Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
41st Annual Daytime Emmy Award Nominations
Topic Started: May 1 2014, 06:19 AM (13,012 Views)
OliveAnn

Well, Amelia Heinle is now an Emmy nominee. And she derserved it.

Eric Martsolf but not Greg Vaugh?!? What?!?

Chandler Massey is the only nominated younger actor form Days. I cannot even...
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Kenny
Member Avatar

I can't believe Blake Berris didn't even get a nomination. He was excellent last year.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Restless84
Member Avatar

Wow, these nominations suck. No Blake Berris? :rolleyes:

cockymom
Member Avatar

Blake, Greg, and Casey all deserved noms in my opinion. Nothing against Chandler Massey, but last year was not his best work.

Yoryla
Member Avatar

Wohoooooo, go Eileen!!! :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

:D

Oak Alley
Member Avatar

Kenny
May 1 2014, 08:05 AM
I can't believe Blake Berris didn't even get a nomination. He was excellent last year.
MUCH MUCH more than Chandler was...

thrilled about Eileen & Ari's nominations- along with 'best drama'

Yoryla
Member Avatar

SO HAPPY right now!!! :) :) :)

freedom

Go Eric Martsolf!

Go Eileen Davidson!!

thepadange

Wow, Eric Martsolf! A pleasant surprise. (Thanks to Eileen for this too LOL).

OliveAnn

Oak Alley
May 1 2014, 08:15 AM
Kenny

They were in different categories, though, so you're kinda comparing apples and pears. But, in comparison to Casey Moss and even Freddie Smith, one does wonder how he landed a nomination (name recognition?).

Joshua
Member Avatar

GH didn't get a writing nom and got edged out by a prospect place soap for Outstanding Drama!? Ah man, I would kill to see live reaction from Ron Carlivati lol

thepadange

Full list of nominations:
http://emmyonline.com/day_41st_nominations

Mirage75
Member Avatar

No Wally. :( I really thought he had great material.

I'm really shocked about Blake. Even though I think he's overrated, but he definitely had the material over Eric Martsolf in my opinion.

WTF with Chandler over Freddie and Casey?!! That's just messed up. Chandler sucked last year. What a joke.

Happy for Jane Elliott and Ari Zucker. And a lot of the Y&R nominations.

Bright Eyes
Member Avatar

Joshua
May 1 2014, 08:21 AM
GH didn't get a writing nom and got edged out by a prospect place soap for Outstanding Drama!? Ah man, I would kill to see live reaction from Ron Carlivati lol
Me too! It couldn't have happened to a more deserving douchebag!

Oak Alley
Member Avatar

OliveAnn
May 1 2014, 08:20 AM
Oak Alley
May 1 2014, 08:15 AM
Kenny

They were in different categories, though, so you're kinda comparing apples and pears. But, in comparison to Casey Moss and even Freddie Smith, one does wonder how he landed a nomination (name recognition?).
I've always felt that Blake is a better actor than Chandler, regardless of categories. Chandler definitely deserved his 1st emmy win, but I felt that he became bored with the role after that- and it's without a doubt in my mind, that he got this nomination because of his previous wins...

Yoryla
Member Avatar

Have to say, *majorly* surprised that Arianne got the nomination for Lead. Very happy for her though!

I wonder why there are only four nominees in the Actress category, while others have five?

No Finola Hughes or Maura West? Also very surprised that KKL got a nom.

No Blake Berris or Greg Vaughan? Very surprising. I think Eric M. did great work last year aswell, but still, surprising. I was really hoping for Berris to at least get a nomination.

Very surprised that Casey Moss didn't make the cut. And also, no Freddie Smith.

Chandler with a nom, not surprisingly. I also think he has a good chance at winning again.

So there goes GoldDerby's prediction that Christel Khalil would win the Younger Actress category, lol.

natdot99
Member Avatar

Joshua
May 1 2014, 08:21 AM

I would have loved to see his reaction as well, :hail:
GH storylines have been mostly stagnant and redundant.

jotalina
Member Avatar

Congrats to Eileen, Eric, Ari and specially to Chandler I'm so happy for all of them, they made an amazing job last year :cheer:
So sad about Freddie though he totally deserved to be in that list too :(

lysie
Member Avatar

This award show never fails to prove itself a joke, lol.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
LUMI

Kenny
Yeah, seriously.....I just can't believe that he was omitted.

Days' best shot at a win is really Eileen...but I"m glad that AZ got her nom for lead this year....it's where she belongs. if Days were smart they'd pitch her as the new leading lady now that AS is leaving.....problem is they'd likely do it with SC as her leading man...and I just can't with that shit.

I like Eric M ...but I'd have to see what he submitted.....clearly GV I think was robbed of a nom here too.....

I'm happy for Chandler but I'm over him already......he might actually win yet again....

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · General Daytime News · Next Topic »
Add Reply