Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Spoilers for the week of May 5th; *updated 4/26*
Topic Started: Apr 23 2014, 12:34 PM (34,425 Views)
WilSonJAb33
Member Avatar

daysjahvu
Apr 29 2014, 09:42 AM
camera shy
Apr 29 2014, 04:24 AM
Partnersincrime
Apr 29 2014, 02:40 AM
WilSonJAb33
Apr 28 2014, 11:13 PM

Quoting limited to 4 levels deep
It in April JS contract end
Yeah I thought his contract ended April 17th? But we know he was still working after that date.
Jason has May 2014 listed on his site for James' contract ending date.
See I thought I read May somewhere especially since JS (EJ) contract status hasn't been announced one way or they other.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

camera shy

daysjahvu
camera shy
Partnersincrime
WilSonJAb33
Apr 28 2014, 11:13 PM

It in April JS contract end
Yeah I thought his contract ended April 17th? But we know he was still working after that date.
Okay.

Yoryla
Member Avatar

stormymac
Apr 29 2014, 06:47 AM
I find it odd that everybody is saying that, if Gabi kills Nick, they can't buy her turning on him all of a sudden. This makes no sense to me because for weeks, many people have been speculating (and hoping) that everything Gabi has been doing in regards to Nick is a ruse. People having been considering the possibility that Gabi isn't a dumb as a box rocks but has, instead, been playing Nick. This whole thing could just be a set up that Gabi has been planning since Nick showed up at Ari's christening. We know she's capable of it since she planned the fake stalker scenario, she's just not including anybody else in it after Andrew threw a wrench in her scheme by going off the reservation. I think it would be a great twist if Gabi was playing ALL of the great schemers -- Sami, Kate, EJ, AND Nick.
Well, yeah, but I mean, how likely is it that this would be this case. I mean, let's face it, Gabi *is* as dumb as a box of rocks, and her part in thinking that a fake stalker would somehow work in her getting close to Chad pretty much clinched that for me, lol. I mean, the point is, if the show tried to suddenly portray her as planning this all along and that her getting close to Nick had been ruse, that is something that as a scenario, I wouldn't buy.

Will&Sonny

stormymac
Apr 29 2014, 06:47 AM
I find it odd that everybody is saying that, if Gabi kills Nick, they can't buy her turning on him all of a sudden. This makes no sense to me because for weeks, many people have been speculating (and hoping) that everything Gabi has been doing in regards to Nick is a ruse. People having been considering the possibility that Gabi isn't a dumb as a box rocks but has, instead, been playing Nick. This whole thing could just be a set up that Gabi has been planning since Nick showed up at Ari's christening. We know she's capable of it since she planned the fake stalker scenario, she's just not including anybody else in it after Andrew threw a wrench in her scheme by going off the reservation. I think it would be a great twist if Gabi was playing ALL of the great schemers -- Sami, Kate, EJ, AND Nick.
Speaking only for myself, I'm not discounting that it is possible that the story could play out that way. I'm not buying it at the moment, simply because I don't think that she could have gone as far as sleeping with him (which she had every intention of doing until Sami interrupted them) if that were the case, but it's certainly a possibility. All I'm saying is that, even if that is how it plays out, that still qualifies, in my mind, as "a lot has to happen between now and May 9th in order for Gabi to turn on Nick" (which is basically what I've previously said on the subject in either this thread or the May sweeps thread). That revelation would be "a lot", and yes, it would mean that she hadn't actually "turned on" Nick but had, in fact, never been on his side to begin with, but that's just semantics.

Obviously, a lot will depend on how the shooting plays out -- if the audience is given no real reason for Gabi to be the shooter before May 9th, then the writers are probably planning to drag it out for a few weeks before revealing the "twist" that Gabi, the "least likely suspect", actually killed Nick, and we'll then be treated to flashbacks that reveal that she was playing him all along. If she had been planning to kill Nick all along, though, that would make her a really selfish mother, so I'm not sure how that could somehow "redeem" her, as some have suggested. It might prove that she's not gullible, but it would simultaneously prove that she's a selfish -- and, yes, even "unfit" -- mother, and that's worse than being gullible. Having her snap and kill Nick in the heat of the moment after learning that he hasn't changed makes her more sympathetic -- at least in that case, no one could argue that she deliberately did something that would cause Arianna to grow up without a mother.

In other words, for those who think that Gabi has already been trashed as a character, things could still get much worse before this story arc ends, depending on how it plays out.

NocturnalBlondie
Member Avatar
Make EJ/Abby happen, DAYS!

WilSonJAb33
Apr 29 2014, 09:46 AM
daysjahvu
camera shy
Partnersincrime

See I thought I read May somewhere especially since JS (EJ) contract status hasn't been announced one way or they other.
No, it's definitely April. And we don't even know if it was April of this year... it could actually be April of next year.

WilSonJAb33
Member Avatar

NocturnalBlondie
Apr 29 2014, 10:02 PM
WilSonJAb33
Apr 29 2014, 09:46 AM
daysjahvu
camera shy

No, it's definitely April. And we don't even know if it was April of this year... it could actually be April of next year.
I don't know where you got April but here is what Jason47 has on his own site
James Scott (E.J.): May 2014
http://www.jason47.com/days/contractstatus.html

PALMommy
Member Avatar

S loves EJ
Apr 29 2014, 07:14 AM
For Gabi to shoot Nick something has to happen I would think the writers is more
creative than to have him try to rape her again maybe she realizes that he hasn't
change and then he tries to kidnapp Ari.
What if someone else shoots and kills Nick, and let's say the shooter is able to completely frame Gabi and threatens to expose ALL HER crimes unless she drops the custody suit and leaves Salem w/o Ari FOR GOOD!?!? Just food for thought . .. :shrug:
Edited by PALMommy, Apr 30 2014, 12:06 AM.

WilSonJAb33
Member Avatar

PALMommy
Apr 30 2014, 12:02 AM
S loves EJ
For Gabi to shoot Nick something has to happen I would think the writers is more
creative than to have him try to rape her again maybe she realizes that he hasn't
What if someone else shoots and kills Nick, and let's say the shooter is able to completely frame Gabi and threatens to expose ALL HER crimes unless she drops the custody suit and leaves Salem w/o Ari FOR GOOD!?!? Just food for thought . .. :shrug:
That would have to be Sami or EJ's doing not Will or Sonny would be cruel (Gabi might be a bit of a push over but Will does know that Gabi loves their daughter) but given AS's October exit (Sami's) I could see her doing it... Sami after all has pulled the trigger on a gun multiple times. Oh it defiantly something EJ might pull the stunt as well... EJ wants Nick off his & every ones case. Victor's the only other possible if a hitman is used or possible Stefano if Percy in fact does work for him them percy could be who pulled it on Stefano's behave but EJ or Sami would be most likely with your theory.
Spoilers at a couple of sites do say that Sami has second thoughts about a decision she and EJ make (sounds like it might be a Nick related thing, rather then wedding related).
Edited by WilSonJAb33, Apr 30 2014, 12:50 AM.

Jason47
Member Avatar

WilSonJAb33
Apr 29 2014, 11:46 PM
It ends like the last week of April, so I "rounded up" to May. We talked about this a few months back. I forget the exact date, but James mentioned it on a YouTube video, April 25 it might be. But of course the year that the contract ends is open for debate.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

concerned
Member Avatar

Jason47
Apr 30 2014, 01:08 AM
WilSonJAb33
It ends like the last week of April, so I "rounded up" to May. We talked about this a few months back. I forget the exact date, but James mentioned it on a YouTube video, April 25 it might be. But of course the year that the contract ends is open for debate.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=398IAW7SyhE

WilSonJAb33
Member Avatar

Jason47
WilSonJAb33
that always seems to be the case especially if some actors quietly extend the contract a few months that fall at the end of a year. And then there the actors and actress that don't renew like AS or CB but sometime stick to finish out a storyline with out renew but giving the show extra time isn't that what CB did I believe.. clearly even JS (EJ) didn't seem to know when the contract ended because its now 2014 and he is still under contract but he said 2013.
Edited by WilSonJAb33, Apr 30 2014, 01:14 AM.

S loves EJ

WilSonJAb33
Apr 30 2014, 12:42 AM
PALMommy
Apr 30 2014, 12:02 AM
S loves EJ
That would have to be Sami or EJ's doing not Will or Sonny would be cruel (Gabi might be a bit of a push over but Will does know that Gabi loves their daughter) but given AS's October exit (Sami's) I could see her doing it... Sami after all has pulled the trigger on a gun multiple times. Oh it defiantly something EJ might pull the stunt as well... EJ wants Nick off his & every ones case. Victor's the only other possible if a hitman is used or possible Stefano if Percy in fact does work for him them percy could be who pulled it on Stefano's behave but EJ or Sami would be most likely with your theory.
Spoilers at a couple of sites do say that Sami has second thoughts about a decision she and EJ make (sounds like it might be a Nick related thing, rather then wedding related).
Someone posted that Gabi does a bad thing maybe it says so in a article. As
for Sami she only shoots in self defense so I don't her framing Gabi. EJ
could do it but the show seems to want to pair him with woman rather than
Write him as a villain.

S loves EJ

WilSonJAb33
Apr 30 2014, 01:12 AM
Jason47
WilSonJAb33
that always seems to be the case especially if some actors quietly extend the contract a few months that fall at the end of a year. And then there the actors and actress that don't renew like AS or CB but sometime stick to finish out a storyline with out renew but giving the show extra time isn't that what CB did I believe.. clearly even JS (EJ) didn't seem to know when the contract ended because its now 2014 and he is still under contract but he said 2013.
I think JS contract ended 2013 but then he resigned for 1-2 years.

Jason47
Member Avatar

WilSonJAb33
clearly even JS (EJ) didn't seem to know when the contract ended because its now 2014 and he is still under contract but he said 2013.
That video is old (from 2011). He had renewed his contract through April 25, 2013. What is unknown is how long he renewed for when that contract ended. If he renewed for one year, then his contract was up this past week (April 25, 2014). If he renewed for two years, then it's not up until April 25, 2015.
Edited by Jason47, Apr 30 2014, 01:58 AM.

S loves EJ

I find it strange why they keep how long the contract is a secret his fans should
have the right to know for how long he stays but I guess we will know soon
whether or not he is staying hope he stays. :wub2:

camera shy

WilSonJAb33
Jason47
WilSonJAb33
AS's contract is up in either Nov or Dec, but she'll stop filming somtime in May, so she'll be leaving early.
Edited by camera shy, Apr 30 2014, 08:08 AM.

Jason47
Member Avatar

S loves EJ
Apr 30 2014, 03:02 AM
I find it strange why they keep how long the contract is a secret his fans should
have the right to know for how long he stays
It's a personnel matter between an employee and a private company, so it's not really strange that it's kept "secret." I just list the contract end dates on my site as a general guide with my best guess as to when they might end, but unless it's announced by Corday Productions or the actor themselves, then it's purely a guess as to the length of a contract (other than when a newbie signs, which is always four years to start off with).

Will&Sonny

After Wednesday's episode, I could see Percy turning on Nick (realizing that Nick hasn't really changed) and telling Gabi everything. That would certainly qualify as enough for Gabi to turn on Nick -- she'd likely believe it coming from someone who was supposed to be Nick's friend.

And that would play into what the writers made a point of having E.J. say on more than one occasion -- that Nick has a habit of getting too cocky and overplaying his hand eventually, which is what ultimately leads to his downfall.

WillFan
Member Avatar

Directv Channel Guide Spoilers

Mon 5/5
Following a confrontation with Nick, E.J. decides to take action; Nick's revelation stuns Abigail; Jordan and Kate get into a huge catfight; Hope uncovers Aiden and Ciara's plot.

Tue 5/6
Sami starts to second guess her and E.J.'s decision; Eric has a surprise for Nicole; Paige finds the cause of J.J.'s behavior; Jordan announces she is leaving town.

Wed 5/7
E.J. tells Abigail he won't let Nick expose their affair; Sonny takes steps to protect his loved ones; Nick antagonizes Will; Daniel makes a discovery.

Thu 5/8
Daniel comes to a conclusion; Eric and Nicole tell Jennifer their news; Will finds what Sonny is hiding; Rafe talks with Jordan about her secret plans.

Fri 5/9
Someone is shot; Will realizes Nick has something on Abigail; Lucas (Bryan Dattilo) and Kate are furious to learn of Nick's plan; Sami and E.J. wonder whether they've made the right decision.

WilSonJAb33
Member Avatar

WillFan
May 2 2014, 10:04 PM
Directv Channel Guide Spoilers

Fri 5/9
Someone is shot; Will realizes Nick has something on Abigail; Lucas (Bryan Dattilo) and Kate are furious to learn of Nick's plan; Sami and E.J. wonder whether they've made the right decision.
The Friday Spoiler relating to Sami & EJ this is the one I wonder if it has any direct link to Nick shooting. I could see Sami seconding guessing this but EJ following though not knowing about Sami's second thoughts... and it sounds like EJ puts it all into motions before any second thoughts they have regarding it. The decision is sure to relate to Nick...

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Create your own social network with a free forum.
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply