed to keep the tension up between them.

I felt that they had really moved away from that in 2011 Ej and Nicole. I felt that was more about EJ's place in his kids life not being usurped by Rafe not his overwhelming desire to have Sami. It was more an introduction into how well EJ and Nicole could work as a team, how she could deliver to him the life he wanted and his petty insecurities about not being able to control her and being scared of being taken advantage of again if he let her into his life.

And I didn't feel he had any lingering love left for Sami for end of 2011 and start of 2012.
To me he was almost punishing himself by being with Sami for griefsex.

But that was just me.
Turns out Nicole was right.
All her suspicions and delusions were right on the money.

The only problem for me is I now don't believe a word EJ says to anyone.
Which means there is not really to much point me being invested in his feelings.

The problem for EJole isn't Nicole's insecurities it's the complete trashing of EJ as a character with any redeeming qualities " except for deep pockets, movie star good looks and being phenomenal in bed".
I do think Ejole was written better in the fall of 2011 until the griefsex
happend since I like it and Ejami I saw it as EJ still had feelings for Sami. Still
there is no garantee that your couple will last forever on a soap so you
should enjoy your ship while it last and I believe in what is currently written
to be the truth. While I think EJ mostly been inlove with Sami he also been
inlove with Taylor and Nicole and if JS stays EJ will most likely be written to
be over Sami and inlove with some other woman.

S loves EJ

It doesn't seem that I can edit my last post on the phone but I just wanted
to ad it wasn't just EJ fault Ejole didn't worked out Nicole kept pushing him
away.

No1_ILoveLucyFan
Member Avatar

concerned
Apr 27 2014, 09:27 PM
Supergirlx2

It's a nice frame! :blulaugh:

King
Member Avatar

This episode was terrible, but it kinda made sense when it turned out to be a dream.

happyphairy
Member Avatar

Jezebel
happyphairy
Tripp
S loves EJ

First post, yeehaw!
I disagree with your first post ever - lol welcome :P

He had everything he's been wanting for years, but he screwed Abby for apparently no reason other than he couldn't help himself, as he put it. = Daddy & Mommy Issues, also extreme self sabotage. He really needs to book a couple of sessions with Marlena. That should be her wedding present to him

concerned
Member Avatar

No1_ILoveLucyFan
Apr 28 2014, 06:41 AM
concerned
Apr 27 2014, 09:27 PM
Supergirlx2

It's a nice frame! :blulaugh:
Is this an actual photo of the two of them or just EJ's fantasy photo of the two of them?

It wouldn't surprise me if this is what EJ thinks they are like as a couple.
Sadly I have never seen it play out like this on screen.
Edited by concerned, Apr 28 2014, 04:03 PM.

Jezebel
Member Avatar

happyphairy
Apr 28 2014, 01:55 PM
Jezebel
happyphairy
Tripp

First post, yeehaw!
I disagree with your first post ever - lol welcome :P

He had everything he's been wanting for years, but he screwed Abby for apparently no reason other than he couldn't help himself, as he put it. = Daddy & Mommy Issues, also extreme self sabotage. He really needs to book a couple of sessions with Marlena. That should be her wedding present to him
Well, I didn't expect you to. :blulaugh: I really tried to get on board with them. I did.

Thanks for the welcome! :blowkiss:
Edited by Jezebel, Apr 28 2014, 05:34 PM.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply