Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Locked Topic
Selected Daytime Emmy Nominations To Be Announced on ‘Good Morning America’
Topic Started: Apr 29 2014, 11:54 AM (580 Views)
thepadange

http://www.soapoperanetwork.com/2014/04/selected-daytime-emmy-nominations-to-be-announced-on-good-morning-america
Online Profile Goto Top

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

Thursday is the day. All I know is ED better be getting an early morning phone call with good news.
Offline Profile Goto Top

SunAngel
Member Avatar

Ari Zucker and Eileen or we riot.

That is all :wub:
Offline Profile Goto Top

DiMeraFan67
Member Avatar

I feel like Eileen is a given, but I know that they have screwed up plenty of times before. Aside from her I'm really interested in seeing who gets nominated from Days in the Supporting Actor category. They are really strong there. I hope there are 5 nominees per category instead of 4. 4 would be fine for the youngers and the show categories though.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Yoryla
Member Avatar

Gold Derby @goldderby 1 h

@nbcdays will clean up at the @DaytimeEmmys according to our predictions >> http://bit.ly/1iB1Fr7 #DAYS #DOOL

Posted Image
Offline Profile Goto Top

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

I have agreed with almost all of what Goldderby has predicted this year OUTSIDE of their total lack of support for Blake Berris.

IMO Berris is more deserving than Vaughn as far as nominations are concerned and I hope he is not forgotten!
Edited by Mitchapalooza, Apr 30 2014, 04:39 PM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

Of the 6 top Goldderby experts, 3 have placed DAYS as #1, 2 gave #1 to GH and 1 gave #1 to Y&R. DAYS got 1 4th, 1 3rd and 1 2nd place finish as well.

http://www.goldderby.com/awardshows/editors/daytime-emmy-nominations-2014-nominations/drama-series.html

Eileen Davidson was seeded #1 by 5 of the 6 experts, and given #2 by 1 of them.

http://www.goldderby.com/awardshows/editors/daytime-emmy-nominations-2014-nominations/actress.html

Chandler Massey was seeded #1 by 4 of the 6 expers and five #2 by 2 of them.

http://www.goldderby.com/awardshows/editors/daytime-emmy-nominations-2014-nominations/younger-actor.html

DAYS is seeded #1 by 5 of 6 experts for Best Writing Team, and given #2 by 1 of them.

http://www.goldderby.com/awardshows/editors/daytime-emmy-nominations-2014-nominations/writing-team.html
Edited by Mitchapalooza, Apr 30 2014, 04:42 PM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

DiMeraFan67
Member Avatar

Chandler Massey does NOT deserve to three peat, but its starting to feel inevitable. He's probably 3rd on his own show behind Casey Moss and Freddie Smith.
Offline Profile Goto Top

DiMeraFan67
Member Avatar

Final Predictions. This is not what I want to happen in all cases, but what I think will. Also I'm predicting 5, but if they do 4 per category then the first 4 are my guesses. Top 4 in no particular order.

Younger Actor
1. Bryan Craig, GH
2. Casey Moss, DAYS
3. Chandler Massey, DAYS
4. Max Ehrich, Y&R
5. Freddie Smith, DAYS
***Biggest WTF Candidate : Adam Gregory, B&B

Younger Actress
1. Kristen Alderson, GH
2. Christel Khalil, Y&R
3. Hunter King, Y&R
4. Kelley Missal, OLTL
5. Kim Matula, B&B
***Biggest WTF Candidate : Ashlyn Pearce, B&B

Supporting Actor
1. Bradford Anderson, GH
2. Greg Rikaart, Y&R
3. Scott Clifton, B&B
4. Greg Vaughan, DAYS
5. Blake Berris, DAYS
***Biggest WTF Candidate : Robert Adamson, Y&R

Supporting Actress
1. Jane Elliot, GH
2. Elizabeth Hendrickson, Y&R
3. Melissa Claire Egan, Y&R
4. Nancy Lee Grahn, GH
5. Tracey E. Bregman, Y&R
***Biggest WTF Candidate : Kelly Sullivan, GH?

Lead Actor
1. Billy Miller, Y&R
2. Jason Thompson, GH
3. Doug Davidson, Y&R
4. Peter Bergman, Y&R
5. Maurice Benard, GH
***Biggest WTF Candidate : Shawn Christian, DAYS.

Lead Actress
1. Eileen Davidson, DAYS
2. Finola Hughes, GH
3. Maura West, GH
4. Heather Tom, B&B
5. Alison Sweeney, DAYS
***Biggest WTF Candidate : There isn't really one here. I would say Sweeney, but I think she gets it. Maybe Jessica Collins.

So I have Y&R - 10, GH - 9, DAYS - 7, B&B - 3, OLTL - 1. I'm sure B&B will score more than 3 so someone WTF is getting in.
Offline Profile Goto Top

ShaneDOOLFan

I do think Gold Derby is reliable, but NO ONE saw DAYS winning Best Drama and Writing last year. Are they basing their prediction from the reels? I hope we find out soon what those are.
Offline Profile Goto Top

cryin4days

DAYS didn't win for Writing last year. I don't think they were even nominated in the writing category because I vaguely remember laughing about it after they won for Best Drama. How can you have the Best Daytime Drama and your writing team couldn't even score a nomination.
Edited by cryin4days, Apr 30 2014, 09:49 PM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Kenny
Member Avatar

Eileen has never won an Emmy for playing Ashley, has she? I don't think she's even been nominated since the cancer story 10+ years ago. Then she comes back to Days, has what was arguably the best year of her career (the other of which was 1997 during her first Days run which also earned her an Emmy nom), gets critical acclaim from pretty much everyone and is the odds-on favorite to win the Lead Actress Emmy, which I'm crossing my fingers will happen because I want to be able to say Kristen got Eileen something the role of Ashley never could: a Lead Actress Emmy.

Please make it happen soap gods!
Offline Profile Goto Top

lysie
Member Avatar

cryin4days
Apr 30 2014, 09:47 PM
DAYS didn't win for Writing last year. I don't think they were even nominated in the writing category because I vaguely remember laughing about it after they won for Best Drama. How can you have the Best Daytime Drama and your writing team couldn't even score a nomination.
They were nominated, but B&B won.
Offline Profile Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · General Daytime News · Next Topic »
Locked Topic