Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
41st Annual Daytime Emmy Award Nominations
Topic Started: May 1 2014, 06:19 AM (13,862 Views)
mslat92

I honestly think HT will win it again.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

daysjahvu
Member Avatar

concerned
Jun 1 2014, 06:34 PM
Good thing the competition was knocked out.

I don't understand why Days isn't promo-ing the bejesus of this.

If anyone should be going to interviews at the moment it should be these three.
You would think with 2 leading ladies like AZ & ED they would be out there behind them full force. Especially with Ali's departure coming up. Now would be the perfect time to push AZ out to front & center. I've got to wonder who is working in Days PR...they hype a fake reveal but they don't hype real talent. SMDH :shrug:

blueskies
Member Avatar

well i'd say they're definitely not being broadcast this year! Too bad, I was really hoping they'd get picked up somewhere.

DiMeraFan67
Member Avatar

blueskies
Jun 2 2014, 05:46 PM
well i'd say they're definitely not being broadcast this year! Too bad, I was really hoping they'd get picked up somewhere.
Apparently the press hasn't even been talked to about getting their credentials yet either. They are reallllly behind this year.

Renegade_Killerbee
Member Avatar

OliveAnn
May 16 2014, 02:46 PM
OK, I'm confused. Did Kristen Alderson get nominated for her work as Kiki or for her work as Starr?

Does it matter?

She's been playing the same character on General Hospital for the past couple of years. Only difference is, she colored her hair to play the second one.

Renegade_Killerbee
Member Avatar

mslat92
Jun 1 2014, 09:22 PM
She is pictured (and mentioned) in the new TV Guide Emmy article. Didn't realize that if she wins, she will be the first performer to ever win a Daytime Emmy four years in a row.

Posted Image

ShaneDOOLFan

Renegade_Killerbee
Jun 12 2014, 01:31 PM
mslat92
She is pictured (and mentioned) in the new TV Guide Emmy article. Didn't realize that if she wins, she will be the first performer to ever win a Daytime Emmy four years in a row.

Posted Image
I hate how Logan is so biased. I honestly think DOOL has an excellent shot at winning Best Drama.

thepadange

ShaneDOOLFan
Jun 13 2014, 10:33 PM
Renegade_Killerbee
mslat92

Posted Image
I hate how Logan is so biased. I honestly think DOOL has an excellent shot at winning Best Drama.
Well, "Days" is my favorite show and their reels are very good but sadly I have to agree that Y&R has best shot at winning this year because they have two (only two but it's enough) really impressive episodes.

blueskies
Member Avatar

ShaneDOOLFan
Renegade_Killerbee
mslat92

Posted Image
I agree. And Days didn't just submit, as he says Kristen's "trash-tastic" wedding. They also have Nick's breakdown after the Jensen-Island incident when he tells Gabi everything.

blueskies
Member Avatar

Apparently these are the "fan favorite" award nominees,

https://www.facebook.com/DaytimeEmmyAwards/app_685015381554365

ugh.

Yoryla
Member Avatar

blueskies
Jun 14 2014, 09:33 AM
ShaneDOOLFan
Renegade_Killerbee
mslat92

Posted Image
I agree. And Days didn't just submit, as he says Kristen's "trash-tastic" wedding. They also have Nick's breakdown after the Jensen-Island incident when he tells Gabi everything.
Yeah... the "trash-tastic" was a little too much and below the belt for me...... did not like that at all....

thepadange

blueskies
Jun 14 2014, 10:38 AM
Apparently these are the "fan favorite" award nominees,

https://www.facebook.com/DaytimeEmmyAwards/app_685015381554365

ugh.
That's a weird description. Did I understand it right, it's because they tweet, post, hashtag etc :shrug: ?

thepadange

Yoryla
Jun 14 2014, 12:12 PM
blueskies
Jun 14 2014, 09:33 AM
ShaneDOOLFan
Renegade_Killerbee

Quoting limited to 4 levels deepTV Guide Emmy article. Didn't realize that if she wins, she will be the first performer to ever win a Daytime Emmy four years in a row.

Posted Image
Yeah... the "trash-tastic" was a little too much and below the belt for me...... did not like that at all....
Maybe he didn't mean it (re: the wording) in a bad sense. He wrote this in December:
Quote:

Best Soap: Days of Our Lives and General Hospital (tie)
Hey, we tried to pick one over the other really, we did but we simply couldn't. NBC's Days of Our Lives, the soap that once costarred Satan, continued to wow us with its awesomely trashy shocks: Stefano hires a hit man to cut off Rafe's penis! Sonny is forced to deliver his boyfriend's baby! Kristen beds a drugged-out priest and gets it all on video! But mostly Days did what it does best bring us deeply involving relationship drama with characters we've loved and cherished for decades. Its Emmy Award for Outstanding Daytime Drama in June the show's first in 35 years was well-deserved.

http://www.tvguide.com/News/Best-Soaps-2013-1074796.aspx

ShaneDOOLFan

I think they have a good shot. Those episodes involved SEVERAL characters and storylines. The Young and the Restless just involved one. DOOL has done a great job incorporating its cast in several storylines.

Yoryla
Member Avatar

I think what it all comes down to is if the voters know these shows or not. If they just watch the one eppi, then the award could possibly go to Y&R and someone like HT. But if they actually know these shows and have been watching them here and there it might make them actually think that Days and ED deserve it more....... which they do....... It all depends.....

DiMeraFan67
Member Avatar

Yoryla
Jun 15 2014, 10:56 AM
I think what it all comes down to is if the voters know these shows or not. If they just watch the one eppi, then the award could possibly go to Y&R and someone like HT. But if they actually know these shows and have been watching them here and there it might make them actually think that Days and ED deserve it more....... which they do....... It all depends.....
Then Y&R and Heather Tom will win. Its all about the reels. No one cares which show was better for a year or which actress had the better body of work. I mean that's my problem with the whole process, but you can't make people watch that much TV to judge an award. I can't even watch 4 soaps and I don't try to work their crazy ass schedules and audition, etc.

mslat92

Renegade_Killerbee
mslat92

Posted Image
She'd also break the record for most consecutive wins in the Leading Actress Category (currently held by Erika Slezak).

Yoryla
Member Avatar

Today's the Day! :P :D

Yoryla
Member Avatar

Days of our Lives @nbcdays 3 h

*fingers crossed for an Emmy* #DAYS #DaytimeEmmys

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · General Daytime News · Next Topic »
Add Reply