Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
41st Annual Daytime Emmy Award Nominations
Topic Started: May 1 2014, 06:19 AM (13,341 Views)
Geno Brady
Member Avatar

Any word about submission reels? Every year I find myself wishing they were easier to find. I saw where someone posted about the episodes that Days picked for best show, but can't find evidence of anything else.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

concerned
Member Avatar

T-Love74
May 2 2014, 04:12 AM
Ireland98
May 2 2014, 04:03 AM
Great episode selections for Days. These and the Nick and Gabi wedding were their best episodes of the year. Anything else submitted would've been a failure.
I hoped they submitted the Nick/Gabi wedding for Writing.
The Nick Gabi wedding was fantastically well done.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

thepadange

Geno Brady
May 5 2014, 10:27 PM
Any word about submission reels? Every year I find myself wishing they were easier to find. I saw where someone posted about the episodes that Days picked for best show, but can't find evidence of anything else.
In his chat with Michael Fairman David Michaels from NATAS said they'll be posting reels starting this week. He didn't say exactly where, though.

Some of the nominees reavealed their reels in the same show with MF:
http://michaelfairmansoaps.com/news/listen-to-the-broadcast-soap-nation-live-with-michael-fairman-guests-jason-thompson-steve-burton-eileen-davidson-heather-tom-kelley-missal-max-ehrich/2014/05/03/
Edited by thepadange, May 7 2014, 06:54 AM.

DiMeraFan67
Member Avatar

On the most recent Daytime Confidential Podcast Jamey Giddens states that Greg Vaughan submitted the scenes where he confronts Marlena after she plays the rape video. But he didn't get a nom.

Eric Martsolf picked a scene where Brady and Eric are fighting over the rape. I'm really surprised that he didn't go with a scene that involved Eileen and I'm even more surprised that he got a nomination for a scene that didn't involve her, but that speaks highly of his work, IMO. Or at least what the voters think of his work.

thepadange

DiMeraFan67
May 7 2014, 01:23 PM

Eric Martsolf picked a scene where Brady and Eric are fighting over the rape. I'm really surprised that he didn't go with a scene that involved Eileen and I'm even more surprised that he got a nomination for a scene that didn't involve her, but that speaks highly of his work, IMO. Or at least what the voters think of his work.
It depends on what exactly episode he's submitted. Their fight begins on 11-11-13 (at the end), and continues on 11-12-13 (at the beginning). In 11-11-13 episode he has scenes with Eileen and Greg, in 11-12-13 - scenes with Greg and others, and then with Deidre.

Yoryla
Member Avatar

I hope it's the 11-11-13 scenes, they were great plus he was in them with Eileen.

jmnmf

Someone on Gold Derby said that Eric allegedly submitted the 12/30 episode where Brady is confronted about his drug use.

Scenes here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2XVw1VbhxHw
Edited by jmnmf, May 7 2014, 04:31 PM.

thepadange

Technically, there might have been different reels for prenomination and nomination.

Guess, we have to wait till they post the reels.
Edited by thepadange, May 7 2014, 04:47 PM.

DiMeraFan67
Member Avatar

thepadange
May 7 2014, 02:56 PM
DiMeraFan67

It depends on what exactly episode he's submitted. Their fight begins on 11-11-13 (at the end), and continues on 11-12-13 (at the beginning). In 11-11-13 episode he has scenes with Eileen and Greg, in 11-12-13 - scenes with Greg and others, and then with Deidre.
They specifically state that he isn't opposite Eileen in his reel. Whether that's accurate or not, I dunno. Seems like Jamey interviewed him and asked what he submitted and he said scenes with Greg Vaughan.

Renegade_Killerbee
Member Avatar

They should have Susan Flannery present the Lead Actress trophy.

Besides having won the award 900 times, it would be kinda awesome to see her present it to ex co-star Katherine Kelly Lang or Heather Tom.

But even more ironic to see her present it to Eileen Davidson since Flannery was the last time a Days of Our Lives actress won a lead actress Emmy ... way back during the Ford administration.

DiMeraFan67
Member Avatar

Renegade_Killerbee
May 7 2014, 08:27 PM
They should have Susan Flannery present the Lead Actress trophy.

Besides having won the award 900 times, it would be kinda awesome to see her present it to ex co-star Katherine Kelly Lang or Heather Tom.

But even more ironic to see her present it to Eileen Davidson since Flannery was the last time a Days of Our Lives actress won a lead actress Emmy ... way back during the Ford administration.
This would be a great idea, although I was always a big fan of having the previous year's winner presenting to the opposite sex so it would be Heather Tom and Doug Davidson. Doug Davidson and Flannery presenting Lead Actress while Heather Tom and an older male legend present Lead Actor would be cool.

I hate having the younger nominees present to the Leads. It makes it feel like less of a moment to me. I would rather see iconic people or bigger stars doing it. It sounded good on paper but it hasn't played out well the last couple of years. Also can they stop being idiots and putting the Lead Actor award on first? That makes zero sense.

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

Lead actor being first award is the dumbest thing , it's like the producers are trying to water down the importance of the soap categories when we ALL know they are te biggest. For once can we just get a damn emmy telecast that is about the soaps and not the crap talk shows and their drama queen hosts!

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

DiMeraFan67
May 7 2014, 06:52 PM
thepadange
May 7 2014, 02:56 PM
DiMeraFan67

They specifically state that he isn't opposite Eileen in his reel. Whether that's accurate or not, I dunno. Seems like Jamey interviewed him and asked what he submitted and he said scenes with Greg Vaughan.
I believe Greg Vaughn was opposite him on the 12/30 episode...hmmm I wonder if he switches episodes during prenom and nom round like Eileen Davidson did.

thepadange

I believe, most of them switched their reels because of different requirements for prenomination and nomination (up to 4 minutes long reel containing up to two scenes for prenomination; and unlimited number of scenes from one episode (for One Hour shows) for nomination).
Edited by thepadange, May 8 2014, 04:52 AM.

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

EM just confirmed to SON that he submitted the cocaine intervention episode (12/30) for emmy contention.

That was the best episode of 2013 for EM so I am very happy he submitted that one.

DiMeraFan67
Member Avatar

Mitchapalooza
May 8 2014, 10:20 AM
EM just confirmed to SON that he submitted the cocaine intervention episode (12/30) for emmy contention.

That was the best episode of 2013 for EM so I am very happy he submitted that one.
It is a great choice. Makes me wonder what Jamey is actually talking about. could have been talking about pre-noms or another scene that he considered.

About your other post they are really trying to make the soap awards pointless. I remember last year they announced that the morning show award was going to close the show for the first time ever and there was a huge twitter uproar so HLN had to go back to putting Outstanding Drama Series at the end like it should be.

The supportings should open then the Younger then the Leads then Show. With the rest sprinkled in between the boring ass non-soap awards. The format is not that hard to figure out.
Edited by DiMeraFan67, May 8 2014, 02:21 PM.

Yoryla
Member Avatar

Lol, yeah, I cannot believe they would put it in any other order than younger-supporting-lead-show - I mean of course it has to be like that, it should be in the order of importance with the lesser ones first. That's how you build the momentum for christ's sakes.... everyone wants to see who are the leads, that the biggest category there is and biggest of biggest is of course then best show to round it up. Isn't that how they do it in ALL the awards shows.... if not they should. lol it's not rocket science....

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

^This is all why I am kinda hoping it is IS a internet-based streamed awards show this year....there will be way less desire to have "filler" and hopefully soaps can get the respect they deserve.

OliveAnn

DiMeraFan67
May 7 2014, 08:39 PM
I hate having the younger nominees present to the Leads. It makes it feel like less of a moment to me. I would rather see iconic people or bigger stars doing it. It sounded good on paper but it hasn't played out well the last couple of years. Also can they stop being idiots and putting the Lead Actor award on first? That makes zero sense.
I get the point of Young Actor and Actress nominees giving the award to the Lead Actor and Actress winner: they do a speech about the nominees being their idols (even if that's not totally true) and then get the honor of handing the statue to one of their "idols". But, I'd like to see it be the other way around: Lead Actress and Actor nominees handing out the award to best Younger Actor and Actress. It would be like a rite of passage; presenting the new generation of soaps... even if the winner is at some point going to leave their soap for primetime endeavours.

jmnmf

Someone asked Judie (who does the promos) which scenes Chandler and Ari submitted, and she answered below. Apparently she edited the scenes for the academy. She also tweeted she would post the airdates later.

@heyjude14: @lulumama2009 just for the academy. Ari's scene with Eric and not forgiving him Chandler's was after he was shot and met his daughter

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · General Daytime News · Next Topic »
Add Reply