Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
DC: Daytime Emmys to Be Held June 22; updated 5/1: If No TV Deal, Daytime Emmys Will Be Streamed Online
Topic Started: Apr 22 2014, 05:21 PM (895 Views)
thepadange

http://daytimeconfidential.com/2014/04/22/daytime-emmys-to-celebrate-on-june-22

updated:

TVGN Offered to Air 41st Annual Daytime Emmys
http://daytimeconfidential.com/2014/04/29/report-tvgn-offered-to-air-41st-annual-daytime-emmys

updated 5/1
If No TV Deal, Daytime Emmys Will Be Streamed Online
http://www.soapoperanetwork.com/2014/05/exclusive-if-no-tv-deal-daytime-emmys-will-be-streamed-online
Edited by thepadange, May 1 2014, 06:50 AM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

JarlenaLante
Member Avatar

I'm glad for the actors/directors/writers/producers and other nominees to be getting a ceremony for the awards. Hopefully if a network deal isn't reached we'll be able to access clips of the acceptance speeches somewhere on the Internet.

talbab1994
Member Avatar

This is probably bad to say but I almost hope that it's an internet based awards show. The only reason why I say that is that we could actually SEE clips of the nominees and see more than talk and game shows being honored.

Marlene

As long as it's not in Vegas, I'm happy.

thepadange

TVGN Offered to Air 41st Annual Daytime Emmys:

http://daytimeconfidential.com/2014/04/29/report-tvgn-offered-to-air-41st-annual-daytime-emmys

blueskies
Member Avatar

thepadange
Apr 29 2014, 11:47 AM
WTF NATAS?!

DiMeraFan67
Member Avatar

Do they really get to be picky about this? They struggle to find a host every year and they are really running out of time. They should have jumped at it. I don't even know what channel TVGN is for me, but I would find it and watch if it were on there. The focus would likely shift to soaps a little more considering they are airing soaps now.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

blueskies
Member Avatar

DiMeraFan67
Apr 29 2014, 12:01 PM
Do they really get to be picky about this? They struggle to find a host every year and they are really running out of time. They should have jumped at it. I don't even know what channel TVGN is for me, but I would find it and watch if it were on there. The focus would likely shift to soaps a little more considering they are airing soaps now.
i hope if they go back to TVGN they only offer them half a mill instead.

OliveAnn

thepadange
Apr 29 2014, 11:47 AM
Does NATAS not relize they are not in a position to choose? Do they not see that networks are not lining up and arguing over who'll air the ceremony?

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

NATAS is saying there was NO offer made for 2014 from TVGN.....

blueskies
Member Avatar

Mitchapalooza
Apr 29 2014, 01:22 PM
hmm, so maybe this is a bargaining tactic on TVGN's side? Get the fans outraged so NATAS gives in?

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

blueskies
Apr 29 2014, 02:18 PM
Mitchapalooza
Apr 29 2014, 01:22 PM
hmm, so maybe this is a bargaining tactic on TVGN's side? Get the fans outraged so NATAS gives in?
Either that or it might just kill the talks between them completely.

I hope OWN ends up airing them...very surprised to hear ABC is in talks.

Miss Rhi
Member Avatar
"If Sami can't find happiness with a Martian, then she can't find happiness with anyone."

People with Uverse and other cable/etc options don't get TVGN anyway and if they were going to be broadcast on a cable network like that again I'd hope they'd do online streaming too.

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

I don't get TVGN where I am...so that would suck.

Yoryla
Member Avatar

If they can stream it then that would be fine.

As long as there's an outlet of some sort.
Edited by Yoryla, Apr 30 2014, 03:01 PM.

thepadange

EXCLUSIVE DETAILS: If No TV Deal, Daytime Emmys Will Be Streamed Online - Soap Opera Network http://www.soapoperanetwork.com/2014/05/exclusive-if-no-tv-deal-daytime-emmys-will-be-streamed-online#ixzz30SncHDkU

Yoryla
Member Avatar

Ah, great news :)

Oak Alley
Member Avatar
I'll always love you. Always

Yoryla
May 1 2014, 07:49 AM
Ah, great news :)
yes!

:D

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · General Daytime News · Next Topic »
Add Reply