Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Michael Fairman interview with James Scott
Topic Started: Apr 30 2014, 06:34 PM (8,327 Views)
jam6242
Member Avatar

Yoryla
Apr 30 2014, 07:08 PM
Major lol @ the hallucination thing :laugh:
That's probably why he thinks his storyline is good. :blulaugh:
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Sparrow

I came away with two thoughts.

1. Damn, James is a hippie. I never knew.
2. I think they might be angling to have Kristen take over where Stefano leaves off soon. Doesn't sound like Joe is working much at all anymore, and it doesn't sound like he's in the best of health when he does. His remark about enjoying when ED comes around, and hoping that she agrees to come around more sounds like a new Phoenix rising.

Esq

Sariah
Apr 30 2014, 06:53 PM
I have to admit that I enjoyed his "Those people are just f***ing idiots… and you can quote me on that," in response to the fans who were being mean/vindictive towards KM. I mean, I have actors I can't stand either because I don't like their characters (Dan) or their characters are interloping with my favorite couple (Brady, Stephanie, Melanie, etc.) but I can't imagine sending nasty notes to the actors. I might consider sending notes to the stupid writers for being stupid, but really, why go after the actors who are not responsible for what their characters do?

And big spoiler alert on who was responsible for the picture! What a shock!!! (/end sarcasm)
It made me chuckle. :blulaugh: He is right they are really idiots.

IIttu
Member Avatar

Quote:

They had been apart for years and there is just that something that this couple has that is really telling for both of them. I think that makes for good television. To finally get to the place where it looked like they had overcome all obstacles and to have this story come along ... it felt like a little bit of a slap in the face. Especially, when you consider if you put that much time into something, it becomes a part of you whether you want it to, or not. You become very protective of your storyline, because you have put in so much work to getting it there.

Welcome to Drake's club, James!

Esq

IIttu
Apr 30 2014, 07:28 PM
Quote:

They had been apart for years and there is just that something that this couple has that is really telling for both of them. I think that makes for good television. To finally get to the place where it looked like they had overcome all obstacles and to have this story come along ... it felt like a little bit of a slap in the face. Especially, when you consider if you put that much time into something, it becomes a part of you whether you want it to, or not. You become very protective of your storyline, because you have put in so much work to getting it there.

Your Will and Alicia avi is giving me a serious case of the sads

freedom

I have a feeling ED will pop in once a year or so, for a few months, and then leave again. She doesn't seem to want any long-term commitment to the show. She'd rather spend most of her time with her family. Not that I blame her. But I don't see her making a commitment.

IIttu
Member Avatar

Esq
Apr 30 2014, 07:32 PM
IIttu
Quote:

My fan heart will never recover lol. ...snif.

blueskies
Member Avatar

So James likes to :joint: okay, okay...It's going to take a while to get the image of him hallucinating in a tent in the middle of Peru for hours on end out of my mind.

And yes, EJ's slow on the take up! Luckily the kids in Salem have IQ's double the average adult.

Esq

IIttu
Apr 30 2014, 07:36 PM
Esq
Apr 30 2014, 07:32 PM
IIttu
Quote:

My fan heart will never recover lol. ...snif.
:grouphug:

ArnoldFinnegan
Member Avatar

How does one book a hallucinogenic vacation in the jungle? Can Priceline hook me up?

Kaha
Member Avatar

ArnoldFinnegan
Apr 30 2014, 08:19 PM
How does one book a hallucinogenic vacation in the jungle? Can Priceline hook me up?
I can totally hook you up!

Halloween Family
Member Avatar

jam6242
Apr 30 2014, 07:15 PM
Yoryla
LOL yes.

happyphairy
Member Avatar

im glad to see he went through the same emotions i went through re: this ejabby storyline - unlike him i dont quite see the light at the end of this long and tedious tunnel

missmeka1987_
Member Avatar

freedom
Apr 30 2014, 07:33 PM
I have a feeling ED will pop in once a year or so, for a few months, and then leave again. She doesn't seem to want any long-term commitment to the show. She'd rather spend most of her time with her family. Not that I blame her. But I don't see her making a commitment.

ED words:
"At Days they work around other people like that and I have no bad feelings about it, but that's just not me. I don't want to keep the show from doing what it needs to do in order to stay on the air. And you can't put Kristen on the back burner because then there's no point to her. She's always got that foot on the pedal, and that's exhausting. Even when we were dark one week a month, I'd go home with 10 scripts. I was driving my son to school or taking him on outings, and always had scripts with me in the car. My stepsons are both going to be in college, as of this year, and I've been watching their lives fly by because I am at work. I needed to get off the train for a minute
The characters I play there have a very short shelf life. How can you have Kristen keep doing her shenanigans year after year without it getting old? How many times can she reunite with Brady before he starts to look like a complete dunce?"

I totally agree.. :whistling:
Edited by missmeka1987_, Apr 30 2014, 09:13 PM.

Halloween Family
Member Avatar

happyphairy
Apr 30 2014, 08:48 PM
im glad to see he went through the same emotions i went through re: this ejabby storyline - unlike him i dont quite see the light at the end of this long and tedious tunnel
Posted Image

Tripp
Member Avatar
Geekette

BoBradyFan
Apr 30 2014, 07:00 PM
It was a good interview, hopefully this means he isn't going anywhere and will be staying on. I may be minority but I would like to explore the EJabby dynamic to see where if anywhere it could go. I was one of those who enjoyed them and thought they did have some chemistry. I did like that he called people out for giving Kate a hard time. Overall it was pretty good interview, of course I have no interest on any level of EJAMI, so I will be happy when that is over.
You're not in the minority.

daysjahvu
Member Avatar

Halloween Family
Apr 30 2014, 08:33 PM
jam6242
Apr 30 2014, 07:15 PM
Yoryla
LOL yes.
And also why he thinks the show is doing good this year...I guess a week in Peru can make you forget those 1.7 & 1.8 ratings.

ShaneDOOLFan

Jason do you have any idea if Eileen is still taping?

jammy fan

James defending his co star Kate like a boss. I've seen some on twitter call Kate not even Abby the character a whore and they actually tweet her directly with that shit. Where do these people come off?

Looks to me that James ain't going anywhere LOL.

mer4santo
Member Avatar
I own you bitch.

jammy fan
Apr 30 2014, 10:10 PM
James defending his co star Kate like a boss. I've seen some on twitter call Kate not even Abby the character a whore and they actually tweet her directly with that shit. Where do these people come off?

Looks to me that James ain't going anywhere LOL.
Idiotic people do this shit to a lot of actors, all of the time. Kate isn't the first or last to be harassed over the internet. It's amazing what big balls of unremarkable ideas come from anonymity.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply