Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Michael Fairman interview with James Scott
Topic Started: Apr 30 2014, 06:34 PM (8,958 Views)
Tripp
Member Avatar
Geekette

lysie
May 2 2014, 11:56 AM
Tripp
May 2 2014, 11:43 AM
Halloween Family
May 2 2014, 11:02 AM
tomsawyer
May 2 2014, 09:47 AM
Yep. And I feel as sorry for KM as I do any of these actresses, which is not sorry at all.
LOL

I cut KM a lot of slack because of her age but from what I saw they really weren't bad. I had meaner stuff said to me at my job by coworkers. One person said I should get breast implants. lol

At the same time, KM could score a lot of points if she squashed those tweets tagged to her about how Abby/KM is skinnier and prettier than Sami/AS.
You had people accusing you of sleeping to get where you were and that you were ugly and couldn't act? How about calling you a slut (not just the character a slut) and that's stupid and dumb and an idiot? I saw all of that. And it's over and over and over. Plus her interviews are picked apart and whatever she said, what context she said it in is ignored and thrown back in her face.

And I call it bullying. Twitter mentions are something that will show up on her feed and she have to take action to remove them. Now if she were rich enough to pay someone to take care of this nonsense, then fine, but she isn't. I want to make it clear any actor going through this bullshit constantly is wrong and just because other actors have gone through it before doesn't lessen what is happening to her. Personally I think Twitter should take action on this shit, flagrant abuse and name calling should in act suspension or banning the profile. Obviously the person can create more than one but maybe that might lesson it to some degree.

It just galls me when people act vile and nasty and malicious over and over to someone, that the victim is judged for finally reaching a limit and saying STFU.
It's not that you're wrong. It's that there's a much bigger context here. It's a little ironic to read HERE that KM is so picked on and bullied. Worse stuff has been said said HERE about Ali, James, Ari, Crystal, Molly, etc. And a lot of those things were said by people who are oh so concerned about poor Kate now. Conversely, a lot of the people who are saying these things to Kate are the people who are just shocked that anyone would dare say these things about other actors. At the end of the day, these people are actors, this is what they signed on for, and while I may roll my eyes when I see some of the things said to all of them, it's a lot better said online than it is to their faces (which I think used to happen a lot more than it does now). Kate said months ago that she knew this was coming.

And FWIW, James isn't really speaking out not. He was asked. The only person who has really spoken out was Eileen Davidson on twitter. Honestly, I don't think any of this would be getting the kind of attention its getting if she hadn't drawn attention to it. Whether that was right or wrong or good or bad on her part, IDK, but I do think that's the main reason this seems to be a bigger deal than stuff the other actors have gotten.
I don't understand why it's ironic to read HERE that KM is picked on and bullied (or was, I haven't checked in awhile). I'm not complaining about what is said on KM HERE. Actors can be bashed here and should they come and read about it, well, that's on them. I'm complaining about what is sent directly to her to read and it's not something she can escape unless she just outright stops using Twitter, which she shouldn't have to do. That to me is bullying.

As for the people that bash actors here over the characters, that's their right, I really dont care that much about the actors except for BB. I personally try to stay away from looks or personalities of actors I dislike unless the show wants me to believe the actor is just oh so beautiful/handsome/fine when in reality they are only above average (Darrin Brooks is someone I took issue with during his time on Days because Max was not the drop dead hunk the show kept trying to make him out to be). What I do think is up for discussion/bashing is an actor's acting abilities because at the end of the day that is what they are paid to do, and if they really don't measure up, it's on them and the show to get better.

Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

crookedhalo
Member Avatar

S loves EJ
May 2 2014, 04:51 AM
KM said Ejabby isn't over until someone's dead so there is still hope. I think Ejabby has sexual chemistry so part of me is interested in seeing them explored further but I have doubts about whether or not they can work since she is to good for him and probably won't accept his bad side. It is also possible that they would get back to Ejole I like that Nicole is pretty acceting of his bad side but I'm not sure if Ejole has enough chemistry or not.
They are fire and ice. He's the son of the devil, and she's Jen Horton-Devereaux's daughter, enough said. They not only had sexual chemistry (whatever that is) their two characters played nicely off each other. He thinks he's all powerful and she thinks she always right. He likes to take control but she clearly runs their conversation. I don't necessarily need romance, lies lies, but I love them going toe to toe. And Chad, can only make that more interesting.

crookedhalo
Member Avatar

Tripp
May 2 2014, 03:05 PM
lysie
Tripp
Halloween Family

Quoting limited to 4 levels deep
You had people accusing you of sleeping to get where you were and that you were ugly and couldn't act? How about calling you a slut (not just the character a slut) and that's stupid and dumb and an idiot? I saw all of that. And it's over and over and over. Plus her interviews are picked apart and whatever she said, what context she said it in is ignored and thrown back in her face.

And I call it bullying. Twitter mentions are something that will show up on her feed and she have to take action to remove them. Now if she were rich enough to pay someone to take care of this nonsense, then fine, but she isn't. I want to make it clear any actor going through this bullshit constantly is wrong and just because other actors have gone through it before doesn't lessen what is happening to her. Personally I think Twitter should take action on this shit, flagrant abuse and name calling should in act suspension or banning the profile. Obviously the person can create more than one but maybe that might lesson it to some degree.

It just galls me when people act vile and nasty and malicious over and over to someone, that the victim is judged for finally reaching a limit and saying STFU.
It's not that you're wrong. It's that there's a much bigger context here. It's a little ironic to read HERE that KM is so picked on and bullied. Worse stuff has been said said HERE about Ali, James, Ari, Crystal, Molly, etc. And a lot of those things were said by people who are oh so concerned about poor Kate now. Conversely, a lot of the people who are saying these things to Kate are the people who are just shocked that anyone would dare say these things about other actors. At the end of the day, these people are actors, this is what they signed on for, and while I may roll my eyes when I see some of the things said to all of them, it's a lot better said online than it is to their faces (which I think used to happen a lot more than it does now). Kate said months ago that she knew this was coming.

And FWIW, James isn't really speaking out not. He was asked. The only person who has really spoken out was Eileen Davidson on twitter. Honestly, I don't think any of this would be getting the kind of attention its getting if she hadn't drawn attention to it. Whether that was right or wrong or good or bad on her part, IDK, but I do think that's the main reason this seems to be a bigger deal than stuff the other actors have gotten.
I don't understand why it's ironic to read HERE that KM is picked on and bullied (or was, I haven't checked in awhile). I'm not complaining about what is said on KM HERE. Actors can be bashed here and should they come and read about it, well, that's on them. I'm complaining about what is sent directly to her to read and it's not something she can escape unless she just outright stops using Twitter, which she shouldn't have to do. That to me is bullying.

As for the people that bash actors here over the characters, that's their right, I really dont care that much about the actors except for BB. I personally try to stay away from looks or personalities of actors I dislike unless the show wants me to believe the actor is just oh so beautiful/handsome/fine when in reality they are only above average (Darrin Brooks is someone I took issue with during his time on Days because Max was not the drop dead hunk the show kept trying to make him out to be). What I do think is up for discussion/bashing is an actor's acting abilities because at the end of the day that is what they are paid to do, and if they really don't measure up, it's on them and the show to get better.

Sorry about the possible demise of your character, they had a chance with him but TPTB didn't take it, that was a big mistake.

lysie
Member Avatar

Tripp
lysie
Tripp
Halloween Family

Because the people here are the people on twitter. ;) I do agree that there's a difference in doing it here and doing it on twitter, though.

crookedhalo
Member Avatar

lysie
May 2 2014, 03:10 PM
Tripp
lysie
Tripp

Because the people here are the people on twitter. ;) I do agree that there's a difference in doing it here and doing it on twitter, though.
I wonder if she got nasty letters and things, something tells me she did.

BTW, I do think EJami will walk down the isle, before Sami is said and done.

gailwinters
Member Avatar

crookedhalo
May 2 2014, 03:06 PM
S loves EJ
KM said Ejabby isn't over until someone's dead so there is still hope. I think Ejabby has sexual chemistry so part of me is interested in seeing them explored further but I have doubts about whether or not they can work since she is to good for him and probably won't accept his bad side. It is also possible that they would get back to Ejole I like that Nicole is pretty acceting of his bad side but I'm not sure if Ejole has enough chemistry or not.
They are fire and ice. He's the son of the devil, and she's Jen Horton-Devereaux's daughter, enough said. They not only had sexual chemistry (whatever that is) their two characters played nicely off each other. He thinks he's all powerful and she thinks she always right. He likes to take control but she clearly runs their conversation. I don't necessarily need romance, lies lies, but I love them going toe to toe. And Chad, can only make that more interesting.
The Abigail character is bland as dry toast on her own. I can't even bring myself to contemplate the thought of two or three hot guys being wasted to try to make her interesting.

Abigail is the female equivalent of everything I detested about the character of Rafe.

crookedhalo
Member Avatar

gailwinters
May 2 2014, 03:21 PM
crookedhalo
May 2 2014, 03:06 PM
S loves EJ
The Abigail character is bland as dry toast on her own. I can't even bring myself to contemplate the thought of two or three hot guys being wasted to try to make her interesting.

Abigail is the female equivalent of everything I detested about the character of Rafe.

that's your opinion and that is cool.

Frankily I like that she's the little loud mouthed mouse, when you put two sweet nice people together you get fetch... and nobody wants that ;) .
Edited by crookedhalo, May 2 2014, 03:55 PM.

BeeBee
Member Avatar

lysie
Tripp
Halloween Family
tomsawyer
May 2 2014, 09:47 AM
Yep. And I feel as sorry for KM as I do any of these actresses, which is not sorry at all.
LOL

I cut KM a lot of slack because of her age but from what I saw they really weren't bad. I had meaner stuff said to me at my job by coworkers. One person said I should get breast implants. lol

At the same time, KM could score a lot of points if she squashed those tweets tagged to her about how Abby/KM is skinnier and prettier than Sami/AS.

I still think there is a difference between tweeting something directly to an actress/actor and putting something on the show or actor facebook page and posting on a fan site like DR.I say a lot of things on this site about AS,Sami,Nicole,the writers,the hair staff,the wardrobe that I would never under any circumstances post on the actor or the shows twitter feed or facebook page because I have a reasonable expectation that the actor or staff would see them.Monitoring their personal twitter/facebook accounts and those of the show is likely a necessary part of their job to obtain feedback,checking out the many fan sites is not.

Edit:Day late and dollar short.I agree with Tripp and Lysie response. I see the tweeting and posting abusive comments on facebook as cyberbullying.
Edited by BeeBee, May 2 2014, 07:10 PM.

Yoryla
Member Avatar

thepadange
May 1 2014, 05:08 AM
missmeka1987_
Apr 30 2014, 08:48 PM
freedom
Apr 30 2014, 07:33 PM
I have a feeling ED will pop in once a year or so, for a few months, and then leave again. She doesn't seem to want any long-term commitment to the show. She'd rather spend most of her time with her family. Not that I blame her. But I don't see her making a commitment.

ED words:
"At Days they work around other people like that and I have no bad feelings about it, but that's just not me. I don't want to keep the show from doing what it needs to do in order to stay on the air. And you can't put Kristen on the back burner because then there's no point to her. She's always got that foot on the pedal, and that's exhausting. Even when we were dark one week a month, I'd go home with 10 scripts. I was driving my son to school or taking him on outings, and always had scripts with me in the car. My stepsons are both going to be in college, as of this year, and I've been watching their lives fly by because I am at work. I needed to get off the train for a minute
The characters I play there have a very short shelf life. How can you have Kristen keep doing her shenanigans year after year without it getting old? How many times can she reunite with Brady before he starts to look like a complete dunce?"

I totally agree.. :whistling:
I think, there could be something in the middle between 3,5 episodes/week and being back burnered. And by saying that I mean 2/1,5 episodes/week. This is a decent amount of screentime to be involved in a s/l but it's less exhausting for an actor. Maybe her appearing once in a year is what makes quite a big publicity for the show I don't think it will work for them in the long-run, unless Sony offers her one contract on doing both shows (which I don't think it's ever done before).

Back to JS. I didn't get the impression he was leaving but I'm also not completely sure he's staying either. (If Blake actually left in January and the February 18th SON article about him says he is still with the show after CB leaves and isn't leaving anytime soon how can you believe in what's being said).
Now, I know this is probably never going to happen, but this is something they should really look into, because they could. Times have changed, these days you need new, more innovative approaches to have success and be able to compete and stand out. In my line of work, I have actually been someone who worked for two separate chains on one company at the same time. They were competitors, but their target groups weren't the same. They should really look into it.

Yoryla
Member Avatar

Kaha
May 1 2014, 06:25 AM
Will&Sonny
May 1 2014, 06:23 AM
In other news, it's good to know that two people actually loved the fake-out episode (a soapcentral.com columnist being the other one).

Two people!
And I usually enjoy that columnist. But seriously, how could anyone like the fake out. Although on second watch, it was not as horrendous as the first time.
Yep, when I saw that headline I couldn't even read any of that rubbish. I mean, "gave us the gift of their great acting"??? Excuse me? On what planet!!! LOL

Yoryla
Member Avatar

You know, reading all these comments from the day before, so many of you got it right that he isn't staying. And I was utterly shocked lol :D
Edited by Yoryla, May 4 2014, 04:20 PM.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply