Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
41st Annual Daytime Emmy Award Nominations
Topic Started: May 1 2014, 06:19 AM (14,107 Views)
thepadange

Surprised 'Days' got noms for Costume Design and Hairstyling, lol.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

T-Love74
Member Avatar

So, Y&R (the absolute worst show of 2013), leads the noms with 26??
DUMB! DUMB! DUMB!!

Yoryla
Member Avatar

Btw, *majorly* surprised that GH didn't get a Drama Series Nomination....

They had a pretty amazing year last year (even though the show is not good right now...).

And they sure as the heck would have deserved it more than Y&R.

thepadange

T-Love74
May 1 2014, 08:37 AM
So, Y&R (the absolute worst show of 2013), leads the noms with 26??
DUMB! DUMB! DUMB!!
It's quite well known that this is where JFP is especially strong. When you watch the show you can say that's the episode they will submit for Best Drama Series, this one can submit BM, this one - PB etc etc.
Edited by thepadange, May 1 2014, 08:44 AM.

LonePirate
Member Avatar

If there is any justice in the world, ED will win that Best Actress Emmy. Nobody in daytime even compares to her performance last year. She was simply phenomenal last year.

EM better be on his phone or computer ordering a massive thank you bouquet of flowers for ED as his nomination is almost assuredly because she helped make him a better actor. EM is a solid actor but his scenes with ED are why he was nominated.

It is laughable that CM was nominated again for Younger Actor when he sleepwalked through the entire year. His story was carried by BB and FS, neither of whom were nominated which are travesties in their own right.

Oak Alley
Member Avatar

Thrilled to see Chad Duell & Bryan Craig nominated for 'Younger Actor'!

and looking at the list of nominees for 'Drama series' , I have to laugh when I think of Ron C's immediate reaction...

thepadange

Dear mods,
where do the tweets go?

Alison Sweeney ‏@Ali_Sweeney 4m
Woo hoo!! Congrats @eileen_davidson @Ari_Zucker @ericmartsolf @ChandlerMassey for your @DaytimeEmmys nominations!! Well deserved! Bravo!! XO
https://twitter.com/Ali_Sweeney/status/461862852811190273
Edited by thepadange, May 1 2014, 08:47 AM.

T-Love74
Member Avatar

LonePirate
May 1 2014, 08:43 AM
If there is any justice in the world, ED will win that Best Actress Emmy. Nobody in daytime even compares to her performance last year. She was simply phenomenal last year.

EM better be on his phone or computer ordering a massive thank you bouquet of flowers for ED as his nomination is almost assuredly because she helped make him a better actor. EM is a solid actor but his scenes with ED are why he was nominated.

It is laughable that CM was nominated again for Younger Actor when he sleepwalked through the entire year. His story was carried by BB and FS, neither of whom were nominated which are travesties in their own right.
We don't even know what he submitted.

Oak Alley
Member Avatar

T-Love74
May 1 2014, 08:47 AM
LonePirate
May 1 2014, 08:43 AM

We don't even know what he submitted.
he would be a fool for not submitting material with Eileen...

SunAngel
Member Avatar

You know what, looking at these lists again, this doesn't look right at all.

Call me a conspiracy theoriest, but notice that each category had a single or two soaps dominating. It seems like whichever soaps managed to control the judges in every category, got landslide wins.

Lead actress was controlled by B&B and Days.

Lead actor was controlled by Y&R.

Supporting actor was controlled by GH. Scott Clifton and Steve Burton are both ex-GH actors too so if GH controlled the judges there, it would make sense they'd be more inclined to vote for former colleagues. Supporting Actress is just Y&R/GH.

Younger actor is Y&R/GH dominated. Younger actress is strangely B&B dominated.
Edited by SunAngel, May 1 2014, 09:02 AM.

Miss Rhi
Member Avatar
"If Sami can't find happiness with a Martian, then she can't find happiness with anyone."

Happy for Elieen, Ari and Eric!

Like most of the GH noms too except for Kelly and Kristen. Hope RC is stewing.

I haven't watched Y&R in over a year but from reading posts here and stuff elsewhere I'm surprised they got that many noms. Not shocked though considering the rumors about how they vote.

Did the Tainted Dreams people put out those 3 episodes on YT a few months ago to be eligible for noms for this year or is this all there is I wonder? In one place on their YT channel they call those episodes sneak peek ones but don't seem to have any info concerning if that's it or if more episodes are coming soon.

KMan101
Member Avatar

Joshua
May 1 2014, 08:21 AM
GH didn't get a writing nom and got edged out by a prospect place soap for Outstanding Drama!? Ah man, I would kill to see live reaction from Ron Carlivati lol
Me too! That made my morning honestly.

Will&Sonny

I love that Blake Berris was snubbed. :teehee:

I love that Chandler Massey was nominated again, and will likely win. He deserves it, as far as I'm concerned.

I love that GH was snubbed in both the Drama and Writing categories after it seemed like everyone was insisting last year that it was the best soap on the air. Oh, and that one of their acting nominations comes from the actress whose character, as far as I can tell, is the show's most-hated character (Kiki).

I hate the continued dominance of Y&R in the Lead Actor category. The same thing happened last year, and it's just a bit excessive, IMO.

I'm absolutely positive that Eileen Davidson will win the award for Outstanding Lead Actress. I think that Days has a very good chance of winning the Outstanding Drama category, too. But I'll wait to make my final predictions (not that anyone really cares) until the submission reels are made public.

KMan101
Member Avatar

thepadange
May 1 2014, 08:33 AM
Surprised 'Days' got noms for Costume Design and Hairstyling, lol.
I'm just glad GH didn't get one for hairstyling. It's atrocious. The men all look like slobs.

lysie
Member Avatar

SunAngel
May 1 2014, 08:50 AM
You know what, looking at these lists again, this doesn't look right at all.

Call me a conspiracy theoriest, but notice that each category had a single or two soaps dominating. It seems like whichever soaps managed to control the judges in every category, got landslide wins.

Lead actress was controlled by B&B and Days.

Lead actor was controlled by Y&R.

Supporting actor was controlled by GH. Scott Clifton and Steve Burton are both ex-GH actors too so if GH controlled the judges there, it would make sense they'd be more inclined to vote for former colleagues. Supporting Actress is just Y&R/GH.

Younger actor is Y&R/GH dominated. Younger actress is strangely B&B dominated.
It sounds exactly like the nominations do every year.

KMan101
Member Avatar

Chandler Massey doesn't deserve a nod over Blake. Massey phoned in just about every performance last year.

Kimba73
Member Avatar

I guess it really depends on what scenes were submitted. I think either Casey or Freddie should have gotten a nomination for younger actor on Days, but Chandler did do some good work at the beginning of the year with the Nabi wedding and baby reveal. :shrug:

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
♥ LUMI ♥

Yoryla
May 1 2014, 08:39 AM
Btw, *majorly* surprised that GH didn't get a Drama Series Nomination....

They had a pretty amazing year last year (even though the show is not good right now...).

And they sure as the heck would have deserved it more than Y&R.
Yeah, I was also surprised by that....they had Robin's return and all that good stuff with Dr. O, Maxie's baby non baby baby....the show has seriously nose dived in the last 4 months though....but they should have gotten the nom

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
♥ LUMI ♥

KMan101
May 1 2014, 09:03 AM
Chandler Massey doesn't deserve a nod over Blake. Massey phoned in just about every performance last year.
Was Blake in the younger actor category? I thought he was pre nom for supporting

AmbernOK
Member Avatar

Very excited for Ari and Eileen!!!

However, I love EM, but I don't think he did better than GV last year! I'm curious to see what they submitted. If GV submitted the rape accusation scenes with Ari, he should've gotten the nod hands down!

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Create your own social network with a free forum.
Learn More · Register for Free
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · General Daytime News · Next Topic »
Add Reply