Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Locked Topic
Social Media Posts, Week of April 28; *NEW FIRST POST - PLEASE READ*
Topic Started: Apr 27 2014, 11:58 PM (24,656 Views)
DJsMommy
Member Avatar
❤Nikki

blueskies
May 4 2014, 10:32 AM
i'm hoping "special" means "dramatic".
When AS leaving was announced, I remember some people were hoping/speculating she would die in Lucas' arms. Maybe EJ dies in Sami's arms? That still wouldn't be the right ending for the son of Stefano but it would be better than a Dimera getting a HEA with rainbows & shooting stars, IMO.
Online Profile Goto Top

Yoryla
Member Avatar

lysie
May 2 2014, 07:25 PM
As far as I can tell, nothing is happening with TBL right now. Her 2nd novel comes out early June. So she may very well be there to say something about her final day (and maybe even announce she's already done?) or to announce what she's doing next.
Perhaps she is already announcing what her new project after Days will be. Like, say, her own show doing... something.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Yoryla
Member Avatar

BeeBee
May 2 2014, 08:51 PM
Rosebud
May 2 2014, 08:44 PM
Jason47
May 2 2014, 07:21 PM
BeeBee
May 2 2014, 07:17 PM
Have you seen the segment or synopsis of the segment? I don't watch Ellen,TBL or anything related AS other than Days so I'm wondering if I should bother watching.If there is nothing about Days I won't bother to watch.
Ellen's site says this:

Then, ALISON SWEENEY returns! Last time she was here, Alison announced she was moving on from the daytime world to pursue other passions, and she's back with news of her latest projects. The actress, "Biggest Loser" host and first-time author is always up for an adventure, and she's got stories to tell -- real and imagined -- when she joins Ellen again!

Ellen tapes a day ahead, so they will probably tape this episode on Monday afternoon.
Her newest projects? So much for spending more time with family.
LOL!! I had forgotten about spending more time with the family.Now I am definitely watching.I want to see if she mentions said family while listing her newest projects.
Lol, they always say that, and with some people it might be true and with some people they just don't know what to do and may end up spending time with their family and other things might not work out. I don't think there's anything wrong with it either, that might have very well been one of her reasons and who knows what would happen once she has left, she could have very well ended up spending more time with her family if other things didn't pan out. Plus, I mean, she's not exactly the type of person who would stay to rest on her laurels, is she, I never realistically thought she wouldn't do new projects. I think she had a clear or not so clear plan on what she wanted to do after Days.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Yoryla
Member Avatar

jam6242
May 2 2014, 09:11 PM
I wouldn't be at all surprised to see Ali back next year in time for the 50th Anniversary.
I don't see any situation where she wouldn't be back for that. But that's a special occasion, I think everyone is going to be back.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Yoryla
Member Avatar

DocandJohn4ever
May 4 2014, 01:51 AM
daysmemories
May 4 2014, 01:13 AM
greeneyedgirl
May 3 2014, 10:34 PM
Supergirlx2
May 3 2014, 09:00 PM

Quoting limited to 4 levels deep
I don't see Ej marrying anyone else. He made it seem in chat, that Ejami get married and Sami forgives the cheating.
How lame... :yawnz:
If Sami forgives EJ for cheating on her I will have lost every once of respect I have left for her :shame:
I don't get this at all. Why do some automatically assume that her marrying him means she's forgiven him? Lol, people do marry for other reasons than love. Not only do I not see her forgiving him at all, to me, them getting married is even more proof that she hasn't forgiven him but is planning to take him for all he's worth.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Yoryla
Member Avatar

Jason47
May 4 2014, 02:30 AM
thepadange
May 4 2014, 01:45 AM
For those who haven't seen the pic ;) :

Jane Kunitz ■@JaneKunitz 12h
Thanks @IamJamesScott you rock! pic.twitter.com/LgsdZvW3NL
https://twitter.com/JaneKunitz/status/462660057969074176
Posted Image

They say a picture is worth a thousand words. Is a cropped picture only worth 900 words?? :)
That's in front of the DiMera mansion.
Offline Profile Goto Top

waterlilly
Member Avatar

Yoryla
May 4 2014, 03:40 PM
Jason47
May 4 2014, 02:30 AM
thepadange
May 4 2014, 01:45 AM
For those who haven't seen the pic ;) :

Jane Kunitz ■@JaneKunitz 12h
Thanks @IamJamesScott you rock! pic.twitter.com/LgsdZvW3NL
https://twitter.com/JaneKunitz/status/462660057969074176
Posted Image

They say a picture is worth a thousand words. Is a cropped picture only worth 900 words?? :)
That's in front of the DiMera mansion.
In the fall if you go by the leaves.
Offline Profile Goto Top

BeeBee
Member Avatar

Kaha
May 3 2014, 09:58 AM
BeeBee
May 2 2014, 11:06 PM
Restless84
May 2 2014, 10:28 PM
LuvingLumi
May 2 2014, 08:58 PM

Yeah, I'm thinking today was her final day. Not that it would make me happy, but it makes sense.
It really makes AS look needy and egocentric.First she goes on Ellen to announce she is leaving.James keeps quiet about leaving even though they likely both told the show around the same time they were not renewing.James has his interview with MF then SOD announces today he is leaving.While the dust is still swirling from his announcement,AS is back on Ellen to talk about her newest projects which apparently don't cause her to miss time with her family so that attention returns to her.I think she is going to miss Days more than she thinks.TBL probably only has one or two seasons left.I don't think she is talented enough to carry a talk show for long.Its not as easy as it looks.I mean what happened to that reality thing she had going.Did it last more than a month? I also did not hear any high praise after her made for Hallmark movie.I never saw either and I imagine a lot of other viewers gave it a miss.Sometimes soap performers don't realize some people only watch them on other projects because they like their character on the soap.
Guests on shows are booked in advance. I highly doubt that The Ellen Show booked AS just yesterday. So it's highly unlikely this guest spot is about AS trying to upstage JS's announcement. Or that it would prevent her from taking care of her children. I am not that show business savvy but I am pretty sure she's not the only actor/famous person who goes on talk shows to promote a product.

You may be correct about the booking of guests,I don't know because I hate talk shows and rarely watch them but AS and JS likely knew months ago their last tape date so it is possible that she booked months ago.Both are NBC shows so I don't think there would have to be much arm twisting to get Ellen to squeeze in ten minutes or so for AS.In addition since AS is still appearing on Days and her many fans would likely tune in to Ellen which would also factor into booking her on short notice.I have seen any number of people hit the news cycle one day then appear on high profile shows like the Tonight Show,Letterman,Conan O'Brien,etc. in the same week.if not the next day or two.
I said nothing about her inability to take care of her children.I was just wondering how many new projects she can have since her last appearance since she said she was spending more time with her children/famiy.She is not the only person who goes on a talk show to promote projects and I have no problem with her or anyone else promoting projects 24/7,I just commented on her going back on the show so soon to promote projects when the last time she was on the show she said she was leaving the show to spend more time with her children/family.
Edited by BeeBee, May 4 2014, 04:46 PM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

BeeBee
Member Avatar

Rosebud
May 3 2014, 02:04 PM
Reese
May 2 2014, 09:01 PM
BeeBee
Rosebud

LOL!! I had forgotten about spending more time with the family.Now I am definitely watching.I want to see if she mentions said family while listing her newest projects.
Did anybody really believe that? :rolleyes: lol
No. Not for a second.
I was in the giving her the benefit of the doubt camp.I could understand a parent choosing to spend more time with their minor children during the formative years over a career in the absence of pressing financial need.At this point it appears I was too gullible but I will continue to give her the benefit unless something different is indicated during the Ellen interview.A limited book signing tour would not be out of line although I would rather get coffee and burger with my discretionary income or try blackjack.
Offline Profile Goto Top

freedom

throughthehourglass
May 4 2014, 10:30 AM
JS thought the Ejami fakeout episode was "special" too, didn't he? I'm scared.
EJ better NOT get to raise Lucas's daughter. That's some epic bullcrap right there.

Anyway, forget Sami. Let EJ have her raggedy ass.

But as a father, parent and all around human being? Lucas >>>>> EJ now and forever.
Offline Profile Goto Top

lysie
Member Avatar

Ellen isn't an NBC show. It's syndicated.
Offline Profile Goto Top

BeeBee
Member Avatar

lysie
May 4 2014, 05:09 PM
Thanks.I didn't know that,I just assumed since both were on NBC there would be some cross promotion.As I stated I don't watch talk shows so I don't know which are network,if any.I still think AS knew the approximate time of her last taping months ago along with the approximate last date JS would be taping, and the Ellen show would book her for a segment because of her following in Days and/or TBL.If JS had signed a new contract or his last tape date had not been announced,I for one would not be watching Ellen Tuesday.As it is I hope I remember to watch it.
Edited by BeeBee, May 4 2014, 05:26 PM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

lysie
Member Avatar

BeeBee
May 4 2014, 05:25 PM
lysie
May 4 2014, 05:09 PM
I didn't know that,I just assumed since both were on NBC there would be some cross promotion.As I stated I don't watch talk shows so I don't know which are network,if any.I still think AS knew the approximate time of her last taping months ago along with the approximate last date JS would be taping, and the Ellen show would book her for a segment because of her following in Days and/or TBL.If JS had signed a new contract or his last tape date had not been announced,I for one would not be watching Ellen Tuesday.As it is I hope I remember to watch it.
It's not on NBC in all markets.

Offline Profile Goto Top

Rosebud
Member Avatar

S loves EJ
May 4 2014, 03:51 AM
daysmemories
greeneyedgirl
Supergirlx2
May 3 2014, 09:00 PM

I don't see Ej marrying anyone else. He made it seem in chat, that Ejami get married and Sami forgives the cheating.

Maybe if EJ kills Nick Sami will see that as proof that he loves her, and it would proove that she accepts his bad side.

In a way I don┤t want EJ to kill anyone but I don┤t want EJ to be a weak villain either who never make good on his threats it kind of a dilemma.
What's the difference really between killing someone and almost killing someone? I don't see much difference.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Rosebud
Member Avatar

Jezebel
May 4 2014, 09:28 AM
Miss Blogger ■@MissLove2Blog
@IamJamesScott i hope EJ and Sami receive a happy ending

Scott ■@IamJamesScott
@MissLove2Blog it's going to be something really special ;-)
I hope he's being facetious, otherwise... :puke:
Offline Profile Goto Top

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
♥ Lumi is Light, Lumi is Love ♥

Yoryla
May 4 2014, 03:13 PM
lysie
May 2 2014, 07:25 PM
As far as I can tell, nothing is happening with TBL right now. Her 2nd novel comes out early June. So she may very well be there to say something about her final day (and maybe even announce she's already done?) or to announce what she's doing next.
Perhaps she is already announcing what her new project after Days will be. Like, say, her own show doing... something.
Could you imagine if she says she decided not to leave after all, lol
Offline Profile Goto Top

Rosebud
Member Avatar

Yoryla
May 4 2014, 03:26 PM
BeeBee
Rosebud
Jason47
May 2 2014, 07:21 PM

Her newest projects? So much for spending more time with family.
Lol, they always say that, and with some people it might be true and with some people they just don't know what to do and may end up spending time with their family and other things might not work out. I don't think there's anything wrong with it either, that might have very well been one of her reasons and who knows what would happen once she has left, she could have very well ended up spending more time with her family if other things didn't pan out. Plus, I mean, she's not exactly the type of person who would stay to rest on her laurels, is she, I never realistically thought she wouldn't do new projects. I think she had a clear or not so clear plan on what she wanted to do after Days.
I seem to remember her going into detail in an interview about missing out on a lot with her family and needing to leave Days to rectify that. I suppose she can still do new projects and still have more time with family simply by cutting out the massive amount of time she put in at Days.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Rosebud
Member Avatar

Yoryla
May 4 2014, 03:39 PM
DocandJohn4ever
May 4 2014, 01:51 AM
daysmemories
greeneyedgirl

If Sami forgives EJ for cheating on her I will have lost every once of respect I have left for her :shame:
I don't get this at all. Why do some automatically assume that her marrying him means she's forgiven him? Lol, people do marry for other reasons than love. Not only do I not see her forgiving him at all, to me, them getting married is even more proof that she hasn't forgiven him but is planning to take him for all he's worth.
Maybe they get married and she finds out after that. He would still be wearing his wedding ring.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Rosebud
Member Avatar

BeeBee
May 4 2014, 04:23 PM
Kaha
BeeBee
Restless84
May 2 2014, 10:28 PM

It really makes AS look needy and egocentric.First she goes on Ellen to announce she is leaving.James keeps quiet about leaving even though they likely both told the show around the same time they were not renewing.James has his interview with MF then SOD announces today he is leaving.While the dust is still swirling from his announcement,AS is back on Ellen to talk about her newest projects which apparently don't cause her to miss time with her family so that attention returns to her.I think she is going to miss Days more than she thinks.TBL probably only has one or two seasons left.I don't think she is talented enough to carry a talk show for long.Its not as easy as it looks.I mean what happened to that reality thing she had going.Did it last more than a month? I also did not hear any high praise after her made for Hallmark movie.I never saw either and I imagine a lot of other viewers gave it a miss.Sometimes soap performers don't realize some people only watch them on other projects because they like their character on the soap.
Guests on shows are booked in advance. I highly doubt that The Ellen Show booked AS just yesterday. So it's highly unlikely this guest spot is about AS trying to upstage JS's announcement. Or that it would prevent her from taking care of her children. I am not that show business savvy but I am pretty sure she's not the only actor/famous person who goes on talk shows to promote a product.

You may be correct about the booking of guests,I don't know because I hate talk shows and rarely watch them but AS and JS likely knew months ago their last tape date so it is possible that she booked months ago.Both are NBC shows so I don't think there would have to be much arm twisting to get Ellen to squeeze in ten minutes or so for AS.In addition since AS is still appearing on Days and her many fans would likely tune in to Ellen which would also factor into booking her on short notice.I have seen any number of people hit the news cycle one day then appear on high profile shows like the Tonight Show,Letterman,Conan O'Brien,etc. in the same week.if not the next day or two.
I said nothing about her inability to take care of her children.I was just wondering how many new projects she can have since her last appearance since she said she was spending more time with her children/famiy.She is not the only person who goes on a talk show to promote projects and I have no problem with her or anyone else promoting projects 24/7,I just commented on her going back on the show so soon to promote projects when the last time she was on the show she said she was leaving the show to spend more time with her children/family.
Ellen isn't an NBC show. It airs on CBS in my area. It is probably independently produced.
Offline Profile Goto Top

BeeBee
Member Avatar

Rosebud
May 4 2014, 05:43 PM
BeeBee
May 4 2014, 04:23 PM
Kaha
BeeBee

Ellen isn't an NBC show. It airs on CBS in my area. It is probably independently produced.
Thanks for letting me know,Ellen and the Tonight Show are NBC in my area so I just wrongly assumed both were NBC talk shows.In response to your other post,I just wanted to ask if you think Days would not have cut back on her storyline rather than lose her if Days was the main factor in her ability to spend more time with her family?
Offline Profile Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Locked Topic