Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Spoilers for the week of May 12th; *updated 5/4*
Topic Started: Apr 29 2014, 11:13 PM (28,896 Views)
am103
Member Avatar

astropastel
May 5 2014, 04:37 PM
Is it wrong of me to hope that Eric gets all moody and jealous and demands Nicole stay away from Dr. Do it All.
That is something I would LOVE to see. Unfortunately, because AZ and SC are a real-life couple, I think we're going to have lots of Daniel/Nicole in our future. To be frank, I don't mind them as friends, but when the show hints at romance between them, I still get that icky feeling I used to get during their pregnant hotel romps. IMO, the random pairing of Nicole and Daniel during her pregnancy was the biggest fail MarDar produced.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

concerned
Member Avatar

am103
May 6 2014, 12:15 AM
astropastel
May 5 2014, 04:37 PM
Is it wrong of me to hope that Eric gets all moody and jealous and demands Nicole stay away from Dr. Do it All.
That is something I would LOVE to see. Unfortunately, because AZ and SC are a real-life couple, I think we're going to have lots of Daniel/Nicole in our future. To be frank, I don't mind them as friends, but when the show hints at romance between them, I still get that icky feeling I used to get during their pregnant hotel romps. IMO, the random pairing of Nicole and Daniel during her pregnancy was the biggest fail MarDar produced.
Damm EJ's super sperm.

If he hadn't of given her a second miracle baby she never would have fainted and Dan would never have been interested in Nicole and we would have been Nic and Dan free.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Es22rnwXaiA

Will&Sonny

Deverauxfan
May 5 2014, 05:02 PM
Yoryla
May 5 2014, 03:04 PM
Ugh. I'm *really* gonna need for Daniel and Nicole to be out of each other's orbits and quick.
Me too. Nicole is one of my favorite characters, but now I dread seeing her in episodes because I know that Dan is not far behind. I despise the so-called Dicole friendship. Nicole has enough money to live on her own; she doesn't need to stay with Dan. After these scenes, I hope she finds her own place.
Unless I've missed a spoiler indicating that Nicole is going to temporarily move back in with Daniel, she hasn't lived in his apartment since right after he and Jennifer reunited. She lives at the Salem Inn now.

astropastel
Member Avatar

Is Days getting cancelled? You would think so with this I don't give a f@#k writing and pairings, and please don't get me wrong I'm sure Shawn Christian is a super nice guy but do we have to see so t of him.

Deverauxfan
Member Avatar

Will&Sonny
May 6 2014, 02:07 AM
Deverauxfan
May 5 2014, 05:02 PM
Yoryla
May 5 2014, 03:04 PM
Ugh. I'm *really* gonna need for Daniel and Nicole to be out of each other's orbits and quick.
Me too. Nicole is one of my favorite characters, but now I dread seeing her in episodes because I know that Dan is not far behind. I despise the so-called Dicole friendship. Nicole has enough money to live on her own; she doesn't need to stay with Dan. After these scenes, I hope she finds her own place.
Unless I've missed a spoiler indicating that Nicole is going to temporarily move back in with Daniel, she hasn't lived in his apartment since right after he and Jennifer reunited. She lives at the Salem Inn now.
Oops! I totally forgot about that. :$ She's still always there, though. So maybe this will end her frequent visits to his apartment.
Edited by Deverauxfan, May 6 2014, 06:12 AM.

BeeBee
Member Avatar

jam6242
May 5 2014, 10:12 AM
"While EJ is busy blinking . . . ."

"Her mom spends a few minutes trying to console her but is soon distracted by something else."

Whoever wrote this knows EJ and Jennifer well! :blulaugh: It's a shame Jennifer can't act like a mother for once and spend more time with her daughter when she needs her.
I honestly wonder if the writers even like Jennifer.She mourns Jack for five seconds,she wants to turn JJ in to police because he has drugs in their house,and now she spends a few minutes consoling Abby who has just lost her cousin then drops her daughter like a hot rock to turn her laser focus back to Daniel.Jennifer gets worse and worse with each story.

Days Pretender
Member Avatar

Perhaps if Stephano was so successful in his own eyes in creating the likeness of Rafe, when he had that dopplegagger, . or what ever they called him, perhaps they tried it again and made themselves a NEW and Horrible Nick, and later on in time the real one will return, or then the fake one will return, or whomever it will require to spook us all out.... Man I hope not, Nick, as Blake Berris portrays him, is evil enough, and so not sure in my own mind.

OliveAnn

lysie
May 5 2014, 09:38 AM
Reese
May 5 2014, 03:00 AM
OliveAnn
May 4 2014, 09:09 AM
lysie
May 3 2014, 11:10 PM
Shawn Christian is 48 and Missy Reeves is 47. Has Days ever had a new pairing in that age range that was successful?
Days hasn't. In fact, looking at all soaps, the only couple I can think of are Lauren and Michael on Y&R. They were one of the most surprising couples to be put together, yet people loved them. Although, that mostly had to do with the fact that Jack Smith was a pure storytelling genius.
Adored them. When Lauren and Michael started their romance in I think 2004, Tracey E. Bregman was 40 and Christian LeBlanc was 45/46.
Were they front burner?
Yes, but not like Fetch. They had the same amount of airtime as other couples.

Michael and Lauren had only shared scenes once or twice before being put together, so they first had to be built up properly. That is why for a while the characters just went on dates and got to know each other before they became a couple. And the audience got to warm up to them in the process and came to love them. On paper, it seemed crazy to pair these two characters up, but someone was potential and they were right. For about 3-4 years, Michael and Lauren were quite possibly the show's most liked couple. Also, until last year they were never in a love triangle story. Whatever problems they had as a couple, it was just the two of them dealing with it. I, personally, appreciated that. It was a nice change to have one couple not have a third person in a relationship.

Lysie, if you have time, look up some clips of Michael and Lauren from 2004 and 2005. They are a really good example of how to write a new couple in their 40s. Fetch, on the other hand, are an example of how NOT to write them.

nananana7

On All My Children, how old were Ruth Brent and Joe Martin when they got together?

They were single parents when they met. Ruth's grown son Philip from her prior marriage was dating Joe's grown daughter Tara from his prior marriage.

I remember the romance of Ruth and Joe as being important, but I don't remember if it was "front burner" or not.

Ruth and Joe got married, and later on they adopted Tad. And then Joe and Ruth had their own child together Joey -- with Ruth as an older mother, but I don't remember how old Ruth was. (Joey was later nicknamed/renamed Jake when he was an adult).
Edited by nananana7, May 7 2014, 01:45 PM.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Yoryla
Member Avatar

OliveAnn
May 7 2014, 12:21 PM
lysie
May 5 2014, 09:38 AM
Reese
May 5 2014, 03:00 AM
OliveAnn
May 4 2014, 09:09 AM

Quoting limited to 4 levels deep
Adored them. When Lauren and Michael started their romance in I think 2004, Tracey E. Bregman was 40 and Christian LeBlanc was 45/46.
Were they front burner?
Yes, but not like Fetch. They had the same amount of airtime as other couples.

Michael and Lauren had only shared scenes once or twice before being put together, so they first had to be built up properly. That is why for a while the characters just went on dates and got to know each other before they became a couple. And the audience got to warm up to them in the process and came to love them. On paper, it seemed crazy to pair these two characters up, but someone was potential and they were right. For about 3-4 years, Michael and Lauren were quite possibly the show's most liked couple. Also, until last year they were never in a love triangle story. Whatever problems they had as a couple, it was just the two of them dealing with it. I, personally, appreciated that. It was a nice change to have one couple not have a third person in a relationship.

Lysie, if you have time, look up some clips of Michael and Lauren from 2004 and 2005. They are a really good example of how to write a new couple in their 40s. Fetch, on the other hand, are an example of how NOT to write them.
I have to agree with this. Lauren and Michael were not only really liked, they were one fo the greatest couples ever due to many reasons. Both had big roots in the show's history, Lauren had been with the show from 1982 and started out as the classic bad girl who later turned into a front burner heroine, and Michael was really a bad man when he started 20 years ago and was obsessed with Chris...it was funny too, because all the while, even though these characters has been in the close vicinity of each other through common denominators, they never really had had any scenes together, and I don't think anyone could have imagined they could ever be together, as a couple let alone succeed. I mean, and now, they have together for over 10 years and have been married for nine, they'll soon break Nick and Sharon's record of ten by this rate.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

WillFan
Member Avatar

Directv Channel Guide Spoilers

Mon 5/12
A dramatic murder makes suspects out of half the town; relationships are tested as accusations fly.

Tue 5/13
Marlena makes a discovery related to the murder; Theresa gets disappointing news; Jennifer offers Abigail comfort.

Wed 5/14
Daniel confronts Nicole; Jennifer expresses her discomfort with Daniel's new relationship; Hope brings Sonny in for questioning; Sami feels guilty about the decisions she and E.J. made.

Thu 5/15
Nicole tells Daniel everything; Hope shows E.J. an incriminating photo; Will makes a confession; Abigail and Ben kiss.

Fri 5/16
Daniel presses Nicole to come clean with Eric; Hope questions Abigail and Kate; Sami finds herself in a tense situation; Kate discovers her gun is missing.

Ophelia
Member Avatar

"Jennifer expresses her discomfort with Daniel's new relationship"

Umm... what? Is Jennifer having memory problems? How is the Dicole friendship new? I can understand wanting to block out that whole "bullying a high risk pregnant woman" thing, but you were accused of a crime during that fiasco, Jenny.

If we're not allowed to forget to Dan/Nicole, then she shouldn't be allowed to, either.

WilSonJAb33
Member Avatar

astropastel
May 6 2014, 05:34 AM
Is Days getting cancelled? You would think so with this I don't give a f@#k writing and pairings, and please don't get me wrong I'm sure Shawn Christian is a super nice guy but do we have to see so t of him.
Days was renewed through 2016

astropastel
Member Avatar

WilSonJAb33
May 10 2014, 02:21 PM
astropastel
May 6 2014, 05:34 AM
Days was renewed through 2016
I know they were renewed. I was just venting about the half ass writing.

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

Jennifer is the most insecure woman in the world!

concerned
Member Avatar

Mitchapalooza
May 12 2014, 12:37 PM
Jennifer is the most insecure woman in the world!
Maybe Jen and Nicole do have something in common after all. (apart from a show destroying love of Daniel).

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply